FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Dude :cool: Peek-a-boo (Page 6)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Dude :cool: Peek-a-boo
Noodle
Member # 1962

- posted      Profile for Noodle   Email Noodle         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I just read all 5 pages of this post thingy and I thought of soo many responses that I could make at various times but I didnt because those people who post something in response to something said on the first page of a 5 page post are like definately not as good as they could be. They are still good, but they are like totally annoying.

Dude I'm so glad to see someone here that like listed Waiting For Guffman as a great movie, I was gonna just go home and "Bite My Pillow" if it didnt make the list of good movies!! If you havent seen it then you won't understand why some times on Sundays I lose feeling in my buttocks.

ok its all good.

Also like Return of the jedi, is Sooo not the best, Empire Strikes back is like way better than everything. It is all good.

I totally think that Peek-a-boo and peaked-n-blue were the same person, did anyone else notice that everytime one of them posted the other posted their response right away. Dont worry Peek its all good!!

Also a great song that could be another theme is Devo Peek-A-Boo. Fits the attitude of this thread really well.

Peek-A-Boo I can see you, and I know what you do. HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

[This message has been edited by Noodle (edited May 24, 2001).]

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Noodle
Member # 1962

I got post 250!! Dude
Amontillado
Member # 1926

- posted      Profile for Amontillado   Email Amontillado         Edit/Delete Post 
Tanman1975 writes: "All is not good for Mister Merson:"

Um, tried to go to the article and it wouldn't find the page. Looked it up in the two week old Sun archive, and found out that it was "Ms." Merson, not mister, and she is a 24 year old substitute teacher. The story is at this site for the next two weeks: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/carroll/bal-ca.teacher20may20.story

Posts: 173 | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily
Member # 1685

- posted      Profile for Verily   Email Verily         Edit/Delete Post 
First off, it's "Mrs." Merson. Secondly, I think the whole situation is stupid. The article said that the boys were "victims" and they were "molested". Good Lord! That is one of the stupidist things I've ever read. The "boys" were 15-17 years old. If they didn't want to involve themselves sexually with that teacher, they WOULDN'T have. A fifteen year old guy is NOT helpless. I'm sorry, but that's STUPID. I know it's the law, but it is a bad law and should be changed. Did you know that in our wonderful US of A, if an underage guy is having sex with an underage girl, the girl's parents can charge the boy is statuatory rape, but the guy's parents can't charge the girl with anything. And this is even if it was not against the will of either the boy or the girl. Is that unfair or what??

Anyhow, it's all good if you make sure you stay out of the way of the US legal system.

Whoa, but I just got thinking, and I was like, "Dood, chill out. Don't worry; be happy." And it IS all good.

Dood Verily

[This message has been edited by Verily (edited May 25, 2001).]

Posts: 54 | Registered: Mar 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Noodle
Member # 1962

If its Mrs. Merson then that means that all is not good for Mr. Merson, his wife is cheating with HS kids. Dude

Also, I agree that 15 year olds have some common sense but they are also controlled a LOT, by hormones. I should know I was one not too long ago. These hormones would say, for many boys that age "hmmmmm..... an attractive 24 yr old stripping?.... offering sexual favors? Hmmmm... what should I do?" Of course many boys that age are not mature enough to realize the repercussions.

Think if it was you, looking back in 20 years, oh yes my first time was when my teacher seduced me. That was the way I wanted to lose my Virginity!! Not all that cool. That is what the law was passed to prevent. When you are young like that you often dont realize what the consequenses of your actions are.

Anyways dude, all is cool!

ROLE_MODEL3
Member # 1965

- posted      Profile for ROLE_MODEL3   Email ROLE_MODEL3         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Peekaboo, I've got to say I'm not impressed. Or maybe I am... nah.

[This message has been edited by ROLE_MODEL3 (edited May 27, 2001).]

Posts: 34 | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
tanman1975
Member # 1444

- posted      Profile for tanman1975   Email tanman1975         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously at least ONE of the boys was a victim, or else he wouldn't have gone complaining to the authorities.

I was thinking about the arguement that the young boys knew what they were doing and I agreed with it, until I got a little insight from an episode (ironically enough) of HBO's "Sex in the City."

