FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug))) (Page 0)

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug)))
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
((((megan))))

((((Raia))))

(((Blacwolve))) I wasn't the guest that caused trouble [ROFL]

(((Beyerchic))) on the lake... man did I have fun... man you didn't [Taunt]

(((Kyrie))) so... if i were to suddenly apear at your dorm, would I get to share your bed, or would I have to sleep on the floor... I promise to share the covers [Big Grin]

(((AJ)))

(((Corwin)))

(((tt&t)))

(((Fugu13)))

and for once, I'm not here to be a hug whore.... [Razz]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
one of us would share the floor, thats for sure! [Eek!]
Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
ahhh you have a crappy loft bed... we can share the floor...... I hope your roomate is a sound sleeper [Monkeys]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

ahh, what silly fanticys young boys have.
one reason I always sleep with a knife under my pillow... [Taunt]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing what happened to the Last Post Thread, and not wanting to cause any problems for our generous hosts, I was thinking maybe we should start a new thread when this one gets to 50 pages?

Not delete this one or anything -- just let it fall off the front page into eventual oblivion.

What is all of y'all's opinions on this?

((((((((((Megan)))))))))) No need to steal 'em, we have some just for you. [Smile]
(((((breyer)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Raia))))) Yikes! No sleep, in spite of all the pretty colors it makes you see, is devoutly to be avoided!
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Mayday)))))
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

[ September 06, 2004, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

(((rivka))) sorry, i forgot you on my last round of hugs [Wall Bash]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
((((blacwolve))))
(((Stryker)))
(((Raia)))
(((kyrie)))I don't think I would want to wake up to find him either.
(((rivka))) That would be fine with me, but I haven't been here as long
(((everyone)))

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Raia)))) I'm sure they liked it a lot more than you liked it [Wink] Whenever I come out of a Lazerlite game thinking "Man, what a shitty game that was, I played awful, I must have gotten last place" I always get first... So I'll bet you did wonderfully [Big Grin]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Alcon is right, you'll do fine.

((((rivka)))) I was thinking, we never got to play scrabble at Kamacon, but we could play it on yahoo games sometime if you want.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Scrabble! [Big Grin] Hmm, how about games.com? I like their interface a bit better than yahoo games (in that I'm more familiar with it, mostly <g>). Anyway, that would be great! Maybe Saturday night (if late is ok, like sometime after 10 my time) or sometime Sunday? (((((blacwolve)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Alcon))))) Unfortunately, Lazerlite has a slightly smaller number of things that have to go perfectly than singing... you don't have to support perfectly, breathe perfectly, focus your vowels, think "forward," think "up," relax your shoulders, use your tuck and your pelvis, vibrate every note, or concentrate on words. To name but a few. *sigh* None of which I did at all satisfactorily. So we'll see what happens, but my hopes aren't high.
(((((blacwolve))))) See above.
(((((breyerchic)))))
(((((rivka))))) Two weeks!
(((((Stryker))))) Goodness child... back off a little! [Wink]
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Megan)))))
(((((Everyone else)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

(((Raia))) Oh good, I'm not the only one who found the lazerlight analogy to be a bit off.

I have a sun burn [Grumble] I only used sun block once for a whole day [Wall Bash]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

Late Saturday night is perfect, actually. I'll check out games.com, I've never played there.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugs for Hatrack!

(((HATRACK PEOPLES)))

[Group Hug]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

blacwolve, be aware that games.com games take a while to load, especially the first time. Especially on dialup!

*bounces* Scrabble! [Big Grin]

Alcon
Member # 6645

Ugh, today has been going really slow. And its a C lunch day in orchestra which means that I'm not gonna get food until 12:08... its only 10:50 and I'm already starving... I normally have A lunch and therefore get food at 10:20. On top of that, last night was kinda rough... I'm sick of fighting with my parents, and I'm sick of not being able to settle completely in one house anymore! On the bright side I went to the climbing gym with my dad for 3 - 4 hours last night. THAT was fun!! I made it to the top of two 30+ foot walls, despite my fear of heights, and by the end of it had completely forgotten being afraid of heights and was just climbing. The down side of that though, was it lead to yet another confrontation with my mom when I got home. And she managed to guilt trip me... it takes quite a bit for my parents to do that, but she managed it. So I'm feeling rather down today, which to make it worse, most of my best friends haven't been in class today, they've been at "purple carpet day". *grumble*
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((alcon)))))) you're supposed to eat in SRT not post on hatrack (I could never get by with posting on hatrack at south, Pizzo found me, evil guy).
(((blacwolve)))
(((raia)))
(((stryker)))
(((rivka)))
(((megan)))
(((telperion)))
((((everyone else))))

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((signal)))

(((Raia)))
(((tt&t)))
(((Derrell))) Thanks for thinking of us. [Smile]
(((Stryker)))
(((Megan)))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Regarding a new hug thread. I think it would be great. It would periodically pare some of the intimidating baggage that a fifty-page thread, complete with its own internal social dynamics, creates. Here's an added thought, and let me know what you think. It occurred to me a few weeks ago that there should be TWO hug threads--watch the anti-hug people cringe. One like this one, which would continue in its popularity, because it's cool for there to be a place people can come and say, I've had a rotten day, gimme some unconditional love.

