FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone has to have seen this one coming (especially since the original male version of this thread, if there was one, no longer exists apparently).

Fellas, represent.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
You first, big boy.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*snorts*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
We had this thread back when the bachelorette thread was started. Actually, the bachelor thread came first.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AYC
Member # 8859

- posted      Profile for AYC   Email AYC         Edit/Delete Post 
what is the format?
Posts: 17 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I stole this "survey" from the bachelorette because I'm not creative enough to come up with a dude-specific one.

Here we go:

Age when first kissed: 15?

Appearance
Photo: I only have the ones from myspace
Hair: Pretty dark brown, real short, and still finds ways to misbehave
Eyes: Greyish bluey
Smile: Wide, crooked, and frequent
Build: 5'10", 180lbs I have a rugby build.
Ancestry: Russian, Swiss-German, Irish
Look-alikes: Who knows

Reason I am cool: Most of what I think I say, and it's usually hilarious.

Dating Status: Single
Stalker level: I'm too abrasive to pick one up, and I've never really tried it myself
Plans: Get out of the Air Force, go to college, and make a LOT of money really quickly

Things you should know: I like old movies and comic books. And working out. So making fun of me liking old movies and comic books is a bad idea.

Things I like in women: Free-thinking, nice smells, can read and do, and have the ability to jog.

If a new one of these comes out intended for the menfolk, I'll fill that out too, I'm just tryin' to get the ball rolling, here.

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
*clicks picture link. Sidles over to airmanfour* Soooo....how YOU doin'? [Wink]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Age when first kissed: Forgot, I have.

--Appearance--
Photo: Only a few years ago
Hair: Grey
Eyes: Hazel
Smile: Toothy
Build: 2'10", 45lb
Ancestry: Unknown
Look-alikes: Grover.

Reason I am cool: Lightsabre I have, and know how to use it I do.

Stalker Level: Had them, I have. Eliminated, they were.

Things in women I like:
- Tall
- Green
- Light Side

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AYC
Member # 8859

Age when first kissed: not yet
Appearance
Photo: Christmas Dinner at School
http://i05-5.facebook.com/pics/3/2/n11902324_9875.jpg

me and my friends in Montreal
http://photos-430.facebook.com/n8/7832/95/11902324/n11902324_30067430_9273.jpg

Summer Training
http://photos-904.facebook.com/n6/904/n11902324_30041904_3427.jpg
Hair: black, Short, kinda a requirement
Eyes: brown/ black (i'm kinda asian)
Smile: gotta judge for yourself i guess.
Build: 5'9", 170lbs. Relatively average build.
Ancestry: Chinese
Look-alikes: dunno

Reason I am cool: Can't help you on this one, because i think i am kidna a nerd at times.

Stalker level: never stalked, never been stalked
Plans: graduate and get my commission into the Army Officer Corp, see how much I like it, then depending on that, either do the noble thing and stay in the army, or leave and get a high-paying civilian job.

Things you should know: I love to read obviously. But recenetly I've been more into history than fiction and sci-fi. I used to be very into playing music (saxophone, drums, JAZZ), but haven't been able to do so as much at college. Relatively consistant excercise/sports/games are fun and productive.

Things I like in women: Intellegence, strong sense of integrity. I won't say looks don't matter, but I will say that looks without intellegence and morality is utterly useless.

[ January 16, 2006, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: AYC ]

Posts: 17 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AYC
Member # 8859

Swampjedi
Member # 7374

Most eligible batchelor I am, and for a long time I have been.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Outside one of my local theatres there's a homeless man with a hood and a sign that reads: Homeless (or Out-of-Work, I forget) Jedi. Please Help.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Teshi, I would give him money for originality.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

Poor guy.

Yeah, that would earn some cash or a hot meal from me.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll fill it out, since I'm single (although eligible is debatable).

Age when first kissed: Not yet

Appearance
Photo: Picture from early December when I started growing out my goatee
Hair: Sort of a sandy blond color. Usually fairly short, unless I get lazy and don't go to the barber shop for 6+ weeks.
Eyes: Blue (and I've always been told by females that it's a very awesome blue)
Smile: Make me laugh and then you'll know [Razz]
Build: 5'9", 145lbs. I'm skinny but not a twig.
Ancestry: A little bit of everything to be honest, but it's dominated by British, Irish, and German.
Look-alikes: I was once told I look like some guy but I forget who now as it has been several years.

