FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 21)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
BlueBambue
Member # 8656

- posted      Profile for BlueBambue           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just posting because then i will control the 1000th reply to this thread. [Smile]

OSC should write a book for each of these titles.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva Scrye
Member # 8960

- posted      Profile for Eva Scrye   Email Eva Scrye         Edit/Delete Post 
*shiver*

No, really, has anyone even heard about the book lately? I sure hope it's past the title-brainstorming phase...

Posts: 70 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Storming is right...
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we lost some of the brain along the way...
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
lost some of the what?
What's brain?

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
What's what?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

In reference to "brain-storming"...
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if any of these have already been mentioned...my thesaurus was getting lonely and I thought I'd give it some company.

There are a lot of different ways a novel like this can go, so I went for a shotgun style smattering of titles, hopefully one might fit the bill.

Ender's Passage
Ender's Journey
Ender's Voyage
Ender's Flight
Ender's Apprentice
Ender's Protégé
Ender's Pupil
Ender's Prodigy
Ender's Penance
Ender's Salvation
Ender's Vindication
Ender's Peace
Ender's Threshold
Ender's Promise
Ender's Evolution
Ender's Undertaking
Ender's Hope
Ender Divided

Okay, I'm spent.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tms
Member # 9017

- posted      Profile for tms   Email tms         Edit/Delete Post 
I considered What Ender Did Next to be reasonably amusing as a false submission.

I have sat for a while with Ender's Name because it could explore how he intends to redefine what he is known for. And it makes us ask questions.

My brain has fallen on Ender's Reach, Ender Reaches.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Descolada Survivor
Member # 9019

- posted      Profile for Descolada Survivor   Email Descolada Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
HA Ender and the bean stalk good one,

how about.... "Healing Ender"?
I like the idea of that name because i suppose during that book Ender would still feel some remorse for the buggers and all and losing his brother, it could be the title if Ender is going to be talking about his tragic childhood alot.
-just a thought

[ January 12, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Descolada Survivor ]

Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Descolada Survivor
Member # 9019

- posted      Profile for Descolada Survivor   Email Descolada Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tms:
I considered What Ender Did Next to be reasonably amusing as a false submission.

I have sat for a while with Ender's Name because it could explore how he intends to redefine what he is known for. And it makes us ask questions.

My brain has fallen on Ender's Reach, Ender Reaches.

wouldnt that imply that ender was in hell? if so it sounds good again if hes feeling remorse in this book about his past
Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tms
Member # 9017

- posted      Profile for tms   Email tms         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Reaches has too much finality and weakness, it sucks what was I thinking. Ender's Reach however can take on multiple meanings. Surely the guilt over the formics will be present in this book, so he has reached a point, and as we know he reaches out at some point for a new path. Reach can also mean a stretch of coastline, among other things. And that's enough of that.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beanelricyr
Member # 8793

- posted      Profile for beanelricyr   Email beanelricyr         Edit/Delete Post 
my friends thought if these, they suck
sEnder
blEnder
Ender:the next F***ing book
Ender goes to this one place and meets this one person and stuff happens
i know what ender did last summer
Ender:never ask your friends to think of titles

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ittybittybean
Member # 9080

- posted      Profile for ittybittybean   Email ittybittybean         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if you've chosen a title, but I was thinking, perhaps use of "Ender" at this point is no longer appropriate.
How about "Andrew, the Stranger"?
"Ender, the stranger" wouldn't be bad except that the name Ender is too highly recognized.
Using Andrew would be appropriate given the timing of the book. [Smile]
Just a thought!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

I like your idea, personally. The publishers, however, are looking for a title with the word "Ender" in it. Apparently sells better. They like the recognition.
IB_wench
Member # 9081

- posted      Profile for IB_wench           Edit/Delete Post 
How 'bout simply
"The End"?
er....

Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Appletanks
Member # 7641

- posted      Profile for Appletanks   Email Appletanks         Edit/Delete Post 
I still think Ender's Fender Bender exclaims brilliance.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ender2785
Member # 9089

- posted      Profile for ender2785   Email ender2785         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think it would be interesting to write this book as a memory Ender can stop thinking about, or maybe even as Ender writing a book about this woman and child?
If you like this I think some good title good titles would be:
Ender's Recollection
Ender Revisited
Ender's Past
Ender - A Story Untold

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cover of Darkness
Member # 9145

- posted      Profile for Cover of Darkness   Email Cover of Darkness         Edit/Delete Post 
I am with you on Ender's Fender Bender, it's a title you could never forget. Unlike Robert Jordan's. I mean can anyone actually remember any of the names of those books?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
How bout simply the name of the planet he heads to. Idk about the rest of you bout all the titles w. Ender in them were makin my head hurt
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Measure
Member # 8473

- posted      Profile for Measure   Email Measure         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Move

if there were a word for a 'shadow of a shadow' or 'son of a shadow' those could apply (obviously can't tell how it'd sound)...

Ender's New Shadow obviously not...
Ender Venture ...no..
Vender ...lol

it's probably not appropriate I talk about why I'd like the name Ender's Move , but erase this if you must...
anyways I think Ender's Move would work by allowing for at least a double reference: Ender is still moving from planet to planet, and he will make a 'move' when he understands the truth behind Randi's son (I don't intend to usurp you OSC...I think that part is obvious, that's all)
That's the best I can think of for now....

Posts: 15 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Lender has the word/name Ender in it. So does... e-nerd. Seriously though, I hope this thread doesn't end up like Begging the Question. Not that that thread was/is annoying, but it would be for this one.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
You probably won't see this because it's all the way down but why not something like "The last Vouage of Ender" (pardon the spelling) if this is his last vouage before is is the first (official) Speaker of the Dead?
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky
Member # 9161

- posted      Profile for Pinky   Email Pinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Surrender (because he would like to, instead of killing, fighting...)
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aarand
Member # 8745

- posted      Profile for aarand   Email aarand         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone suggest Dead Ender as a way to tie in Speaker?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky
Member # 9161

- posted      Profile for Pinky   Email Pinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

No, really, has anyone even heard about the book lately? I sure hope it's past the title-brainstorming phase...

Or he just gave up. "Sorry, folks, I can't choose a title, there'll never be another Ender- book." [Cry]

"Ender's whateverdestructivenounyouchoose"

Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
There were quite a few funny bits to this thread that I'm sad that people aren't seeing because it's become so ginormous. So I went through and tried to pick them out. It wouldn't my me too sad if others chose to try to emulate some of the funnier, playful parts of this thread instead of suggesting titles for a book that most likely already has had a title chosen on a thread that few read anymore. Just saying is all.

I remembers more from OSC, but memory is a strange thing. Anyway, here's what I snipped (which is not to say that I found all of these funny, but other's tastes aren't necessarily mine).

He's not Ender, He's My Brother

Ender's Fame (Ender hires a publicist to try to get people to stop calling him "Ender the Xenocide" and is disappointed that they start calling him "Ender the Cold-blooded Killer of Children and Misunderstood Aliens")

Ender's Vame (in which Ender keeps using words that no one else has ever heard of and nobody understands, until at the end of the novel there is not a single recognizable avink mudge popesy buh groonvondle)

I'm Afraid I've Got Some Bad News, Ender: You're In Space

The Mask of Ender (he goes around slashing giant W's into people's clothing and upholstery)

I'm Ok, You're Ender

My Parents Sent Me to Battle School and All I Got Was This Lousy Xenocide

Ender's Five O'Clock Shadow

Knight Ender (Ender survives an assasination attempt that everyone thinks kills him. He comes back, with a new face and a souped up spaceship with an AI he calls "Jane" (or KAMA, whichever). They fight crime.)

A Comedy of Enders (Ender's parents tell him that he has a twin brother that they shot into space for some reason and he sets out in pursuit. Upon reaching one planet, he is suprised to find everyone there treats him like they know him. At the same, his twin brother, Bob, is being hassled by people who keep saying they gave him things or he promised to do something for him. Hilarity ensues, until the two brothers meet, reconcile, and open up a donut shop.)

