FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Applications to Be a Hatrack Horseman of the Apocalypse (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Applications to Be a Hatrack Horseman of the Apocalypse
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- Procrastination

And now I need to get back to finishing up my freelance writing contract...

...and filling out my bracket.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
I figured out Marshmallowness, but the identity of the comic genius behind Greed and America Online escaped me. For a Seven Deadly Sin dropout, Greed was really good. And you've got to admit that America Online is a fell and fearsome foe.

Ah, sweet Procrastination! You made the decision very hard. If only there had been more openings for Horsemen!

[This message has been edited by Sarcasm (edited March 18, 2003).]

Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey FC, filling them out for the hatrack fantasy game? Over at Yahoo? Hint, hint. I bumped the thread. Join!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! I was going to guess Icarus then realized that Sarcasm already did.

Anyone chance a guess at who I was?

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

- posted      Profile for Lust   Email Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, I don't really feel compelled to divulge my real persona.

Oh, okay...

I'm Marilyn Monroe.

PSYCH!

*one seductive pose after another*

[This message has been edited by Lust (edited March 18, 2003).]

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Myr, Fluff?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Naaaah, that's Ick. I'm not nearly so hilarious.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

I knew I liked Icarus.

Who was Fine Print?

rindlord
Member # 4877

- posted      Profile for rindlord           Edit/Delete Post 
please i need a job

(whimpers) (looks down at a bottle of whiskey, it looks like its back to the good ol drink)

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
<---Insomnia
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Heresy
Irony
Sophistry
Chaos
(Mods feel free to delete these if you need to do so for any reason.)

If I had picked the Four, for Hatrack, it would have been Fluff, Procrastination, Addiction, and AOL.

RightWingCrud, LiberalNavelGazing and Religion would come close runnersup though, had they run.

Funniest joke on this thread:
Q: Can I be Ineptitude?
A: Depends. Are you any good at it?

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism
Member # 4836

- posted      Profile for Onanism           Edit/Delete Post 
Psh...like any group would be cool without me. Especially since you didn't even think to bring Lust along.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Kayla - that was me.

I am also Apoc.

enjeeo
Member # 2336

Yeah, another fab Hatrack FoTA would be Onanism, Meme, LandmarkPost and FarewellThread.
Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Myr, Fluff and Fine Print were my favorites.

enjeeo, I agree, that was the funniest joke on the thread.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I was ISM. That was it. I definately was no one els but ISM. I am not in any way related to or take on the persona of any other character here, especially any pink light saber swishing sith sissy.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

- posted      Profile for Lust   Email Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon, Onanism...you and I need to go start our own apocalypse.

It'll be the best time anyone's ever had being completely annihilated!

[ March 19, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Lust ]

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Next, the 7 Icecream of the Apocalypse

Imagine lust with whipped cream and a cherry. Yummy
Greed in a cone?
Two scoops of Sloth please.

[ March 19, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

[Embarrassed]

That's why I also applied for the position of Ineptitude. [Big Grin]

Your response made me think you didn't know who I was...

[Smile]

This thread was fun! Something new under the sun...how long before we see its like again?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I was Lust. [Smile]

This thread was fun, Icarus...someone needs to come up with a new one!

*mmmm...Lustcream...*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys. I'm glad I could provide a little fun in the midst of so many serious threads. I'll see what I can do about starting something else like it.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

quote:
*mmmm...Lustcream...*
I feel like that should be added to the 'Gah!' thread. Argh, my eyes! My eyes! The wrongness! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
In a cruel twist of fate, I missed the deadline to submit my NCAA bracket to my group on espn.com.

Damnit. I just had to register Procrastination... [Frown]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Where's Irony when you need her?

Some people still haven't fessed up and told everyone who they were. I'm dying to know.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Deep Despair, Jon Boy.

But obviously not despairing enough (sniff, sob, poor me)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I was Boredom. Because, well, I was bored. *nods* Yes, that should explain it.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh.

Procrastination showed up on the first page.

Meanwhile, I registered under the name Self Promotion, but never got around to using it.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Hey! I thought Self Promotion was my thing!
Deirdre
Member # 4200

Well, it could be.

For a price.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shameless Self-Promotion
Member # 4919

- posted      Profile for Shameless Self-Promotion   Email Shameless Self-Promotion         Edit/Delete Post 
Who needs you? I've got me.
Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

I'd even throw in my other nick, Jon Boy Must Be Stopped, for free.

[Big Grin]

Edited for misleading advertising

[ March 21, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Deirdre ]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Huh?
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
bump
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

bump one more time. No, I'm not Fluff, but if you haven't read this thread a quote like this from Ralphie...
quote:
With a name like "rindlord" you're the Horseman of Deep-fried Chunks of Pork Skin.
I think you horsemen should let him in.

...should convince you to read the whole darn thing. I've been laughing my head off at it tonight. I think I'm going to print it out.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasm, I would be a way better horseperson than you.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dannyXcore
Member # 5332

- posted      Profile for dannyXcore   Email dannyXcore         Edit/Delete Post 
Eschatology is WAAAAAAAAAAAY cool!! ^_^

I'd rather not be a Horseman of the Apocolypse....but maybe a nice, sheltered sky-box type seat to watch the whole thing from? I mean, really...someone's gonna hafta take notes for next time....

Posts: 146 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

The Apocalypse is not a Spectator Sport.

Its more like Rugby for everyone.

Satyagraha
Member # 3072

- posted      Profile for Satyagraha   Email Satyagraha         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops! Sorry, thought that this was the 'Suffering for what you believe in thread'. Didn't mean to wander into the 'Causing suffering' thread.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Icarus, I found the Horsemen of the Apocalypse thread!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Ah, the memories. [Smile]
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't you be posting as Sarcasm? [Dont Know]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Happy now?
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
No. [Razz]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Good.
Narnia
Member # 1071

I thought of this thread yesterday when I used "Sarcasm" in the nameology thread.

I LOVE this thread!! [Big Grin]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, fond memories.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

I haven't seen Ethics Gradient (aka Cynicism) around in forever. I wonder if we should take applications for a new horseman.
gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to point out that I have been running rampant even before this thread was created.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

*pat pat*

Yes, that's nice. Kudos to you.

gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
What, no trophy? I want a trophy! And health benefits!

I could tell so many horrible stories about you to the other riders if you don't take me now.

[ April 18, 2005, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: gossip ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.