FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 9)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bob! It's really uncanny. Totally worth the wait.

[ March 29, 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - Bob goes to a lot of trouble for these. That makes them really special. [Smile]

Now I want to know how evil I am for being The Infamous Rocky Road.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
*still waiting for mine... [Frown] *
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
MEC:
brand: edys
flavor: samoas(girl scout cookies)
bowl: out of the box
state: the way it comes

quote:
The choice of Edy's girl-scout cookie flavored (is it made with real girl scouts?) ice cream shows a fondness for organization. This is a person who enjoys knowing that there is a structure to things and where he/she fits in the grand scheme of things. There's an element of rebellion against authority, but it is within very tightly controlled boundaries. More on this later...

The Edy's flavor actually is described as:
"Girl Scouts Somoas Cookie Ice Cream - pieces of Samoas (Carmel deLites) with creamy caramel ice cream and ribbons of fudge."

Now, we know from previous profiles that those who like caramel ice cream have very sweet dispositions. Including within that the more complex ideas of romance and a sort of solidity -- one wouldn't have to stretch too far to call it a "moral compass" makes this person out to be very mature and having strong convictions.

quote:
Eating the ice cream "out of the box" and "the way it comes" is a sign of a practical nature. This is a person who takes life as is, and doesn't expect the world to change just to suit a personal need.

There's an element of rebelliousness in there too. This usually takes the form of doing things in the simplest way possible, despite what the directions say, or what the boss seems to want. It's not about rebellion, really, it is more about seeing a better way and having the courage and intestinal fortitude to buck the system to prove a point. Usually it works out, but there are small-minded bureaucrats out there who are willing to make life miserable just because they weren't consulted first and because they LOVE the rules.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei:

Flavor: mint chocolate chip.
Toppings: none, or hot fudge
Method of eating: eat it slowly enough to savor it and let it get a little soft, but not long enough to let it melt.
Bowl: waffle cone. (If it has to be an actual bowl, I just want it clean and not warm).

quote:
We've seen mint chocolate chip before in these pages. To make it short, this is a person with surprises in store for those who take the time to notice. Typically not easy to get to know, though. A lot of barriers that, are actually easy to break through. But other people are sometimes put off by it.

There's a romantic side, but more or less hidden from view most of the time.

quote:
Hot fudge as a topping indicates a desire for that one true love who will become all -- the reason for being. It's this one true love who will really bring out the romantic in this person.
quote:
At work, this is a person who has an old-fashioned work ethic. Doesn't mind projects where the pace changes frequently or when the direction has to change. The bottom line, however, is that everything gets done and the end result is always something to enjoy and praise.
quote:
This is a person who savors life and takes things slow in building friendships or, especially, in relationships. Typically, the journey will be made in small steps with lots of depth of contact along the way. In the end, this person will know you better than you know yourself. Friends often come to this person for advice because of the ability to see things so clearly and completely.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bokonon:

Coffee soft serve, like that from Dairy Queen.

Hot Chocolate, hot Caramel, lots of whipped cream, and a cherry on top.

Preferably in a cup, so I don't get my hands sticky.

quote:
Coffee ice cream is the choice of intellectuals. The soft-serve varieties are those preferred by artists (especially those with an interest in poetry, languages, or highly-technical types of art). These people are usually very good with mechanical things and tend to also grasp theoretical concepts that are grounded in the technical (science and engineering, for example). Not much for metaphysics, though. Philosophy isn't a big draw either.
quote:
The use of hot chocolate, hot caramel along with whipped cream and a cherry indicates interest in a broad range of friendships and romantic pursuits. There's a hope for the perfect mate, but it would have to be someone really special; sweet, romantic, truthful, and also someone intelligent enough and interesting enough to be "value added". It's a tall order.

quote:
The preference for a cup, and for the reason of "not getting ones hands sticky" indicates a somewhat fussy nature. This is a person who, at work, especially, does not like surprises. Things are supposed to work a certain way, and when they don't, the illogic of the situation is just too perturbing. There's no flying off the handle with this one, but everyone knows when the line has been crossed. Coworkers sometimes are the greatest source of irritation in this person's life and they know it! In some work environments, this person would end up being the outsider. In others, the butt of practical jokes. As a boss, this type of person often has to learn the hard way how to delegate responsibility and then let the people do their job in their own way -- as long as the end result is good. Not especially empathetic, but can be with the few close friends and family that know the real person.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ralphie:
The Infamous Rocky Road!
Bowl and spoon
Ice cold
No toppings

quote:
Rocky Road...it figures. No, really! It does.

