FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 1)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I have invented the ice cream preference personality profile comprehensive index -- ICPPPCI.

It's a palindrome too! Cool.

Okay, here's how it works. You tell me your favorite ice cream flavor. Then tell me what toppings you would use on it to make it just right. Then, describe how you would eat it (let it get soft or race through it while the ice cream is still frozen?). Tell me about the bowl if that's important to you.

I will take all this information and, through the application of the ICPPPCI, will tell you all about yourself.

code:
NOTE:
This is for entertainment purposes only.

The opinions you read are those of the author
and he's making it up as he goes along.

There is no connection to Hatrack, it's
moderators or owners either explicit or
implied.

We urge all participants to probe their
personalities responsibly. Never examine
yourself and drive at the same time!

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited January 22, 2003).]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
favourite flavour: coffee

topings: none

state: a bit melted, but not quite yet

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, Kama's topless. Cover your eyes Locke.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

TOPPINGS

[This message has been edited by Kama (edited January 22, 2003).]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
ICPPPCI says:

quote:

Coffee is the flavor of the intelligent but shy -- not showy. It is sophisticated, yet can pass for something far more pedestrian until closer inspection. Unmixed, the coffee flavor indicates a stern or aloof exterior, perhaps even bordering on a love of authority. Mixed with other flavors, these traits are often overcome.

quote:

Those who eschew toppings are purists. They see the world as one way or another. Often, they become frustrated by the nuances and games-playing they see in the world around them. But if you need a steadfast, solid supporter, the topping-less are the way to go. No-toppings people hope for an orderly life with a high degree of predictability. Even if they can't actually achieve it now, that is their idea of bliss.

quote:
A preference for the semi-soft indicates some ambivalence in the personal arena -- relationships, love life, family, etc. The person who prefers somewhat melted ice cream is one who wishes the people around him or her were a little less judgemental overall. This person is easily imposed upon but will generally hold her shape even when being pushed around. A good person to have around if you need some flexibility and someone who will reward firm commitment from others.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*shocked again* Really! Kama's a lady! You should be horrified!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Mint chocolate chip
Hot fudge, peanuts and whipped cream
I would savor it, eating it quickly enough that it is still mostly frozen, but not so quickly as to get an ice cream headache or to devour it.
Those ice cream glasses are pretty, but I prefer mine in a plain bowl because its hard to get the ice cream out of the bottom of those glasses

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
Often, they become frustrated by the nuances and games-playing they see in the world around them.

Oh, yes.

Doug J
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Doug J   Email Doug J         Edit/Delete Post 
Sherbert

None

very slow

Posts: 7083 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolate frozen custard milkshakes.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Vanilla with caramel swirls.

No toppings.

Right out of the carton just melted enough so it's not rock hard.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
mint chocolate chip

Baileys Irish cream

Stirred with a spoon so that it's more like a shake than anything else. That means that it's served in a small glass instead of a bowl.

Other important things: The ice cream has to be the green kind, not the white kind. Because I have named this delicious treat Irish Bliss, green mint chocolate chip ice cream just feels right. Also, there should be enough Baileys to add flavour to the ice cream, but not so much as to take away the green color.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

An accurate description, Bob. I'm impressed. You should patent you invention and start selling it.

Thank you, kat. You seem to be the only person believing in me. *sniff* Others just get to see one picture with my legs and go crazy thinking I'm...I'm... *cries*

zgator
Member # 3833

... a computer program which does a remarkable job of imitating an actual person.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Coffee & French Vanilla
(Bryers)

Maybe a little bit of Hershey Chocolate Sauce on top

Frozen to Almost Frozen

Hmmm...I like most everything that Hagandaz sp? and Ben & Jerry's put out.

I'm getting a particular craving....

[This message has been edited by Tammy (edited January 22, 2003).]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
*believes in Kama*

Frozen yogurt chocolate-vanilla swirl, topped with small peanut-butter chips, served in a styrofoam bowl and eaten with a small plastic spoon. It's natural for it to be a bit melty right out of the machine. I'd try to save some of the PB chips for the last spoonful, and I always scrape the bottom of the bowl trying to get all the ice cream.

--xnera

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolate chip cookie dough if it's Ben & Jerry's, otherwise chocolate or cinnamon, with fudge and Cocoa Crisps (cereal), and NEVER any whipped cream or nuts (I'll send it back!).

psst...judgmental only has one 'e'!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm thinking Bob won't be able to keep up with all of his responses!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
probably but anyway...

Ice Cream: 1 scoop peanut butter, one scoop strawberry cheesecake.

Toppings: Peanut butter sauce, Reeses peanut butter cup, Hot Fudge

In: a dish...i hate cones.

How I eat it: Medium pace, fast enough so that it dosn't melt but slow enough that I don't get a brain freeze. And i probably won't finish it. AND I'll probably be sick in a few hours. I'm lactose intolerant

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

oooh! Thanks! I forgot.

I eat it in a coffee mug. And I wait for it to begin to melt.

Freaky enough for ya?

martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Cherry Garcia.

No toppings necessary.

No melty!!

wafer cone. that's the kind with the flat bottom. yeah, I know, that's uncultured of me, but sugar cones leave a nasty taste in my mouth.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
French Vanilla on a chocolate brownie.

No other toppings.

In an ice cream bowl.

Just a touch soft, I hate it soupy.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
The ice cream and toppings that I would choose varies with my mood and what I had to eat before hand (if anything).

