FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 25)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Blanket
Member # 9469

- posted      Profile for Blanket           Edit/Delete Post 
I was kind of hoping that there was going to be a novel that connected the Shadow and the Ender's series back like a big loop.

Starts with Ender and Bean and finishes with thier children.

Here they can tie up who the descoladores really are.

I really think that would be the best way to end the series.
Instead of just adding books in the middle.
Unless you want to make more money.
I'd still buy the book because of my curiosity.

-Blanket

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah. I'm sure OSC just writes books to make truckloads of money [Roll Eyes]

P.S. If course he does like to get paid, but he can't write a story if it doesn't interest him. I mean, I guess I could just ask you, did that bit about him just wanting more money not seem rude to you? Because it sounded rude to me, so I responded in kind. But maybe you don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
udanax
Member # 10240

- posted      Profile for udanax   Email udanax         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: Never Going To End
On a more serious note
Ender:Observer/Watcher of the Universe (ok a little corny and unoriginal and has nothing to do with Bean's kiddo)
Maybe, but I know so little about the plot except for what is mentioned in Speaker For the Dead and so forth, and I'm a little rusty on those. I haven't read them for a year and a half now.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exalted
Member # 10305

- posted      Profile for Exalted           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Redemption

How lonely he must be.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericmetzner
Member # 10307

- posted      Profile for ericmetzner   Email ericmetzner         Edit/Delete Post 
here's a possible title;
"Ender's Diaspora"

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

- posted      Profile for theflyingsloth   Email theflyingsloth         Edit/Delete Post 
How about "The Ender" and let Card retire and randomly appear in sci-fi mags with short stories that don't force him to produce whole books.

Unless he's achin' for some skrilla' - in which case i encourage a novel. I'd buy it, as would others, for obligation purposes.

or maybe "please Ender it now"

maybe "seriously folks, try writing 500 pages 12 times with an End that can sensibly lead into a Beginning"

How about "Ender's Beginning" about his parents, who apparently trekked through a can of shit and suffering just to make Ender's birth possible.

prequels are always clever.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

- posted      Profile for theflyingsloth   Email theflyingsloth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blanket:
I was kind of hoping that there was going to be a novel that connected the Shadow and the Ender's series back like a big loop.

Instead of just adding books in the middle.
Unless you want to make more money.
I'd still buy the book because of my curiosity.

-Blanket

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

quote:
Originally posted by Blanket:

travelling back in time; a little far fetched, no? [Wink] [Wink]

-Blanket

theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

I'm fairly certain the series should end with the end of the Human race.
theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

the 'tude of Ender's Game is not optimistic. Ender's Game by itself wasn't all that pleasant -not metaphorically relatable - emotionally (unless you're a sicko). The end should probably be somewhat depressing (perhaps the buggers became taken over by a "bad queen")* and involve the End of the humans. Maybe Ender will even help. Full circle and sh^t.

*Please don't say it's not possible; the "Queen" could fark up her chosen successor or many other scenarios that could change their actions. Keep in mind any change in the race will alter all their actions (full disclosure in case it means i typed something retarded: I haven't read the entire series yet - if any of my logic has gone awry, it will be clear to those who know better).

I have only extrapolated what i know about the buggers from "Game" and Speaker" - anything else doesn't count in my world at this point.

theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

Ender's Beginning

Ender's Purpose

Ender Begins

Ender Speaks

Ender Ends

The End

theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

I apologize; i was to lazy to ook at the original purpose for this thread. and i'm a huge smartass. i figure you can guess which part of that is generally more emphasized.
theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

and i'm too lazy to spell properly. and clearly i'm too bored to not correct my own grammaticall errors on the Nets.
theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

The End of Reason
theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

Reason's Ender

(its a winner)

theflyingsloth
Member # 10293

"Oops"
vegasvince
Member # 10335

- posted      Profile for vegasvince           Edit/Delete Post 
"Ender's Journey" or "Ender: Shadow visits"(opens this to possible sequels)
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sox
Member # 10371

- posted      Profile for sox   Email sox         Edit/Delete Post 
i joined just to drop off my suggestion for a book title.. card often guotes himself for book or chapter titles, and my favorite quote that could be used for a title comes from peter and enders discussion at the end of the shadow series.. i hope someone reads this, even though its prolly far too late..

