FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SteveRogers, Come On Down! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: SteveRogers, Come On Down!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm. Please either point me to a thread where mr_porteiro_head has made a couple of puns or replace him, please.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I've done 1,3,5,7,8,9,10,11,12, and 14......so I have five questions left....
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

He started a thread at the beginning of the year that was something like the first puns of 2005 or something
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
DallasCon hasn't happened yet, so it doesn't count as a past gathering.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Fair enough, then. Although I think punwit's insulted. [Wink]

And Dallascon hasn't actually happened yet, but that's a technicality. I expected you to come up with Wenchcon, actually.

So! Five left! If you have any questions ask them quick, or others will have to answer them, as I'm going to be away from the computer for awhile.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Who here looks like OSC....and who has a picture of themselves with OSC I can link to?? [Dont Know] and who is younger than a year old? i don't know [Cry]

[ February 05, 2005, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not insulted but I hardly think that mph qualifies for the "frequent" designation. If you had asked for the 5 most prolific and I was ignored then I might feel insulted.

[ February 05, 2005, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Have you found the photo album site yet? Both of those questions will be a lot easier if you find the hatrack photo album first. Another hint, for finding the person who resembles OSC, the resemblance was noticed at KamaCon. That should get you started.

Okay, for under a year old, do a search for threads with "baby" in the subject. Then in this thread we gave you the month the baby was born, so that should tell you when to look, and dkw pointed out where in the thread the kidlet posted. That shold help. [Razz] Now I'm off, have fun!

[ February 05, 2005, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

This isn't an answer to a question but look its ElJay and some guy!!!

[ February 05, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
some guy indeed

*snort*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I looked and looked but couldn't find a picture of a Hatracker with OSC or a Hatracker that looks like OSC or the one-year old Hatracker anywhere on Foobonic.....or anywhere else.....are there other places to look..... [Dont Know] o_O(I just wanted to do that....just ignore it [Razz] )

Kama-I don't know who that is!!! [Big Grin]

[ February 05, 2005, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, if I were you, I'd search for the words
KamaCon and Guest...

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

it's signed.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of these are hard. O_o

Hmmm... I think that Steve should have to explain the origin of dobies. [Evil Laugh]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, Feyd Baron = Archtraz Warden. And despite what his profile says, he's not in Texas anymore. Unless he moved there recently, which I don't think he did.

I won't outright tell you what state he's in just yet, because I am evil. But I'll give you a hint: there's a pretty good reason why I remember that he's moved.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

5. Find and link to a picture of the hatracker who resembles OSC, and the thread discussing the resemblance.

Oh wow....its OSC!! Or is it?? Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! [Evil Laugh]

And the tread they talk about the resemblance at is right here!!!

So now I have four more to go....a pic with OSC, the one-year old Hatracker, and Hatrackers with certain occupations are still needed....darn!!! [Cry]

[ February 05, 2005, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

punwit
Member # 6388

And the exceptionally good looking doppelganger is?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

well....seeing as you are saying he is exceptionally good looking I have two guesses....either you are

a)sucking up to OSC

or

b)the copy of OSC

[Dont Know]

[ February 05, 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

punwit
Member # 6388

dkw is a lovely lady and quite definitely better looking than the suprise guest. I think perhaps you didn't read the thread very well. I'd suggest you peruse the entire thread.
punwit
Member # 6388

Usually it's an accepted practice when editing that you not delete complete sentences but rather add to what you previously posted along with an explanation of your edit.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

ooooops!!! I didn't do that time did I? I've been trying to be a bit better about that...sorry....but was I right the second time??
punwit
Member # 6388

I believe the answer that you seek is in the thread that discusses the suprise guest. Eljay is a more relaxed tutor than I. I would suggest that reading more of the old threads will give you a better handle on being a Jatraquero.

[ February 05, 2005, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Steve, you also still need to name a spellcheck program and answer the "It's doesn't do anything" quote to my satisfaction. I didn't accept your last answer, remember? The quote is not in the Hitchhiker's series.

punwit, yeah, I know, I was planning on being tougher but he gets me with all the crying graemlins and I feel like I'm being too mean. Since it was intended to be fun... obviously I am just a softie at heart. [Frown] Don't tell anyone, I have a rep to maintain.

