FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 7)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you including the question mark in the title? Or was the question mark just there as part of the question?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

And speaking of questions - if I change from a Heinekin to say, a Weinhards, do I eliminate the stand-offishness?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, its been a while, anyway, you're awesome bob. but one thing about your diagnosis on me. Soft Batch IS a brand, or perhaps a sub-brand. as far as I know, thier are no cookies called Soft Batch aside from the Keebler ones, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the profile
Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan...question mark was to indicate a question, not part of the title.

Also, what makes you think the choice of a Weinhard's would be less stand-offish than a Heine? I think you need to find something left of Michelob Dark, if you get my drift...

Slvrdragon -- that just goes to show you how long I have gone without cookies of any sort. Atkin's-impaired am I.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I would definitely read the story. PROVIDED that the ending w/ the Rocky Road wasn't horriby predictable -- but i'm sure you would take care of that, wouldn't ya? Unfortunately, now you'll have to change the ending because we all know what it is!!

For some reason the scenario reminds me of Pleasantville. *ponders*

It is also a tad Chocolat-y...the movie, not the book...in that the protagonist is able to tell everyone's favorites. I'd love to see that fleshed out Bob...I double dare ya!

[This message has been edited by Leonide (edited February 16, 2003).]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestJane
Member # 4223

- posted      Profile for ForestJane           Edit/Delete Post 
Your story? sounds like the characters would be getting into a really sticky situation.

quote:
how long I have gone without cookies of any sort. Atkin's-impaired am I.

And, no, not Atkin's impaired... Keebler impaired.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like ice cream unless it's home-made. The best ice-cream I ever had was vannila, made not through churning it in a metal case that was put in salt and ice, but ice cream made by pouring in Liquid Nitrogen. So that's my flavor.

Toppings: sprinkles are OK, but unless I'm in the mood for great quantities of sugar, no toppings.

Liquid Nitrogen cold, but since it doesn't have enough time to truly fully freeze, it's texture is a little melty.

Hobbes

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Well, Bob - include the question mark in the title - definitely - it's tantalizing that way.

and I'm crushed - a MICHELOB?!?!?! - even dark . . . I just don't know . . . Miller in a pinch? Go left, go left . . . it's a stretch . . .

ForestJane
Member # 4223

Bump!

Plz don't quit NOW, Mr Scopatz, sir!

Posts: 112 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmmmm...
Most definately Brown Cow icecream from Tillamook, with a dash of chocolate syrup and in a medium-sized glass bowl (unless it is a bigger portion). Oh and just a hint of meltedness.

[This message has been edited by Mr.Funny (edited February 19, 2003).]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
wow thats a pretty close discription of me. except for being a hands on manager. i try to stay away from leadership positions. some time they get thrown at me while im running away as fast as i can. so i usualy end up doing the best i can until they see how horrible i am at it and get some one else.

oh umm shouldn't this be kept on the first page.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
*pokes head into thread*

Hey, Bob, are you still doing personality profiles? Here's me:

Chocolate mousse ice cream in a bowl, no toppings, soft enough that it melts in my mouth, but not so soft that it melts before I'm done eating it.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry folks, I came out here last night and the system was down. I'll get back to this soon!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
oOo Bob! Write it!!!

<-- predicts a best-seller

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
gives it a toss back to the top
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*patiently awaits profile*
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Coil:
Fresh strawberry ice cream - I'm talking made with strawberries, cream, and sugar. Nothing else.

Fresh whipped cream (REAL, with a touch of vanilla), and a cherry

Consistancy? ultra-thick milkshake. I'm talking stick a spoon in it and it stands straight up, but you use a straw anyway. (:

As for what to serve it in, I love the old fountain-style tall glasses. Also, there should be more made than will fit into the glass, and I want the remainder in the steel tumbler they made it in on the side!

quote:
Real strawberry ice cream, as we've seen before, is the flavor of true romantics. Your purist tendencies (only wanting it made with fresh strawberries, cream and sugar) indicate a rather strict interpretation of romance. It is the guy's responsibility to woo the woman. The woman's "job" is to keep the man coming back for more. The chase is everything!