"forever twelve"

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Borommakot
Member # 2160

- posted      Profile for Borommakot   Email Borommakot         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender and his mini shadow?
Ender and the son of Borommakot?

Your Friend,

Awaiting Cremation

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Ender but Were Afraid to Ask

N. Durskayme

I keep opening this thread in hopes of finding actual updates on the new novel. I think Einstein said something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.... [Wall Bash]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve_G
Member # 10101

- posted      Profile for Steve_G   Email Steve_G         Edit/Delete Post 
Still nothing new to report.

Bwaa Haa Haa.

sorry Vonk.

Posts: 197 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad]
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I haven't found it with a search of this thread.

"Ender's Enemy"

Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejacket
Member # 10454

- posted      Profile for bluejacket   Email bluejacket         Edit/Delete Post 
I have just finished both the Ender and Shadow series. I found the entire story to be fantastic and believe the Shadow series the better of the two.

I only recently discovered the work of OSC, and began reading the books in October 2006. The first thing I did after finishing Shadow of the Giant was look for a web site that might include any information on a possible new book for the series.

To be honest, I was hoping there would NOT be another book, because I fervently believe both series' end on wonderful, poetic notes. Yes, there are questions still remaining, but it is the questions that help make the story so intriguing. I can always ask myself, "What did Bean and his kids do on that ship in space for the next several months, and what went through his mind after he realized that Petra was now probably dead only after a couple weeks he was on board" and "How the hell did Peter woo Petra to the point of marriage?" and, although OSC suggested a cure would probably not be found, did Bean and his kids eventually live or pass because of Anton's Key?

There are questions that deal with the gap between enders game and speaker for the dead that I would love to know.

BUT, I believe the story lines are better with the intrigue of the unknown, the guesswork, and ultimately what "you the reader" want to believe happened.

BUT(again) now that I know there will be more books, and the projects are in motion, I am excited.

I look forward to contributing to OSC's forum "think tank" in the future.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Sunday
Member # 10466

- posted      Profile for Stephen Sunday   Email Stephen Sunday         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender vs Predator

Just kidding.

Ender Beyond Shadow

Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ender"
"Andrew Wiggin"
"Ender's brother"
I dont know if it's been suggested [Smile] Pure and simple.

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of John
Member # 9263

- posted      Profile for Son of John   Email Son of John         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ender in Exile" is by far the best title I've heard. I really hope Card uses it.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think the slight variation, "Ender's Exile" is better. I prefer the way it sounds, and it fits with "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow".
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julianD
Member # 10450

- posted      Profile for julianD   Email julianD         Edit/Delete Post 
I Thought about this before i heard osc was doing it and I thought Shadow of the beast would be the next title in the series but if it has to have ender in the title ENDER and the BEAST
Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowman
Member # 10426

- posted      Profile for Snowman           Edit/Delete Post 
Being a new avid OSC fan, I'm trying to find the best source for his new books. I'm sure this is a good place, but I've found that there are spoilers everywhere here! In an Ender thread, I found something on Alvin Maker, which I haven't started, but will soon. I've read all of the Ender/Shadow books in the short time since December of 2006. I've also read 20 different books by different authors in between each of these books.

What I wanted to know, is if I could trust OSC's Fantastic Fiction page? It has three books listed for release this year. One of them is an Ender book titled A War of Gifts(which I've looked through some of this thread and haven't found this title). It is a UK site, so the release dates may differ. I'm also wondering if someone could look over all the series listed, and tell me if they are in the correct order? I've tried some other web sites, but I'd rather trust somebody who has read them.

