FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 7)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama just throws that far.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. It's on the way. Sort of.

Plus, I throw that far [Razz]

[ June 28, 2004, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but Frisco, Kama and CalvinMaker are making the trip together and Niagra Falls is close to Buffalo which is where KFC would be picking me up.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I am slightly uncomfortable being a part of KFC ...
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok your name is gone from the title Papa Moose. It got your attention though [Wink] I'm getting a new tally soon and it will be updated periodically.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
KFC..all white meat...3 piece...finger lickin' good...yup, you're right to be uncomfortable, Kama.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Angst]
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I expect a full report on this as soon as it happens.

With Photos, please.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I expect a full report on this as soon as it happens.

Sure - except the parts we swear to keep secret. [Razz]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Two things:

1) This is a reminder to whoever is driving to KamaCon that said they could bring an extra guitar for Papa Moose to play.

2) Is there anyone who lives in Chicago (or is driving) that can find a play pen/travel crib for us to borrow while we are there? It would be much easier if we didn't have to drag one along. My parents have one for us, so we don't need to bring one for the NY part of our trip.

Thanks!

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I can ask around. A lot of my neighbors are grandmothers so they may have something.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
"panicking"

Sorry.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

yeah I know, I was worried about exceeding the letter limit and I figured it would get the point across.
[Wink]
AJ

happier?

[ June 28, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

katharina
Member # 827

But what if AJ panicing is something Hatrack WANTS to see?

well, yes. Now I'm crazy. [Razz]

[ June 28, 2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

you don't. trust me.
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I was planning on bringing my acoustic guitar anyway. He's welcome to play that for a bit, if he wants.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Just because I gave you a dictionary for your birthday... *sniff* One mistake!
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
KathannaOJ- You're talking to yourself again.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Did I ever tell you about the time I carried an Unabridged on a plane? I was taking a short commuter flight from my hometown to LAX, and was meeting my friend Pete at LAX, and it was his Christmas present. It wouldn't fit in my luggage and I was gonna need to pull it back out anyway.

It got some looks...

[ June 28, 2004, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

katharina
Member # 827

They were probably afraid it was ballast.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I've been out of town...

I have called and left Wendy a message, beginning the phone-tag process. So once we connect, you'll be to within one room of quota, won't that be nice?

Ryuko, whatcha doing Sunday afternoon? You and your mom free for ice cream? Drop me an e-mail...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Message from Bob via dkw: He will reserve the room when he gets back from his trip.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks rivka!

I really wish I could have been there to meet you today.

And to confirm rivka's message from dkw from me, I will reserve a room when I get back from California.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*twinkle* Well fine, see if I try to help! [Wink]

Bob, we had fun without you, but it would have been more fun with you.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Wendy is only available between 9 and 5. I'll find a way to get ahold of her today, and I'll reserve the room for xnera under my name, which should be sufficient for AnnaJo's peace of mind, bringing the quota to (at least) 10.

I'm tendering my own regrets, as David and I will be attending to other matters at that time.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't because people will have cameras, is it?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I feel pretty shot, and it's time to pare down my life. I won't be very good at socializing for a long time, anyway.

The cameras don't help. [Smile]

I will, however, be up for babysitting. [Big Grin]

Seriously, it's time for a social hiatus for me. I am just so, so exhausted. It has been unbelievably bad.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Frown]
katharina
Member # 827

[Frown]
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
How's your head CT?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Wendy called back, rooms reserved. You may take me off the naughty list. [Razz]

They're both under my name, gentlemen, so if you get there first that's Liza Williams. Pronounced Lie-za. Please note the Z. It's way too soon to have travel plans figured out, so I don't know when I'll be there yet.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
No CT! ::sad::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Blacwolve, are you still avaliable for transportation? Like I said in another thread I may be able to make it, I'll know in a week or two, but if I need to get my own transportation I'll probably have to grab some train tickets soon.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I think we've made it *HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!*

I haven't called Wendy yet, because CTs playing phone tag and Bob Scopatz won't be reserving for a couple of days.