Reason I am cool: I'm usually pretty good about listening, and I can be witty from time to time.

Stalker level: I'm no stalker and to my knowledge I have never been stalked.
Plans: Finish up my bachelor's in Spring '07, then probably start work on my master's.

Things you should know: I'm a huge nerd. Just totally. Comic books, toys, TV shows, etc. Not that this is all I know and can talk about, I just thought I should give fair warning.

Things I like in women: Sense of humor, intelligence, and a cute smile.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
airmanfour, I like old movies tooooo! That's awesome.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Age when first kissed: 21

Appearance
Photo: Not too old of a pic
Hair: brown. I kinda have to keep it within standards.
Eyes: Blue (I think they are still blue. It's almost as if they changed color on me)
Smile: I do more often than I used to.
Build: 5'11" and 140 lbs soaking wet.
Ancestry: Polish, German, Russian, Iroquois, Chech, and some others.
Look-alikes: If I've been told I look like someone famous then I have forgotten it by now.

Reason I am cool: Because I am Stan...the man. No, really, I'm easy to get along with in person. I like to have fun and do outdoors stuff.

Dating Status: Single...again
Stalker level: I have no stalkers, and have a backlog of stalker orders to fill. [Razz]
Plans: Eventually it is to start work on a human resource management degree. Other than that, I have everything else in order....I think.

Things you should know: What? That I can be sarcastic enough at times that people think I am an A^*^*&%. However, those people that have known me awhile tend to not even think about it.

Things I like in women: How about you tell me. I haven't figured out myself yet.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

quote:
Originally posted by Swampjedi:
Age when first kissed: Forgot, I have.

Mmm, an older man with plenty of experience...
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
He's lying about his age. Don't you remember the quote?

When 900 years you are, look so good you will not.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

When howmanyever years you reach, your memory not so good it will be!

Experience leads to... more experience, which leads to... well.. good, experience is.

<resists Dark Side jokes>

erosomniac
Member # 6834

Age when first kissed: 12

Appearance

Photo: The Frappr Picture - Halloween Costumes x 3 - Yes, that's my SN on the hat.
Hair: Black, short. My hair is not going to win any contests for originality.
Eyes: They might as well be black.
Smile: I've been told I have a very triangular smile, ala GOGO from Tiny Toon Adventures, or Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. Oh, and I definitely smile like I mean it.
Build: 6', between 150 and 160 lbs depending on what time of day it is.
Ancestry: Japanese
Look-alikes: I have one of the twelve standard asian boy faces. My own mother had trouble picking me out of a crowd growing up.

Reason I am cool: I'll get back to you on that.

Dating Status: Unavailable
Stalker level: You can google my screen name and get my real name. You can google my real name and get my address, phone number and photos of my apartment. Oops.
Plans: Continue avoiding higher education.

Things you should know: I'm a Libertarian, bordering on Anarchist. Yes, that's right - EVERYONE hates me.

Things I like in women: The ability to carry on a conversation - preferably one comprised of nothing but tangents. Affection in moderation. Cute spontaneous acts.

[Edit: Ok, fine, GOGO, not Dodo, my bad, sheesh!]

[ January 16, 2006, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: erosomniac ]

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Age when first kissed: don't remember

Appearance

Hair: Black, short. Very Messy, i rarely brush it.
Eyes: Light blue.
Smile: I don't know how to, I generally keep my expression blank most of the time, though if I laugh you can see me smile.
Build: 5'11" 180-200 I'm on a diet.
Ancestry: Dutch Irish, Scottish, English, French, Native American.
Look-alikes: When I was younger I looked like Harry Potter.

Reason I am cool: Depends on your definition of "cool", I'm definatly fun. Though I don't like the idea of going to a bar, I've never drunk anything in my life.:/

Dating Status: available
Stalker level: Generally it would be pretty easy but since I live in Rigaud which is in the middle of nowhere I doubt many would go to the effort to do so.
Plans: World Domination. Game design, visiting oriental countries.

Things you should know: I'm a Marxist, I love playing computer games and watching movies.

Things I like in women: Preferably Asian, short, cute, not to thin or to chubby I prefer average, though if your extremely hot go right ahead [Big Grin] . and loves video games (I know I'm asking alot here...). Oh and yeah, smarter then me.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Age when first kissed: Kissed by a girl at all? 5. Kindergarden was good to me. Kissed by a girl for REAL, 14.

