FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SteveRogers, Come On Down! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: SteveRogers, Come On Down!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
New test:

What's the significance of getting the 300th post?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, if you put your mouse on the link but don't click it'll tell you what the url is on the bottom of your browser window, more than likely. You'll see CT's linking you to LyricFreak's Leonard Cohen page.

When she and Dag start talking back and forth to each other like that, it's usually lyrics. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

That the thread has gotten way too long?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey ElJay is checking in on me........I'll be done soon I swear.........procrastination has to be a jatraquero trait so I should be fitting in just fine............right?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, it is a totally innocuous lyrics site. I promise. Nothing your two-year-old sister couldn't see. [Smile]

Yep, Dag and I were lyric-batting.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, I check in every time I see it bumped. I just don't always feel the need to comment.

Hey Sara, not only did I get cream for my popovers, (double, they were out of clotted) but I also got lemon curd and moraccan blood orange chocolate spread. So, um, we're having popovers Saturday morning. [Smile]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When she and Dag start talking back and forth to each other like that, it's usually lyrics.
And it's usually LC.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

oh...........................try The Who sometime..............great band..............really great band............
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Big Grin]

Hey, ElJay, you are planning activities, correct? Would I be able to get away with mostly sitting in the corner studying really really hard (upcoming licensing exam) for a few hours at a time? I promise to be social sometimes, but I'm getting my OCD on, and I do not want to miss the trip just because I got the jones for the books.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I promise to do henna, to smile a lot (I am very excited!), and I give great deep tissue massage. [Big Grin]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Sara, you may do whatever makes you comfortable. And I have a very comfy chair in my sunroom, which is through an arch from the living room, if you want to be a little more removed than just in the corner but still be nearby.

As far as activities, I'm really not planning anything other than dinner Friday night and the henna itself. I don't know how much henna people want to do... we could end up with one design each, or covering all available skin space. So I figure we'll go with the flow, and have games and stuff available if we get tired of henna. Or we can just sit around and drink hot chocolate and giggle.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Kiss]

You are divine. Truly, you are.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(I am perfectly happy. *sunny smile
Good work, great husband, wonderful friends ... thank you so much, ElJay.)

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

.........I'll finish on Saturday........that is when next I can get to a computer........
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, nobody here has you on a timetable. You don't even have to complete the assignment. It was meant to be fun and you are entirely your own master in this regard. If it has become a burden then don't worry about it. I would suggest that you dispense with the, "I'll finish when..." posts because they are superfluous. I hope you don't find this advice rude because I'm just hoping to help.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

punwit- I never take offense from advice unless it is meant to be offensive............so thanks.........
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I almost have 500 posts I'll need to work on my Landmark here sometime soon................. [Wall Bash]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
You're beating me, Steve, but I will get there before you.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

................what? [Confused]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Can I be considered a Jatraquero without finishing the last two questions........I'm busy trying to prove that I've given up lying on Hatrack........and doing homework for school............
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, don't try to prove it, just let it happen in it's own time.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Steve, I think I told you right from the start that I have no special power to confirm jatraqueroness on anyone. If you decide you are one, then you are one. That being said, I told you if you could answer my questions I would publicly declare you a jatraquero. If you do not finish the questions, I will have no pronouncement to make. That's okay. If you're stressed or don't have time, let the thread die. Stop bumping it and it will go away. But I don't change the rules once the game's started.

Also, what Kwea said is right. You've publically admited to lying twice, and not little lies. I would venture to say most of us didn't believe either of them in the first place and were too polite to say so, but that's irrelevant. You cannot, at this point, prove that you are not still lying, and the more you keep trying in that other thread the worse off you're going to be. At this point, the best thing you can do is apologize, say you'll be upfront going forward, and accept the fact that people are going to take everything you say with a grain of salt for awhile. That's the consequence for lying. If you remain active and treat people with respect, which includes not making up fantastical tales, people will gradually start to trust you again.

Also, you should really know that Tom & Dag aren't saying what they're saying to attack you. They're not trying to be mean, and it doesn't mean they don't want to be your friend. They are both very honest, straightforward people, who believe in telling you how they feel about things. Don't take it so hard. Like I said, you can't at this point prove anything. If you really want this to work, the best thing to do is to conceed graciously and quit trying to say you're not lying now. You can still get over this, it's okay.

</unsolicited advice>

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

............thanks for the advice.........and I think I am a Jatraquero at this point in the game........I'll keep active and just accept my fate........though no matter how straightforward Dag and Tom are trying to be they have still offended me.........thank you for all the help ElJay.........I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without you..........
ElJay
Member # 6358

You're welcome, Steve.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.