In this particular episode a thirtysomething woman makes a "man" out of a young undergrad boy in the form of a one night stand, thinking she's doing him a favor. Instead, the boy falls madly in love with woman and falls apart when she rejects him.

High school boys could feel it much worse.

On another note, I was indeed referring to the teacher's husband in my original post.

I feel really sorry for that poor soul.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Amontillado
Member # 1926

- posted      Profile for Amontillado   Email Amontillado         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude!

Sorry Tanman, my bad! Jumping to conclusions is my forte. Although, it may not be all bad for Mister Merson because he may have been in a loveless marriage and this will allow him to get on with his life. However, it will be bad for Mrs. Merson who will likely go to jail, just like Mary Kay LeTourneau.

Anyway, summer is here and it's time to stock up on Dew!

It's all good!

Posts: 173 | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Noodle
Member # 1962

Dude good point, but even if he is getting out of a loveless marriage all is not cool for him . Must not be very cool to be in a marriage like that. Anyways it is not a very cool situation for any of them.

But if they all had a dew life would begin to look up for each and every one of them

tanman1975
Member # 1444

- posted      Profile for tanman1975   Email tanman1975         Edit/Delete Post 
I seriously doubt Dew would help sawhizzo...
Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
JanusAurora
Member # 886

- posted      Profile for JanusAurora   Email JanusAurora         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, if Amontillado can say it's all good (Cask of Amontillado was not all good) I'm thinking it's gotta be all good....

Posts: 160 | Registered: Apr 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Marce al'Meara
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for Marce al'Meara   Email Marce al'Meara         Edit/Delete Post 
Aurora, I have NEVER heard you say dude before...nor "it's all good." I think people are hopped up on "Dark Angel" reruns...*runs away*
Posts: 1248 | Registered: Jun 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
thayn
Member # 1991

- posted      Profile for thayn   Email thayn         Edit/Delete Post 

This has got to be one of the most worthless threads I have ever seen...how did it go so long and why?

Peek-a-boo is a space cadet (and I don't mean from Battle School).

dude like this is dumb

Posts: 31 | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
peekaboo
Member # 1790

- posted      Profile for peekaboo   Email peekaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
well EXCUSE ME! i dont think of myself as a space cadet! so why should your opinion matter? it does! if u razz me, then its not all good! and if its not all good, then youre razzing dew! and thats not all good cuz dew is my life! goodbye thayn YOU ARE OFFICIALLY BANNED FROM THIS THREAD.

PEEK

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Da5id
Member # 2173

- posted      Profile for Da5id   Email Da5id         Edit/Delete Post 
All is good because I am alive. Actually, statistically, it is very unlikely that I am alive, right now. One out of every 10 persons who has ever lived and died or who are now alive is alive today. If you ask an oddsmaker in Las Vegas about winning a 1 in 10 bet you'll be told it is unusual, but not particularly startling or outrageous. In the eternity of the future the number of people who will live and die is enormous. Indeed, that number is so enormous that the chances of you and I being alive now instead of in the future, according to standard statistical analyses, is virtually impossible. The only reasonable explanation that you and I are alive now rather than some other time requires a doomsday scenario where Homo sapiens become extinct within the next 100-200 years.

We are alive -- all is good. Plus we have Dew.

PS EG makes my top 10 list. Some of the sequels were just plain gay --I read them straight through so I'm reserving final judgment until I get a chance to reread them.

[This message has been edited by Da5id (edited July 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Da5id (edited July 11, 2001).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude Jeni

Will this thread never die?!?!?!?!?