Rocky Road is the flavor of the hyper-complex personality. These are people who are always noticed -- needing attention. Known as "high maintenance" in current parlance, they are the classic demanding and commanding personalities among us. VERY strong-willed and with a flaring temper.

On the plus side, these people tend to have very broad interests and are extremely intelligent. As a result, they usually have many friends and are sought after in social settings.

These people also possess more than the usual share of common sense. They can be somewhat jaded about it though, tending toward pessimism.

quote:
Rocky Road afficianados who do not use toppings are not like the typical "no toppings" folks. They aren't saying they aren't interested in having a close relationship. Rather, they are saying that that relationship will be on their terms. This is the type of person who rules the roost. Always in the dominant position when it comes to relationships. For the right mate, this is an ideal relationship because you always know where you stand with this one. There's no hidden agenda.

One caveat -- in love, there is a tendency to hold onto secrets. You'll be surprised by the stories this person hasn't told you, even after decades together.

Be patient and don't push. If you are hearing the story now, it is because you passed a test. Be happy!

quote:
The person who eats Rocky road in a bowl with a spoon is displaying a desire to have some solid definition in working life. There's the usual strong tendency to get every last ounce of benefit from any situation. But there's more here too. This is a person who usually has a hard time working with other people and especially with most "bosses." The hope is for a stable work environment that really is a good "fit." Coworkers like having this person on their projects because of the take charge attitude. Slackers and incompetents shy away in fear!
quote:
As we've seen before, eating ice cream ice cold is a trait associated with a very practical nature. This is manifestation of that "jaded common sense" referred to before. You'll often find this person leading a group by explaining how all the little problems are meaningless. "Suck it up" is at least a frequent thought, if not a verbalized command.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Khavanon:

Flavor: Caramel Pecan Praline
Toppings: none
How it's eaten: I prefer it to be frozen. I'll eat it in a plastic bowl. I'll put a lot of ice cream into the bowl.

quote:
The praline varieties of ice cream are prefered by the truly cerebral. These people try to "think" their way through life. Not that there's no feelings there, but that feelings aren't considered a good guide. This person has a very sweet nature and that "big heartedness" tends to sometimes overshadow the deep thinker within. True friends know what a brain this person is, but many casual acquaintances never see it. There is a tendency for putting up barriers though, especially in an attempt to avoid being hurt by love interests or close friends.
quote:
The choice of no toppings here indicates that element of putting up a barrier to truly close relationships. It isn't much of a barrier, mind you. This person will take a risk on a relationship, but it helps if the other person makes the first move. Also, the person must be sincere and truthful.
quote:
Using a bowl and loading up that bowl is a sign of a real workhorse. This is a personality type who is often "abused" by employers in that the capacity for MORE work and MORE on top of that seems endless. This person will always find a way to get it done. Overload is a constant danger though because once this type of person hits their limit, watch out!!!
quote:
Eating ice cream frozen indicates an ability to take life as it comes. Hard edges in life are expected and even welcomed. Things aren't supposed to go right the first time. This person thinks things through and is confident of the approach to take in most situations. Combined with a nature that will see things through to the end, this person is usually successful. The defeats, though rare, hit home in dramatic ways. Withdrawal is a possibility when things don't work. Good friends are a bulwark against this tendency.

[ March 30, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
EVIL! AND EVIL!!!!

I demand a re-evaluation!
Man... I have a reputation to keep.

