FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Registered users (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Registered users
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, im just gonna call you 'wick' from now on.

in an effort to type fast of course.
[Razz]

but yeah wick, that happens sometimes. the one thats sticks out most in my mind was the thor impersonator.

The Silverblue Sun
vs
The SiIverblue Sun

Problem was, we could easily tell which was which.

So wick, dont try that trick at home.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I would venture that everyone who's been here a while has at least one handle that they dont let anybody know about."

I don't. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever happened to that "Twoson Paula" chick?

And how are her two sons doing? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh huh.

When are you going to tell them about me, Tom? I think the time has come for Hatrack to know who I really am. You think you have me under control. That I just pop out when you feel the need to break character -- when you want to make Mormon jokes, or fashion comments, or post in the word of the day thread or play word games with deerpark. But I feel myself growing stronger everyday. It won't be long now.

No. Don't try to push me to the back of your mind. Don't think you ca

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for Cecily           Edit/Delete Post 
Elaine!! How nice to see you!! [Big Grin]

Tom...if anyone else had said this, I wouldn't have believed them. But I believe you. I've been here for 3 years and I can always count on the trusty TomDavidson handle.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I see now....

[ September 16, 2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey i think i can identify with them
Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Shucks, I must have missed the posts made by Sharpie of the Pen People -- but I approve of the name! Especially since I named myself Sharpie deliberately after the pen -- every author should have a pen name, right? (It's sad that I find this far funnier than anyone else does.)
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Erik, I'm really playing hookie, but we can tell everyone that it's early dismissal [Wink]

Odouls, I may be curious about that topic but I'm not that dim-witted [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

there are those of us on here who were here way back in 99 but spent too much time gone forgot which version of our user name we were using switched servers and have no way of remembering our previous pass word or name variation.

I think at one time I was just yebor
or IYebor

but there are four other incarnations of me just not registered

I think

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Sharpie, good to see you again! Are you somebody else's alternate nick, or did you just happen to lurk on this thread?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome [Smile] No, I'm not anyone's alterego (as far as I KNOW). I just don't post much. I guess that's an understatement. But now I've posted twice in one day -- I suppose that's the first step out of lurkdom.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can always count on the trusty TomDavidson handle.
Oh. Well then. Too much info!
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graff^
Member # 5676

- posted      Profile for Graff^   Email Graff^         Edit/Delete Post 
Using more than one username is an OSC tradition.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

AUGH!!! PSI PLEASE don't turn this into a thread like THAT!!! [Eek!] [Wall Bash] [ROFL]
Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to say that I was relieved that this thread isn't about onanism.
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Good thing you didn't. That's not your job.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

Well it's not my fault! Where were you when we needed you??? I'm just pickin' up the slack, dude.
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
wiecz--fine then, glad to see kids today have things in perspective.

Carry on.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say that I am incredibly glad that my SN is unique enough that no random newbie could accidently create a simular one.

Example:

Amka and Akma
Deirdre and Deirdra
Cecily and celia60

You don't exactly see a T_Sith running around.

And to those of you who just might do it... don't, or face a thousand posts of anti-fluff revenge.

Oh, and in case you were curious, I have 14 SN's. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

Ummm, Nate? What about TSmith?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well, thankfully I have that one. I think...

Maybe...

Well, no one's been posting at TSmith so I'm safe for now. So... no one register TSmith. Or... face the... um... crap, I've got nothing.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Face the wrath of the booblets and fairy wings. That's not nothing! That would scare anyone!
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TSmith
Member # 5678

- posted      Profile for TSmith           Edit/Delete Post 
sorry I couldn't help myself.

[ROFL] [Party] [The Wave] [Monkeys] [No No] [Wall Bash]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I was safe until Ryoko registered... Blarg.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

I should be pretty safe.

untill i skip for 6 or seven mothths and then have to come up with a new name

something like STUDYEBOR
or
DUDYEBOR
or SUPERROBE
now the last one hase too much flannel context for me
[Hat]

Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
I have six, now, I think.

