FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 16)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Scourge
Member # 7843

- posted      Profile for Scourge   Email Scourge         Edit/Delete Post 
How about;

Children of the Giant

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Except it has to have "Ender" in the title.
Like:
The Arrival of Ender
Unearthing Ender
Echoes of Ender

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I wield the H@MM35
Member # 6449

- posted      Profile for I wield the H@MM35   Email I wield the H@MM35         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to read through the hole thing so that I didn't repeat anyone, but it's sixteen pages, and even I don't have THAT much time on my hands.
I was thinking,
Never End
Never Ender
Never Ends
etc...

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid
Member # 7610

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid   Email Geekazoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card
How about this
you write the book
then you come back and see which of our suggestions is most relevant:)
please do this because all these suggestions are confubling me [Confused]

thank you

Posts: 42 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy cow, there are still people suggesting book titles? By pages two and three titles were already being repeated. With this many suggestions, even if OSC thinks up a title on his own it will surely be listed here and he'll have to credit them.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
With this many suggestions, even if OSC thinks up a title on his own it will surely be listed here and he'll have to credit them.
Muahahaha [Evil Laugh] Wouldn't that be a fanatic's dream?
Highly doubtful he's read more than a few pages of this thread, though. He'll probably follow Geekazoid's suggestion if he hasn't already come up with a conclusive title by the time he's done writing, but that's likely the only situation where he'll bother sifting through all of this mess.

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ether_ore
Member # 7844

- posted      Profile for ether_ore   Email ether_ore         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a newbie (hi folks), but I got caught up in this opportunity to put my two cents worth into this naming thing... so... How about:

Ender's Answer

I am not assuming a question or who may have asked it, nor am I assuming that Ender gave the answer or found it.

I have a few questions anyway.

Will anyone from Ender's Jeesh contact him by ansible for whatever reason?

Is there a connection between Bean's babies and the God Spoken of Path? Achille's sojourn in China could suggest it, and while in Brazil, he may have had the connections to arrange for that colony.

Well... so much for my presumption <grin>

I have yet to listen to Shadow of the Giant (I say listen, because I have not the books, but the unabridged audio series) but I very much look forward to it.

To OSC... thank you very much for the wonderful work you do. I enjoy the insights... the little treasures hidden in the text that provide such wonderful food for thought. I soon go again to the buffet line.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Syrjay
Member # 7706

- posted      Profile for Syrjay   Email Syrjay         Edit/Delete Post 
Through With Ender
Ender's Journey
Ender Careening
Ender Lost
Ender's Seeds
Ender's Strain
Ender's Race
Ender's Release

Sorry for any duplicates

Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGiantSpartan
Member # 7842

- posted      Profile for TheGiantSpartan   Email TheGiantSpartan         Edit/Delete Post 
what about

"Ender's Endless Expedition"

or just

"Ender's Expediton"

i loved your other books, and an looking forward to more

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGreatMrChibi
Member # 7862

- posted      Profile for TheGreatMrChibi   Email TheGreatMrChibi         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my two bits... if repeated, then eh! Great minds think alike.

Ender's Game: Beyond Battleschool!

Ender's Advances (or just Ender Advances... heck, sign a deal with Nintendo on Ender Advance, or Ender DS.)

Why not advertise with the title?
"The exciting new novel from Orson Scott Card, bridging the gap between Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead!" You'll be the nightmare of cataloging librarians the world over.

Go the Beatles route, and just release a book with a white cover!

The Forest Moon of Ender!
The Witch of Ender! (Same pun, different source!)

Journey to the Stars. No Ender, to be sure, but has the same lilt as many of your other titles.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bretagne
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Bretagne   Email Bretagne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why not advertise with the title?
"The exciting new novel from Orson Scott Card, bridging the gap between Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead!" You'll be the nightmare of cataloging librarians the world over.

[ROFL]

quote:
Go the Beatles route, and just release a book with a white cover!
[ROFL]

quote:
[ROFL]

Oh, man, I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Thanks, man!

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lmao, that was the best Ender pun I've heard today.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LockeShadow
Member # 7878

- posted      Profile for LockeShadow   Email LockeShadow         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious as to some information....Is the child one of Bean's kids with atons key or no...Will he have the super intelligence or just above intelligence...or more is he Ender's equal or superior. I have seen Ender's Mirror several times and like it but I like it to mean Ender as he felt seeing Peter in the mirror at the fantasy game. A genuis with evil in his heart and wanting to conquer the world as his father did but was stopped by Peter and Bean...also will he hate Ender or not? Ender was gone from Battleschool before Achilles got there and was gone for Earth before the battle between Peter, Bean and Achilles played out. I'd also like to see Alai come back because Ender was so close to him. Maybe, though it should one of the Jeesh who worked with Achilles when kidnapped by him. Maybe someone who now likes the child of Achilles but will be moved to see Ender again...another moral decision to be the enemy of a friend. The only other thing I have thought of could be Ender:The Crossroads
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LockeShadow
Member # 7878

- posted      Profile for LockeShadow   Email LockeShadow         Edit/Delete Post 
I also wonder about if Ender has to be in the title Mr. Card because from Speaker on he wasn't but is in every book. I know alot of people who just by seeing your name think Ender....just a thought
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
my favorite is still just 'Ender'
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninebillion
Member # 7879

- posted      Profile for ninebillion   Email ninebillion         Edit/Delete Post 
At the end of Ender's Game, Ender and Valentine travel to a bugger world to set up the first colony. That world is called "Ender's World" in the book... (Paperback edition page 315... Quote: "Soon there would be other colonies on this world, Ender's World; soon there would be neighbors; already they were halfway here; but no one cared.")