[Wink] [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Nick:

Plain vanilla with a little whip cream and a lot of chocolate syrup sprinkled with chopped almonds that are dipped in dark chocolate. I also have it with a cherry on top if I feel like it

quote:
Plain vanilla is the flavor of choice for traditionalists who play no games and put on no airs or acts. Usually, they have a sense of style, though circumstances may block this from showing through until later in life.
quote:
The toppings of copious amounts of chocolate syrup, plus chopped almonds dipped in chocolate, with a small amount of whipped cream and the occasional cherry indicates a real love of friendship. This is a person who values their friends and thinks of friendship much the way Dumas wrote about the Musketeers. All for one and one for all! In the romance department, this person longs for a truly romantic partner who will fill the void(s) in life. There's also an element of wanting that person to be just a little bit extra or special in a highly personal way that I can't really comment on here. Suffice it to say that an occassional fantasy indulgence would go a long way here. Wink wink!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yozhik:
My favorite flavor of ice cream is Grapenut. I have only ever found it in my home area of PA, though it may be available other places.

It's best homemade. Here is a recipe:
--------------------
Grapenut Ice Cream

1 qt. whole milk
2 eggs
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup Grape Nuts
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 junket tablets dissolved in 1 tbs. cold water

Heat the milk until lukewarm and add the sugars. Separate the eggs and add the yolks well beaten, the vanilla, salt and dissolved junket tablets. Stir thoroughly and chill. Then fold in the egg whites beaten stiff and the whipping cream, combined with the Grape-Nuts. Stir thoroughly to mix all the ingredients. Freeze with ice cream maker.

quote:
I tried this recipe and I'm happy to say it changed my life!!!
quote:
This is a person who personifies excellence. A real achiever. It would not be surprising to find this person at the top of the class, being courted by top schools or employers. In fact, one thing that people notice right away about this person is just an aura of competence. Quick witted and able to really digest information.

A tendency to become somewhat absorbed in minutia is the only real negative aspect of this personality. Controlling that, or rather using for even more productive work is the sign that this person has really chosen well in life. People like this make fine engineers, but also amazingly competent politicians, lawyers, or data analysts. Other factors in the personality really help determine what the best fit is.

quote:
Unfortunately, the kinds of details we would need to paint a more accurate picture of this person's relationships, work life, etc. are missing from the submission. We know that this is a person who will always rise to the top in any crowd, but it's impossible to say more now.

In general, these people do need to be the center of attention, though, so there's a concern there that might need looking into regarding romance or friendship.

This person considers themself to be very down to earth and interested in hand-crafted excellence. The truth is not far off from that, but that "down home" charm is often seen by others as "false modesty." There is the problem of others building up resentment towards this person and that can cause set backs especially early in life before having attained positions of real power.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

That's it for page 8!!!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Wow! I am actually caught up.

So... from now on, I have to say that I'm not going to answer every one of these or do so in a prompt fashion.

I need time to write the story I proposed, so it'd be a big favor to me if we didn't add any more requests to this thread for awhile.

I'd enjoy some feedback though. What things were really good fits.

Which things were sort of not a good fit?

Why?

It could help!

Thanks folks.

This was really fun!!!

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked mine! [Big Grin] Mine was true! [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob asks, and he shall receive [Smile]

My profile, truths and falses [Wink]

quote:
Peanut butter ice cream indicates a longing for the simplicity of youth. This and a care-free attitude combine to make an adult with a remarkably youthful outlook on life. Fun is important to this person.
Hmm...yes and no. I've always wanted to be an adult. I always wanted the respect adults seemed to command, I always wanted the privilege...but i guess I didn't want any of the responsibility. I'm still waiting for everything to get easy [Wink] So, yes...i yearn for the simplicity of youth. But I'm not so sure about the fun thing...I enjoy a good serious conversation as much as...someone else who enjoys a good serious conversation.