quote:
A preference for real whipped cream and a single cherry indicates a desire for a mate who compliments you in all ways, but yet has a certain something extra to offer. The ideal partner in life will be someone who can provide some finishing touches to your personality, but also has some existence above and beyond that which makes you better. You enjoy your independence and want someone who both reflects well on you and is attractive in their own right.

quote:
The preference for extrememly thick "milk shakes" and the use of a straw indicates a very contrarian nature. You like to do things your own way. You always do a great job, but you resent any sort of intrusion or unwanted instruction.

quote:
Your choice of a traditional fountain glass and the desire for extra on the side indicates a profound disatisfaction with rules. You can play the games required of you and adept at handling yourself in most social settings but you see beyond it all. To you, every situation is to be seen as an opportunity and you are there to extract as much from it as you can.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, The book sounds great. The first time your hero meets the girl, she should come in to the shop with a guy who orders some flavor that really clashes with her personality. He turns out to be a really nice guy, whose only flaw is that he is all wrong for her.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ela:
Telling you my favorite ice cream is a toughy - I love lots of different kinds!
One of my favorites since childhood:

Vanilla, very good quality, preferably with flecks of vanilla bean in it.

Topping: Butterscotch sauce. Some real whipped cream is good, too, but can be optional (I don't like that fake whipped cream).

I eat it slowly, soft enough so it's smooth and creamy, but not melty. I usually eat this concoction in a bowl, but I happen to love sugar cones (the cookie type of cone - I can't stand the melt-in-your-mouth wafer cones).

quote:
You profess not to have a favorite, but then you reveal your true self by selecting premium vanilla with flecks of vanilla bean. This is the flavor of those who are very sure of themselves and their place in the cosmos. You are exactly what you seem, but there is still some hidden depth to be discovered by those who become really close to you. You do not like games, but are especially hard on yourself regarding this. You live a fully examined life.

quote:
Your topping preference for butterscotch indicates that your relationships are often deep and very spiritual. You bring something "different" to the table and most people recognize it right away. You feel most comfortable with people that you can really get to know, but you are gregarious enough that you make friends easily even with people you've just met. The choice of your closest friends and your spouse is a somewhat different matter. Sure, you look for a deep and all-consuming relationship, but you don't want to be surrounded with clones of yourself. You challenge those around you to be THEIR OWN best person.

quote:
A preference for bowls or perhaps a sugar cone shows a dichotomy in your working life. You enjoy what you do, no doubt, but your true passion is somewhere else. You just haven't figured out how to make it pay the bills. Being who you are, you actually overcompensate in your regular job and go way overboard in taking on duties and caring deeply for it, partly out of guilt because you fear that because you'd rather be doing something else, you JUST MIGHT not do your best. SO you do your best and then some.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited February 22, 2003).]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Arthur:
I can't eat ice cream anymore, but if I could...
I would have french vanilla partially melted in a tall sundae dish with hot fudge, rainbow sprinkles, peanuts, whipped cream and 2 cherries.

quote:
You can't eat ice cream anymore???? Do you feel your personality destabilizing???

j/k

quote:
French vanilla has been covered before, but briefly it is the flavor of those who are traditionalists in an old-world sort of way. You may feel a bit of a misfit in your home town, but your values and mannerisms would fit right in elsewhere. You don't put on pretenses, but many in your immediate surroundings take you for an elitist. You do have a healthy sense of your own intellectual superiority. And you like people who have a touch of class.

quote:
Your toppings choices (hot fudge, rainbow sprinkles, peanuts, whipped cream and 2 cherries) indicate that you have many, many friends from a wide array of backgrounds. You keep your friends seperate -- like you fit into many "cliques" but they don't mutually mix very well. Though few of them are close, you do have room in your heart for a select core. Your ideal mate will have an outgoing nature and will be the one person who truly knows you.

quote:
Your choice of partially melted ice cream indicates an aversion to conflict. You are the peacemaker in so many situations and people admire you for it.

