FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » GAAAAaaahhhh! (or why do guys have to pee all over the toilet?) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: GAAAAaaahhhh! (or why do guys have to pee all over the toilet?)
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
It's really poor taste. There is no great hassle in putting the seat up so that it's not a question of aim. It's about as reasonable as asking him to eat with a fork instead of his feet.

[ May 08, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Irami Osei-Frimpong ]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Poor taste???
errrmmm... you're aiming in the wrong direction.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Wall Bash] *stabs pun*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*shudder* ewww!

I can't stand a dirty toilet. And if I miss I CLEAN up! Blah.... I don't like cleaning it, but I can't have standing puddles of goop lying around.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my big pet peeves:
Guys, if you're visiting a girl on a girls' floor of the dorm and you have to use the bathroom she shares with the room next door, it really wouldn't kill you to put the seat back down when you're finished. It's not as though the other three of us are going to have any use for it with the seat up, anyway.

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
My buddy and I took a guided fishing trip down the Kalama River in southern Washington one Spring. When it came time to tinkle, rather than pulling in to shore, our guide handed us a tin can. He told us to go in the can and then rinse it over the side. He said he got tired of guys trying to whizzle over the side but hitting his boat instead.

Our guide said that he often took ladies down the river, but he would pull in to shore for them. He said that he once had a couple of lesbians in the boat who refused to use the tin can and insisted on whizzling over the side of the boat. He said they both stood and did so expertly.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of toilet seats...
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me, or would that device provide a new and much more entertaining target?
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

There has been a study somewhere about sticking a target (bullseye? black dot?) in the center of urinals. This proves successful in reducing spillage, as men seemed to like to have a target for aiming.

[Whew! Now there's You're In Control / UrineControl [Roll Eyes] , a urinal video game. ]

[ May 23, 2004, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
(I see someone linked to restrooms.org already...)

As for the toilet -- I'd buy it if the voice were actually in German. And promptly ignore it, of course.

I'm not at all surprised that targets work. Although discerning men should already know that proper pissing requires careful aim and adjustment. Each receptacle has a different optimum point for minimizing splashback. In urinals it depends on angles and concavity; in most toilets the best spot is between the waterline and the rim (no splash at all, and much quieter to boot).

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I would just like to point out that one should not go searching for restroom research on the web without reminding oneself first of the vast cornicopia that is human experience and inventiveness. Thank you.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"You're In Control / UrineControl"

Please never post puns like this when Bob is declaring a Pun Smackdown over, and is ready to start a new one.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah, Bob would be all over that. Stream of consciousness stuff, very splashy.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

He'd drag the whole forum down the drain. Better to aim high than to let ourselves trickle away in mediocre punnage.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
It might even change his swirled view.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

To provide balance to the "woman's thread."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
This is your idea of balance?!?

MEN! [Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Sorry - I'll do better a year from now when I'll probably qualify for checks for prostate and colorectal cancer on at least a semiannual basis.

Best I could do for now.

Besides, it's still a good question with no real definitive answer...

*did not get my ideas on "balance" or "fairness" from Bill O'Reilly*

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Oh. My. I read that as "Sorry, next time I'll just transilluminate my prostate and colon."
sndrake
Member # 4941

[Eek!]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah, that's pretty much where I was, too. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, NOW it's a reasonable "balance" thread.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know] Who uses toilets? [Dont Know]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

We cut probably cut down on the problem identified in the thread title if someone would manufacture cheap flushable targets.

*and no wisecracks about "men and their toys"*

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh. My. I read that as "Sorry, next time I'll just transilluminate my prostate and colon."
Wow, you're just ten pounds of sexy, CT.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

sndrake,

Something like these?

[ March 14, 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I wondered what it'd be living with a male and being the one who volunteered to clean the bathroom (I traded for the kitchen).

I haven't noticed any pee OUTSIDE the toilet since Nathan moved in (nor was there any before he moved in, either).

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even try to put the seat down when I'm through. I just think that's silly.

I have as much right to complain about the seat being left down as my wife does to complain about it being left up.

Which is not much at all.

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Or -- especially considering you have small, inquisitive children -- you could both close the lid. Fewer things, ah, fall in that way.

And it's equally inconvenient for everyone. [Wink]

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have as much right to complain about the seat being left down as my wife does to complain about it being left up.
When I was newly married my wife and I enacted this exact debate.

Her: "You really need to put the seat down when you're done. It's rude and indicates that you aren't considerate of your wife."

