FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SteveRogers, Come On Down! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: SteveRogers, Come On Down!
gingerjam
Member # 7113

- posted      Profile for gingerjam   Email gingerjam         Edit/Delete Post 
wow Steve this is impressive....i know i'm still a random but looking at what's required i think i'll always be a random here!

good luck with the last few!

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, he still needs to name a spellcheck program and then list the "Hatracker who is a..."

gingerjam, really, none of this is required. [Smile] Steve just wanted something to feel part of them community, and I did my best to oblige. Please don't think we put everyone through something like this.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished [Big Grin]

Should I e-mail it to you, Eljay, and get myself an offical Jatraquera member card?

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
gingerjam, really, none of this is required. Steve just wanted something to feel part of them community, and I did my best to oblige. Please don't think we put everyone through something like this.
Yeah, some of us feel the need to do something harder-- like planning a Con! [Angst]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
planning the campout is what me feel involved, because I was real from the moment I joined (or the next day depending on realness theories).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent my Jatraquera confirmation e-mail!

*crosses fingers*

Well, it didn't take me that long. Really.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*thumbsub*
The correct term is ThumbGrinder.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile]

Desdemona, I won't see it until I get home tonight, pretty late. I'm going out for dinner after work. So don't worry if you don't get your official confirmation right away.

Eeep! I'm going to have to come up with an official confirmation! [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*curious*

Does anyone know the list of various Cons and Shindas?

Obviously some have more people than others, so I'd put like a 5 jatraquero minimum on them, unless it was a really really early one.

EnderCon
Wenchcon I
Wenchcon II
Kama Con
SoCal Shinda(s)... not sure how many.

NewEngland clump Kama Con prequel

Wenchcon III this year
Dallas Con upcoming?
and BobNDana Con...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
NJ KamaCon
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat was the NJ thing pre or post Chicago Kama Con? CAuse I wasn't sure and that was what I was defining as the "new england Kama Con"

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Post, but there was a New England KamaCon picnic that was rainy after Chicago too, and I think there were about twenty people there.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
we are straying a bit off topic [Razz]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. That's another Hatrack meme.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Banna, you've been to a few that aren't on your list.

In fact, one of them was at your house.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
There was the "Spankin'" New England "Con", where we were deemed PG-13 by Dragon's mom, that was the largest gathering this side of KamaCon and EnderCon (unless one of the Florida clump meetings was larger). There was also the lesser known ScopatzCon out this way, and then there was KamaCon, Wet T-Shirt Edition.

Mmmmm... Wet t-shirts.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, the KamaCon prequel was the NYC contingent. Us New England folks got the KamaCon leftovers.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! 5-person minimum (cannot spell that word and I'm not gonna try!!!) means I've been to a con!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was going to say that if we go with a five-person minimum, we practically have a con every time we invite people over. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Western Mass Picnic..

My only regret about that is I was the only one wearing the wet t-shirt.

And the fact that Bok liked it so much.

Good luck with that one, Karen.... [Big Grin]

[ February 07, 2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Bok also had a wet tshirt.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Another small comment -- the plural of Shinda is Shindae, not Shindas. Just sayin'.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Latin now? I thought it was a misspelling from English, which would make "shindas" correct.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we had an AZ gathering, which I hereby dub "Tus-con."
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's retro-Latin. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

What, retroactively making it Latin? [ROFL]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmph. Then there was an OregonCon cause there was almost 20 of us at the science museum.

My word, what questions! [Evil Laugh]

I think there ought to be one about people's pets - but just what, I can't quite come up with . . . ah well. It's late and time for [Sleep]

[ February 08, 2005, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
OMSIcon, maybe? There was also the Portland OSC signing.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
NJ KamaCon
The correct name would be GreNMECon [Wink]

quote:
My only regret about that is I was the only one wearing the wet t-shirt.

Um, nope. I was definitely wet from feeding the ducks. Too bad you didn't notice [Razz]

[ February 08, 2005, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

and then there was the SteveRogersCon........that doesn't exist......I really need to go to one of these so I can share memories.....and being in existence would be nice too [Big Grin]

[ February 08, 2005, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I still can't find the one-year old Hatracker anywhere.....I'll never be a Jatraquero.... [Cry] [Frown] [Cry] [Frown] [Cry] [Frown] [Cry] [Frown]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Did you follow my hint? Re-read this thread, the part where dkw, Narnia, and I are talking about the baby hatrackers. Find the month when the baby was born. Also notice that dkw said what page of the thread the baby posted in.

Do a search for "baby" in subject lines, then look for threads in the month you found above. Check the page you found above.

I'm not helping you any more than that, even though there are several other hints in this thread. [Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, and don't forget that you haven't posted the spell-check program, too. [Razz]
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Should I post a picture of him? There's one (or more) on Foobonic.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
When this is done, Steve should gather copy all the questions from the original post with his final answers neatly pasted below each one.

Some of us are too lazy to keep up. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The answer is always yes! to baby pictures.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Your post count was all 1s for a fraction of a second there. It looked neat.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Damn, I'd have taken a screen shot of that.

Long way to go before that happens again.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Linky!

[Razz]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NJ KamaCon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The correct name would be GreNMECon

In that case, the correct name would be GreNMEcon II, and I'd like to add the original GreNMEcon, in Atlantic City, to the list.

If five is all the minimum is, then there's Epcotcon, with Ela and family as the guests of honor, and Bomacon, with Tom and Christy Davidson. And we're just one person short of being able to declare orlandopredatorcon . . . stupid Chris and storm. [Grumble]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Not to mention downtowndisneylandcon.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

If it's GreNMECon, how can it be a Hatrack gathering?

It could be a H*****k gathering, I guess.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'll bother with all this tomorrow morning, I have Algebra to attend to, and Dag don't worry all the answers will be included in my Landmark among other various things, so you can check all the answers then. Be patient!! [No No]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Not to rush you. Just making a suggestion.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Dag, this was when GreNME was still a member of H*****k. (And at least one of the participants has, I'm pretty sure, ever posted on GreNME.)
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Oh you aren't rushing me. I can't write my Landmark till I hit 500 and I am only at 406 so I still have 94 posts to go. So it may be awhile. Aren't I evil?? [Evil Laugh]

Edit: Why are we all of a sudden asteriking Hatrack, I mean H*****k?? [Dont Know]

[ February 08, 2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
How did landmarks go from 1000 to 500 - barring life changing events, of course . . .

*ponders*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.

Of course, when I hit 1000, I didn't post an actual landmark. Mine was more of an anti-landmark. [Dont Know]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I haven't posted a landmark yet, and I probably never will.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Dag

[ February 09, 2005, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.