quote:
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream is the sign of a person who wants more, MUCH more out of life. This is a restless soul, ever searching for ways to improve herself and her lot in life. Employers, don't take this one for granted because soon enough you could be working for her! Loves a challenge as long as there is some obvious goal or reward in sight.
Yes. Oh yes. BUT I'm lazy as all get-out, so employers have nothing to fear from me. At least employers in careers that I don't plan on doing for the rest of my life. Barnes & Noble is safe from me. The local theatre company...I would take them over in a second...so I guess I could agree with that. The instant gratification thing is absolutely me. 100%

quote:
Peanut butter sauce mixed with Hot Fudge and Reeses PB cups altogether on one confection. This is a person who knows exactly what she wants in a relationship and, in particular, she's looking for a person JUST LIKE HERSELF. You have to share her sense of fun and adventure or just hit the road, Jack. And while you're at it, lighten up! If you want to impress this person, you'd better be witty and down to earth. Good looks won't hurt your chances, but it's the spirit she's really after. Let loose with her and watch what happens!!!
This paragraph would have made me spit out my juice had I been drinking whilst reading it. This is so dead-on. Unbelievably correct. I have odd taste when it comes to men...the ones I like are invariably other people's third or forth choices...because I look for their personalities. In fact, many so-called "hotter than a hotcake" men have turned downright ugly in my eyes after I have a conversation with them. My family and friends can't comprehend this...I can't even *acknowledge* their attractiveness if I know there's a bad person hiding underneath.
I digress. It's insanely perfect, Bob.

quote:
People who eat ice cream from a dish searching for stability. They are willing to chase down the very last of everything, but they also aren't afraid of getting into the gooey messes of life. They never turn down a work assignment, no matter how menial, as long as it holds the promise of some tangible reward.
I agree with the stability. I agree with the tangible reward thing. I'm not so sure about the middle stuff. Depends on what you mean by gooey messes. I avoid confrontation at all costs. Hmm, I guess I agree with the work assignment too...although I will often try to weasel out of things when I see an opportunity. I'm lazy, i like to keep things simple. Things were so slow at the store the other day and instead of alphabetizing or doing something productive I watched 5 episodes of M.A.S.H. on our in-store DVD player. *is very ashamed*

quote:
Those who despise cones as a holder for their ice cream are somewhat inflexible in their work relationships. They want things a certain way and it has to meet with their sense of organization, timing and added value. They make great bosses if you are willing to do things their way most of the time.
Ha. Yeah.

quote:
A medium pace of ice cream ingestion indicates a fear of the future. You might find this person falling in love yet failing to ultimately commit. Don't be deterred, though, because this is not their true personality, but an indication of some lingering insecurities. Overcome those and you'll be in for the ride of your life.
This one I gotta disagree with. I'm looking for a serious relationship...I'm not a date-around kind of person. So if I meet someone and make the conscious decision to "become a couple," i mean it. If you mean I'm hesitant about getting into a relationship...I don't know. I really haven't had enough opportunties to judge this.

quote:
Those suffering from lactose intolerance who still eat ice cream display a healthy disregard for the rules, and sometimes even for reality itself. If you need an off-the-wall solution, this is your person. They'll try anything and stick with it if it works. Unfortunately, this all comes at a price. There's a lot of guilt that builds up and you can expect this person to get overwhelmed with it periodically. Usually, this is just temporary.
YES. YESSSSSSSS. I am a healthy disregarder of reality, oh yes. Guilt. Ha. Yes. Dead-on again, Mr. Scopatz. So true.

I'm bored at it's almost 2 in the morning, sorry if this was a tad bit more than you were asking for [Smile] I am ecstatic that you're actually writing this story, Bob!! I wish you all the luck in the world.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Saudade,

I'm not sure what I can do here. If you want to be perceived as evil (is that it?) you'll have to change your ice cream preferences dramatically.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, Bob, that was really splendid of you to take your time out to write up a specialized profile for each request. Thank you so much for doing mine.

There were aspects of your profile which were spot-on and, actually, the aspects that were not perfect matches were often traits I've worked hard to change about myself.

Your spot-ons and not so spot-ons are as follows:

quote:
These are people who are always noticed -- needing attention. Known as "high maintenance" in current parlance, they are the classic demanding and commanding personalities among us. VERY strong-willed and with a flaring temper.

