FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Applications to Be a Hatrack Horseman of the Apocalypse (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Applications to Be a Hatrack Horseman of the Apocalypse
Addiction
Member # 4846

- posted      Profile for Addiction           Edit/Delete Post 
Whether or not you all become horsemen, you will never be able to leave Hatrack without much therapy...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boredom
Member # 4837

- posted      Profile for Boredom           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I could make them leave.

The same topics, over and over and over . . .
The same opinions, reworded only slightly . . .
The same people doing the same things, because there's nothing else to do . . .

You are no match for me, Addiction. No match at all.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, you guys are REALLY starting to get lame now. In fact, you seem way to desperate.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism
Member # 4836

- posted      Profile for Onanism           Edit/Delete Post 
You serious?!

'Cause I don't like other people jerking my chain.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 4819

- posted      Profile for Apocalypse           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If Lust and I join forces, can we be considered for the position as one, hideous, two-headed monster of a rider?

Is that what they call it these days...?

Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, you guys are all so good, I don't know how I'll ever be able to pick just two of you . . .
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been playing attention...how has Sarcasm automatically received a spot in the Four? He seems hardly qualified...my little sister is better at sarcasm.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Well, your mom is obviously better at sarcasm, too. I mean, she had you, right?

[This message has been edited by Sarcasm (edited March 15, 2003).]

Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

*cringe*

That was bad.

Does anyone here have the authority to revoke his sarcasm privelages?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spite
Member # 4818

- posted      Profile for Spite           Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong, Frisco, sad you didn't get the name first? Poor thing. Would you like some grapes? They're a little sour.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Pssh...you're marginally better at spite than he is at sarcasm.

What low standards we hold our Riders to...

*Waits patiently for Bob to register Death by Laughter*

Lust
Member # 4817

- posted      Profile for Lust   Email Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this "Frisco" person is only posting so he can get some pointers from Onanism and I.

Too many long, lonely nights...

Sarcasm got his Horseman badge by default. Doesn't mean the more powerful of us couldn't de-throne him.

I assure you, it would be a pleasant experience for all concerned....

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DEEP DESPAIR
Member # 4838

- posted      Profile for DEEP DESPAIR           Edit/Delete Post 
It just doesn't matter because in the end we will all be ashes. Less than ashes. Less than wet, moldy, slimy ashes.

Not any one of us is ever going to make the cut. None of us will ever be a horseman.

We have nothing.

We are nothing.

I think it would be better if I just began to remove the worst parts . . . .

*Extracts rusty serrated knife and places lightly against left ankle, tears running down cheeks sunken and pale*

Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Screw this. Sarcasm, just choose already.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

I reserve the rights to Talking Fish. Can't access it from this computer. Im at a friends house. But Talking Fish is mine. I am the talking fish of the apocalypse.
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Before any final decision is made, I must consult with my associate, Cynicism. We will have a decision shortly.
Redskullvw
Member # 1549

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come now,

My appearence on Hatrack is justification for at least granting me pestilance as my mount. It must be some sort of sign that the end is near for me to even be looking at Hatrack.

Then again half the people on Ornery consider me to be evil incarnate.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talking Fish
Member # 4855

- posted      Profile for Talking Fish           Edit/Delete Post 
My resume:

http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,915125,00.html

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasm, isn't it right about time for a comment from you about fish riding horses?
Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fluff
Member # 4835

- posted      Profile for Fluff           Edit/Delete Post 
BUMP!

BUMP!
BUMP!
BUMP!

BUMP!
BUMP!

teehee....

Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spite
Member # 4818

Well aren't you just all that and a fluffernutter.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure that Sarcasm will be on soon to pick the other horsemen (he says sarcastically), but I do believe that all of you have done exceedingly well. I think we have enough bonafide contenders to make a Calvary of the Apocalypse.

For those not chosen, may I suggest staying around as a backup group. You know, "Four Men of the Apocalypse and the pips." type thing? That way if one of them is unable to serve...

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Or you know, if I'm not chosen, they could just obey my every whim. I am the Anti-Chris after all. Apocalyptic ruling is something I'm just well known for.
Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I admit it, it's my fault the results aren't posted yet. But no one ever specified "which" saturday, now did they. I say they should get a whole extra week, or two...

...or six.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

quote:
Sarcasm, isn't it right about time for a comment from you about fish riding horses?
We need a Talking Fish of the Apocalypse like a fish needs a . . . err . . . horse. Or something.

Cynicism
Member # 4804

- posted      Profile for Cynicism           Edit/Delete Post 
The hard part will be actually finding enough decent applicants to even have to do any deciding.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 4819

The Anti-Chris has got a point. Technically I can't happen without him.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DEEP DESPAIR
Member # 4838

- posted      Profile for DEEP DESPAIR           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh wellllll -

*gusty sigh*

Not a one of us will ever be chosen, anyhow.

When the end of the world draws near,
nary a horseman will be found
just black, bleak
hopeless
despair.