quote:
The choice of a tall sundae glass indicates that you enjoy a traditional work environment. You work best within a clearly defined structure and prefer a well-organized team to the chaos of a flat organizational structure where everyone is their own boss. You excel at organizing and planning although you probably think of yourself as somewhat disorganized. This is a trait that will get you over many an obstacle in life.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

BananaOJ:
I thought long and hard before posting to this thread. I have two preferred dishes, but never both at the same time. The first, a preferably gourmet vanilla ice cream with heated Mr. Richardson's Butterscotch-Carmel (MUST BE this brand)slathered on it until there is almost more topping than icecream, as the icream melts from the heat, I swirl them together into a gooey consistency and eat it until the very end. I have been known to lick the bowl, though my dogs get mad at me because they claim that as their right.

The second, probably more frequent dish is plain strawberry. I always get this if I'm getting a cone. I also buy this more frequently. Preferably a brand that has large genuine strawberry chunks in it. I eat the genuine strawberry chunks first if possible. The store brands that don't use real strawberries (100% artifical flavor) which I would only eat out of desparation generally have too much artifical flavor and taste waxy, with a faint aftertaste of the beet juice they use for coloring.

quote:
Ah...you have given me two views of yourself, but they are essentially the same. Neither "you" is complete without the other.

Okay, the first you is the sensible, traditionalist. In this mode, you display a very refined sense of style and decorum. This is the public you. And this "you" wants nothing more than a truly considerate mate who is willing to just smother you in style and comfort. Not that this is a "mercenary" type of love. No, you just enjoy being pampered, that's all.

The other "you" is the dyed-in-the-wool romantic. And you have definite ideas about what counts as romance. You are willing to give your all in a lifelong committment to true love.

quote:
You have a tendency to lose yourself in relationships. So much so that if one ends, you have a hard time unraveling yourself from the "us" that is no more. You can't understand things like marital discord -- it's like fighting with yourself and you just can't figure it out. You sometimes wear your heart on your sleeve but remarkably you still don't hold back. People value this in you and look up to you for it.

quote:
In your working life, you like to take charge and be sure that everything is finished just so. But you are sensitive enough to other's needs that you will often take a back seat and let others get the glory. Fortunately, few are fooled by this. They can tell when you've had your hand in a project because the end result is always top drawer. You are looked upon as a great builder of talent in any organization.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Thus endeth thy submissions upon page 3!!!

coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Bob. Just... wow.
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Incredible, Bob. You're the guy!

Here's a clincher -

what would a person with say MPD or a dissociative disorder of some type look like in these "readings"?

I was cleaning up the office on Friday and came across an old psych book . . . would each personality have a distinct flavor do you suppose or would there be no ability to choose . . .

(Don't worry - I'm not a therapist - I won't apply your answer to anyone! )

Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
"Bump"
Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Green Tea ice cream. That's it. Give me that and I'm happy.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*still patiently waiting for profile*
Hobbes
Member # 433

*still impatiently waiting for profile*

Hobbes

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Shan...that's a great question. If there is only ONE subconscious (that is aware of ALL the various personalities -- sort of an overarching awareness of self separate and apart from the various "selves"), then I suspect that there would be a preference for a melange of the various favorites all at once.

If ice cream preference is a product of the conscious mind, which I assert it is NOT, then I would expect that such a person might vascillate between favorites, all the while acknowledging only ONE favorite.

An inability to choose is not a sign of any deep seated personality disorder by any means. I think it is a sign of someone more in touch with their duality than most of us.

I mean, what is a complexly mixed "flavor" than just a few flavors inextricably tied...

As for the rest of you. Patient or not, you will (sadly) have to wait until I return from my trip to Minnesota. This is for two very important reasons:
1) Online time is very limited by the hotel's phone charges, and

2) It is so fricken' cold here that if I even try to think about ice cream, my brain freezes.

Minus 17 with the wind chill today.

Shan
Member # 4550

I used to walk to the bus with wind chill factors of -60, Bob - don't snivel, now - it'll freeze on your nose and be really uncomfy.