Appearance

Photo: One of thousands of pictures of me
Hair: Brown and short.
Eyes: light brown, hazel, honey, whatever you want to call it.
Smile: Frequently.
Build: 5'8, 150lbs. Average, not overweight, not underweight...Goldilocks would approve.
Ancestry: French-Canadian
Look-alikes: Peter the Great of Russia.

Reason I am cool: Geekiness is in! I'm a great conversationalist, but I'm not a fan of drinking and bars, which tends to get in the way of the cool factor. I think it evens out.

Stalker level: Zero? Not a fan of stalking, if she isn't interested, she isn't interested, I either try to be friends or I move on.
Plans: I'm in school right now for my BA in History, which I will use to get a teaching job and live a life just above poverty in service to the children. ::shudders:: I just love history [Smile] Beyond work though, eventually I want to get married and have a bunch of kids, well, maybe not a BUNCH per se, but a few.

Things you should know: History is the passion I plan to get paid for, but my other passion is writing. Like so many on Hatrack, I hope to one day get published, or to have a screenplay get produced, or to have the musical I'm writing actually make it to Broadway. I play the saxophone, but also have a violin, guitar, and bagpipe chanter that I have yet to master. I'm fascinated by instruments, and languages, and I always want to learn more. I'm a romantic, and I love to spoil whoever I'm dating. And, I talk(whisper really) during movies. It's MST3K style comedy (and according to friends, it's fairly funny), but there you have it.

Things I like in women: Physically? I'll admit to liking women with long curly hair, it's probably my only automatic weakness, but there are no requirements. Other than that, I like intelligence, and a good sense of humor, and someone who laughs at my jokes [Smile]

[ January 14, 2006, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

I'm going to unpause the African Queen with Bogart and Hepburn right now. Now that's a movie.

erosomaniac- Libertarians Unite!

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I'm not sure why, Lyrhawn, but in my mind you were at least 5 years older than me.

Go figure.

quote:
erosomaniac- Libertarians Unite!
Thank God for the guns and the drugs [Big Grin] .
airmanfour
Member # 6111

Amen
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not sure why, Lyrhawn, but in my mind you were at least 5 years older than me.

I get that a lot, on here and in real life. I've yet to decide whether or not it's a good thing.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Lyr, we're the same age and I never knew it until today. When's your bday?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
AGE WHEN FIRST KISSED: 14

PHOTOS: Please excuse the funny angle, I have no excuse for this one
HAIR: Dark brown, short; more often than not, hats.
EYES: Dark brown.
SMILE: makes me squinty. "Open your eyes!" "I AM"
BUILD: 5'11" 145-150lbs. Depends if I've been remembering to eat.
ANCESTRY: In order from most-least, as best I know; Japanese, Irish, German, English, Norwegian
LOOK ALIKES: poor bastards.

REASON I AM COOL: it must be the cigarettes. Even 2nd hand smoke is 2nd hand cool!

DATING STATUS: single.
Stalker Level: ninja.
PLANS: grad from college, get our of debt, have some fun.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW: very wide sense of humor, I don't consider anything off limits, though I do keep my audience in mind.

THINGS I LIKE IN WOMEN: independence, sense of humor, a degree of cynicism, she likes cartoons and/or video games, lacks sense of punctuality.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
it must be the cigarettes. Even 2nd hand smoke is 2nd hand cool!
Oh Juxty McJuxtapose...that's why I love you.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

And by the way!

HATRACK LADIES!

It's not a meat market without cat calls. Don't leave pH all alone.

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem* Some of us are just silently appreciative [Big Grin]

(Out of necessity; my attentions would not be appropriate or welcome [Blushing] )

GO ALL YOU FABULOUS HATRACK GUYS!

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

h01y h0tn355!!! Omgz.

Pearce is just SO much better at these things...

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

quote:
Oh Juxty McJuxtapose...that's why I love you.
You mean it's not my stunning good looks and winning charm? I'm so hurt...
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
h01y h0tn355!!! Omgz.

Pearce is just SO much better at these things...

pH, I think we need to start our "O RLY? YA RLY!!1!!!11!" thread.

quote:
You mean it's not my stunning good looks and winning charm? I'm so hurt...
Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it.

^_^

(EDIT) Wait a minute...isn't that my kitchen?