Dr. Valentine and Mr. Peter (Before Ender's two halves got created when he jumped out of space-time, they showed up as the result of Ender's mad experiments in separating out the good genes from the bad ones. Audio version done by Julia Roberts affecting an awful Scottish brogue.)

"Ender: The Sequel Before the Sequel that isn't Quite Parallel"

I'm partial to A Book About Ender! Or, The Publishers Want Me to Reassure You That Ender's in This Book.

Ender is the Knight

Love Me Ender

Rear Ender (subtitle; accidental tourist?)

Game Ender (he beat the Hive Queen at the buzzer? Or, I guess that might go along with Rear Ender too... Does the Hive Queen have a buzzer? Hmmm...

Ender's High Score

Ender Shrugged

Just because I couldn't resist...
Ender's Same -- this could be great -- the story of Ender's Game told from the perspective of one of the other characters!!! How's that for a cool idea?
Next one could be Ender's Replay...
<insert sheepish apology here to OSC>

Neither an Ender nor a Borrower Be

Ender Rex
Ender at Colonus
Valentigone

The Planet-hopping Xenocidal Maniac

Wiggin Out!

All Good Things Come to an Ender
Terms of Enderment

You know, Endercrine Gland is really a good one given the teen years, etc. A follow-up could be the Enderogenous Zone, in which Ender discovers that everyone's gate is down.

This is the Series That Never End(er)s
(It just goes on and on my Friend(er)s

Two Wiggins, a Beanlet, and a Pizza Place (self-explanatory)

Much Ado About Ender (The Beanlet, who being a bastard is necessarily evil, tricks Ender into thinking that Valentine was conspiring to ally with the Hive Queen to destroy the human race. In reality, it was a man in a dress and wig wearing a name tag that said "Hi, my name is Valentine" and a hologram of a supermagnified ant. Valentine pretends to die when Ender accuses her and...yeah, that's all I got).

The Illustrated Ender (After a night out drinking with his old Battleschool chums, Ender wakes up with tattoos covering his entire body. Then he walks around and tells people the stories of what his tattoos are about, but gets arrested when he refuses to put his pants back on during a particularly involved story about a helium balloon, a sad clown, and the girl who loved them both.)

Foundation and Ender (The expanding Earth colonization comes across a star system full of people talking about their great Encyclopedia and trying get the colonists to worship atomic energy as a god. After starring at them quizzically for a little bit, then exlaiming "Oooh wow. You've got atomic energy!" Ender Doctor Devices them out of existence, bringing a different meaning to the name of the planet Terminus.)

Dr. Strangebean or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Molecular Disruptor Device

In which we get to meet Ender again and everything that was unclear is explained

Ender - Won't You?

Ender 90210 (Ender and Valentine travel from stodgy old earth to the hip, happening part of the galaxy and become part of an ensemble of teens who are overburdened with adventures and romantic entanglements. Note: The book would have to prominently feature at least one of the Card children, but only because he or she tried out for the role under an assumed name.)

A Farewell to Ender (Ender becomes an abulance driver. He falls in love with a nurse and vows to only speak in short, declarative sentences. Later, there's a bullfight. In the rain.)

Your Own....Personal....Ender (As part of his newly formed depressing rock group, Ender becomes someone to hear your prayers; someone who cares.)

Could you imagine what it would be like to play like Monopoly with post EG Ender.

Ender - A 5 and a 4. Okay, that takes me past Go so I collect $200 and Dear God I hope I'm not wiping an alien species!!!!!
Valentine - For Pete's sake Ender, I've told you over and over that this is just a game. Honest. No one's getting killed. You playing as a freaking top hat! Get over it.
E - Okay, okay. Sorry. I get carried away sometimes.
V - No problem. So you landed on Baltic Ave. Do you want to buy it?
E - Hehehehehehehehe. No! That's just what Graff would be expecting.
V - Graff's not here. It's just you and me. We're in the depths of space, playing a simple board game. Settle down already.
E - Sorry. Sorry.
V - Okay. A 2 and ... darn a 6. That puts me on your Boardwalk and it's got 4 houses on it. That clears me out. You win.
E - Ahhhhh! I've destroyed the galactic economy. Trillions of people will starve to death. Anarchy will reign. The streets will run with blood.
V - Sweet Jebus Ender. It's just a game. Trust me.
E - *deep breaths* Okay. Okay. I've got it under control now.
V - When are you going to go out and get laid already?
E - Not for 3000 years.
<beat>
E - Sometimes I think the computer is talking to me. Remember, the enemy's hotel is down!
V - Dear Lord.

