FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Can See God’s Sense of Humor All Over This (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I Can See God’s Sense of Humor All Over This
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I admit it. Everytime I think of you two young lovers, I start to get all smiley and giggly at my desk.

No pressure, but I hope really really hard that this works out for you two.

"Oh, to be young and in love."

"No my friend. Just to be in love, for when one is in love, one is young."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, what Dan_raven said. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew they had gotten together a couple times when they happened to be in the same place at the same time.

However, I was thrown off by Dana's long ago assertion that Bob couldn't ask her to marry him on their first meeting. I mean it was joking of course but I thought that she was serious too, and then her singleness thread.

I figured it was someone in Minnesota or something.

Now I see hints of it all over the place!

happy twitterpation...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope you will tell us more... when you're ready of course.

IMHO, he is truly a lucky man.

Very tricksy of you, Bob. Congratulations to the both of you! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No pressure, but I hope really really hard that this works out for you two.
If it doesn't work, at least one of us would have to leave Hatrack in utter disgrace and embarrassment.

You don't call that pressure?????!!! [Eek!]

I mean, I've got the post count thing going for me, but Dana is actually useful here.

[Big Grin]

Anyway, thanks Dan.

U2 Vana. [Big Grin]

Dana had some stuff to deal with (she's actually working, unlike me) so I'm not sure if she can pop in to see all these nice wishes right now... But I'm sure she'll be back later.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei... I was actually trying to get her to describe how mushy she is about me, but for some reason, it didn't work. [Razz]

I am a very lucky guy, though. I'm not sure I deserve it (or deserver it as Dan so eloquently put it [Razz] ) but I'm not about to stop just because I don't feel worthy.

I'll just have to try to live up to my potential from here on out.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time a couple of uber-Jatraqueros combined their powers!

(No offense to other couples who have met here.)

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack love! What a great thing.... Congrats!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If it doesn't work, at least one of us would have to leave Hatrack in utter disgrace and embarrassment.

I was wondering when you'd figure that part out. [Smile]

Now, I'm wondering if you'll figure out of the rest of it - the part that being a gentleman, etc. dictates about just who that will be. [Wink]

(Don't mean to make too much light of it - been in analagous situations myself. Took some risks when I followed my heart with Diane.)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

sndrake:

JOKING ANSWER: I'd get all the fluff threads and she'd get all the serious ones.

But the truth is we're not worrying about it.

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Posable_Man tried to clue me in. But when he kept putting his hands to his heart, then putting them together and bowing his head and then pointing to the NorthEast, I thought that he was saying that he was praying for Boston Red Sox fans whose hearts had been broken by the A-Rod trade.

My mistake. May your relationship flourish and grow like a last post thread.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But the truth is we're not worrying about it.
I figured as much. My post was more reflective of "end of the day" lack of impulse control than anything else.

Like everyone else so far, it's nice to see two neat people find each other. Can't speak for others, but I don't think any farther than that.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
See what happens when I get out of the loop? First thing you know, everything just goes to ...

...wait...

This is a good thing.

Nevermind. Carry on.

(But not too much).

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, since I was raised a Mormon, I don't have any godparents who spoil and indulge me. But there's nothing in my theology that preculdes the idea. So you know, if you two are up for it, the position is open...
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was actually trying to get her to describe how mushy she is about me, but for some reason, it didn't work.
I am as mushy as the slush and mud in my front yard after a three-day thaw.

Not a particularly romantic metaphor, but it’s the one that popped to mind. I just walked through it. [Razz]

I’m glad you guys know. It was hard having something so important going on and not telling Hatrack. Thank you all for making this forum the kind of place we both liked so much that we hung around long enough to fall for each other. [Cool]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*runs in circles*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to break my own rule and use an animated smilie here:

[Eek!]

I had no clue. But then again, I'm the gullible one.

Does this mean that we can have another Harack spring romance meme? Yay! Kisses all around!

Now you both will be receiving invitations to the secret "Hatrack Couples Only" parties. Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack Spring o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be all for a hatrack spring romance theme... it'd be a nice change from my normal theme...

[Grumble]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*echoes need for jaw-drop smilie*

If only Papa Moose kept persevering at this thread... Right idea, wrong hatracker!

Congratulations Bob & Dana! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I didn't see this thread till the cat was already out of the bag.

I have just one thing to say: [Big Grin]

[Party]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Hmm... how 'bout it, mack? How far a drive are you from NJ?
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

About four hours. *waits*
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Done and done.
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

So, when you drivin' down?

[Taunt]

mackillian
Member # 586

*raises eyebrow*
mackillian
Member # 586

March 20th. *runs in circles*
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Seriously? [Eek!]

::runs around cleaning up::

mackillian
Member # 586

Yeah, I'm visiting Jexx, didn't I tell you?
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

You're *both* coming?

But... um... jexx is married, no? [Confused]

Jeez... didn't know I was such a hot commodity...

No pressure, though... none at *all*... [Angst]

mackillian
Member # 586

[Eek!]

More like, if I go down to NYC and don't see Jexx at some point, I will be shot. And Mr. Jexx is in the ARMY. o_O

However, you are not. How messy IS your room?

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
... ...
... ... ...

[Eek!] !

That's so great you two! (As the dots indicate, I'm speechless [Big Grin] )

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
-.-. --- -. --. .-. .- - ..- .-.. .- - .. --- -. ... --..-- /  -... --- - .... /  --- ..-. /  -.-- --- ..- /  .. /  -.. --- -. .----. - /  -.- -. --- .-- /  .-- .... .- - /  - --- /  ... .- -.--

yes, the dots indicate that I'm speechless as well. [Smile]

[Kiss] Hobbes [Kiss]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*picks jaw off of floor*

My jaw actually dropped, it's never actually done that before.

[Eek!] [Big Grin]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh, the hatrack fuzzies will be coming out in force.

<puts on studded leather jacket and wears some sunglasses at night>

Okay, I can take it now.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*sings*

Spring is here, spring is here!
Life is skittles, life is beer.
I think the loveliest time of the year is the spring.
I do, don't you? 'Course you do.
But there's one thing that makes spring complete for me,
And makes ev'ry Sunday a treat for me.

All the world seems in tune
On a spring afternoon . . . ♫

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Is rivka twitterpated? o_O
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
If anything can kick Hatrack out the serious part of its Cycle, this development is a prime candidate!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*giggles* Nah, just happy for those who are.

And *snickering* at those who clearly don't know the next few lines (or the title) of the song . . . [Evil]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Why don't you LOG ONTO AIM and TELL me?
rivka
Member # 4859

*cackles*

'Cuz this is way more fun!

*flees*

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to come in to find out why this is the Brazil nut in tonight's thread mix, and Whoa!

Now I'll have to go see if we can figure out who Derrell is with.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Cry]
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone already threaten to dobie: I can see Bob's sense of humor all over this?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

mack, Google is your friend! [Wink]

10 points for the first person to post the next two lines and/or the title of the song!

On your mark, get set, GO! [Big Grin]

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

That's great, pooka!

[Laugh]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
"Poisoning pigeons in the park"
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*awards 10 points to Shigosei* [Hat]

[Big Grin]

See, mack, not twitterpated -- and I have plans for those who twitter too much . . . [Evil]

mackillian
Member # 586

Get on AIM, I'll show YOU.
rivka
Member # 4859

Pfft. Threats aren't going to do it, mack. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.