Yeah.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
HelpMe
Member # 2278

- posted      Profile for HelpMe   Email HelpMe         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is that, everyone responds to junk posts such as "Dude Peek-a-boo" but when someone actually has something worth saying or asking no one hardly replys. Seems a lil strange to me. Especially since this post has what 265(currently) or so posts and the other postings have an average of 20. Why is it that stupidity is aknoledged and intellegince and curiousity isn't?
-Sunny-

[This message has been edited by HelpMe (edited August 04, 2001).]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
bruinlawyer2002
Member # 2264

- posted      Profile for bruinlawyer2002   Email bruinlawyer2002         Edit/Delete Post 
To quote a lame poster:

"Mediocrity ... it's just easier"

Posts: 424 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
dink_meeker
Member # 2130

- posted      Profile for dink_meeker   Email dink_meeker         Edit/Delete Post 
Helpme:

C'mon now. I know you're still smarting from the flames you got on the thread you started on the other page. But look at it from everyone else's perspective: If you were a die-hard OSC fan, and someone came in and posted what, you must admit, looked like the requirements for a standard book report, you'd probably try to mess with them a little bit too. And if you can see past the fact that the joke is aimed at you, they are actually some pretty funny responses.

You're right, however, about the silly posts on this one. I have actually been lurking on this post and following them with quite a bit of interest. I even asked myself the question why? I think its because we all feel silly at times, and this was an easy place to express that.

In addition, a serious post takes more time and requires more risk. ANYONE can post some nonesense like "peek-a-boo" (in fact, I think everyone did) without looking stupid since the whole point of the thread is stupidity in the first place. (incidentally, I don't necessarily think this is bad, as I just mentioned, some silliness is quite refreshing, this thread included). But a serious post, whoa, now you have to think. Plus, what if after you put down some serious thoughts, somebody tells you you're wrong and stupid? Then you feel like a shmuck. THAT is why this post got 265+ posts and others have only a few.

In closing (woah, sorry for the long post) don't let your first experience keep you from posting. Everyone loves to express an opinion and joke around. There really are some interesting people here.

Posts: 48 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
dink_meeker
Member # 2130

- posted      Profile for dink_meeker   Email dink_meeker         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, Its ALL good

peek-a-boo

Posts: 48 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Petra_Arkanian
Member # 2306

- posted      Profile for Petra_Arkanian   Email Petra_Arkanian         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude

Dude, i like totally missed out on all the fun. Wish i'd discovered Hatrack sooner.

Anyway, It's All Good!

Petra Arkanian

PS i cant believe i read all 6 pages. am i insane?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
tanman1975
Member # 1444

what's insane is that this is the thread that would not die.
Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

Dude Jeni

Dude, this thread won't die because it's all good!

Yeah.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peekaboo
Member # 1790

dude peeky

dude, (drumroll)IM BACK!!! yeah.
i'm going to go practice my frolicing skills.

Yeah.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jane~
Member # 2418

- posted      Profile for ~Jane~           Edit/Delete Post 
DUDE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???
Posts: 28 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nemesis
Member # 2368

- posted      Profile for nemesis   Email nemesis         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody knows...that's the beauty of it!
Posts: 55 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peekaboo
Member # 1790

dude im tireddd...................
Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JadziaMD
Member # 2430

- posted      Profile for JadziaMD   Email JadziaMD         Edit/Delete Post 
I just stayed up an extra half hour to read this post... Why I don't know. I was entertained, which scares me. I don't like Dew, I'm a Diet Coke person. But in the end I still have to say that in general it's all good.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jane~
Member # 2418

- posted      Profile for ~Jane~           Edit/Delete Post 
Diet coke has aspartame which can give u cancer, dooonn'ttt driinnkk ittt. actually it will only kill you if u are a lab rat being injected with excessive amounts. but hey, just a friendly warning.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JadziaMD
Member # 2430

- posted      Profile for JadziaMD   Email JadziaMD         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your word of warning. But I plan to not drink enough to consume enough to become a lab rat.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily
Member # 1685

- posted      Profile for Verily   Email Verily         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude. I'm like starting my first year in college, and it totally rocks. After much deliberation and deep thought, I have come to a conclusion:
(If you're standing up I recommend you sit down. If you have heart problems, I recommend that you check with your doctor before reading the rest of this post.)

It's ALL GOOD. ESPECIALLY if you're in college.

Dude Verily

Yeah

Posts: 54 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
eh?

We are all lab rats.

I was wondering why so many people feel the need to tell us that this thread is stupid.

The celebration of life is what makes it worth living. Thats why its all good.