Me: "Well, I think it's rude and inconsiderate that you don't raise the seat when you're done in preparation for my use of the toilet."

Her: "Actually the seat and lid should both be closed after each use. This is fair as well as being more aesthetically pleasing."

Me: "Okay, I can buy into that argument."

Result: I always close both and she always leaves the lid up.

Me: "Why don't you close the lid when you're done like we agreed to do?"

Her: "It's inconvenient when I get up in the middle of the night."

[Grumble]

[ March 14, 2005, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm big on personal responsiblity. Before you sit, check. I don't see what's so hard about that. [Dont Know]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yup, PC, that's me. 10 pounds of sexy, 100 pounds of TMI.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, of course it's hard when you don't use those evil padded seats that don't stay up anyway LOL

<3am ouch>

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Claudia...

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Her: "It's inconvenient when I get up in the middle of the night."
quote:
I'm big on personal responsiblity. Before you sit, check. I don't see what's so hard about that.
I'm with Dag on this one. I don't understand what exactly is inconvenient about lifting the lid or lowering the seat.

I have a theory, though: the main difference in this particular situation between men and women is that women have only one functional toilet setting, while men have two. So men are used to having to adjust the toilet seat even if they are the only one to use the thing. Women, on the other hand (or so goes the theory), often do not have an automatic checking routine before their main activity, so this extra step can be a jarring break from routine. This (I have heard) can have drastic consequences, especially at 3am when full consciousness is not guaranteed.

For the record, I always close the lid. Well, when there is a lid.

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
Checking before you sit isn't that big of a problem. But in order for that you work you actually have to be paying attention. Occupied thoughts lead to rather disgusting results (especially if the seat is covered with pee).
Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
I'm big on personal responsiblity.
*reading between the lines here*

Noticed that "putting seat or lid down" was not used as an example of "personal responsibility."

*always watch what a lawyer doesn't say, even an aspiring one*

Dagonee
Member # 5818

If there's a need to put the seat down to prevent those who are not personally responsible (pets and small children) from playing in the toilet, then putting the lid down would be an act of personal responsibility.

Putting the seat down without the lid is never such act. [Razz]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

However, at 3 in the morning stumbling out of bed, not turning a light on so you don't wake yourself up completely, following the now instinctive routine of going to the toilet, you don't notice that the seat isn't down (in the dark, it's hard to tell if it's the seat or the rim) and you plunk yourself down, not onto a seat, but into some nice cold water.

Being jarred awake by cold toilet water on your rear, you're in a reducted state of inhibition when you finish, tromp back to your bedroom, and punch the spouse who so kindly left the seat up.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

My normal routine involves a quick reach-behind to see if the seat is up. [Razz]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, at 3 in the morning stumbling out of bed, not turning a light on so you don't wake yourself up completely, following the now instinctive routine of going to the toilet, you don't notice that the seat isn't down (in the dark, it's hard to tell if it's the seat or the rim) and you plunk yourself down, not onto a seat, but into some nice cold water.
Now, apply this to guys. Wake up at 3 in the mornin stumbling out of bed, not turning on a light so you don't wake yourself completely, following the instinctive routine of going pee, we don't notice the seat is down (it's hard to tell if what we grab is the rim or the seat), we take a pee, pee on the seat, it splashes into our nice jammies, and suddenly, we smell like piss the rest of the night.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
My normal routine involves a quick reach-behind
I so did not need to know that.
*prim look

mackillian
Member # 586

Nathan, that's pretty easy. The seat lifts when you grab it and lift up, the rim doesn't.
skillery
Member # 6209

I don't like to turn the bathroom light on when I have to get up in the middle of the night, so I sit.

Are there any fellas here who pee whilst standing in the dark? [Angst] How do you hit that little toilet paper target?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If there's a need to put the seat down to prevent those who are not personally responsible (pets and small children) from playing in the toilet,
I know of at least one 18-month old where leaving the seat down is an invitation to open it up and see what's inside.
quote:
The seat lifts when you grab it and lift up, the rim doesn't.
What kind of weird toilet do you have? Does your rim fold sideways or something?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Wha?
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are there any fellas here who pee whilst standing in the dark?
Hehe...Has anyone seen the Comedy Central thing with Adam Ferrara? He talks about how at night he goes by sonar. Hehe...man, funny stuff there.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I like to shower in the dark. Dark is just better, so long as you know what you're doing.
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
I like to shower in the dark.
That way you don't get soap in your eyes.

It's always safe to pee in the shower in the dark.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.