[ January 14, 2006, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: erosomniac ]

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I love to spoil whoever I'm dating
Lyrhawn - I KNEW I liked you! [Wink]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Good eyes, ero. pulled it off Liv's flickr page. it was hard work finding pictures of myself that were already online. that one's from Micah's birthday, I believe.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Ohhh...that's the same picture set with the wrestling, isn't it.
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
AGE WHEN FIRST KISSED: 18-but i have certainly made up for lost time [Big Grin]

PHOTOS: I dont have any on this computer [Eek!]
HAIR: Dark brown, long and curly. Then I cut it but my hair grows crazy fast.
EYES: Dark brown.
SMILE: Either huge toothy grin or small and knowing.
BUILD: 6'3" Skinny as heck.
ANCESTRY: German, Norwegian, and a mish mash of a couple other European countries.
LOOK ALIKES: I don't know anyone specifically but everyone constantly says I either look like someone they know or claim to have met me before. And this phenomenon covers atleast four states. Tyler Durton anyone?-Fight Club reference for anyone that doesn't know.

REASON I AM COOL: I am literally a private investigator and I am an aspiring proffesional poker player. Also a great many people refer to me as "Tall, dark, and scary."

DATING STATUS: Courting-not dating yet but we've gotten both the first and the second kiss out of the way but she says she wants to get to know me better first. She is SO awesome and beautiful, wish me luck!
Stalker Level: I like the direct aproach.
PLANS: Political Science degree. Become either a senator or a professional poker player. Nothing higher than senator-too much publicity.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW: Love the outdoors. I could spend the rest of my life in the Minnesota woods and be perfectly happy. I am also comfortable with the meanest parts of Chicago. This comes from my private eye experiance. So I am well rounded in both nature and city life. I am also a hopeless romantic. I loved the "notebook" and "what dreams may come" is one of my favorite movies.-though i hate sappy romantic movies like romantic comedies.

THINGS I LIKE IN WOMEN: Independence, sence of humor, I prefer women who like country music, who don't sleep around, who are atleast over like 5'6" otherwise it makes everthing from kissing to dancing etc. difficult, and who love both having a good time and having intimate time.

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
pH, I think we need to start our "O RLY? YA RLY!!1!!!11!" thread.

NO WAI!!!1!11

-pH

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This comes from my private eye experiance.
I didn't think you could get licensed as a private eye in Chicago without experience in law enforcement.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Tom, you can. You just have to provide proof that you've spent at least three of the past five years working as a licensed private investigator in another state who's licensing requirements are at least as strict as Illinois'. Otherwise, three of the past five years working in law enforcement. And take a test, pass a firearms profiency course, and provide proof of having at least $1 million of liability insurance. [Smile]

In case you were curious.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Your mixing up Private INVESTIGATOR with private DETECTIVE. What ElJay said is correct for Private Detective. An investigator is not licensed. They have to get an Illinois PERC Card and then be hired to practice under a licenced Private Detective. My licensed Private Detective is my father.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
My apologies for the misunderstanding.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:

(EDIT) Wait a minute...isn't that my kitchen?

I have no idea what your cabinets look like, but that sure looks like one of your pipes. And your friend is kinda cute. But only if he really smokes cigarettes.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

How do you know what erosomniac's ceiling looks like , jenna? And yes, I really smoke. I prefer to get my cool straight from the source.

Edit: you're too kind, by the way.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait- smoking is cool?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

I've spent some quality time on that couch of his. By quality time I mean days and days of nothing but katamari and ceiling pipes. Also hit my head on those %*$#&@(*&-ing pipes in his bedroom.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
I have no idea what your cabinets look like, but that sure looks like one of your pipes. And your friend is kinda cute. But only if he really smokes cigarettes.
quote:
How do you know what erosomniac's ceiling looks like , jenna? And yes, I really smoke. I prefer to get my cool straight from the source.
This is what happens when you recruit many of your friends to a message board, without telling any of them who the others are. BWAHA!

quote:
Wait- smoking is cool?
Duh, it's always been cool. It's only recently that those stupid Truth ads have been trying to DETRACT from the coolness of smoking.

I really don't understand why anyone has a problem with it, especially when you take into account how many health benefits it provides, and the amazing social stigma from the smell - who needs cologne? I've got Marlboro, baby.

jennabean
Member # 8590

quote:
Originally posted by Teshi:
Wait- smoking is cool?

No, but it's on my list of things I find inexplicably attractive.

edit-- I know who he is. Now that I've seen the picture.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.