So maybe the book should be called "Ender's World."

stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it should be called "Some things are better left alone" or "how to beat a dead horse to death" or "squeezing out another buck".

Just sayin'.

Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Soup
Member # 7840

- posted      Profile for Hot Soup           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno "Ender" sounds too..epic? Like its the ultimate, final ender book or something.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Hot soup, I agree. It's a good idea, but we're just not ready for the intensity of that yet... lol
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

quote:
So maybe the book should be called "Ender's World."
Ender's World reminds me of Boy Meets World. That is not a good thing.
Hot Soup
Member # 7840

- posted      Profile for Hot Soup           Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't OSC settled on Ender in Exile? That's the one he seems to be using now.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGreatMrChibi
Member # 7862

- posted      Profile for TheGreatMrChibi   Email TheGreatMrChibi         Edit/Delete Post 
No, from what I heard, that was just a working title.

... Y'know, Ender in Exile sounds like he was forced away. But Ender's star-roamings are a self-imposed thing, aren't they?

Howabout: "Ender in Exodus"

He's a-takin' the Hive Queen to the Promised Land!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpEeDMaSTeR
Member # 7568

- posted      Profile for SpEeDMaSTeR   Email SpEeDMaSTeR         Edit/Delete Post 
In my opinion, he was forced away. Not only did the Locke Proposal bar (was it law or suggestion?) him from returning to Earth, but if he did choose to return he would have undoubtedly been hunted by Achilles and killed or used. He honestly was forced into exile.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Descartes
Member # 1257

- posted      Profile for Descartes   Email Descartes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...now that I've finished the book (sorry, I read in my spare time and TV doesn't allow much of that...) I still stand by my belief that there won't be as much (if any) world-dominating military strategery in the next book...how about "Ender's Burden" - since the whole baby's daddy thing will come into play and the boy wonder will probably be the one explaining the truth, yes?
Posts: 49 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In my opinion, he was forced away. Not only did the Locke Proposal bar (was it law or suggestion?) him from returning to Earth, but if he did choose to return he would have undoubtedly been hunted by Achilles and killed or used. He honestly was forced into exile.
I don't think the question is over whether he was forced to leave Earth, that's obvious. It's that instead of staying on that first colony planet and settling down he decided to move around from planet to planet where no one would know who he was. He never really had a home until Lusitania.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DamianDB
Member # 7693

- posted      Profile for DamianDB   Email DamianDB         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Giant
Giant of Ender
Chronicles of Ender (since it is about his space travels)
Ender's Legacy (again we will probably see his history change from that of a hero to mass murderer in this book)

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it really going to be Ender in Exile as mentioned here ? Or am I just guillable?
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiggin105
Member # 7897

- posted      Profile for wiggin105   Email wiggin105         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. I got a few ideas. Bean's kid is going to look a lot like him and is going to have his condition. Over the 120 or so years that it took Randi and her stolen child to reach the planet (Dink is the leader), Bean has become something of a hero. Young "Achilles" knows that he looks too much like Bean to be Achilles' child (he doesn't know of his defect) but still does as his mother asks and tries to take over the colony when Ender shows up.

The plot thickens when some on the colony come to believe that Young Achilles is Bean's reincarnation and was sent by god, allowing this poor sick (mentally) boy to gain power. It doesn't help that Randi has seen the Hive Queen that Ender carries and tries to steal it for political gain (not only his he Bean, back from the grave, but he brought the wonderful Formics back with him). It is up to Dink and Ender to set the record strait and stop this rebellion before things get too out of hand. Above all, Ender and Val must keep the Hive Queen safe and make Randi out for the semi-liar she is. But can Ender change the heart of young Achilles?

As for the title: Ender's Reunion

Whata think? [Dont Know]

DamianDB
Member # 7693

- posted      Profile for DamianDB   Email DamianDB         Edit/Delete Post 
it's been a while since I read speakers but I don't believe val knew anything about the hive queen ender carried around... otherwise it sounds alright.. but I'd rather see what Mr. Card has swimming around in his head [Smile]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it's not "ender in exile" because in my personal opinion I still think that "Ender's Nemesis" would be the best choice. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON THAT!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm a dork. I know! [Grumble]
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
“Ender in Exile” is a working title.
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moonshine
Member # 7893

- posted      Profile for Moonshine   Email Moonshine         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Ender's Giant...that is IF the main storyline will, in fact, be Randi, Achilles II, and Ender. It fits without sounding too corny. That's the problem with having the novel placed right between Ender'g Game and Speaker...it might come off as- cheap?
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feiwaltan
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Feiwaltan   Email Feiwaltan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I am new and i haven't finished the last three shadow books yet, but and working on finishing them soon. a title that would be nice would be is,
Ender's Hope or Ender Returns. [ROFL]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I gotta go with

Ender's Run

Ender's Ruin

Ender's Checkmate

Ender's Ape

Ender's Quiche (an intense drama where Ender keeps getting slapped by the waitress for asking for a quickie)
[Big Grin]
Night of Ender or Knight of Ender? (I don't know sounds like the title of some horrible serial killer movie.)

