FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange: If you haven't gotten a gift, read last page (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange: If you haven't gotten a gift, read last page
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't this thread just naturally transform into a 'what I got' thread?
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this one is fine, it's not insanely long. That way I don't have to look through two threads when finishing up the spreadsheets. Just keep posting in here.

Tante, maybe yours will get there soon. Go stand at your mailbox.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
But it's cold and rainy out. And I think I'm coming down with something. cough cough.

Maybe I'll get some chicken soup . . .

::waits by window::

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
::and bounces up and down as the postman leaves me a parcel::

It came! Thanks, breyerchic, for the fabulous clutch. Breyerchic is a talented knitter and weaver, and she made for me a fabulous felted clutch. It is the deepest shade of persimmon, square in shape, fully lined, with a zipper closure that has a mother-of-pearl fish pull. I don't know what fiber she used to knit it, but it has a wonderful, soft feel. Probably baby unicorn mane yarn, or something like it. I haven't yet decided what to keep in it, but I know that whenever I use it, I'll be thinking of you and the work you put into it.

Thanks, Sarah!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine!

Romanylass got me a soap stone animal, some lotion (which I go through a lot faster in Wyoming than I ever did in VA, so I'm sure it will be used promtply), a bunch of organic candy, and a green scarf that was so pretty I hung it on my wall.

It was all lovely! Thank you so much!

--Erica

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Merino Wool with a little baby unicorn, yeah.
When I knit it, I knit a spiral around it, but it doesn't show up now that I felted it. So remember that there are three spirals circling it.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I got my gift from TomD, it has two fun looking games, three neat skeins of yarn, some sort of trading cards, and candy! (I may have missed something and I'll go through it later).
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Emma's package arrived. I will let her and Bridget open their packages later today. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I didn't look carefully at the package-- it's not actually Emma's present from the exchange, it's from the family gift exchange.

I let Bridget open hers anyway. Emma will get over it. [Wink]

Bridget said, "OOOh, presents! OOOh, a game! OOOh, a books! OOOOh, kank you!" She loved the little notes on each item and wants to read the books and play the game RIGHT NOW. I'm not sure what her gifter's screen name was but she is very happy with them. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Jhai
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend mailed mine.

I hope it will be loved. It's my favourite thing right now.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got mine sent. Enjoy!
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got mine sent. The post office says it should get there in time, and Royal Mail is uncharacteristically efficient.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Ack. For some reason I thought the deadline was next week.

Good thing my local post office doesn't close until midnight. Off I go. . . .

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
So, I didn't look carefully at the package-- it's not actually Emma's present from the exchange, it's from the family gift exchange.

I let Bridget open hers anyway. Emma will get over it. [Wink]

Bridget said, "OOOh, presents! OOOh, a game! OOOh, a books! OOOOh, kank you!" She loved the little notes on each item and wants to read the books and play the game RIGHT NOW. I'm not sure what her gifter's screen name was but she is very happy with them. [Smile]

Glad to hear that Bridget liked the package! [Smile] I was hoping that you didn't have those particular children's books. The game should be good fun for her and Emma (and other little ones), and I know it was very helpful in teaching my niece and nephew how board games work (taking turns, being responsible in putting games away properly, etc).
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's in the mail as well! Only a day late, this time. [Smile] Fortunately, it got the quick shipping option, so no worries. Right?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Hank, I am glad you liked it.
That is my favorite "gift scarf" pattern.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops! I got confused on the deadline as well. But I'm going to try and get it out Wednesday and will put a rush on it.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Would anyone be interested in sending a gift to someone who didn't receive one last year? Email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com if so.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
My package came today!! Her Royal Heinzness decorated matching aprons for me and Beanie. [Big Grin] I love them! I've been looking forward to when Beanie is big enough to help me cook (since I love to cook) and now she will have a wonderful apron to wear. She especially liked the flower patches and had to carefully touch each one. I hung Beanie's in the kitchen so she can see it while she eats her dinner (until she's big enough to wear it, which should be in a few months). Thank you so much Bridget!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Bridget says, "You wellome!" [Smile] She was so excited to hear that you liked them.
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad called today and said that a package arrived from me! Yay [Smile] I'm excited to open it when I get home from school on Saturday!
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It came! Yay. [Smile]
Racingbird was clever enough to include gifts for the girls -- a "jingle bell," a grow-your-own-unicorn sponge, and a stuffed puppy -- that sent them into paroxysms of joy. Me, I got McCloud's Making Comics, which is the only one of his books I don't own (and which was an absolutely brilliant choice on her part.) I'm enjoying it immensely.