On the plus side, these people tend to have very broad interests and are extremely intelligent. As a result, they usually have many friends and are sought after in social settings.

These people also possess more than the usual share of common sense. They can be somewhat jaded about it though, tending toward pessimism.

I'm both noticed and very demanding of attention. I need regular affirmation that 'the masses' (as opposed to the individual person) view me as unique and witty. I'm a scene stealer, a conversation hog and I make basic situations into stage/audience formats. That was right on.

I've never had a flaring temper, and I've never been high-maintanence. I've erased my natural need to be commanding. As often as I try to steal the show, I don't feel the need to direct it. I'm just in it for the glory, not the power. [Smile]

I value my common sense far more than my intelligence, and I do tend to be a bit jaded. However, I'm almost stupidly optimistic.

quote:
Rocky Road afficianados who do not use toppings are not like the typical "no toppings" folks. They aren't saying they aren't interested in having a close relationship. Rather, they are saying that that relationship will be on their terms. This is the type of person who rules the roost. Always in the dominant position when it comes to relationships. For the right mate, this is an ideal relationship because you always know where you stand with this one. There's no hidden agenda.
Relationship on my terms? Usually. Rules the roost? I work very, very hard on not doing so. I think I may have finally beaten the tendency. I figured out quick that, man - life is so much easier when you don't feel the need to just take over.

Never a hidden agenda.

quote:
One caveat -- in love, there is a tendency to hold onto secrets. You'll be surprised by the stories this person hasn't told you, even after decades together.

Be patient and don't push. If you are hearing the story now, it is because you passed a test. Be happy!

My Memento-like memory must break me from this Rocky Road mold. I can't remember secrets long enough to keep them. And I blab to Dan everything, including how I'm feeling exactly when I'm feeling it. I figure it's just got to be fascinating to him. [Smile]

edit: After thinking about it a bit, I realize that I do keep 'secrets' from acquaintances, and I'm quick to inform people that if they're looking for their beeswax, it isn't in my general area. Maybe I blab everything to Dan because he just passed the test a long time ago.

quote:
The person who eats Rocky road in a bowl with a spoon is displaying a desire to have some solid definition in working life. There's the usual strong tendency to get every last ounce of benefit from any situation. But there's more here too. This is a person who usually has a hard time working with other people and especially with most "bosses." The hope is for a stable work environment that really is a good "fit." Coworkers like having this person on their projects because of the take charge attitude. Slackers and incompetents shy away in fear!
If I wasn't such a slacker and incompetent myself, this would be like the summary of my employment diary. "There's the usual strong tendency to get every last ounce of benefit from any situation" is very accurate. It seems, too, that I especially have difficulty with "bosses". I don't want power, but I don't want anyone else to have it, either.

quote:
As we've seen before, eating ice cream ice cold is a trait associated with a very practical nature. This is manifestation of that "jaded common sense" referred to before. You'll often find this person leading a group by explaining how all the little problems are meaningless. "Suck it up" is at least a frequent thought, if not a verbalized command.
Yes, yes, yes and yes. I don't like it about myself, and I try to see things more three-dimensionally than I have in the past, but yes. Suck it up, big baby.

Thanks again, Boblicious! Get to writing your story and win that Phobos!

[ March 30, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, the first one you did for me is dead on accurate. (Well, I certainly hope the wise part later in life is [Wink] )

When the updated version came out, I laughed. The first paragraph wasn't too far off, but I'm not adventurous, and although people tease me for my manners and generosity, I'm not likely to overwhelm anyone my time or just plain fun. (Unless, of course, by my time, you might also include solitary work on behalf of someone else. That I'll do, but not if I actually have to be in the same room with them. [Eek!] )

The second paragraph, "unless crossed" and being slow to anger...dead on. I'm very slow to anger, but man, when I do, look out. Oh, I could tell you some stories about people who wished they hadn't crossed me. [Wink]

The last paragraph in the second version didn't apply to me, but I think that was a miscommunication on my part.

