FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Applications to Be a Hatrack Horseman of the Apocalypse (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Applications to Be a Hatrack Horseman of the Apocalypse
Marshmallowness
Member # 4870

- posted      Profile for Marshmallowness           Edit/Delete Post 
If I must...

I just love this thread. It is such a testimony to Hatrack's intrinsic greatness. All the people on this thread deserve a hug--no, make that cookies. I love you all!

(((everyone)))

I am so impressed by your wit, grace, charm, and overall coolness. And Sarcasm, hooray to you for starting such a great thread! Thanks for posting everyone. It's been a great read.

Only, I wish you could be a teensy bit funnier.

But other than that, you're all simply fabulous. I'm so glad I know you!

And for good measure!!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, boy. I really asked for that one, didn't I? That's all we need. The other contestants were little more than Seven Deadly Sin dropouts. This really is the end of the world, isn't it?
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

- posted      Profile for Lust   Email Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
*yawn* I'm getting very bored, very quickly. Should I expect an answer within the next millennium? Or shall we just consider this a lost cause?
Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have you know that Talking Fish and myself are NOT 7 deadly sin wannabe's.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 4819

- posted      Profile for Apocalypse           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, now.

I plan on happening with or without the Hatrack Horsemen.

::evil cackle::

Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Sorry for the holdup, but it appears that somebody (*glares at Cynicism*) can't be bothered to check his email.
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

I've been reduced to posting on other threads!! Well, not really reduced...it's more like I'm "spreading the love."

You can take that last statement however you'd like...

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evil
Member # 4830

- posted      Profile for Evil           Edit/Delete Post 
You people really let this thread go to waste.

Look...it's obvious that none of you could ever exist without me. You cannot sin without evil intentions. You cannot have an Anti-Christ without evil. I am the embodiment of all negativity, I am the father of every applicant in this thread.

In fact, being a horseman would be wasting my talents. I will be the general of the four horseman, and you will like it.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

Yes, but what doting father wouldn't want his children to be greater than him?

I think I've accomplished that in spades.

*poses seductively*

Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Do I need to point out that once we Horsemen have done our job and brought about the end of the world, all evil will be destroyed? Please tell me you knew that. I mean, I know Evil is bad, but that's just dumb.
Evil
Member # 4830

Lust, go to your room.

And you BETTER be happy that you don't have to share a room with Onanism.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

Do you REALIZE how many times I've had to share a room with freakin' Onanism? We're practically common law by now!
Evil
Member # 4830

Haven't you seen the movie Spaceballs?

Good is dumb.

And one of my offspring advocating for the triumph of good...tell me, sarcasm, where did you go wrong?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey dad, aren't you responsible for those as well?

http://www.jesus21.com/poppydixon/product/pan
ties/panties.html

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Me, your offspring? You wish you were that cool. My question is where did you go right?
Lust
Member # 4817

Keep it in your pants, young man.

AND in your own thread!!

*is appalled by the shameless self-promotion. One would think you were Jon Boy or something*

Evil
Member # 4830

Ah...I remember when I was a rebellious teenager. I miss those days.

Ah...WWJD indeed, T, WWJD indeed...

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Jon Boys ego and my ego are pretty huge. My ego's much bigger though.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My ego's much bigger though.
True dat, T. Even with multiple usernames, I can't keep up with your rabid posting habits. However, I only pretend to have a big ego. It's really just an act to cover up the insecure little boy inside of me.

Oops. Did I say that out loud? Oh well.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Humility'
Member # 4863

- posted      Profile for 'Humility'           Edit/Delete Post 
You people... egotism like that sickens me. I pride myself on my ability to keep my ego in check; hell, I'm the humblest person I know. I'm a veritable KING of modesty!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well played, humility.

Did you mean YOUR multiple user names or MY multiple user names? Remember: I've been getting hits on a couple different nicks now too.

Not that post count matters or anything.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

The close proximity of the prepositional phrase "with multiple usernames" to the subject "I" would indicate that I was referring to my multiple usernames.

So what are your other usernames? I'm going to guess you've got a couple in this thread, neh?

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited March 18, 2003).]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to post MY pick for the Raven Horsemen of the Apocalypse. These are the four truest horrors, truest evils that do mark the end of the world:

1) FEAR For fear is the mind killer. (Right Leto?)

2) PUBERTY What else is more lothesome, messy, confusing or just yucky.

3) LOVE Sorry Lust, some people confuse you guys, but nothing in the universe is as dangerous, devastating, dominating, degrading, debasing and down-right diabolical as Love. It scary, uncontrollable, overwhelming, and we crave it like a heroin addict craves their junk. When Love rides in, the end of your world is near.