However, my current favorite is this Fannie May mint meltaway ice cream that Dean's makes. (It's green with dark fudgy-minty ribbons in it.)

I top it with dark chocolate syrup, and sometimes a cherry (or three).

I prefer to eat it while it's still hard, but I'm always sure to eat the melted stuff, too, and all of the syrup that's still on the bottom of the bowl.

The actual bowl itself doesn't matter much to me.

[This message has been edited by Vána (edited January 22, 2003).]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite ice cream flavor changes from incident to incident. Currently, my favorite is One Sweet Whirled (Ben & Jerry's). But I am known to dig into a good mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, or cherry chocolate chip. Whipped cream is good (no toppings on Ben & Jerry's), and so are cherries and chocolate syrup.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles*

*waves*

Hi Lime!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baldar
Member # 2861

- posted      Profile for Baldar           Edit/Delete Post 
I am a Chunky Monkey kind of guy.
Posts: 6449 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Pistachio with almonds.

maple syrup, sprinkles, and pecans.

slightly melty.

with a waffle cone. NOT in one.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Judging from her behaviour, you'd think Vana is in love with Lime

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Cookies 'N Dream (a kind of rice cream)
No toppings. But I'm a no condiments kind of guy in general.
Right out of the container (one less bowl to wash!)
Not so hard that it bends my spoon, not so soft that it's dribbly. More of a firm I guess. I eat it slowly, then realize I enjoy it and speed up unconsciously. Get an ice cream headache. Get frustrated with self. Put away. Come back in 5 minutes. Usually with same spoon. Rinse and repeat.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Sorry I can't get to all of these this morning, or probably even today.

I'll have to come back and give you all your personality assessments at a later time.

I hope you don't let the ice cream melt in the meantime. Unless of course you like it that way.

Leonide
Member # 4157

*shakes finger at Bob*

you shouldn't have started something you couldn't finish, young man!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. That's an automatic deduction of a tenth of a Bob Point.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Vanilla ice cream.

Brown sugar, shredded coconut, and cornflakes.

Frozen, but not hard.

Glass or stoneware bowl..not plastic or paper.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
I like everything without toppings.
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

::wonders why no one has commented on the sheer brilliance of Cocoa Crispies as a topping, especially in conjunction with hot fudge::
zgator
Member # 3833

Cereal does not belong on ice cream. That is just wrong. Icarus and Dead Horse probably mix their peas and mashed potatos.
Icarus
Member # 3162

No, NUTS do not belong on ice cream. Ice Cream is DESSERT. It is SWEET. Nuts are a SNACK. They should be SALTY. Many people are ALLERGIC. Nuts should stand ALONE, and not be placed ON ANYTHING.

WHIPPED CREAM has no FLAVOR. It takes space away from MORE ICE CREAM. Whipped cream should not be placed on ANYTHING. Except NAKED WOMEN.

COCOA CRISPIES, on the other hand, are also SWEET. They work WELL with ice cream. Unlike CHOCOLATE CHUNKS, you can still taste Cocoa Crispies when they are FROZEN and IMMERSED in ICE CREAM. They also add a DELIGHTFUL CRUNCHINESS.

DELIGHTFUL CRUNCHINESS, by the way, is a good name for a ROCK BAND.

enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob

Fav Flavour: coconut cream, the kind with some actual coconut cream mixed through. Yum!

Toppings: a cherry or a few pecans (but not both) on a little whipped cream

State for eating: Soft enough to not have to fight to get the spoon through, but not melted.

Bowl: small and deep, like a Japanese rice bowl

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

i AGREE that nuts SHOULDN'T be placed on ICE CREAM. However, i disagree WITH your over-USE of CAPITAL LETTERS. Thank YOU
Icarus
Member # 3162

CHERRIES, like WHIPPED CREAM, do not belong on ICE CREAM.

CHERRIES, like WHIPPED CREAM, belong on ....

um, never mind...

Icarus
Member # 3162

oh, my! i'm being jumped on for capitalization! i feel like such a n00b! shame! shame! woe is me!
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
actually, icarus, salty and sweet work quite well together, whereas too much sweet, or the same kind of sweet, can be overwhelming or in fact make the dessert bland.

a few pecans on "dirty chocolate" (a rich dark chocolate icecream with lots of cocoa) is fabulous. the flavors are not similar, but very complimentary. (complementary? you know what i mean!)

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Premium quality Vanilla

With hot chocolate, caramel, chopped peanuts (for that salty complement), and whipped cream.

In a chilled dish, eaten with savor but quickly enough so the ice cream isn't a soup when you get to the bottom.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

nope. nuts don't complement ice cream. you are simply wrong. sorry. you too have been brainwashed by the restaurant industry that seeks to 'nut down' ice cream with cheaper nuts.
Icarus
Member # 3162

And don't even get me STARTED on CARAMEL!
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*throws a teaspoon of her icecream at Icarus*
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Caramel is wonderful, cereal boy.

And whipped cream also belongs on pumpkin pie.

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what Icarus would say about caramel: "Caramel belongs only on NAKED WOMEN!

And nuts? "Nuts definately DO NOT belong on NAKED WOMEN!"

[This message has been edited by ludosti (edited January 22, 2003).]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm okay with being wrong, as long as I can still have chopped peanuts on my Snicker's sundae (as we call them). And I really don't want it on a naked woman. Brrrrr...
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

quote:
And nuts? "Nuts definately DO NOT belong on NAKED WOMEN!"

Where in the world do they belong then?

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.