FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Baseball (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Baseball
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
. . . and you are ashamed of your fall from grace? Don't worry . . . perfection is hard to maintain!

[Razz]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha, Icarus.

I like to think of it as a strange combination of true love and deep pity.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid cubbies. [Grumble]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Lowe tonight, Pedro tomorrow. Pettite has been on fire for about the last month, Clemens has been prone to disaster facing Pedro. Wells vs Burkett, unless the sox offense shows up, it will be 2-2 I suspect, after the fourth game.

And I'm going to the fifth game [Smile]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Elizabeth actually Cor?
I'm confused.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paercival
Member # 1408

- posted      Profile for Paercival   Email Paercival         Edit/Delete Post 
Pettite has been on fire, execpt against the sox. 7-5 sox tonite

pedro vs clemens, my money is on pedro, and a semi shelling of clemens. sox 5-2

burkett wells, i gotta go yanks here cause burkett isn't really dependable like that. yanks 6-4

game 5 I'm there baby! GO SOX!

Posts: 348 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

[ROFL]

No, Elizabeth is not Cor! (She is talking about her own husband.)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*runs in to thread*
*cheers for Atlanta Braves*
*runs out*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

The Atlanta Braves are out of the playoffs, which you would know if you ever posted outside of the hug thread.

[Razz]
[Wink]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not cheering for them in playoffs, I'm cheering for them in general.

*runs in to thread*
*glances in horror at Braves' score*
*runs out again*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

And I do post outside of the Hug thread. A lot. [Razz]
Icarus
Member # 3162

*pat pat*

It was a joke. [Smile]

-o-

Finally the Yankees have come awake. All is right in the world.

[Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Icarus))))) [Razz]

GO BRAVES!!!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Icarus, two words for you:

Pedro Martinez

PS 4th row seats to Saturday's game at Fenway for Pedro vs. The Traitorous Old Fart(and no, it is not me, Icarus-ha ha) are going for

20,000 dollars

on some scalper sites.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*bites Icarus*

and I haven't had my shots.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
My roommate just got back from his trip to Chicago and he's all decked out in his Cubs gear... Plus, he's got one of the out-of-the-park home run balls from game 2. How cool is that?
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Bah. There were like 6 million balls hit out of the park in game two. No big deal.

[Razz]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Icarus,
I deliberately baited you and I want a retort! You are slipping, Sir.

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Cubs won the 3rd game, they've got a good chance...

...and of course I'm happy that the Yankees won the 2nd game to even things up.

Hope the Yankees-Red Sox series gets more interesting -- so far, the first 2 games were good for their first halves, but then in the first game the Red Sox pulled away, and in the second game the Yankees pulled away. I'd like to see some close games and back-and-forth games...

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"I'd like to see some close games and back-and-forth games..."

And I would like to see the Red Sox stomp the Yanks like grapes under Lucy and Ethel's feet in the "trip to Italy" episode.

plaid
Member # 2393

Hey, I don't mind the Yankees losing the series (I can afford to be generous, I know the Yankees have won enough times already), but I want to actually see a good, close, exciting series. (Unlike some poor, revenge-obsessed fans who care more about winning than anything else...)
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Listen, Plaid, your pretend concession to the possibility of a Red Sox win would horrify my ninety-year-old grandmother. Here is how the conversation went this morning:

Me: Come on, Gram, don't you want the Red Sox to win it, just once?

Gram: Not a chance. I say: screw 'em.

And you wonder why Sox fans are vengeful?

(I almost fell off my chair laughing)

So: Good Game, Schmood Schmame.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Boooo Cubs, booooo.

Go Marlins!!! [The Wave]

Has anyone here seen "Curse of the Bambino" on HBO? It poses the great question: What will Red Sox fans do if they win? Not just the celebrating either, what will they do with their lives?

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
We aren't sure.