Thanks again. And really, if you ever need any research done.... [Smile]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you are truly amazing. Thank you again for spending all that time and energy on theses.

Can we be mentioned in your soon-to-be bestseller???? Pretty please . . . ????? [Razz]

Shan:
Oversize, multi-colored, hand-painted ceramic soup mug. Heavy.
Pecan praline, 3 large scoops. Caramel topping (the kind you have to heat slightly first, otherwise your spoon gets stuck) - allowed to puddle in the bottom of the bowl because it is so much fun to eat a big spoonful of the stuff at the end. Normal sized spoon.

One Heinekin to complement.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pecan Praline is the choice of the truely cerebral. [Big Grin]

These people are thinkers and also are generally thought of as "nice" people. They can be very complex and typically hide much of themselves from others. In fact, it takes years and years to really know this person. But the time is filled with interesting thoughts, if not so much flowing conversation. [Big Grin] NAILED THE BUTTON ON THE HEAD - I AM SO WELL HIDDEN I AM STILL GETTING TO KNOW ME.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Using beer to complement an ice cream treat is the sign that you are searching for someone truly unconventional. [Cool]

You know your tastes run to the "trashy side" but you want that really to just be an "act". ACTUALLY I JUST WANT THAT TO BE OVER WITH - BUT IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS TO READ BECAUSE IT SO ACCURATELY DESCRIBED THE YOUNGER ME - THE OLDER, WISER ME WILL SETTLE FOR A DECENT, HARDWORKING, FUN MAN - THAT ALSO ENJOYS A BEER WITH HIS ICECREAM [Big Grin]

You like the "bad side" in your lovers as long as they can class it up a bit when necessary. Like when meeting the relatives...OKAY - THIS IS STILL THE TEMPTING PART - I REMEMBER BRINGING HOME MY FIRST SHORT-HAIR "BOYFRIEND" (NOT REALLY - ALL AN ELABORATE PLOY TO TRICK MY WAY TOO UPTIGHT PARENTS) IN COLLEGE IN 1987, MY FAMILY WAS SO IMPRESSED - SO I LET THEM OOOH AND AHHH FOR A BIT BEFORE I LET THEM KNOW HE WAS NOT ONLY AN ASPIRING LAWYER, (MORE OOHHS AND AHHS) BUT A GOOD MUSICIAN (BUMMED FACES AND DEEP SIGHS)AND HE DEALT DRUGS TO PAY FOR HIS EDUCATION [Eek!] - AT THE TIME I THOUGHT THE LOOK ON THEIR FACES WAS RATHER HILARIOUS

You are a bit stand-off-ish however, and may not be looking for a full blown love affair. NO, A RESPECTFUL, THOUGHTFUL, HONEST MARRIAGE WOULD DO - MAYBE - I THINK??? More like a meeting of the minds and some good fun. WELL - THERE IS THAT - ONE DOES HAVE TO HAVE FUN . . . Compatibility isn't a real issue for you because you can actually see the good in everyone and the fun you can have with them. ABOUT 23 YEARS AGO - IT ALL DIED A SUDDEN AND HORRID DEATH WHEN I HIT AGE 11.

quote:
Heating the ice cream first -- to soften it so the spoon can get through it -- is a sign of not enjoying conflict situations. In fact, this is one of your fears with intimate relationships...that they always seem to evolve into conflict if not open war. And you just naturally pull away from that. Liking that soupy last spoonful is a sign that you always finish what you start and, in fact, get a little bit upset with those who don't have that kind of staying power.

