FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SteveRogers, Come On Down! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: SteveRogers, Come On Down!
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
well, he posted the reply to that one. He got one wrong, but it's sorta like getting a B instead of A [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
But I thought we were just supposed to tell him he's wrong until he gets it right. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belgarath
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Belgarath   Email Belgarath         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what you got yourself into stevie boy. Ive been here a long time ago just lurking, and i still can't use the search really well.

Another question
name one memeber that as "A long time ago" for their sign on date.

[ February 04, 2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Belgarath ]

Posts: 40 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
o O... Nice member number!
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
aw, but I wanted to share my list finally! [Wink]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I do expect him to correct his answer, but I'm fine with what Kama posted. It doesn't seem fair to tell him that part of a 10 part answer is wrong without telling him what part. This way he can see what country he listed isn't on Kama's list, and hopefully fix his.

I'm undecided on how to judge the state one, and am asking for help... one of the people listed is listed in their "home" state, but they are in a different state for college right now, and pretty vocal about it. Do I give it to him or not?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Belgarath! I'm honored to have you posting on my thread. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Not unless he tells you which one.

And I did give him a big hint about a wrong answer on the countries. I guess you all are nicer than me. [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belgarath
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Belgarath   Email Belgarath         Edit/Delete Post 
if his home state is still listed in his profile it should be considerd correct. but your the judge here eljay.
Posts: 40 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I would say that he could earn extra credit by indentifying that particular Jatraquero.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

An excellent solution! It is not listed in his profile, and therefore does not count. [Big Grin]
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it bad that I got really happy that I'm part of an answer?! Whoho!

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Superstation had a 1st birthday party way back in November. I can't think of anyone younger who logged on: they may be frightened by the prospect of becoming a newbie pounced upon for less than perfect typing and writing skills.

Go to quidscribis in SriLanka cuz enjeeo moved back home to Australia.

And with her usual casual cruelty of ignoring poor poor aspectre, Kama neglected to mention that certain someone who lives in a euphoric state in an undiscovered country, which makes one more apiece for both lists.

[ February 04, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

There's still someone under 1 registered. [Smile] That was one of the ones I think there's only one correct answer for, but there IS a correct answer for it.

Hmmmm, now I better go check and make sure of that. But Superstation was not who I was thinking of.

punwit
Member # 6388

While I'm not 100 percent sure, I believe that you are correct, Eljay. And may I say that the young lady in question certainly has impeccable credentials.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Huh. That's not who I was thinking of, either. I didn't think she was registered.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you thinking of the wise flower, by another name?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I don't think she's registered.

But someone else under 1 is.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I can google the wise part Dag but have no info on the flower part. Eljay, I'm not sure but I thought I'd seen a post from her in the past.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I know the answer to that one (the under one year old)! Steve, if you search for a calendar of sorts...you'll find it.

That's as much of a hint as these mean guardians of the Jatraquero rite of passage will let me give. [Big Grin]

[ February 04, 2005, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, the person I was thinking of is over 1... just has been registered less than a year. So dkw, would you please e-mail me who you are thinking of? [Blushing]
dkw
Member # 3264

E-mail's away.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Dana, are you thinking of the May baby? [Smile] I just went to look and I couldn't find his nic...just a thread where his mom let him use HER nic...

Did he eventually get a nic or is there another baby I'm forgetting about (heaven forbid!)?

[ February 04, 2005, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Thank you, sister dearest.

Hey, that's another question I could have asked... name 3 pairs of Hatrack relatives.

Narnia, I'm curious about who you're thinking of... the one dkw sent me was an April baby.

Edit: It was a May baby after all, so probably the same one. Nevermind.

[ February 04, 2005, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

dkw
Member # 3264

May baby, he has his own nick, and I just sent ElJay a link to his first post. [Smile]

Edit: If you go to page 2 of the thread you were looking at, you'll see him posting under his own name.

[ February 04, 2005, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just going to ignore all this for awhile beacuase all it is doing is confusing and distracting me......oh and Farm Girl my grandparents leave in Kansas and didn't know if you lived close to them or not....
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, if you can figure out who the original four Hatrack Mafia members were, I'll mail you a special prize.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm feeling a wee bit guilty. I'll give broader hints if you need them, Steve, just say so.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
But not about the countries. You practically handed them to him on a silver platter. And one that he made a mistake on - well, he'd get slapped by the person in question for that. There's a lot of animosity between the two countries, and it becomes really obvious during cricket matches.

