FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 3)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Rivka, you're pointing out the spoileriness of it made me dwell on Pop's suggestion as a spoiler rather than something else. [No No] [Wink]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Legacy because this book would be when everyone first started hating him due to his books and that is his Legacy.

I liked Papa Moose's Ender's Fall but Personally I think the Fall of Ender sounds better.

Possibly Ender in Exile ?

Ender's Love -He could fall in love with the child. Not in a sexual way but possibly as a parental figure.

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Good lord. Once I started thinking of titles, I couldn't stop. The more I think, the worse they get.

Ender's Exit

Enderogyny (in which he disguises himself as a woman to escape notoriety).

Enderama

Enderiffic

Wenderful

Ender Enduring (Ender's Endurance?)

Ender's Choice

Ender's Burden

Ender's Mark (referencing the Mark of Cain)

I really wish Ender didn't have to be in the title.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
Serious
Ender Amongst the Stars
Ender's Rise
Ender's Calling or Ender's Call

Not quite so serious as the above serious
Ender's Life
Ender's Reality
The Decline and Fall of Ender Wiggins
Ender Wiggins: Bug Exterminator

Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

- posted      Profile for Andrew   Email Andrew         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw the link from VBS...though I'd post a few ideas.

Ender's Worlds

The Worlds of Ender

A Bridge for Ender (cheese, I know)

Ender's Time

Ender's Story

Ender's Stories

Ender: Shadows of his Past

Pastwatch: The Redemption of Andrew Wiggin (jokin')

Ender's Journey

Ender's Journies

Ender: Speaking to his Past

Ender: Speaker for his Past

Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
But, sm, . . . it WASN'T his suggestion that was the spoiler. It was an entirely different word choice that he made.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*refrains from looking at post in question*

*reFRAINS!*

*must read SotG soon* [Frown]

[ March 10, 2005, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Gift
Ender's Point
Ender's Cross
Ender: Shadowboxing
Ender in Shadow
Ender's Wounds
Ender's Scar
Life After Death: A Tale of Ender and Bean
or maybe: From Death, Life: A Tale of Ender and Bean
Ender's Mirror
Ender's Failure
Ender's Awakening
Ender's Rebirth
Ender: Birth and Rebirth
Ender's Key
Ender's Vision
Ender Revised
Ender Revisted

I'm Ok, You're Ender
The World According To Ender
Odds and Enders
Ender's Fender Bender
My Parents Sent Me to Battle School and All I Got Was This Lousy Xenocide
Ender and the Art of Starship Matainence
We Must Save Ender's Brain
Ender: Funky Disco Bandit
How Ender Got His Groove Back
Bean's My Baby's Daddy
Ender And Valentine On the Road to <Colony Name>
Ender's Five O'Clock Shadow

[ March 10, 2005, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Redemption - Ender will be facing the first vesitges of his changed reputation from hero to monster. The redemption will be his ability to redeem Bean's last child.

Ender's Heart - bad pun on Valentine, who will have to be with him, of course. Ignore this, I couldn't help myself.

Ender

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

You know, strangely enough, Dagonee, I like your last idea, if your single word title was truly a suggestion. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but for an important novel such as this one, the profound title "Ender" on the cover may be just what it needs.

Or maybe I'm just weird.

[ March 10, 2005, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Andrew ]

Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was a failed deletion, which now I can't edit because you noticed. [Grumble] [Smile]

But it might work. Ender has to decide to leave, and then he has to decide to become itinerant. If this novel accomplishes both, then the title might be good, because the next title choronologically is "Speaker for the Dead," his adopted title.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Yes, I'm evil that way. [Evil]

But yeah, I like that title a lot. When the title's start getting too long or too similar to already published works it starts to make them a bit cheesy sounding, in my opinion.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, OSC - if you're still reading...

Thanks, kinda, for the mention of my state in SoTG:

quote:
"If Peter Wiggin wins everything he's trying to win, then Armenia will be.... Kansas"
Not sure what kind of back-handed compliment/insult that was -- but sometimes all publicity is good publicity... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I personally like Ender's Guilt because somewhere in the book he has to be forgotten and the guilt of young-Ender has to be pushed away from older-Ender. That's just my two cents.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe no one as suggested Passion of the Ender yet!
Other funny ones:
The Ender Identity (followed by The Ender Supremacy)
Return of the Ender
Ender's Adventure with Mikal's Songbird on Treason

Here is my serious suggestions now:
Ender's Choice
Ender's Life
Ender's Dilemma (referring to his legacy changing from hero to monster)
Ender Unmasked

[ March 10, 2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Eisenoxyde ]

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Gender Bender(Ender views a historical TV show and models himself after a wrestler)
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Any reference to Kansas or Armenia is intended in the nicest possible way.