Thank you!

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
racingbird
Member # 8400

- posted      Profile for racingbird   Email racingbird         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you all liked the gifts, Tom. I thought the book looked interesting, and I wondered if you would have it.

I got my package this week, too. I loved all the little jars of honey and jams from Nebraska, and the boys were excited to get to open a present early. They were even happier when they were toy cars. [Smile]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
I got some amazing fudge and some chocolate chip cookie mix. I haven't made the cookies yet, but I'm looking forward to them.

Thank you!

Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
(Finally) sent! [Smile]

(And: heard from my brother in NJ that a package from Nebraska arrived for me, cool! [Cool] )

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
My recipient should have gotten hers by now! That's what the UPS guys said, at any rate.

I haven't gotten my gift yet, but I'm waiting with baited breath...

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Been eating cheese?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Gummy worms, which is what you need if you are hoping to bag some gummy fish.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
omg, I not only received a rainbow and skittles, but I received a rainbow MADE OUT OF skittles! Carrie wins for best gift ever. Plus I got some cool other stuff as well.

Carrie, I've read parts of Meditations, but not the whole thing so it was a very cool pick. The book itself is an awesome edition too. thanks so much!

p.s.-thanks for the warning on the glue, i was really tempted.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I received my package from Dark as Night (whose name I didn't immediately recognize, but I found we had an interesting discussion about India 11 months ago)! She sent me a bunch of really neat things - some gorgeous red (silk?) slippers that look East-Asian-inspired, and will be very nice wearing around on our non-carpeted floors, some handmade washcloths (crocheted?) that are much appreciated (as they give me an excuse to retire our old ones as rags for cleaning dog paws), and then a beautiful, flowery Russian dish and Russian magnet that looks like one of the nesting dolls. I didn't know that Dark as Night was Russian, but I really appreciate her sharing her heritage with us. [Smile] All practical AND pretty gifts - totally the best kind!
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ketchup Princess
Member # 7716

- posted      Profile for Ketchup Princess           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Therese,

Thank you for my new markers and my new notebook. And thank you for the cookies! I like the kitties on the notebook and my name on it so Bridget can't use it. I will share the cookies though. I promise not to eat them all myself. I love my presents and the box is pretty.

Love,

Emma

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I feel bad. I got mine what seems like ages ago, and things have been so busy I haven't gotten around to posting. Thank you VERY much Ludosti!!!

I got a full stocking this year (that my son thinks is the prettiest Christmas stocking he's ever seen). There was so much in it that I hope I can remember it all:

A book of card games (Yippee!!!)
A tin of Candy (More temptation)
Home-made Good smelling ornaments
and little backs of that good smelling stuff that I'm not going to even attempt to spell...

If I forgot anything, I'm sorry. It was all really wonderful, and so exciting! Thanks again!

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Emma,

YAY! I'm so glad you like it! I got some strange looks dropping your pink box off at the post office... I wanted to make sure you knew it was yours when you got it in the mail!
That is very kind of you to share the cookies!
Merry Christmas! [Big Grin]

Love,

Therese

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, Strider, I'm glad you like it! I have to admit, the rainbow of Skittles was a flash of genius - and it turning out so well was pure dumb luck. [Wink] I looked at a bunch of translations of Marcus Aurelius at bookstores and was way less than impressed with them, so seeing that one at the used bookstore was a steal. I hope you enjoy it!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
DDDaysh - I'm so glad you liked everything. I had fun finding things (and trying to make them all fit). [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine from Shanna yesterday. It's great! I got coffe and beignet mix from Cafe du Monde, Ghirardelli chocolates, and a gift cert to knitpicks.com!
THank you!!!!!