Help please! [Smile]

Edit: Ok, found out that A War of Gifts is the Christmas Ender book! My other questions stand though.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Permitheus
Member # 9957

- posted      Profile for Permitheus           Edit/Delete Post 
<-Lurker.

Ok, I gave up on page 8... after i read the same titles suggested by new people for the 5th or 6th time... its bound to happen, i just dont wanna read anymore repeats.

From what ive seen so far, I really liked "Ender Adrift." After all, isn't this supposed to be a period of time when Ender and Valentine are wandering aimlessly from planet to planet, never staying very long in any one place?

Just my 2 cents... ok, well maybe 2 1/2 cents.

Ima gonna go back to lurking now. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I personally like "Ender's Exile" a lot.

Oh, and I hear the guy who suggested it is rather dashing. [Wink]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesertComet
Member # 10445

- posted      Profile for DesertComet   Email DesertComet         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Ender's Exile too.
(If this has already been suggested I'm sorry) but what about:
Ender's Voice

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
yawn
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iain
Member # 9899

- posted      Profile for Iain   Email Iain         Edit/Delete Post 
A New Ender
Ender Strikes Back
Return of the Beans

Ender's Epitome

Ender and Walter the Wannabe Wallaby

Ender: Deep Space 42

3.141592653898 (I had a math teacher once make me memorize that much of Pi)

Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siannan
Member # 10481

- posted      Profile for Siannan   Email Siannan         Edit/Delete Post 
Titlewise: Ender's Journey or Ender's Sojourn, although Ender's Exile sounds good.

My opinion on the writing of this book: It sounds great, but I would rather see the tie-in between the two existing series, as this sounds like the beginning of a third.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
some dude
Member # 10503

- posted      Profile for some dude           Edit/Delete Post 
I was hopping that Achilles jr. would end up being involved in a next book as a foil for ender as Peter competing with or already having power in the starways congress, and keeping Peter from getting the position or support he needs to ally the rest of the humans with the hive queen and piggies to deal with the Descoladores. With Bean and his kids showing up too of course. Well i guess that is still possible even with this book.

anyways how about these titles(haven't read all posts so sorry if I am repeating some)

The Death of Ender(ender has to in the end become andrew as ender becomes synonymous with xenocide.)
The Infamous Ender Wiggen(I think I arleady saw ender the xenocide)

I also liked the title of Andrew Wiggen suggested by Szymon, although it doesn't really fit the rules.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nek
Member # 10545

- posted      Profile for Nek   Email Nek         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Key.

Keeps "Ender" in the title, and since Randi's kid has Anton's Key turned, it's pretty relevant.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Member # 10553

- posted      Profile for ralph   Email ralph         Edit/Delete Post 
What about "Ender got Back"
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leroy
Member # 9533

- posted      Profile for Leroy   Email Leroy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender and the Beanstalk, anyone?
Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonardo_albuquerque
Member # 10559

- posted      Profile for leonardo_albuquerque           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Land
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonardo_albuquerque
Member # 10559

- posted      Profile for leonardo_albuquerque           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi people!

First at all, i'm really happy. A new book of Ender, it's amazing... problally they will release in Brazil in 2045 [Wink] But allright, i will find a way to buy it.

I give a idea in the post bellow this, and i'm thinking in others.

Ender's Sorrow;
Ender's Chain;
Ender's Exile;

But my preffer is Ender's Land. [Smile]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Better yet: Super Ender Bros.
Da da da do da DAA. Do.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherintec
Member # 10566

- posted      Profile for cherintec           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been reading the Ender Series, but not completed them. I've been enjoying them.
There seems to be a couple of "loose ends". Bean goes into space with his brilliant, but defective children and is never heard from again. It would seem that the advances made at Lusitania would correct their defect. Additionally, one of his children is being raised by a disciple of Achilles. Although the book goes to the end of Peter Wiggen's life, we hear nothing of this child.