4) Santa Claus You can't fool me. I know Santa Claus is one of the original horsemen. I can just picture it, out of a cloud of dark dust and ash comes a black stallion. Hoisted on his back, in his bright red suit, Santa sings out "HO HO HO, MERRY APOCALYPSE EVERYBODY!!!"

It just send shivers down my spine.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you play Santa Claus, Dan?

Yeah, that's what I thought. This was just a shameless attempt at self-promotion do get you elected as one of the horsemen.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Close proximity my foot!
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Even with multiple usernames, I can't keep up with your rabid posting habits.
Close proximity this!

Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Well, folks, since I haven't heard from my cohort in a while, I guess I'll have to make the decision myself.

The Four Hatrack Horsemen of the Apocalypse will be:

Sarcasm
Cynicism
Fluff
TomDavidson

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to all the applicants. Give yourselves a nice, big pat on the back, 'cause you deserve something for your waste of time and energy.

Spite
Member # 4818

- posted      Profile for Spite           Edit/Delete Post 
Bah... my application was *so* much better than Fluff's.

If anyone needs me, I'll be looking for the hardware that keeps the hatrack boards, so I can light it on fire or something.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lust
Member # 4817

wonderful. just wonderful.

*sigh* oh well, I can take comfort in knowing that I drive 95% of the males on this board.

It's a small consolation, but I'll take what I can get

*poses seductively one last time*

rindlord
Member # 4877

- posted      Profile for rindlord           Edit/Delete Post 
I am the HORSEMAN OF NIGHTMARES!

i am rubbish at my job and i get drunk.

thats why no one has heard of me.

PLEASE I NEED A JOB!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cynicism
Member # 4804

- posted      Profile for Cynicism           Edit/Delete Post 
Fine by me. And what email, Sarcasm?

Ain't no email.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
With a name like "rindlord" you're the Horseman of Deep-fried Chunks of Pork Skin.

I think you horsemen should let him in.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Hey, I merely replied to the email that you sent me. Does someone's mail server need a little work?
Cynicism
Member # 4804

Possibly the mail server at my work, yes. Hmmmm. Lemme see... I did a big clean out the other day, might gotta lost then.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Good job, Einstein. Well, at least we've finally made the decision. Now if only our two new Horsemen would realize that they've been chosen. . . .
Cynicism
Member # 4804

No luck, bucko.
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

So, does anyone care to reveal who they really are? I know the identities of Fluff, 1stHorsemanofApocalypse, Spite, Trolling, 'Humility,' TomDavidson, and Marshmallowness (well, I only know one person who would make that last name, anyway).

Edited to include the most fearsome Horseman of all.

[This message has been edited by Sarcasm (edited March 18, 2003).]

Cynicism
Member # 4804

What about TomDavidson? Who the H#LL is that guy?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I knew I was chosen a while ago -- like, before I even applied for the position. After all, according to certain people who should know, I run this place.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cynicism
Member # 4804

What's your real username Tom? When are you going to discard that obvious pseudonym?
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

As everyone now knows, Tom's secret identity is Orson Scott Card.

[This message has been edited by Sarcasm (edited March 18, 2003).]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, what ones do you think I was?

[This message has been edited by T_Smith (edited March 18, 2003).]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Lust. I think you were making out with yourself in that Irish thread. If you had more than one, I'm not sure who else you were.

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited March 18, 2003).]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

You might want to check the e-mail address of Lust as compared to mine.

Im not so sad that I would make out with myself.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I was kidding about the Lust thing. I really don't know who you were. Are you going to make me guess? 'Cause I hate guessing.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I'll tell you.

I was: gluttony, spam, spammer, Anti-Christ, talking fish, and Folly. I think thats it.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I had fun in this thread

I want to know who everyone is, though!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fluff
Member # 4835

- posted      Profile for Fluff           Edit/Delete Post 
¡Qué suerte! ¡Me escogieron! ¿Porqué no hablamos sobre esto en español? ¡Qué divertido!

quote:
The other contestants were little more than Seven Deadly Sin dropouts.

Este esta confundido, ¿No?

Bueno, Myrd y Sarcástico, ¿Quién piensan que soy?

Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
I did Greed, America Online, and Marshmallowness.

Wow, T! You were half the thread!

Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

Well, considering that a couple posts appeared under the name Icarus, and then disappeared and reappeared under the name Fluff, I'm going to assume that you're . . .

Orson Scott Card!
Err, I mean . . .

Cedrios!
Or maybe . . .

Icarus!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.