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I love knitpicks, great products! The knitting needles (and crochet hooks that should come out around February I think) are awesome! Their yarn is great too, especially some of it for the cost, but the needles are beyond comparison.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. I hope my gift got received

i do not want to get banned. My neighbour sent it ages ago....

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Darrell (Eek! I couldn't find the packaging, and now I'm not sure. I think it was Darrell, or was it someone who's name is Darrell but who's screenname isn't Darrell? ACK!)

Anyway, I love the calligraphy book I recieved. Very pretty hand (Copperplate italic), if I ever get good enough to pull it off.

Also, I think my person might recieve their gift late. I am so, so so so sorry, but it'll probably be a new years gift rather than Christmas. Hopefully the sheer awesomeness of the gift (mwahahaha) will offset its lateness.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you liked it.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no, it's DErrell! I got it totally wrong! [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
My gift arrived today! Thank you so much, ketchupqueen!! I promptly tore it all open, grinning madly the whole time. I love the journal, it's so delicate and pretty! And the cookies and brittle are delicious and if they ask very, very nicely I might share a piece with my family. Heehee. My fiance agrees with you about peanuts, so he's probably going to steal lots of the brittle when I'm not looking. Or when I am looking. He's kind of shameless that way.

Thank you! What a great way to start my day!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Strider! I received my gift on Friday, but have been a bit busy since then. I absolutely loved it! It's like you know me or something. [Smile] I am really looking forward to listening to the Radiohead discs. I went to their show in Seattle this year, and like every other Radiohead show I've been to, it was awesome.

I am really glad you sent me Foundation because I keep putting off reading it and now I have no excuse. I know I'm going to love it, and then have to read all of the series. Well, I guess now is the time. Also thanks for your notes on House of Leaves. I'll have to reread it because it's been a few years since I last read it, and honestly I have a very vague memory of it. Other than I loved it.

Also included were a neat Christmas star ornament, some local postcards, and a really beautiful Asian influenced box. Thanks again! [Big Grin]

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm glad you like them! My kids had fun eating the cookies and brittle, too. I hope you or someone in your family can use the tin for something when it's empty. I figured consumable was a good way to go but I just couldn't pass up that cute snowman.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Luet, i was a bit worried it wouldn't get there before the weekend and I knew you were going away, so I'm glad it made it on time. I couldn't imagine a worse fate than to be labeled as a crappy secret santa! [Smile]

I did a little post searching to help direct my ideas, I hadn't seen you mention Foundation so figured I'd give it a shot. I'm psyched you haven't read it(so my gift is useful) but shocked at the same time(have you been living in a cave?), so get to it!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I got my package yesterday, all the way from the UK! Thanks, Eaquae Legit! It had a lovely scarf in it.

(Coincidentally, yesterday I also bought tickets for a trip to the UK this summer. So, uhh, any suggestions, speaking as a local?)

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

I'm so glad it arrived! I was worried about the international post deadlines. (I'm not much help with planning UK travel, unless you're heading to North Yorkshire.)

Merry Christmas!

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Niki and Phil!

Cool stuff =

-- Big bottle of Nebraska-brewed root beer. In a blue glass bottle. With a cork!!!! Ah, the sophistication of using a corkscrew to open a root beer bottle, and sipping root beer from champagne glasses... [Cool]
-- Quite scrumptious chocolate-covered cherries.
-- And several jelly samplers waiting for tomorrow's bagels [Smile]

Yeah!! Thanks!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
We are so glad you liked everything! I knew the root beer would be a hit.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.