But now any extra rooms reserved will lower the amount of the meeting room down further.

katharina
Member # 827

Now I remember why I hate planning trips more than three weeks ahead. It turns into WORK. And I'm not even doing the work! I'm just watching AJ do it!
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You've done good AJ, now you should take some "me" time to rest and relax from thins stressful event. So hope on over to the cycling threads and get started! Hey, I did call it me time... [Taunt] [Wink]

Seriously, even if I don't end up going, I appreciate all the work you put into it, way to go AJ! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

To make it clear, right now I have already paid, out of my personal funds, the $150 for the meeting room. With our ten room minimum met that is all it is going to cost. $50x3 days= $150

If we hadn't met that 10 room minimum it would have gone up to $150/day which means I would have gotten stuck owing them $300 more on top of the $150 I've already paid.

Now I wish I had $300 extra laying around and didn't have to worry about stuff like that, but I don't. Hence the panic.

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

AJ, you are an angel for arranging everything. [Smile] This will work out great. We can calculate how much everyone's share of the meeting room is that first night and let people know then. Thank you so much for doing all the work.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Hobbes, I have to go be maid of honor at a wedding this weekend. Weddings, if you are participating at all are always stressful. That is compounding the Kama Con stress, and my work stress just quadrupled as well.

AJ

rivka
Member # 4859

No CT? [Frown]

But I totally understand the need to cut down! Good for you, CT, for making the decision that keeps you healthy. [Smile]

You better come next year, though! [Big Grin]

Kama
Member # 3022

There's one next year?
rivka
Member # 4859

You're NOT making this an annual pilgrimage, Kama? [Big Grin]
Kama
Member # 3022

Well, but maybe I should be altering the route a bit?
rivka
Member # 4859

KamaCon 2005 in Los Angeles! [Big Grin]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Wendy has my card number, and I have a confirmation number which I'll email to Karen. Tom, if you would carry a blank check for me, I'll use that to cover me/Karen's part of the conference room, once the total is decided.

Should some people back out (i.e., cancel reservations already made), I imagine those attending can just pony up to split AnnaJo's $150 nonrefundable deposit and cancel the other conference room charges.

AnnaJo has my sympathies. It's been a murderous week all around.

I'm going to take a little breather for awhile, but thanks so much for the kind words. [Smile] Ciao for now, and have fun.

[ June 29, 2004, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Gardener isn't willing to commit to anything at this point (we may be moving; we may be working on building our house), but there's a possibility we may show up at the 11th hour. Is it okay if we just show up? Of course, if it gets to be that week and I know we're coming, I'll let y'all know. Also, are kids coming? I have a 5-year-old who'd probably love to play with other Hatrack kiddos.

I'm working very hard on Mr. Gardener. I'd like for him to meet you all. He loves strategy games and networked computer games. He also likes to have all information ahead of time. So if someone would be willing to repost the following info (so's I don't have to go hunting for it and possibly finding the wrong info), I'd appreciate it.

Where? When? How much? When due? Contingencies if we don't decide until 2 days before the Con? Kids or not? Possible activities? What "engineer-geek" type activities might be available (in other words, will he have fun)? Who's going, so that he knows which Hatrackers I always talk about will be there?

Thanks O You Wondrous Hatrackers.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Jenny, Kat just hates it when people ask who else is going to be there.... Oh, and we'll have our two kids. Three if you include me.

CT, take care of you. Rivka's oxygen mask analogy is perfect. If you make it, great. If not, even better, because it will definitely be because it's the right thing to do for you. Either way, though, know that you are loved.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well I can say I averted a nuclear disaster today at work.

(It was only keeping the head of our nuclear department from throwing a tantrum which she is infamous for, but hey, we are cool enough to Have a nuclear department.)

While I was out saving the world before bedtime, I recieved an e-mail from an anonymous donor, saying that they would be interested in sponsoring a room for those who could not otherwise attend due to financial constraints. Teleperion and Farmgirl were mentioned specifically.

Due to its nature it might end up being a co-ed room. If there is enough interest this person will pay for room(s), but they want to know it will be used before they do so.

AJ

[ June 30, 2004, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

*bump* I don't think many people have seen the anonymous donor's offer yet.

If there is sufficient interest they would consider springing for two rooms one for each sex.

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

AJ, I'd start a thread for that. People who can't afford to go have probably stopped looking in here.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.