FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Can See God’s Sense of Humor All Over This (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I Can See God’s Sense of Humor All Over This
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Go anywhere? The weekend a week before Pesach (Passover)? Riiighhht.

Maybe if I run out of Formula 409. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe if I run out of Formula 409.
Yeah, or lamb's blood for the lintel.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Nah, that takes the same amount every year. [Wink]

Actually, I found Hatrack last year, when I was avoiding cleaning for Pesach . . . [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

*giggles a lot*

This is FUN! Thanks y'all, and good luck [Smile]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you work at it, you could do your 6000th landmark during Pesach this year.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah: dkw, have you made eggplant ice cream for Bob yet? [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

And if I really work at it, I could hit 6000 in time for my first Hatrack-versary. [Big Grin]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo, plaid, good idea! And would you believe I still have roasted eggplant in the freezer?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Count me as another person who was completely taken by surprise by this! Dkw, Bob, this is *fantastic*! Two of my favorite people I've never met getting together--what could be better?

I've been smiling about this all morning!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried to post here to express how surprised and happy I am for you guys before, but it never really worked.

This is so cool. [Big Grin] Congrats, you two!

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Cool] [Hat]
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, at least dkw's town has a gas station. I think you need to re-read the city jatraqueros adventures coming home from Dana's to get a better impression of the area...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

She's been sort of easing me into the thing gently. The fact that her "big" town has fewer than 700 people didn't really sink in the first few times I heard it. I've been making bad jokes about having to "run over to Mt. Pilot" every time you need something.

<2 points to whoever can 'splain that reference>

<it's an easy one, so only 2 points>

Shoot, the entire town could fit inside a small movie theater with seats to spare. When I'm on travel, I probably physically bump into more people walking across an airport terminal than they have in this town.

It is a frightening idea.

The smallest town I've EVER lived in had over 50,000 people in it. This place is two orders of magnitude smaller.

[Angst]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Say hello to Floyd the Barber.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

+2 to Storm.

I'm more worried about Otis, the town drunk.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah -- Otis!

We met him when AJ & I went down to the gas station/store in town to buy a pop. He's harmless.

*snicker*

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Yayayayayayay!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Congratulations both of you! I was wondering if you were dating each other right from the start... but then I've been in Manchester for three days and when I got onto Hatrack I looked at the other thread first and then had to come back and look at this one... you crazy crazy wind up merchants!
*is vicariously twitterpated*

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, let me try this again, since my first post just disappeared somewhere in cyberspace.

Dana and Bob, this is just the best news I've heard in ages. God not only has a great sense of humor, but is a pretty darn good matchmaker as well.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread illustrates the problem with working while at work. Can't believe I am just now reading it. I'm so happy for you two! In fact, I'm so happy that for the first time ever, I am bestowing a second Big Right On on a single thread. Woo hoo!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I just told my mom about Dana. She's thrilled!

I mentioned the age thing to her and her response was pretty funny. She was trying to say that I'm "young at heart" but clearly what she meant is that she simply assumed Dana was more mature than I am, and I had to admit that this was probably true. And that, in fact, I'm counting on it being true.

[Big Grin]

Dana! You've got another fan!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

20 days...
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got 15. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well touch you!

(congrats!)

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I posted on this thread and left it be... I come back and, WOW!

Congrats guys, you make a great couple! [Big Grin]
[Party]

And mack, what's your 15 days?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Bob... dating someone you met over the internet. You must be geeky. [Razz]

By the way, can you shoot an e-mail my way? john AT grenme.com

I had something to ask ya. [Smile]

Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't YOU like to know.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I avoided most threads while writing the landmark, so I totally missed out on this.

CONGRATULATIONS!

[Party]

My fiance and I were long distance for almost 2 years. Our phone bills were horrendous until unlimited long-distance plans came out.

Now I'm all sappy about love, so

CONGRATULATIONS!

again.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, I would like to know: that's why I asked. [Razz]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm going through dkw withdrawals. It's been almost 21 hours since we hung up the phone. [Cry]
mackillian
Member # 586

*pat pat*
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww....Bob! I remember being like that when I was dating. My family said it was because I was young, but I think they were full of it.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

They were just jealous. [Wink]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

PSI, I remember being like this when I was 19. I'm 45 now. I'm supposed to be trading bon mots with the guys down that the country club while Muffy (my "perfect society wife") takes tennis lessons from some guy that looks like a blonde Yanni.

Okay, so I lead a rich fantasy life.

As it is, I'm mainly surprised that I can be this "smitten" with someone. That it's someone who deserves it is just amazing.

I haven't talked this much on the phone with a woman since my my last parole interview. [Big Grin]

Could I really be THIS lucky?

mackillian
Member # 586

Bob, PLEASE don't leave openings like that.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Why Miss Mackillian, whatever do you mean?
mackillian
Member # 586

exactly.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

What?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Bob, stop flirting with the non-dkws... There's a one Jatraquera limit, bub.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

o_0

I'm not flirting... I'm honestly clueless and mystified. What the HECK is Mack talking about???

Sheesh!!!

mackillian
Member # 586

Gettin' lucky. I mean, DUH. [Wall Bash]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

What? I am getting lucky. I don't see how that's...oh...
uh,...

[Blushing]

Okay, you meant I shouldn't say it's luck when really it's more like God's plan or something.

Sorry. I'm new to all this religious stuff. You think God might get upset because I said His machinations were really just me getting lucky?

Is that what you meant?

'CUZ I KNOW you weren't just making some tawdry sex reference that would violate the sanctity of this thread!!! [Razz]

[Big Grin]

[Evil Laugh]

mackillian
Member # 586

It's not like I'm CT. [Wink]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Big Grin]
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob said:

quote:
I'm 45 now.
This is great! As one of the oldest people around here, I've been looking for a way to describe my age! I've considered "older than dirt," "older than Moses," and a variety of others that have been unsatisfactory for one reason or another.

From now on when referring to my age, I'll just use "OTB" - Older Than Bob.

[Big Grin]

Just want to say again that I am very happy for both you and Dana - I think it's great when life can surprise us by screwing up our plans in a good way. [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, sndrake, I'm older than Bob. [Wink]

And I am willing to bet I am older than you, too. [Big Grin]

quote:
Actually, I found Hatrack last year, when I was avoiding cleaning for Pesach . . .
rivka, that's hilarious. [ROFL]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ela, how sad is it that it's also true? [Wink] Until last March, I didn't even go online many days -- not even to check email! The computer was sometimes off for days at a time. [Eek!] Then I found Hatrack, and my other forums, and well . . .

At least the Pesach cleaning did get done. Eventually. [Razz]

sndrake, I've always been partial to the word "antediluvian" -- it just rolls off the tongue. [Big Grin]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's not like I'm CT.
Hey! I'm just chronically misunderstood.

*wounded look

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

No, no, you are chronically UNDERstood. [Razz]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I'm also old, too. I have a serious chunkola of grey hair.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.