Snuffles is here for being snide, and snapping at newbies, or when i'm in a terrible mood. I also have Snuffles registered with a capital i, to prevent spamming.

Kwsni i registered with origionally, and then knightswhosayni I used when i lost the password.

the other two are just to play around with.

edit: math

grrrrr!

[ September 16, 2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Snuffles ]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have just one.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

I have five or six versions of PSI Teleport, MaureenJanay, MissusFanta, Pirates with Scurvy Interests, TwosonPaula, and I think that's it?

Also there's Jesdog, but that's the hubby's.

Cecily
Member # 5675

Too bad I'm not a newbie and too bad Cecily is my NAME. (though I highly rever celia and if I was a newbie, I'd want to be just like HER when I grew up!!) [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

quote:

though I highly rever celia and if I was a newbie, I'd want to be just like HER when I grew up!!

Thats just the saddest thing I've ever read on Hatrack.

[ September 17, 2003, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss my old name "vwiggin" but I forgot the password and I don't want to bother the mods about such a trivial thing. :sigh: [Frown]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=lost_password

Simple enough.

Cecily
Member # 5675

T, I hope celia gives you some more good [Laugh] [Wink] and smacks you around good. [Big Grin]
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh... but I also no longer have my favorite email address, valentinewiggin@hotmail.com [Smile]

I guess I can email the usurper who took that addy from me. Thanks for the tip T. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
The moderators gave me back the password to a couple of accounts to which I no longer held the email addresses. One was an old one on a defunct ISP, one I just entered the wrong email address in by accident (I think you only typed it once back then). The mods do have some idea who is whom on the board and they know us well enough to decide if we are ourselves or not when asking for old passwords back. [Smile] Give them a try. They were very helpful to me! I was quite surprised at how much time and trouble they took to help.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan,

[Wave] [Eek!]

Cecily, let me explain something to you. [Laugh] [Wink] my affection cannot be bought so easily. [Smile]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

That graemlin is just smiling too much make it look like it's spanking.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thats just the saddest thing I've ever read on Hatrack.
You obviously missed all the saxon75 tribute threads from yesterday.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. A couple of years ago, someone registered my udername using a capital "i" instead of a small "L" just to show how easy it was to fake someone's name. The person than sent me the password, and I never used the alternate name, but I am sure it still works.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EIa
Member # 2807

- posted      Profile for EIa           Edit/Delete Post 
See? [Wink]
Posts: 65 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanora
Member # 2044

- posted      Profile for Elanora           Edit/Delete Post 
And, then, there are names people use as a joke...
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HellooooNurse!
Member # 2297

- posted      Profile for HellooooNurse!           Edit/Delete Post 
....Like this one. [Big Grin]
Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

BTW, Welcome to the forum, Farmgirl. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any secret ones, though I have some that are so obscure you might not know it's me. But I wouldn't, for instance, attempt to truly hide behind one of them, because there are enough people around who know that it's me. I also have plenty I don't remember. At the moment, I can recall seven different names I have used. Not a lot by some people's standards around here. [Razz] Most have only been for one particular silly joke, though I do have a couple I pull out fairly frequently. The fact that you log in and out now makes posting under multiple names a lot less appealing to me, because it takes twice as long to post. When you reentered your name and password each time, it was much easier to fool around this way.

I don't know how Sarcasm, Cynicism, and Trogdor keep it up!

EDIT because I really should know better! [Embarrassed]

[ September 17, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not an easy job, but somebody's gotta do it.
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, this thread is someday going to get bumped, and I'm not going to have a post in it. And then someone like Icarus is going to think I haven't been here for very long, and I just can't take that kind of undermining to my authority.

So, Ralphie posted here. She has a couple of nicks, all of them equally as sassy as the one before.

Except Rita. Rita couldn't get sassier on the sassyingest day of her life if she had an electrified sassing machine.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
And even if Rita could get sassier, the mere mortals of Hatrack wouldn't be able to handle it.
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

I have to say, I really miss "thisissarcasm" [Wink] [Razz]

I suspect she may have forgotten her password. [Razz]

**Ela**

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.