I'm particulary partial to Ender's Run, because of the reference to that most wonderful of cheesy movies: Logan's Run, which my dad made me watch, and also Ender's Ape, because Ender could encounter some primate (Ape or otherwise) who becomes his constant companion, just like in Robinson Crusoe on Mars. or Jay and Silent Bob Stike Back

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timelord
Member # 7922

- posted      Profile for Timelord   Email Timelord         Edit/Delete Post 
Since Achelle (actually Beans) Child will probably break Ender's Heart try:

"Ender's Arrow"

Von
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Von   Email Von         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Ending: The Endless End
Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frangy.
Member # 6794

- posted      Profile for Frangy.   Email Frangy.         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 111 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Von
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Von   Email Von         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow of the End
Shadow of the Mind
Shadow of the Dead
Shadowcide

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wsean
Member # 7920

- posted      Profile for wsean   Email wsean         Edit/Delete Post 
Because everyone loves puns:

Tying Up Loose Ender (that is the point of this one, right? [Razz] )
Ender Justifies His Means

I like those two, but there're plenty more where those came from:

Making Ender Meet
Wit's Ender
To the Bitter Ender
Off the Deep Ender
Ender the Line
Light at the Ender the Tunnel
The Short Ender the Stick
Ender Over Ender
At the Ender My Tether
All's Well if Ender's Well

All right, so "er" and "of" aren't quite the same, but let's not nitpick genius.

AC
Member # 7909

- posted      Profile for AC           Edit/Delete Post 
The Shadow of Ender's Giant Xenocidal Hegemon Puppets of the Mind
Posts: 151 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
AC says:

The Shadow of Ender's Giant Xenocidal Hegemon Puppets of the Mind

AC wins at the Internet.
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
"A Tail of Two Buggers"
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard thinking of a title without more information about the book (Please, Orson?? [Razz] ), I'll just spit out ideas.

Ender's Giant

Ender and the Giant/
Ender and the Last of the Giants

Ender's Legacy

Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delusional1
Member # 7896

- posted      Profile for delusional1   Email delusional1         Edit/Delete Post 
mine probably sound a bit hokey, but here goes . . .

Ender's Endeavor
Ender's Excursion
Ender's Voyage
Ender's Impact
Ender's Effect
Searching for Ender or Ender in Search (he's trying to find himself essentially and come to terms with his own nature and demons, finding himself lost in the aftermath of committing "xenocide")

oh well, i tried. maybe one of them sounds decent.

[ May 01, 2005, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: delusional1 ]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGreatMrChibi
Member # 7862

Orson, Ender's Game is considered by many 'Young Adult' fiction. Why not tackle the children's book market?

"Header, Footer, Fronter, Ender!" A Seussian romp through Battle School!

"Are You My Hive-Queen?" A lone Bugger is seperated from his philotic connection, and ventures through the universe in search of it's mother.

"Curious Rooter" A piggy on the colony of Lusitania gets in trouble when his curiousity about the human world gets the better of him!

"The Speaker"
Ahem. A bit of prose: "My name is the Speaker! I speak for trees, who have no voices, unless you bang them right!"

And, of course, "Thomas, the M.D. Device." G'night everbody!

Lady Future
Member # 7942

- posted      Profile for Lady Future   Email Lady Future         Edit/Delete Post 
Went looking for synonyms for "junction" . . . how about "Ender's circuit box"?

There was some talk about "Ender in Exile" being OSC's working title, and then ranting of it sounding forced (even though it doesn't, to me). My best alternative was "Ender's Transition", so what I wonder is how many people have already suggested it. [Roll Eyes]

[ May 01, 2005, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Lady Future ]

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does Ender in Exile sound forced? I actually like it.

[ May 01, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Just another Dharma bum ]

Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanee
Member # 7943

- posted      Profile for Shanee   Email Shanee         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender in Space
Ender's World
Jeez this is hard, how did you come up with your other titles??
Though I do like Ender Squarepants a lot...

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThumperXC
Member # 7455

- posted      Profile for ThumperXC   Email ThumperXC         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this is a repeat but maybe:

Ender's Hope
Ender's Redemption
Shadow of the Formics

But of course Ender: Spaceman is the best [ROFL]

[ May 02, 2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: ThumperXC ]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ele
Member # 708

- posted      Profile for Ele   Email Ele         Edit/Delete Post 
How about "The Neverender Story"?

Or who is brave enough for the euphonious "Ender's Bender"?

[Wink]

Posts: 745 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.