But I've also thought it would be cool if there were a thread for unrequested hugs. Such a thread would need a few ground rules to avoid devolving into a popularity thread. Stuff like only one hug at a time per poster, instead of trains of hugging everyone you know. Or maybe once somebody is hugged, that person is hugged--no more hugs from other posters are necessary. That way, one person wouldn't get fifty hugs while someone else only gets one. But I think a thread like this could be cool, because it would come out of the blue. What do you think?

[ September 08, 2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Ic, I think that's an absolutely wonderful idea. I'm all for it! (((((Ic))))) [Smile]
((((((((((Alcon)))))))))))
((((((((((((((((Everyone else)))))))))))))))))))

Sorry, guys, I'm lazy. [Blushing]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

(((Icarus))) sounds like a great idea
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a truly cool idea, Icarus.

(((Ic)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie)))
(((Eruve)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug] [Wave]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Ic))))) You're home and safe! Yay! [Smile] I think the two hugs threads are a great idea . . . and since you suggested it, I think you should start the second one. And I like your suggested ground rules.
(((((Telp))))) [Wave]
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Mayday))))) Miss ya.
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Corwin)))))

(((((YOU!)))))

Icarus
Member # 3162

[Smile] I think I will. Give me a few days to mull over further ground rules.
figgurat
Member # 6839

- posted      Profile for figgurat   Email figgurat         Edit/Delete Post 
(((flish)))
Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

sorry to do this again so soon, but I could really use a hug. [Cry]
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((kyrie)))))

(((((kyrie)))))

It's never too soon. IM me if you need to talk. [Smile]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Raia & Alcon)))))
(((((Icky))))) I think that's a great idea. [Smile]
(((((Stryker)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Telp)))))
(((((signal)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Joshy)))))
(((((Sawah)))))
(((((Nickita)))))
(((((Danny)))))
(((((Goat))))) You suck.
(((((David)))))
(((((Rei)))))

(((((Narnia))))) I guess you won't see this, but you'll be missed. [Frown]

(((((Jeremy))))) (((((Jeremy)))))

[Group Hug] (((((everyone who wants))))) [Group Hug]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((kyrie)))))))))) What kylie said! [Big Grin]
Alcon
Member # 6645

((((kyrie)))))
Shame
Member # 6641

- posted      Profile for Shame           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((kyrie))))) I guarantee that you are not alone, or the only one.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

(((Derrell & Mom)))

(((Boon & Sis & Mom)))

kyrie
Member # 6415

(((((blacwolve))))
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Icarus)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((kyrie)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))

[Group Hug] Florida Hatrackers [Group Hug] Stay away, Ivan [No No]

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

I need a hug.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

((((((((((((((((((((((((((blacwolve))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tatiana could really use a hug right now. For those who don't follow nicknames:

Tatiana = aka = Anne Kate

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<tatiana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

((((((((kyrie))))))))
((((((((aka))))))))
((((((((blacwolve))))))))
(((((Kylie)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Narn))))) Where are you going?? [Frown]
(((((Ic)))))
(((((Stryker)))))
(((((breyerchic)))))
(((((Everyone)))))

Alcon
Member # 6645

((((Blackwolve))))) Whats bothering you?
kyrie
Member # 6415

(((((blacwolve))))
(((((blacwolve))))
(((((blacwolve))))
Please call me or IM me a message and tell me whats wrong, if you want too.

(((((aka))))
((((aka))))
((((aka)))) whats wrong?

rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((blacwolve))))))))))

<<<<<<<<<<ak>>>>>>>>>>

Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a hug too.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
<<<<<Fyfe>>>>>

And also from Tatiana who said to convey her support, and compassion in hug form to you: "theropeofallah (3:21:57 PM): seriously, you can convey our hugs to her
theropeofallah (3:22:05 PM): you have power of hug attorny on the hug thread
theropeofallah (3:22:09 PM): of all our hugs [Smile] "

<<<<<<<conveys Anne Kate's hug to Fyfe>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<Tatiana>>>>>>>

[ September 12, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Fyfe))))
((((Alcon))))
((((breyer))))
((((rivka))))
((((kyrie))))

rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Jen))))))))))
rivka
Member # 4859

Our new place!

[Smile]

Shame
Member # 6641

- posted      Profile for Shame           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((hatrack)))))
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
((((hatrack)))

(((Shame)))

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Love you all. Stay good, always. [Smile]

(((Hatrack)))

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite place!
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  47  48  49   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.