Rock the dew.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
I had noticed the last reply on this was yesterday so i decided to keep it goin
hey every one. For any one who doesnt know me (thats everyone) i live in the most boring country ever, ireland it sucks it rains all the time here ugh someone help me

[This message has been edited by jebus202 (edited September 28, 2001).]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
This is an exeedingly corny quote, however it is true;

Attitude determines altitude.

Everywhere I have lived Ive known some one that hated the lack of variety in things to do where they lived. That applies even to Monterey California, one of the coolest places to live on this planet.

Unfortunately few of us live every bit of the lives we want. However If you want to choose to take what you have around you and make it into somthing of meaning to you, I garuntee your perspective will change.

Remember, epacially in light of recent events, life is good, The Dew is Good, Its all good

Carpe Diem

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

Dude Jeni

It's all good dudes. You have to keep this thread up top to remind everyone.

Yeah.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phoenix646
Member # 1996

- posted      Profile for phoenix646   Email phoenix646         Edit/Delete Post 
me luv u peek-a-boo!!
I think its great when someone can be happy, and there doesn't have to be some lame reason like being rich or winning the lottery

so there. ha. (heeheehee)
besides, look at a rainbow- isn't that reason enough to be glad
cya

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Airguitarist
Member # 2647

- posted      Profile for Airguitarist           Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious dude ?

What is this topic about and how did it get started?

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holy Fuzz
Member # 1107

- posted      Profile for Holy Fuzz   Email Holy Fuzz         Edit/Delete Post 
About eight months ago, I came here and replied to this thread. So, now with 1000 posts in my pocket from the now-deceased YWF, I decide to come here and see what's up.

And look what I find: Peek-a-boo.

This thread is STILL alive?!?!

- Fuzz

[This message has been edited by Holy Fuzz (edited November 12, 2001).]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peeky
Member # 2673

- posted      Profile for Peeky   Email Peeky         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude peekaboo
Hello my peoples! I am back once more. Let the shibbying begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah.

[This message has been edited by Peeky (edited November 21, 2001).]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elysium
Member # 1705

- posted      Profile for Elysium   Email Elysium         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude Aelysium

Peek-a-boo!

Posts: 272 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a-crianca-da-mente
Member # 2697

- posted      Profile for a-crianca-da-mente           Edit/Delete Post 
Will you just let this thread die in peace? <realizes he just helped keep it alive> Dang it! No matter what I do Peter always wins.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peeky
Member # 2673

Dude peeky

what has gotten into you peoples? have u not seen the shibby light? has peaked-in-blue taken over the goodness in you all-goodness lives? and dude a-crianca-da-mente, who just suck the shibbyness out of you? u make me sick. in the all good way.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DragonArin14
Member # 3116

- posted      Profile for DragonArin14           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god, this thing has been going for over a year!

That's awesome.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a mystery! An unanswerable mystery! The deep compelling simplicity of Peek-a-boo's philosophy. Beside it kings and academe fall to dust. It will never die.

Dude! : : It's all good.

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is all good!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peeky
Member # 2673

dude peeky

It's all good.

Yeah.

PS: Holy Fuzz, you did not think this all good thread would last, shame on you :P

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude Kama

can't let it die. Ever.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roxy
Member # 3416

- posted      Profile for roxy   Email roxy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's still here!
What is up, dudes out there?
Everyone, Dew the Dew

It's all good, right?

Hi, Dragon

Posts: 358 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryn
Member # 2190

- posted      Profile for Eryn   Email Eryn         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, what's up w/ the dudes?!
Dand, I'm confused- so does this thread HAVE a point? *besides going "dude"* Just wondering...though its funny reading all the posts, which I read on this page only *sorry I was too confused and lazy to go back to page one* This is very interesting. This thread is never going to die!!!!!!
Dude, go peekabo!!!!!!!
~~ Eryn ~~

Posts: 183 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyger
Member # 3507

- posted      Profile for Tyger           Edit/Delete Post 
some have it and some don't i guess i don't but i like you dudes all of you

it's all good...?

edit: i got 300 post started 7 page. oh how good

[This message has been edited by Tyger (edited May 23, 2002).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.