*Long, drawn-out, wailing sobs - clanking of chains - beating of fists against chest*

Why did I ever bother to apply.
So hopeless
so horrible
so - so - so
final.

*Pathetic slumping of pain-wracked body over table coated with half-smoked cigarettes and lined shot glasses*

*Faint snore*

Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasm
Hee hee...I was thinking more along the lines of 'Yeah, because a fish can really ride a horse. '

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talking Fish
Member # 4855

- posted      Profile for Talking Fish           Edit/Delete Post 
We ride horses very well.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

*pouts in a sexy manner because she wants to know who won*

*pout*

*pout*

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cynicism
Member # 4804

Patience is a virtue.

Which means your lack of it is extra points for you. Ha.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

*smirks sexily*

It's all part of the ensemble, darling. All part of the ensemble...

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Meme should apply, since everything is memes anyway, right DavidBowles? If I had a better grasp of memes, I might apply under the Meme name (unless DB has it locked). Happily, I am a "bear of very little brain" so I won't concern myself with that.

Also, I think an Indignance should apply, perhaps saying, "HorseMEN?? Well, I guess I don't qualify, since I have *ovaries*." Maybe that would go better under the name Political Correctness, yes, I think that would be a better Apocalyptic Horserider.

Again, my little brain prevents me from applying.

Reminds me, perhaps there should be a "False Modesty" application as well.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cynicism
Member # 4804

Political Correctness is the Apocalypse.
Apocalypse
Member # 4819

And that, my fine Horeman and/or Horsewoman and/or Horserider*, is why Fine Print is so necessary.

*the relative order of these possibilities is not in any way conducive to the importance of the aforementioned terms.

Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Apparently Cynicism isn't taking his calling very seriously. Hey! Cynicism! Did you fall down a well or something? Can you please do your job for once?

Also, I'd just like to say that I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any contestants with names like Cockeyed Optimism. That would've been cool.

[This message has been edited by Sarcasm (edited March 17, 2003).]

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently Lust wants this over quickly. That seems a bit surprising.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Humility'
Member # 4863

- posted      Profile for 'Humility'           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I didn't originally apply, because I wanted to be fair to all the "little" sins, vices, and other horseman-wannabes out there. Rather selfless of me, I thought, since I'd obviously just blow any of them out of the water.

But jexx, if my adoring and faithful fans demand it... then here I am.

Qualifications? *Inadvertantly* starting countless internet flame wars, since others obviously weren't mature enough to handle my responses.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trolling
Member # 4864

- posted      Profile for Trolling           Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me? I was starting flame wars when you were still trying to figure out the difference between the power button and your own *******. Give you a hint: one's on the computer, the other isn't.

Yeah, I'll apply for this lame-*** position, even though it doesn't look like the current horsemen are ever going to actually decide. Maybe you should get 'Humility' to give you some computer lessons.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISM
Member # 4865

- posted      Profile for ISM   Email ISM         Edit/Delete Post 
I am ISM.

I am the father of Patriotism, Tribalism, Catholisism, Schism and ten thousand other artificial divisions that divide the house of man.

I am the grandfather of War.
War is the father of Pestilence and Famine.
War is the stepfather of Death.
So all the old horsemen are my kin.

Whereever some person or group of people want to set themselves out as above mortal kind, or set some one else out as beneath contempt--they call on me and my children.

They all suffer from Egotism.

You two who are choosing the horsemen are my children as well. Bow down before my power and let me in.

Spite
Member # 4818

I don't believe in isms. I just believe it me.

ha!

Lust
Member # 4817

Too bad Irony didn't say that, zgator, or it might actually be funny.

But I tease. *in a sexy manner* I only want it over and done with so i can move on to something else.

Procrastination
Member # 4821

I take the delay as a pretty clear declaratoin of my Horseman status. Even if I'm not chosen, I've proven I can affect two, if not all four of the riders.

Unfortunately, this means we'll never actually get around to the Apocalypse...

...certainly not this month. We've got March Madness brackets to fill out!

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Proc, I didn't think you filled yours out until some time in April.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CanadianHumor
Member # 4868

- posted      Profile for CanadianHumor   Email CanadianHumor         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I join? for my application see Kids in The Hall, Rick Mercer, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Steve Smith aka Red Green, This Hour Has Twenty Two Minutes, etc.

As well one of the Monty Python Animators was canadian, and that would make him decisively evil neh?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Celine Dion... she's Canadian, and if she's not a complete joke, I don't know what is.

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
[shameless] Go go page 5! [/shameless]
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Procrastination
Member # 4821

No, no, March Madness is one of my best contributions to the world... hours upon hours of vegging in front of a couch during games, and hours and hours of ranking teams and filling out brackets when the games aren't on and you should be working. Office pools, online polls, fridge brackets... these things just crop up in my wake, while I'm on my way to the fridge to get some Polly-O.

Besides, you technically have up until the last shot of the championship game to really finish your bracket... or is it until the scores are posted in the paper the next morning... I always forget.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.