Okay - granted, if there were one over-arching personality (is that the one they so charmingly labeled "inside out" MPD?) that keeps track of/communicates with all the rest . . . don't you think it would be in control enough to have a favorite whereas in the classic say "Eve" or "Sybil" case, there would be different favorites depending on the self in charge? But without any knowledge of the others - prior to a lot of treatment, of course. But then what would happen to the personality that finally got put back together into one - merged, right? I knew I should've paid more attention in this class . . .

Calisthenics will help you stay warm, by the by - lots of 'em. So will sitting on top of heaters.

Hobbes
Member # 433

Have fun Bob!

<--*Isn't actually that impatient and hopes Bob has a good time*

Hobbes

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you scary!!

You been reading my diary?

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

The quickest way to cure a multiple personality disorder is to prescribe a diet of vanilla ice cream. In certain cases, however, the shock of such a suddent shift could be catastrophic, so you might want to ease into it by, say, starting with a mix of flavors and then slowly migrating to a single scoop of a flavor that integrates them all.

Shan
Member # 4550

Smooth. Very smooth.
ForestJane
Member # 4223

Rescuing this thread from the bottom of Page 3 before it gets lost in obscurity.

BUMP!

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
So, am I the only one that thinks Bob is just analyzing our posts and making up the ice-cream part?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
The thought has crossed my mind . . .
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Kayla: the flaw there is that people who like the same flavor/topping/etc get more or less the same response for that particular part, and it still fits.

Any gorgeous strawberry-lovers out there, speak up! ^^

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Are we allowed to bump this thread if it already at the tope of the page?

Hobbes

prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
What if I like Chocolate Ice Cream in a glass with milk in it, and I eat it immediately so its still icy? Can you tell me what that means?

--Prolixshore

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

you scary -

verrryyyy scary

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!!!! he got to mine the only part you got dead wrong is this "you display a very refined sense of style and decorum." I have no style and even less decorum.... My boyfriend sends me back to change my clothes because I clash and I've been told by employers that I have a lack of tact. I'm an engineer. But, being an engineer "traditionalist" definitely fits.

Other than that you nailed the last two paragraphs pretty good. I wouldn't know about relationships ending because I've only had one bf though. I'm going to have him read it and see what he thinks!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestJane
Member # 4223

Bump.

58 profiles done. A VERY dedicated worker, Mr Scopatz is... but ... aren't you back from Minnesota YET?

sighhhh.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

quote:
So, am I the only one that thinks Bob is just analyzing our posts and making up the ice-cream part?

You're giving me way too much credit. I rarely pay attention to what anyone else posts here on Hatrack, let alone who it is that was saying it.

Anyway, I AM making it all up. I'm having to re-read what I said about flavors and toppings in the past so I remain somewhat consistent, but otherwise each profile is created de novo especially for the submitting person.

And they are all made up, off the cuff. They contain no real substance or link to reality whatsoever.

So...remember...don't rearrange you life based on what I say in this (or any other) thread.

On the other hand, if you were told that you have a sense of style and decorum, but you don't quite agree with that, you may want to consider that this profile could be capturing something in your future. Perhaps after you take those executive finishing courses you've been thinking about? Or learn to "dress for success?"

Fossil
Member # 2958

- posted      Profile for Fossil           Edit/Delete Post 
This is pretty cool...Me next!

Flavor-Cookie Dough

Toppings-Gummy worms, cookie bits, fudge, fudge syrup, that hard-shell stuff, peanut butter, or a combination of everything above

State-Frozen at first, but allowed to melt over time

Bowl-My Penguin bowl
^_^

Posts: 995 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bite:

I like double ice creams, served on a bowl so there is room for maneuver. Rose petals and cucumber are my favourites. The Rose ice cream with no topings, fresh and made with fragrant home grown non-altered or fumigated flowers. The cucumber ice cream I like topped with some powdered chilli and a bit of extra salt.

That's about it.

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Bob figured out that I don't really want to work at all.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*still patiently awaiting profile*
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
What if I were to say I didn't like ice cream? What would that say about me?
Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Bump

Hobbes

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.