I wrote the above before I was aware of this forum. Now I find that dozens have asked similar questions. I also find that such a book was begun as far back as 2005.

I hope it will be completed, while I'm still alive to read it. I'm a Sr. Citizen Sci Fi fan.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neatchee
Member # 10570

- posted      Profile for Neatchee   Email Neatchee         Edit/Delete Post 
Given the nature of the novel (Ender meet's Bean's archenemy's successor, who is actually Bean's son), plus some additional content that may or may not be included (the introduction of Jane, perhaps? Who knows) along with the circumstances under which Ender is experiencing this whole novel (post Formic War depression, I imagine. Plus it's Bean's kid, whether he winds up knowing it or not) I think an appropriate title might be...

Ender's Burden

or

Ender's Conscience

or, for a more positive spin,

Ender's Redemption

We joke about this being Ender: Teen Angst, but the truth is, considering his recent (from Ender's time dilated perspective) past, and his relative age during the novel, a somewhat angsty (or at the very least emotional) Ender may be something we see in this book.

I also give a big thumbs up for the suggestion of Ender's Key

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Ender should be a whiny brat... just like Darth Vader [Smile] .
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cduke23
Member # 10571

- posted      Profile for cduke23   Email cduke23         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if the OCD tormented people from the Planet Path were brought about from a modified version of Volescu's virus from SotG?
Do you see what I'm saying? Some time after SotG and well after Peter's death, some corrupt scientists rediscover the virus, realize its implications if there really were a world of super geniuses, decide to modify the virus to include OCD in order to control the population. Wouldn't it be cool to see it all come around?

And my idea for the new Ender title is:
Ender's Reign (the time that Ender has a major influence in the lives of the citizens of The Hundred Worlds)

it may not be a pure rhyme, but it works

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ankit
Member # 10598

- posted      Profile for Ankit   Email Ankit         Edit/Delete Post 
This was most likely mentioned, but it would be sad if Bean and Petra never found out about the missing child. Obviously it's too late for Petra, but Bean at least, since it is one of the ones he would have taken with him. That said, if he doesn't run into the child, does the woman ever find out that it isn't Achilles son, and that of all the characters introduced so far, Achilles was the closest to evil? I can't imagine Ender or his "children" would know that. Sorry for trying to lead this story. It's not my work, but I would hate to have the book end with mother and child thinking it was the progeny of Achilles. On the title, I'd say Ender's Flight is good. It's not really going to be tacked on to the end...because it's not the end. It would be, as was mentioned, a direct sequel to Ender's Game. And I'm assuming it's not late enough to be something like Ender to Speaker.

On a completely separate note, could someone PM me about following threads? I can't figure out how to get notifications of changes.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yoshi8710
Member # 10626

- posted      Profile for yoshi8710   Email yoshi8710         Edit/Delete Post 
i don't remember which book its in, but i remember that in one of the speaker books, ender said that he first met jane on the first colony planet after he wrote the hive queen and the hegamon.
that means that in this book, its either past where he meats jane, or he meats jane in this book. i just thought id point that out if no one else noticed that. i think that having ender meat jane for the first time will be really interesting.

and about bean,
would bean be able to last three thousand years on his star ship, so that that when faster then light travel is invented, jane will stop his ship, and then they can use the descolada to switch of anton's key ( or at least the growing part of antons key) that way not only will bean be cured, but he will be able to meat new peter and valentine. am i the only one who thinks that that would be awesome? i also always wanted to see what happened with the aliens that made the desolada. bean could help figure out a way to communicate with them!

those are just my thoughts.

DMLPro
Member # 8653

- posted      Profile for DMLPro   Email DMLPro         Edit/Delete Post 
yoshi, read First Meetings and you'll learn of Ender and Jane's first "encounter."
Posts: 26 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.