Ender Few Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Raiders of the Lost Ender
12 Angry Enders [Confused]
Saving Ender
The Man Who Shot Ender
Who's Afraid of Ender Wiggin?
Being Ender
From Ender to Valentine
Ender Conquers the Martians

Ender= MC Squared

Ender Becomes an Angsty Little Bastard

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Paul Mosher
Member # 9174

- posted      Profile for Jon Paul Mosher   Email Jon Paul Mosher         Edit/Delete Post 
wow this a huge topic but heres an idea

Enders Heel

get it the son of Achilles as in Achilles heel his son could be his Achilles heel

I thought it was clever
Also not to argue with anything Orson Scott Card has said but I think it would be cool to Write Shadows in Flight first cause I'm a little selfish and want to see how the stories tie together.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

- posted      Profile for SiriusSky   Email SiriusSky         Edit/Delete Post 
OmG! Thank you all so much for such an amusing thread! So far "Crouching Bean, Hidden Ender" is my favorite.

I would really love it though if the book was from Valentine's perspective, that would really make an interesting read. And perhaps the best title I've heard so far for that would be something along the lines of:

Ender & Valentine

What expresses the opposite of shadow? What's something that represents what Val stands for in Ender's eyes, in the way Bean stood for his shadow...

Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What expresses the opposite of shadow? What's something that represents what Val stands for in Ender's eyes, in the way Bean stood for his shadow...
Ender's Light.

Ender's Angel.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT THIS THREAD STILL EXSISTS
i was so sure people would forget about this
this is now sad

SIGH

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leia Atreides
Member # 9227

- posted      Profile for Leia Atreides   Email Leia Atreides         Edit/Delete Post 
So, well, is it Ender in Exile? Or something else? I'm a bit confused, hadn't checked the Hatrack for a whiile....
Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

Tinros, thanks, 'Enders Light' does kinda have a ring to it.
Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

You know what Geekazoid99, get over it. It's not sad, it's amusing and at the same time gives food for thought.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
And in 3 more days this thread will have its 1 year anniversary!
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

No kidding!?!
Leia Atreides
Member # 9227

- posted      Profile for Leia Atreides   Email Leia Atreides         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Light... sounds like Ender had serious problems with electricity. Well, he hadn't Jane at that time, so I can definitely see the line it could take :]

What about Ender Nolight? (some totally new Ender. The history has lied to you all. It never will be Ender the Xenocide, nor is his name Andrew Wiggin. He's Ender Nolight. )

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leia Atreides
Member # 9227

Sirius: No kidding? What? You mean, really no kidding? I think I'm gonna commit suicide. World with no kidding... wtf.

No kidding.

SiriusSky
Member # 9216

I didn't mean it like that, obviously. The world would be very sad indeed, if not for kidding...

As for Ender's light, Ender with no electricity, lol, I meant Val, not Jane. But it still doesn't work quite right.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I haven't read the entire thread yet, but how does 'Ender's Equinox' sound?

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I must say MrSquicky, thank you very much for that comprehensive recap. [Smile]

My personal favorite, for obvious reasons, is:

"Dr. Strangebean or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Molecular Disruptor Device"

[Razz]

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisha_rose
Member # 9166

- posted      Profile for lisha_rose   Email lisha_rose         Edit/Delete Post 
i have been thinking about it and i came up with a few i sorta like dont know if anyone has said them yet but here

Shadow Keeper
Shadow of the Shadow
Shadow of the Angel of Death [Big Grin]

Posts: 50 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leia Atreides
Member # 9227

What about The Keeper of Shadow Cube? [Wink]

(it might be about a group of former Battleschoolers who are trapped in a Cube moving through space, Ender decides to take a mission and as a right Ace Rimmer-like hero plans to take them out but when he realizes they can perfectly sort out the situation because they were BS, he commits suicide... we might be told that all that followed was actually a post-mortal thing of dream dreamt by an insane Jane [Smile]

Oh, forget about it.