These are good suggestions, folks - eiher funny-good or useful-good. And it often takes a LOT of suggestions before people come up with the right one.

At the moment, my favorites are:

ender adrift
ender
ender in exile
ender awakening
fall of ender

but we're saving them ALL, since we don't have any rush to make a decision.

Meanwhile, of course we can't have ender do a speaking in this book, because he explicitly doesn't do one till InvC; sorry I forgot. But no sweat, we've got a good basic mix. It's a situation fraught with opportunity <grin>.

Meanwhile, I'm deeply fond of all the impossible titles, as well. Though the idea is to have a title that differentiates this book from all the others, not one that will confuse everybody (like "Ender's Giant Shadow," which would make it impossible for anyone ever to tell any of the books apart). <grin>

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
The Mask of Ender (he goes around slashing giant W's into people's clothing and upholstery)
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Another Ender

Yeah, I realize that one's not so great, but I'm just naming everything I can think of.

Edit: Nice one! Antonio Banderas Jr. can play the part...if such a clone exists.

[ March 10, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Andrew ]

scottneb
Member # 676

I still like Ender's Guilt, as Pops pointed out on page two, Mr. Card.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Tracing Ender
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Ender Goes to Washington!

You know there has to be one world named that. [Roll Eyes]

Andrew
Member # 7502

Wiggin

I know it breaks the rules in a sense, but once again, I'm just naming whatever comes to mind.

Ender Lost

Ender's Mind

Ender: A Child

Andrew
Member # 7502

Ender's Lives
scottneb
Member # 676

Ender's 9 Lives (Ender gets a job on planet Broadway as an actor in 'Cats.')

[ March 10, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Andrew
Member # 7502

Nice.

[Smile]

St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Meeting Ender

Ender Wiggin

Wiggin

Ender's Cocoon

Ender's Planet

Planet Ender

Ender's Future

Ender's Voyage

Ender's Knowledge

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if these have already been said.

Ender's Fire

Ender's Touch

Child of the Word

Ender's Voice

Ender's Echo

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
This book should end the same way Spike Lee decided to end Malcolm X, with 10 or 15 minutes of tear-jerkingly boring scenes of kids standing up all-over the hundred worlds saying "I am Ender Wiggin" with a low voice-over proclaiming how great Ender was and that his spirit still lives on (and in this case, he'll be right!)

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reykjavik
Member # 7494

- posted      Profile for Reykjavik   Email Reykjavik         Edit/Delete Post 
The Passion of the Ender

I suppose at some level it depends on the proposed interaction of Randi/Achille II and Ender and Val...

Naturally I assume confict, if for no other reason and a simple story of "Uncle Ender" coming to the rescure of poor abused, deluded Achille II would make for a lifetime tv special, but not an especially good book. [Big Grin] But that's just me...

Being that Ender has already saved humanity from the buggars, it's not like he has a whole lot to prove, however if he is still dealing with his guilt from the hive queen, wait, that's depressing... blah...

What is it about this kid that Ender is going to like/dislike... what motivated the characters...

Sooner or later the sins of the father comes to rest upon the head of the child...

Ender & the children of the legume
Ender & the one that got away
Ender's Adversary
Ender's Foe
Ender's Child
Ender & Briseis

While Briseis is a reference to Petra from SofH, it also could be used to describe Randi, who has found her captivity to Achilles (though self-imposed) to be sweet. She could be called the wedded wife of Achilles, in death, if not in life. But that is an insanity I assume OSC will tread upon in the yet to be written novel.

Well, I appear to just be rambling now... so... (clicks the post button)

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender the Planetside
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to voice my opinion about using Ender the Xenocide. It's a pretty big change, from the lauded boy hero of Ender's Game, to reading Speaker for the Dead and finding that boy now reviled by everyone. Even in SOTG, there's beginnings of calling Ender the Xenocide. Perhaps this link could also explore the development of Ender from the hero to the evil in the minds of the masses. It's this transformation, it seems, that sends Ender to being a Speaker.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to say I would really appreciate it if the following titles do not get seriously considered:

Million Dollar Ender
The United States of Ender
Of Mice and Ender

Okay? [Wink]

(Think I'm seriously overdue for a day off. And time for some enjoyable reading, come to think of it.)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're going to go the exile route, why not simplify it to Ender's Exile? That way you get the traditional "Ender's" in there.

That gets my vote.

And as cool as Shadows in Flight is, I was always kind of hoping for Children of the Shadow - it parallels both the titles of the Shadow series, plus parallels the final Speaker book - signifying a nice little connection between them both. It's as if you took "Children of the Mind" and "Ender's Shadow", and they met at a mixer, and, years down the road, had a kid. Voila, Children of the Shadow.