WELL, ACTUALLY, I WASN'T VERY CLEAR - I MEANT THE TOPPING TO BE HEATED FIRST - HOWEVER, THE ANALYSIS STILL FIT. STAYING POWER IS IMPORTANT IN ALL AREAS - IT'S CALLED SURVIVAL AND I WOULDN'T BE HERE WITHOUT IT.

quote:
Eating your ice cream from a heavy, Oversize, multi-colored, hand-painted ceramic soup mug shows that you truly love your work. It gives you great satisfaction and it is part of the definition of who you are. You have some real down-to-earth approaches to most tasks but are capable of some amazing flashes of insight. YEP

It comes from loving your subject matter so much that you can make those brilliant connections that would never occur to most people. I DON'T EVEN NEED THAT - IT COMES FROM HAVING A STRONG WORK ETHIC FIRMLY IMPRESSED UPON ME - LOVING THE SUBJECT MATTER IS JUST A BONUS

You don't see this as anything special. WHAT GIVES? YOU PAY ME TO DOA JOB, RIGHT? WE SHOULD GET SPECIAL PLAUDITS FOR THE COMPLETED TASK?

As a result, you are probably underpaid and taken advantage of...SADLY TRUE

and may not even care most of the time. SINCE BECOMING A PARENT, I CARE.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob never answered my question on p. 7. :pout:
quote:
What if I were to say I didn't like ice cream? What would that say about me?

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps it would be soemthing "existential"?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

That'd be nice. I'm always up for language that makes me sound anguished and profound without saying anything definite.

But chances are it'll be something more like "aloof," or "fussy," or "petulant." [Wink]

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Deirdre:

quote:

Those who avoid ice cream altogether are prone to look for external causes and sources. In effect, these are highly changeable personalities who actually mirror the people and events in their immediate surroundings. You might find this person gradually learning to laugh like you, talk like you, walk like you and even trying to take over your life (in extreme cases, of course). This type of person is, on the plus side, VERY sensitive to other's feelings and can read the subtlest of cues from those they are close to. Often very giving, very forgiving and eager to please. Willing to go along with just about anything and always up for new experiences. These people have remarkable memories for personal details and will often serve as the "memory bank" among their friends.

Deirdre
Member # 4200

Fascinating. Thanks, Bob. [Big Grin]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Sorry I missed your question first time around.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, this thread is so fascinating that I'm going to post my favorites just for fun. Don't worry if you don't have time to give my profile, it's amazing what you've been doing.

Favorite flavor: Rainbow Sherbet...no toppings

If sherbet doesn't count, here's my second preference: Moose tracks or vanilla ice cream with large chunks of chocolate and nuts in it or on it. Solid chunks. If it was vanilla with toppings, I would wait for it to melt a little so I could spoon it up easily without having it flip across the room. [Big Grin]

There you go. Thanks in advance for all your trouble Bob, this is fun!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Admires Narnia's choice of Moose Tracks.>
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Moose tracks! [Big Grin]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Moose tracks!!!

Can't I have one thread that's mine?

Kathryn!! Kristine!!! He's taking over my thread!!!

Make him stop!!!

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I did stay out of it for the first eight pages, Bob. You can't blame me for getting sucked in by someone else. Incidentally, I had Moose Tracks last night (half Moose Tracks and half Peanut Butter Twix, actually), and it was very good. But neither is my favorite, and until Bob says it's ok, I'll not ask for my own profile.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

You guys are so funny. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bob! [Big Grin]

Nearly all of your analysis was dead-on except for one part. You mentioned some things about romance, which I am afraid do not really apply at the moment...

But other than that, you pinned my personality down really well! I also enjoyed reading your posts about other people! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Bob, disregard my request...I missed that post where you told us to STOP requesting. [Smile] So, just ignore me and my sherbet and moose tracks or else I'll feel guilty.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Flavor: Real Vanilla Bean
Maker: Breyers

In a bowl, sometimes with butterscotch toppings. Cold, just starting to melt.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Just read mine.

Wow, Bob.

*hugs*

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's actually pretty fascinating. (Goes back to check out how it's done).
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me for reviving this thread - I know it's long buried ('cause it took me forever to find it!) but I just wanted to say:

THAT'S FREAKY!

^_^

And thanks and wow and all that stuff. But mostly "That's freaky" covers it.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can't I have one thread that's mine?
*fingers steepled, quizzical frown, speaking in capitals

THAT DEPENDS, BOB. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR?

(I have my own Ice Cream Interpretation resources, y'know.)