*blink*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Now, see, Elizabeth, I wished for a good, close, exciting game, and I got it. I didn't wish for the Yankees to win... but because *I* was modest, I got MY wish.

And you? You wished for the Red Sox to whomp the Yankees. You got greedy, so you didn't get YOUR wish.

Let that be a lesson to you...

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

mackillian
Member # 586

*gets stick and chases after plaid*
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Laughs hard and long at the scene unraveling before him*
*Gets derpressed when he thinks about the Rockies*
*Goes in search of Mack to see what wacky antics she's cooking up now*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

::applauds plaid::
plaid
Member # 2393

*Takes refuge behind Don Zimmer*
*Don Zimmer goes after mack*

mackillian
Member # 586

*dodges old man*
*thwaps plaid*
*goes after Icky*

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

*Calls in Lucy and Ethel for backup*
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

*Quickly realizes Lucy and Ethel would be Yanks fans*

*Calls Cliff and Norm instead*

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

The Marlins won!!! [The Wave]

Josk Beckett actually pitched a good game (CG 2H, 0 ER)!!! [The Wave]

The Marlins are still in it!!! [The Wave]

Go Marlins!!! [The Wave]

[Party] [Party] [Party] [Party]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The only series conceivably worth watching would be a Cubs/Red Sox series. It'd better happen.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Tom hath spoken.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

No, we need Marlins and Red Sox. The Marlins, the team no one wanted to cheer for, the team no one wanted to win, the team no one possibly thought would make the playoffs. And as an added bonus they could become the first team to win two World Series as a wild card.

The Red Sox would be nice, but they scare me. The Cubs have already broken their pathetic curse, they beat the Braves.

Go Marlins!!! [The Wave]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Listen to yourself. The MARLINS? There's a reason no one wanted to cheer for them. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Get with the program! GO BREWERS!

er, um, never mind . . .

[Razz]

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Go Marlins!!! [The Wave]

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

What a game and what a comeback!!! [The Wave]

[Party] [Party] [Party]

Go Marlins!!! [The Wave]
[Party] [Party] [Party]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
GO MARLINS!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

[The Wave]

[Party]

And to you, Tom, I have one thing to say: [Taunt] [Wink]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Hey, it's just further evidence of baseball's obvious decline. Yankees vs. Marlins? Blech.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
[Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt]

The Marlins rock!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Ack! Stupid Cubs!! [Frown]

I want a Yankees-Cub matchup. Or a Red Sox-Cubs matchup. (Like I said before, I'm a Yankees fan, but I can afford to be generous -- a Red Sox-Cubs matchup would be pretty cool.)

But Yankees-Marlins?? Sorry, it's just not as interesting...

El Babalao
Member # 5817

- posted      Profile for El Babalao   Email El Babalao         Edit/Delete Post 
Not as interesting?

Have you been paying attention?

For the past three months or so, Marlins games have been without a doubt the most exciting and interesting around!

Man, talk about feeling unappreciated!

::sacrifices another goat::

Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Why does everyone hate the Marlins so much anyways? Is it the name? Is it the location? It can't be the people.

Go Marlins!!! [The Wave]

Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Jealousy.

A distorted sense of "fairness." [Razz]

How can the Marlins win it twice when Chicago has been futile for so long?

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*says in small voice*
"Go Braves!" [Razz]
*slinks from room*

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Listen, Megachirops, a.k.a. Icarus, or Mister "The-Boy-Who-Didn't-Listen-and-Flew-Too-Close-to-the-Sun-and-Landed-in-a-Fiery-Heap-Much-Like-His-Beloved-Yankees-Did-Tonight-Pants," we Red Sox fans have had enough of you and your little name change. You are going DOWN, Sirrah!
El Babalao
Member # 5817

- posted      Profile for El Babalao   Email El Babalao         Edit/Delete Post 
Litters thread with feathers, and sprinkles some blessed water around.::

Your next hairstyling will end very unpleasantly.

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.