FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Whom say ye that I am? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Whom say ye that I am?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
You are an 'agitator.'
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Like this?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
You agitator, you brought'er.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Misogynist.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

[Cry]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 233

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I like that one. The...sexual overtones are a little...okay, not going there.

I'm also a bit interested by the repeated suggestion that I might be suicidal. I don't know whether that's just wishful thinking or a really clumsy attempt at soft-soap brainwashing. Like that one episode of Arrested Development, that was pretty funny, eh?

I've been checked out by the mental health police plenty of times, but they never were able to figure anything out. Probably due to their fundamental assumption that I was human. I'm sure that some of the humanistic traits I've picked up over the years could be considered neurotic patterns if anyone who understood my kind were to check, but I often find them quite useful. You know, since usually I don't make a big deal about how I'm only on this planet in the first place to assist in "human telophase procedures".

But hey, somebody asked. And I'm not in the habit of lying or evading an honest question. You can all ignore it as a joke or a delusion if you like, I'm not particularly impaired by it and there's nothing you can do to change it, so chalk it up to eccentricity if that makes you more comfortable.

The original point was to figure out what you would say about me, not to tell you anything about myself, after all.

Posts: 763 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
Eh, I think he's kidding. I think he sees all the negative assessments of his character as being somewhat over the top and responding in a similiar over the top fashion.

Of course, if he's not kidding, I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords and would just like to point out that there's a lot of free real estate out Utah way.

You're just sucking up because you hope our new overlords will let you pilot the ship. On second thought, I second your sentiment. Only good things can come from their enlightened rule. Plus, when they let ME pilot the ship I can pretend to be Wash.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 233

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sort of wondering whether I should say anything in response to that...I think I'll simply caution you that you might not want to count on being allowed to pretend you're Wash while piloting the ship.
Posts: 763 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
That's because Richard's already called dibs. You can be Zoe.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
eh, who wants to be a leaf on the wind anyway....

we all saw what happened to the last guy who went that way.

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

Hey! I called Zoe! [Mad]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

I don't think it would happen again. I mean, it's a proven fact that lighting absolutely never strikes the same place twice, right?
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

Hey! I called Zoe!
You can have Zoe. I call River.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be Spock. We're talking about Star Trek, right? (Just kidding)
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Survivor,

quote:
I'm also a bit interested by the repeated suggestion that I might be suicidal. I don't know whether that's just wishful thinking or a really clumsy attempt at soft-soap brainwashing.

I'm afraid you don't understand human beings nearly as well as you might think you do if you believe it's wishful thinking, or an attempt at brainwashing. Both would require intent, and no intent for either suicide on your part or brainwashing to you exists.

quote:
The original point was to figure out what you would say about me, not to tell you anything about myself, after all.
This probably has much more to do with the general lack of in depth responses than do your other claims about humanity and lack thereof.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is going on here? I've been trying to figure this through seeing a few scattered posts of Survivor's, but I can't put it together. I'm hesitant to pronounce crackpot status and consider the case closed, if only because this much oldbie interest usually warrants patience to see what's coming.

Anyone care to explain?

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
I'm hesitant to pronounce crackpot status and consider the case closed,

[ROFL]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
erosomniac, just because a troll is old doesn't mean he's not a troll.

Think about it. Even murderers get old and some of them are grandparents. Doesn't make them any less a murderer. Which is not to equate that to Survivor, but to clarify a point.

Going by Survivor's recent posts (I don't remember him prior to his recent spate), I would call him a troublemaker and disturber. I get the distinct impression that he cares more for his own entertainment regardless of the cost to others, or perhaps the entertainment value increases in relation to the emotional cost to others. I think he's egocentric and angry and is taking it out on Hatrack.

The fact that he's been around for a while means nothing to me. He's still a crank.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask Survivor...he is the soul of discretion, after all. [Wink]

Don't worry about him, seriously....it doesn't matter if he is cracked or if he just wants us to think he is. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Survivor. I just realized who you are. We've actually met in person a couple of times. Sorry for not remembering.

Most of my interaction with you has been on another forum. I must admit that I didn't understand you there or the circumstances surrounding you leaving any more than I've understood you over her.

But then, I don't understand your sister half the time either, so that doesn't really mean that much.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
What the hell is going on here? I've been trying to figure this through seeing a few scattered posts of Survivor's, but I can't put it together. I'm hesitant to pronounce crackpot status and consider the case closed, if only because this much oldbie interest usually warrants patience to see what's coming.