*waiting

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
BS,

I need a reading. No innuendo for humor's sake.

It's a hot summer afternoon.

Flavor/Toppings:

I don't really care for icecream, so I let her (my love) decide what she fancies most.

I do like italian gellato (sp?) though. Couldn't get enough of that stuff in Italy. After a day on the Mediterranean... *heaven*

Bowl:

No bowl. Cone possibly. I like the crunchy cone.

How to eat:

After several offers of a taste, I take the icecream and my love to an intimate spot. Flirty/teasing games ensue. Then nakedness. Icecream everywhere. Other consummatory (sp?) and assorted activities. Then giggling blissful naked stickiness.

flish

[ May 08, 2003, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: filetted ]

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

CT,

My favorite flavor is:

Ghirradeli classic hot fudge sundae.

It comes in a giant very heavy clear stem-glass that's faceted.

They start with a dollop of hot fudge (Ghirradeli chocolate, of course) on the bottom. Then there's two scoops of premium vanilla ice cream. Smothered in more rich hot fudge. Add whipped cream and a cherry.

I eat the cherry first. Then I tie the stem into a knot using just my tongue. [Razz]

Next, I eat all the whipped cream without taking any of the ice cream or hot fudge with it.

As I attack the ice cream, I try to achieve a balance of ice cream/hot fudge mixture so that I have both tastes in every mouthful.

I eat it slowly, for me anyway. Savoring every spoonful.

When I get to the bottom, I enjoy scraping the hot fudge from the inside of the glass until I just can't get any more.

Then I generally walk around for the next hour sucking the remnants out of my mustache and beard. Unless I'm with someone, then I try to clean up using a napkin, darnit.

[Big Grin]

filetted
Member # 5048

*twiddles thumbs*

*tries to wait patiently*

Tosses a line in the water. Watches the reflections of the sun dance on the small waves. Catches a glint of a sunfish as she flishes past the tired bait.

*contemplates his can of worms*

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Oh man Bob, isn't that place great!! Have you ever been to the resturant on the fourth floor? I think it's right above that ice cream place, but it's been about 15 years or so since I was there last. As I remember it, there was a Guess jeans store right there, too. Or maybe it was a Gap. Anyway the resturant on the fourth floor was a pain to get to because you had to go up four flights of stairs, but my Lord, they had the best swordfish. And this killer shrimp salad. I had never seen shrimp that big!

And to have that Ghirradeli hot fudge shop right downstairs!! Oh my word. I can't think of a better place to go for dinner and dessert!

::must get back to San Fransico soon::

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Disney Village Marketplace has a Ghiradeli ice cream shop & chocolate store right here in Orlando!!!

Perfect way to end a Disney day.

[Big Grin]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... that's very impressive... too bad I don't like ice-cream...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
If any of you think you've had Moose Tracks you must know that the Dean's brand Chocolate Moose Tracks sold in the Chicago area is way better than any of the Moose Tracks (including "extreme" Moose Tracks) sold in the Intermountain West. It has to do with the foundation chocolate ice cream.

So what I would have is Breyer's Chocolate and cut in Reese's PB cups and caramel and fudge to make my own Moose Tracks concoction. If time were no object, I would be making my own caramel and fudge from the Better homes and Garden's (Red Checked) cookbook.

I'd serve it in a dark green melamine bowl and eat it with a teaspoon, not a soupspoon. I'd sit at the table, not watching a movie or Internet so I could savor it.

I also used to really like a Sealtest Lemon Chiffon Ice Milk, but they don't make it anymore I don't think.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
filetted, Bob said earlier on this very page that he wasn't going to be doing many, if any, requests for Ice Cream profiles while he's writing his story.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darwin
Member # 5473

- posted      Profile for Darwin           Edit/Delete Post 
favourite flavour: Chocolate fudge brownie

topings: M and M's

state: I wolf it down like a dog.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Bob-san doing any requests at this time?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

darwin,

consider that invite as your first "hook, line, and sinker* post. this thread is a fossil.

flish

PS. Nessie?

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.