FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Random Thread (Page 11)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: The Random Thread
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
[singing]
Head, shoulders,
knees and toes!
Knees and toes!

Head, shoulders,
knees and toes!
Knees and toes!
[/singing]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
If I kill two birds with one stone, then what will I do with all the other stones?
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Aim for the fish!
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koryu
Member # 5922

- posted      Profile for Koryu   Email Koryu         Edit/Delete Post 
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! (tears out hair)
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
You know that Futurama where the scene suddenly changes and you just see Bender on fire and he's yellin and screamin and they all run up with a fire extinguisher and put him out and he just goes "That's better" and lights up a cigar?

I love that.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
You are My Preciousss
My only Preciousss
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You are the One Ring
And I adore you
Please don't take
My Preciousss away...

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

What if Tolkien would've used a different word? Like "sweet pea?"

"Ahh! Give us the sweet pea!! gollum!"

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
LotR would've been much more interesting.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have Tourette's, emoticon sub-variant [Grumble] [Frown] [Eek!] [Angst] [Hail]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

If you give a dog a magic food bowl that would replenish itself everday as long as the dog left at least one piece of food in the bowl, the dog would eat the entire bowl of food on the first day.

And you can't fault the dog for that, because clearly the animal has been conditioned through thousands of years of evolution to take advantage of a food source right away and eat all it can possibly eat.

And thus there is no magic in the world, because evolution does not allow for it.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've always wanted to condition a dog to learn how to push elevator buttons for every day of his life, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and then condition that dog to teach other dogs how to push those elevator buttons, and also to teach them how to teach other dogs to push those elevator buttons...

Think about it... dogs could evolve to become Bell Boys.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the beef?
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got some more softlips. Yea!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Frown] [Grumble] [Cry] [Mad]

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

When I was a kid I remember looking up at the sky and wondering if credits would roll at the end of the world with the name of everyone who ever lived (in order of appearance).

(Okay, so I added that "order of appearance" part just now.)

Book
Member # 5500

Spread wide open?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've seen that video.

Not that I've ever watched those types of videos.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Failing to accomplish anything useful in life is a good thing. What else can authors take, twist, extort, and market? Being a failure is inspiration for clever authors.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
The demon comes at midnight.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
and every 15 minutes thereafter until she passes out from sheer exhaustion.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Care to Demon-straight?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
isn't that step one?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a secret coffee room at my work. And all this time I thought we only had instant!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I think we all know that Wolverine's powers come not from his ability to regenerate, but from popping his neck.
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
"Strong Bad, how do you respond to claims that your comments brought the entire royal family to tears?"
*The Cheat whispers in SB's ear*
SB respondsto reporter:
"Screw all y'all."

[ December 09, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Noam Chomsky should make little miniature statues of himself to put on his front lawn. I can't believe mister brilliant MIT man hasn't thought of this already.
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Flagg, I'd love to help you out, but with your schitzophrenia, I'd have to charge you double. Now if you'll excuse me, I've already kept Jesus waiting 5 minutes....
Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Do Vegans eat candy?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're not supposed to eat yellow snow, is it ok to eat yellow snow cones?
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(kills next person to enter thread)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That wasn't very nice!

*dies dramatically*

x_x

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Whew...I'm safe! [Smile]
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
The green bean is the squirrel of legumes.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Bootstraps bootstraps. heh.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice: pull down your pants and slide on the ...ice.
Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Wow, that rhymes!
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
It should be please take my advice. It works better.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Yeah, but (not to detract from my genius or anything) it's a quote.

Sidney Freedman (Alan Arbus). Faboo.

Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
darn I knew that quote too.

The final episode of M*A*S*H, and another one, but I can't remember which other one, I think maybe the one where they were waiting for caualties and the surgeons destroyed the swamp, but I'm really not sure.

do you know asQmh? You seem to know the quote pretty well.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

I think it's the one in which Hawkeye flips out and starts sleepwalking.

I'll have to check, but I think it's midway through season 2 - about a half-season before Blake bites it.

Q.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I love M*A*S*H!
I thought the quote sounded familiar, but I don't remember it being in there.

Marek
Member # 5404

It is definately in the final episode, I remember hearing it in my English class last year.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I miss that show. FX used to play most of the day, but they've stopped. That's one of the best shows ever, they really should play it more often.
Marek
Member # 5404

Do they still play it at all? Does any channel still play M*A*S*H? Or have they all stopped so that the DVD collections of it will sell better?

And when did this thread become coherent, I thought it was supposed to be random?

In any case they should play more episodes of M*A*S*H

[Hail] [Hail] [Hail] M*A*S*H

[Hail] [Hail] [Hail] Hawkeye

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Radar was just the cutest thing... [Smile]
And the wittiness...the jokes...it was the best.

*shouts*
MORE M*A*S*H!
MORE M*A*S*H!
MORE M*A*S*H!

[Hail] M*A*S*H
[Hail] Hawkeye
[Hail] Radar

Book
Member # 5500

I don't know what the last thing I copied, was, but I'm just gonna slam down a ctrl v and see.

everybody wins!

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Seriously.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*smug* Late night on channel 11.

If there were a 24-hour-MASH channel, I might actually get cable. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Lucky, you still get to watch M*A*S*H on TV, with different episodes, I only had a few on tape, and I've lost them now, I may actually have to go out and buy the DVD's if I ever the money to buy them and the time to watch them, and when are they going to come out with collector's edition DVD seasons of Get Smart? That would be so cool.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*sigh* we don't get M*A*S*H anymore... [Frown]
asQmh
Member # 4590

quote:
It is definately in the final episode, I remember hearing it in my English class last year.
Yup, it's definitely from the final episode. However, it also occurs in one of the other episodes I have on VHS. I have only the first 4 seasons (since 5 wasn't released till this month), so I was hazarding a guess at which it would be.

To my knowledge, it still comes on the Hallmark channel, though I haven't managed to peg down the schedule. I'm going to buy all seasons, though, so I no longer have to rely on the fickle winds of television programming.

I had no idea there were so many M*A*S*H fans on hatrack! Yet another reason to love this place.

Q.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.