Anyone care to explain?

He's the same one I saw in that landmark thread, where he was all like "I have shed tears for humanity and wonder if I in all my benevolence ever really gave your species a real chance, but that wasn't my choice to make; I do not have authority with my (INSERT WHATEVER CULT/ALIEN COLLECTIVE HE'S KNEE-DEEP IN) to be allowed to save your 'kind', but I do like to wander about and be bemused with what you silly little humans do!" etc etc etc so the theme is very consistent. If he's being honest then he's totally cracked! If it's a play, then he's very good at playing a total nutball.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Please let us know what religion, cult, splinter group, or other secret organization you're part of, so we can learn more about their crazy ways [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
More like which one(s) to avoid. The details I don't need.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Question:

What's the deal with you guys and anal probes?

Follow-up question:

What's the craziest thing you guys have found in there?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

'The truth is in there.'
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But then, I don't understand your sister half the time either, so that doesn't really mean that much.
I think this means that I was right about who his sister is then.

eros,
I don't have any clue as to who this guy is. I'm guessing that, based on the pattern of people responding, that he is active on other forums, which is why he's getting more attention here than a random nutjob.

quote:
What's the craziest thing you guys have found in there?
I'm telling you doc...I mean alien guy...it was a million to one shot.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:

eros,
I don't have any clue as to who this guy is. I'm guessing that, based on the pattern of people responding, that he is active on other forums, which is why he's getting more attention here than a random nutjob.

If you read his posts from 5-7 years ago on the Writer's Forum, you will see some excellent critical work.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Hey, CT-- You just hit 10500 posts!

That's wonderful!

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

And you hit 9868, you little achiever you!

*licks a gold star*
*pastes it on CT's forehead*
*licks another gold star*
*pastes it on Scott's forehead*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Can I have a gold star? Please? Pretty pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Hey, wait a minute now. If CT is getting a gold start for 10.5K posts, should Captain Apathy be getting a gold star for his piddling 9868 posts? I think not!

*rips off gold star* Disgraceful example of unfair rewards, Storm Saxon! Shame...SHAME!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quid, does it have to be from Stormy? Because I have some too (and mine don't even need licking, they come pre-stickified), but I wouldn't want to step on any toes.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Giving Captain Apathy a gold star is OK (although in my humble opinion, horridly misplaced) but giving him the same gold star as CT got for a much lesser achievement, now that...that's shameful.
rivka
Member # 4859

So you're saying that every poster must meet precisely the same guidelines to receive rewards? What is this, No Poster Left Behind? [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Guys...guys...wait up. My little post count can't keep up with you....guuuuuuuuuuyyyyysss!
*whimper*

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

*licks quid's forehead*
sticks a gold star on*
*pinches cheek*

[Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Guys...guys...wait up. My little post count can't keep up with you....guuuuuuuuuuyyyyysss!
*whimper*

*surreptitiously slips Squick 200 posts*
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

Giving Captain Apathy a gold star is OK (although in my humble opinion, horridly misplaced) but giving him the same gold star as CT got for a much lesser achievement, now that...that's shameful.

*sings*

He's Captain Apathy
He's Mr. Glum
He's Captain Apathy
He's Mr. havin' no fun

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No fair! Cheater! I'm going to get you expelled! And rescind my recommendations! And, and. . .
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*slips ElJay 300 posts*

*and gives her a gold star*

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Incidentally, rivka, I couldn't find an email from you and you shouldn't be hitting any of my filters now. Could you resend?
rivka
Member # 4859

*laugh* Sure. [Smile]

*goes to dig up the original*

Thanks for remembering.

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
*whimper*

*sidles up*

Can you slip me 3000?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Weeeell. That'd put me below 20,000. And I landmarked at 20,000, so someone might notice. How about 1000?
ElJay
Member # 6358

A gold star, eh? You think I can be bought off that cheaply?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

If you take off the gold foil, there's chocolate inside.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
So you're saying that every poster must meet precisely the same guidelines to receive rewards? What is this, No Poster Left Behind?
Hardly! I'm simply saying that giving two posters the same award for different achievements is shameful. Shameful, I say!

Oh, and of course awarding Captain Apathy for anything at all. Hmph!

ElJay
Member # 6358

Dark chocolate?

*suspicious

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take 1000. And the gold foil from the chocolate.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

63% cocoa
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.