Added: Also, punwit's right about not editing your posts in such a way that it completely changes them. You did it a couple of times to me, too... it's cool to go back and fix typos or add something at the end, but anything more drastic then that you need to say that you edited it, otherwise it makes other people's responses to you that came before the edit look silly. That's just kinda rude.

And you had to link to the least-flattering pic of me up there, didn't you? *grumble* [Wink]

[ February 05, 2005, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Extra credit: What is Billtmas, and how was the name unintentionally invented?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I think you're doing a great job. No criticism was intended. I was just trying to get him to delve a bit deeper is all. [Smile]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I STILL don't know what Billtmas is.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Surely it is the tmas that precedes the Chris one.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Have you accepted Billt into your life? [Big Grin]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what Billtmas is! [Big Grin]

Steve - we live in south-central Kansas -- I work in Wichita, but we live outside of Wichita about 40 miles. Where do your grandparents live?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
okay, here's another hint to the child under one question: the child's brother and sister have also posted here. The brother likes legos and the sister got a barbie bike for Christmas last year.

There. I'm not sayin' anything else! [Razz]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Steve, this latest hint is quite a boon. So many Jatraquero's willing to help the young man.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey! Someone posted a link to a pic of themself with OSC on an active thread, and one that you've posted on today, Steve! How lucky is that?

And Shigosei, I wasn't gonna call him on Feyd since his profile does still say Texas. I checked. [Big Grin]

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] still thinks ElJay should have made him answer some question about "onanism" [Big Grin]

FARMGIRL
(oops! posting on Ivygirl's computer!)
I'm sure Ivygirl does NOT know what onanism is. Shoot, it took me a year after being here to know it.....

[ February 05, 2005, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: IvyGirl ]

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
punwit, let's say we grab Liz and teach SR the meaning of frequent. Mob rule will show him who the lynchpuns of Hatrack are. [Grumble]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

You are indeed the lynchpuns of Hatrack (nice one, by the way!). But the high frequency of your puns is no reason to sound whiny. Just take this as a sine that Steve needs to hang out more on the pun threads.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

Edit: Oh, and there are definitly other lynchpuns that he did name. I'm not claiming otherwise.

[ February 05, 2005, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

FG, I am trying to educate Steve, not corrupt him. Fine line.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I think onanism threads are an important, stimulating, pleasurable, and time-honored tradition here on Hatrack. At least, you should understand what the word means, even if you don't understand why we're always relieved that it's not an onanism thread. Speaking of which, has the original been lost in the depths of time?
ElJay
Member # 6358

I am not arguing that onanism, er, onanism threads are not "important, stimulating, pleasurable, and time-honored." However, as a 31 year old woman, I will not be asking any teenage boys any questions about them. Period.

*prim*

punwit
Member # 6388

Shigosei, I believe that Eljay's hands off approach to onanism threads is well considered. Of course, you may be able to erect an argument to support your position but I fear you will encounter some stiff opposition.

[ February 06, 2005, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Speaking of which, has the original been lost in the depths of time?
You mean the original thread itself? I believe so, since it was almost three years ago. It was that thread that caused me to delurk, IIRC.

[Embarrassed]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Ic
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] punwit, you slay me...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

2. Find a site where Hatrack pictures are hosted. Link to a picture of a jatraquero/a with OSC. Extra Credit: Get a picture of yourself posted.

I thought that OSC was against abuse....and the sight where pictures of Hatrackers go is foobonic.....and I would post a picture of myself but I don't know how.....and don't have any good pictures of myself.....and I'm ugly anyway.......so I think those certain barriers will keep you picture-of-SteveRogers free...... [Big Grin]

[ February 06, 2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Good job!

Here's a few more.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

do people just walk up to him with a camera and ask,"Will you squish my head?" or what? [Dont Know]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

6. What is the significance of the quote "It doesn't do anything. That's the beauty of it!"

Well.....its a meme......and has driven generations of jatraqueros insane......no one really knows the answer for sure.....Hatrack started an internet craze to find the origin of this quote.....

Is that what you wanted?? [Dont Know]

Kama
Member # 3022

[Hat]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yes! Much better. [Smile] Full credit.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I like that answer! *thumbsub*

How many does he have left, ElJay?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.