FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Mr. Card on pancakes.

Author Topic: Mr. Card on pancakes.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/tsmith/photoshop/index.album?i=1&s=1

First, I apologize for the crappiness of angelfire. As soon as I have time, I'll put it on a better site.

Mr Card appeared on my pancake this morning. At first, I was skeptical. My wife argued with me that it was actually Colonal Sanders, but once we compared it closely, we both came to the conclusion that this was in fact, our beloved author, making himself manifest on my pancakes. Most people probably wouldn't even know who this is, but as fate would happen to have it, I actually go to this guys website!! It almost makes me feel holy. If you would like to donate money to my holy self, please, contact me. I would love to recieve ANY donation in order to preserve this once in a lifetime miracle in an airtight container, fused in a solid carbonate state.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmmm.... Smells like online auction time.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Even better. With all the OSC bashing due to his comments on Star Trek, you can offer it as an effigy to them. It would be the prize of any Trek convention... [Wink]
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Problem!! Mr Card does not wear glasses (at least not in the photos I could find), yet the figure on your pancake is clearly wearing glasses.

Could your pancake be trying to reveal to us the Uncle Orson NEEDS glasses? Or perhaps that he wears glasses in private but is too vane to wear them in public? Perhaps now that he has reached an advance age (meaning older than me), he now needs reading glasses?

Or perhaps it is actually Colonel Sanders after all.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure he does.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

In the source pic I got, it was sunglasses.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan, may I ask if this is a response to the newly revived Photoshop Phridays? Very nice work by the way. But for future reference the Vigin Mary always sells much better than a writer. Even if the writer has reached god-like status in the eyes of some of his faithful followers here at Hatrack there just aren't enough of us here to compete with the millions of crazy sons o' biscuits out there willing to pay thousands of dollars for a sandwich with an odd burn mark that might resemble a religious figure. I love crazy people. Especially the ones in my head.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I still cannot get used to your saying "my wife".
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frangy.
Member # 6794

- posted      Profile for Frangy.   Email Frangy.         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to know what Mr. Card thinks....

[ May 07, 2005, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Frangy. ]

Posts: 111 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Maple syrup please!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
You have no idea how frustrating it is for a guy like me to get my spiritual emanation inside a pancake, when I would far, far rather have the physical emanation of the pancake inside me.

But now and then I have to make the sacrifice, allowing my image to provide my most devoted readers with moments of mealtime nausea.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Nausea? No... right after we realized who it was on my pancake, I made more pancakes (I have an unshakable appetite). We think Tony Blair appeared on one of them, but really, who here cares about a Tony Blair pancake?

[ May 07, 2005, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
*turns on the laugh track*
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Future
Member # 7942

- posted      Profile for Lady Future   Email Lady Future         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, it's an OSC pancake! Can it write as well as the original? Perhaps it has a different artistic talent since it has no hands.
Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mullitt
Member # 7826

- posted      Profile for Mullitt   Email Mullitt         Edit/Delete Post 
He appeared on my toast. And in my juice. And later, in my tacos. In fact, he appears everywhere I look. Get out of my head, you crazy spirit!
Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Nate, can I come to New Hampshire and start a shrine in your kitchen now?

Edit: You ATE a Tony Blaire Pancake?! You didn't develope an allergy to liberalism did you? An overdose like that would only be matched by eating a George Bush Pancake.

[ May 08, 2005, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Epictetus ]

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Sam, you can come to New Hampshire for ANY reason, but be warned, a shrine might get in the way, so I might have to take it down when you aren't looking.
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

The OSC pancake, now cold, is being hired as a writer for a new Star Trek television series.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Don't you mean new movie?
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The OSC pancake, now cold, is being hired as a writer for a new Star Trek television series.
okay, this had me howling and cackling out loud in my office, so much so that my boss had to ask what the hell I was up to...

I needed that!! [ROFL]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lacerta
Member # 8007

- posted      Profile for Lacerta   Email Lacerta         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:
You have no idea how frustrating it is for a guy like me to get my spiritual emanation inside a pancake, when I would far, far rather have the physical emanation of the pancake inside me.

But now and then I have to make the sacrifice, allowing my image to provide my most devoted readers with moments of mealtime nausea.

Ha ha ha! Glad I looked at this topic... Oh... *wipes tear* I dont know, if someone told me they saw my face on a pancake, I would be rather skeptical, then embaressed, then angry then....well, slightly amused [Dont Know] meh!
Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lacerta
Member # 8007

quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:

^-^ I would like to meet you, you seem funnier in person!
Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Owch, I think heard more than a couple thuds worldwide.

Hey it'd be better than the two over-easys currently writing. [Wink]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lacerta
Member # 8007

^^
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

I've never seen anything interesting in pancakes or even waffles, apart from gustatory interest. But I have seen lots of worms on sidewalks, after they died from trying to cross them in the blazing sunlight. And sometimes they die in interesting patterns that sort of make shapes. Has anyone seen anything interesting in dead sidewalk worm patterns? Just wondering.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Pancakes are better are trapping liquids than sidwalks are. [Taunt]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antony
Member # 7947

- posted      Profile for Antony   Email Antony         Edit/Delete Post 
surely that picture isn't genuine?
if it is it's quite incredable

Posts: 95 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
of course it is genuine, how can you even doubt that?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antony
Member # 7947

well, it seems rather unlikely [Razz]
Posts: 95 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antony
Member # 7947

oh right it's photoshopped
haha good work

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.