[ March 10, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reykjavik
Member # 7494

- posted      Profile for Reykjavik   Email Reykjavik         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Hot Soup, Volescu, Randi and Achille II all on the world of Path... <throwing out ideas>

Ender's Path

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Beginning of the Ender?

sm, I haven't managed to get my hot little hands on SotG either. Which is why I noticed the word -- it (combined with the first few chapters that I read here) made me go "OH!"

And this
quote:
[Edit -- apparently there's a spoiler for something here. Not sure what. So here's the warning, I guess. But if you haven't read all the Ender/Shadow books, you shouldn't be giving suggestions anyway. So there. Nyeh.]

just made me [ROFL] !

[ March 10, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

...or even Shadow of the Children.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
If Jane is going to be involved in anyway:

Ender's Assitant

Anything else:

Ender's Dynasty (if he ends up on Path)

Ender, Formic Diplomat (still hoping)

Ender's Curse (you know the whole everyone hates me thing)

Ender's Burden (he carries a lot on his shoulders)

Ender's Hope (he is hoping that getting off Earth will make people forget about the whole Xenocide thing)

Ender, Erased from History (crap)

( I really don't like the whole have to have Ender in the title thing, that really limits possibilites, and in a way its bad publicity; people will think you are just trying to grab their attention because it has Ender's name in it)

Graff's Puppet, Ender Wiggin (referring to his past)

( I ran out of ideas for now)

Edit:

PuppetMaster Ender (he kind of controls a lot of important stuff)

[ March 10, 2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Knight Ender (Ender survives an assasination attempt that everyone thinks kills him. He comes back, with a new face and a souped up spaceship with an AI he calls "Jane" (or KAMA, whichever). They fight crime.)

A Comedy of Enders (Ender's parents tell him that he has a twin brother that they shot into space for some reason and he sets out in pursuit. Upon reaching one planet, he is suprised to find everyone there treats him like they know him. At the same, his twin brother, Bob, is being hassled by people who keep saying they gave him things or he promised to do something for him. Hilarity ensues, until the two brothers meet, reconcile, and open up a donut shop.)

Dr. Valentine and Mr. Peter (Before Ender's two halves got created when he jumped out of space-time, they showed up as the result of Ender's mad experiments in separating out the good genes from the bad ones. Audio version done by Julia Roberts affecting an awful Scottish brogue.)

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

The Ender?

Fellowship of the Ender?

The Two Enders?

Return of the Ender?

Ender: A New Game

Ender: The Empire Strikes Back

Ender: Return of the Formics

Ender of the Lost Arc

Ender and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and Enders Crusade

(though Enders Crusade does seem kind of cool)

Ender Reloaded

Ender Revolutions

The Ender Identity

The Ender Supremecy

Back to the Ender

The Wrath of Ender

The Search for Ender

Ender: The Voyage Home

Ender: The Final Frontier

Ender: New Generations

Enders First Contact

Ender: Insurrection

Ender's Nemesis

Ender: The Lost World

I can keep this up all day.

Ender: Judgement Day

Ender: Rise of the Machines

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Cruising

Ender's Move

Ender A Go-Go

Ender, Seed of Doubt

Ender, Combat Evolved

Ender Evolved

The Endernator

The Lion, the Ender, and the Warship

Enderscopy, Tiny Holes

Ender Wiggin, Interplanetary Man of Mystery

Um... yep. Been home blowing up the covenant for a while and the brains working again. Doesn't mean I'm funny or clever but at least something's coming to mind.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ender: A space oddyssy.
Ender and the chamber of secrets.
Ender and the prisoner of Azkaban!
Ender and the Goblet of Fire.
Ender and the Order of the Pheonix
Ender and the Half Blood Prince.

How about Ender's Price?

Myeh, back to the parodies...

Ender: Cruise Control

Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Xenocidal Speaking Game

or

Ender Wonderland

Ye need no other title.

[ March 10, 2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Quimby2999 ]

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: Buy the Book Already
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't Ender do a speaking for the Dead...what if the colony is Moctezuma (or whatever) and Bean's child grows up to be San Angelo. SftD refered to this...(I think I may have characters and places somewhat confused). In which case, I like Speaker Ender.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Enderverse!

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
The Relative Journey of Ender Wiggin
(a little pun on how Ender stays so young and who he meets on his way)

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raylborn
Member # 7344

- posted      Profile for Raylborn   Email Raylborn         Edit/Delete Post 
If Jane is involved,

Ender's Ally

Ender's Companion

Other titles:
Ender's Matriarch - The lady could possibly become like a second mother, and life goes like that and problems etc etc

Ender's Excursion

Ender's Origin - telling of his past before Battle School.

Well, those are my ideas I don't know if they're good or not, but whatever [Razz] [ROFL]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Series Ender [Wink]

[ March 10, 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Dread Pendragon ]

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
See now all kinds of VBSers are leaking out of the cracks. We need concrete to keep my kind from getting in! [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.