Kin
Member # 9246

- posted      Profile for Kin   Email Kin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Presences:
On a side note, Orson Scott Card is a very entertaining speaker. I was only able to listen to him for about 30 minutes, but found him very intelligent, kind, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and funny.

Oooh, that's awesome. I always thought he'd be like that, without reading interviews or going online.

About the name thing, I only skimmed through half the posts, but there are a memorable several. I'll list ones I'm thinking of off the top of my head and they might be ones that have already been posted.

Ender's Student
Ender's Kin
Ender's Kind
Ender's Bean
Ender's Bean's Shadow
Ender's Bean's Shadow's Kitty
Ender's Mirror
Ender's Past
Ender's Passed
Ender's Free
Ender's Flea
Ender's Adaptation
Ender's Adoption
Ender's Urchin

... I keep thinking about the child. Wonder if it's a boy or girl, hm. It's just so exciting; after reading so much about the Battle Schoolers' futures and their reaching adultood, it comes back to another child. Or the only one who remained a child after the others grew into their twenties.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blue zinthos
Member # 9245

- posted      Profile for blue zinthos   Email blue zinthos         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you get away with just having "Ender" in a subtitle? Something like the following -

Choice
The Further Adventures of Ender

Badminton
An Ender Wiggin Story

Martian
Ender Groks in Fullness

If you must follow the rules, how about these? -

Ender's Impression
Ender's Madness
(maybe the woman's very smart child can practice psychological warfare on Ender)
Ender's Strength
Ender's Power
Ender's Quest
Ender's Transition
Ender's Hold
Ender's Step
Ender's Will
Ender's Challenge
Ender's Work
Ender's Peace
Ender's Reason
Ender's Value
Ender's Paradigm
Ender's Shift
Ender's Paradigm Shift [Smile]
Ender's Need
Ender's Razor
(wouldn't it be cool if OSC coined a phrase like Ockham's Razor or Dyson Sphere that would forever be immortalized in the dictionary?)
Ender's Declaration
Ender's Resolve

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

quote:
Originally posted by blue zinthos:

Ender's Razor(wouldn't it be cool if OSC coined a phrase like Ockham's Razor or Dyson Sphere that would forever be immortalized in the dictionary?)

That would be awesome!
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Is he credited for coining the term "Xenocide"? It may not be in the dictionary or anything, but I've seen/heard it used in other places besides the Ender books.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julia
Member # 9244

- posted      Profile for Julia   Email Julia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I didn't realize "Xenocide" WASN'T in the dictionary. That's pretty cool
Posts: 33 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow of the Xenocide
Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leia Atreides
Member # 9227

That was a good one, Oobie. Really, it hanged around E all the time, and by the time he's wandering the universe as mentioned in the starting post, he would probably feel about it very intensively...

(sorry, this is a brainstorming thread, not for any "take it-leave it"- I just couldn't resist when I see something that I find not only amusing, but also very fitting)

Chronus
Member # 9207

- posted      Profile for Chronus   Email Chronus         Edit/Delete Post 
I still like the idea of Ender's Penance. By the time he would arrive at the planet many years will have gone by. So once he got there they probably would be calling him Ender the Xenocide. He probably would be guilt ridden because for him it would have only been what 2-3 weeks since he met the queen and sent out his copy of Hive Queen and the Hegemon.

<Need to go back and reread the end of Ender's Game, and check the light speed compared to the years again.>

Jut one main question though, would they still be on that planet when Ender got there? I think it was 1 week = 50 years. So depending on where the two planets are in relation to each other they might be on that planet together, though more likely they would meet on a third planet.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.