FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange: If you haven't gotten a gift, read last page (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange: If you haven't gotten a gift, read last page
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't receive a match. [Frown]
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
K, I have one marked for you so I'll check and see if somehow the message bounced.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Got it now. Thank you!
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
got mine. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my match.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Female, 32, LDS, usual restrictions apply, but I can't imagine anyone sending me alcohol, anything coffee- or tea-related, or my own personal David Tennant anyway.

I love Doctor Who, academic studies of pop culture, Roman history, Latin, Greek, oil painting, modern art, and practical gifts. I don't like 3-dimensional non-useful things, but I love 2-dimensional non-useful things.

In other words, I don't need stuff, but I love things to hang on the wall. I love books, but I have so many that it's very hard to get me something I don't have already.

I'd rather not receive food.

I would love something from your place, where you are, and I really enjoy when it is something that means something to you, so I get to know you better.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
(Is David Tennant against the Word of Wisdom? Because if so, I'm in big trouble....)
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't gotten a match...?
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
You have now.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to interject at this point and say that I didn't enter this year (despite trying to enter late last year), because my wallet and cards were all stolen in Prague a few weeks ago, and since I'm living in Europe now, any gifts I bought would have to be gotten online and shipped directly to the recipient using a card I don't have... and also it would have been difficult for my match to send me a gift because of the cost of postage.

That is all. I will enter next year and give someone something authentically Czech.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

You didn't try to enter late last year and if you had you could have entered.
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat. I love doing this exchange, but too much of November slipped by before I thought to come back over from that other river to check for this thread. Soooo, about that entering late... [Smile]

Well, breyer, if you need anyone to jump in if someone drops out, or send something to someone who doesn't receive anything, let me know!

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
You didn't try to enter late last year and if you had you could have entered.

Maybe it was the year before? I do recall asking if I could join and being told I was too late... or something. I honestly don't recall.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

All I know is you didn't email. You may have posted, and someone, including myself might have said you were too late. But if you had emailed I would have done something to include you.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Yeah I didn't email probably. Anyway, the point is that this year I can't participate, but next year I plan to. That wasn't even really worth saying... never mind.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, next year, 'Coro, you'd better get me a knockout present. Even if I'm not your designated recipient. [Taunt]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Astaril:
Drat. I love doing this exchange, but too much of November slipped by before I thought to come back over from that other river to check for this thread. Soooo, about that entering late... [Smile]

Well, breyer, if you need anyone to jump in if someone drops out, or send something to someone who doesn't receive anything, let me know!

Will you be around Toronto/Waterloo area at all this Christmas, Polly? If so, we can have a mini-Hatrack gathering instead!
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Well, next year, 'Coro, you'd better get me a knockout present. Even if I'm not your designated recipient. [Taunt]

For you, I shall.
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
EL! How are ya? Yes, I will be around. I am living in KW still. I'll be heading north for a bit around Christmas, but I should be able to wrangle a way to meet up still. That would be fun!
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Have addresses gone out yet? The last e-mail said to expect one in a couple of days, but I haven't gotten it yet. I'm not trying to be pushy - just wondering.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You ought to have gotten your match by now. Email the festivus address and let breyerchic know that you didn't get your email.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

I got my match, but haven't gotten the address.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

No sorry, addresses haven't gone out.

I'll work on it tomorrow. I don't really want to give a list of excuses, but four people have died in the last week and a half, there have been other dramas too, and it's nearly finals. I will get it, but it has to be a monday or wednesday, those are the only days I'm free.

If you are ready to mail right now, email and I'll get you the address today. If not, I'll work on it tomorrow probably.

Derrell
Member # 6062

Don't worry about it. You've got enough to deal with.
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
At least we've got Turkey break coming around the corner [Wink]
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Everyone should have received an address by now.

Someone just told me to post: please email me if you want to send me a gift.

[ November 26, 2008, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Hatrack gift exchange

Everyone who signs up will be giving and receiving a gift. It’s lots of fun, last year we had 80 entries, let's make the 2007 goal 100 gifts given and recieved.

breyer - did you mean to say 2008 there, instead of 2007?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yeah, I did. I just pasted.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

It's in the mail. Now it's all up to the United States Postal Service.

This is fun.

Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I've sent off the first part of mine, via Amazon. Second half (personalized bit) will be out in a week or so, I imagine.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

The package has been mailed.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Packaged received! Thank you, Tante!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Go go package! May you arrive quickly and undamaged!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Shigosei:
Packaged received! Thank you, Tante!

[Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ludosti:
Go go package!

Been watching Inspector Gadget, have we? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by ludosti:
Go go package!

Been watching Inspector Gadget, have we? [Wink]
Nah, that's my inner cheerleader coming out (since having a baby my inner cheerleader has definitely found her voice). [The Wave] Yay package!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Yay! According to USPS.com, my package was delivered this morning. Now to just hope it wasn't mangled in its travels.... [Big Grin]
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes, I need to bust some butt and get mine mailed.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

Sent mine out today.

Should be there in a couple of days.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Female, 32, LDS, usual restrictions apply, but I can't imagine anyone sending me alcohol, anything coffee- or tea-related, or my own personal David Tennant anyway.
quote:
(Is David Tennant against the Word of Wisdom? Because if so, I'm in big trouble....)
If you want to get technical, alcohol isn't against the Word of Wisdom either -- drinking/consuming alcohol is against the WofW.

Likewise while David Tennant isn't against any particular commandment, Katie seems to imply that what she would likely do with her own personal David Tennant might be. Do you suppose she steal from him, bare false witness to him, covet his donkey? There are so many sinful possibilities.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think false witness is what would get bared . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for "covet his donkey." *leers*

Bridget recieved her package, but has not opened it yet-- we're going to let her and Emma open them at the same time. When I have her response I'll post it. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Sent! And so is Xavier's. I took over his.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Mine's sent too!
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my present.

Chocolate is so awesome.

Now I will soon send mine. I hope it will be loved.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

[Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for cannibalism. Because it's so difficult to eat meat sparingly.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

What do you guys think, should we start a "What I got" thread?

I'd start one, but I'm still awaiting my parcel.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.