But I also wonder that he listed the one person and not the other. I mean, the one he listed has only posted like a dozen times, and only once or twice in the last year.

Some of the questions are hilarious, by the way. Kudos for coming up with them. Steve, they're really not that hard. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, not about the countries. [Wink]

I just don't want this to turn into a hazing sort of thing. It's supposed to be fun. Things that get frustrating tend not to be fun.

But whatever else, I'm just delighted that it prompted Belgarath to post. I always love it when lurkers come out. [Big Grin] (And at member 4 and 16 posts, two of them today, you're the lurkingest lurker that I've actually seen post. So you made my day. [Smile] )

[ February 05, 2005, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

.........................I can't figure out which country is wrong..........I don't have a world map memorized in my head.......and I don't have one handy..........I don't know which country is which...................and I can't figure out which state is wrong either...............I'm never going to finish this [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is it bad that I got really happy that I'm part of an answer?! Whoho!

Not at all - 'cos I'm kinda miffed I didn't get mentioned for the Autstralian.

I mean sure, EG and Troubs were here before me. Just because of that I get a non-mention... *hmmph*

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and I know another country you can subsitute Steve.

I haven't heard from the girl in question in a while though - anyone else?

(Loves horses, antipodean... )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, Steve... the wrong country is India. The hints you were given in this thread were to check a recent thread about a major disaster, that would be the tsunami thread. But there's an easier way to do it... the pin in the map said fahim & quidscribis. quidscribis has posted right above us. If you click her name, that brings up her profile, and you can find out where they live.

The wrong state is Hobbes, in Colorado. He's posted in this thread, too.

So fix those and you've got 1, 3, 5, 8, & 12. That's a third of the way there! What other ones are you working on?

[ February 05, 2005, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that hobbes claims colorado though, that's where he is on the hatrack map, just not there right now.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

But his profile doesn't say Colorado, I checked. And he's not listed in Colorado on the Hatrack Factions list, he's with the other possible clump. I guessing that he just hasn't changed the map from when he originally stuck it, the map's been out of general circulation for awhile.

There are pigeons running back and forth on my roof. Their little feet crunching in the snow. It sounds really freaky.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] I just saw this thread. How funny!

Here's a hint to the person under one question: his parent often refers to him using only the second part of his member name.

[Evil Laugh]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I corrected them....thank you for the help [Hail] oh and by FAQ thread do you mean welcome me I'm a noob and I need help or what? [Dont Know]

[ February 05, 2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

You're welcome! Looks much better now, full credit.

For the FAQ threads I was thinking more of "Hey n00bs, here's something you should read before you do too much posting and get smacked down." There's at least one with FAQ actually in the title, and a couple of others that are called other things and might be harder to find. See what you can come up with!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

7. How many newbie FAQ threads can you find?

I only found two. I thought that might be enough since it was asking how many I could find not how many there are. [Razz]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I need defintions....of punners and meme....
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I need defintions....of punners and meme....
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

10. Define "meme." Name one.

Richard Dawkins coined the term meme in his 1976 book, "The Selfish Gene." Memes (the word rhymes with dreams and is short for mimemes, from the word mimetic) are infectious ideas or any other things that spread by imitation from person to person - a jingle, a joke, a fashion, the smiley face or the concept of hell. Memes propagate from brain to brain much as genes spread from body to body. Thus, Mr. Dawkins wrote, they really "should be regarded as living structures, not just metaphorically but technically."

Such as: the poncho, t-shirts with sayings on them, and the idea that Bush is and idiot [Big Grin]

[ February 05, 2005, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Two works. [Wink]

Punners I'll define for you... it's the group of people who like to make puns, and frequently have threads devoted entirely to punning.

Since the question is to "define meme," I'm not going to define that one for you. [Razz] Have you tried searching yet?

ElJay
Member # 6358

There we go! None of those are necessarily Hatrack memes, but since I didn't specify that was what I was looking for, full credit.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

9. Name five frequent punners

1. Bob_Scopatz

2. sndrake

3. mr_porteiro_head

4. rivka

5. advice for robots

[ February 05, 2005, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay now, the question is to name five frequent punners, not five puns. Bob_Scopatz is certainly a frequent punner, but you need four more. (There's another thread in the first 5 on the forum right now that should make this very easy.

Edit: Never mind, you were editing. [Smile] Usernames will be sufficient for this one.

[ February 05, 2005, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

One of them even has a name that should help you. [Big Grin]
punwit
Member # 6388

mph?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

14. Name three past hatrack gatherings.

1. Endercon

2. Kamacon

3. Dallascon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.