FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug))) (Page 47)

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49   
Author Topic: Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug)))
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((everyone)))))))
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((rivka))))) Hope things are getting less stressful.
(((((Nato))))) [Cool]
(((((Raia)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Joshy)))))
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Danny)))))
(((((Niki))))) Good to see you! Glad things are going well!
(((((Icky)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((MacBeth)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((drums)))))
(((((katharina)))))
(((((AJ)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Hobbes [Smile] )))))
(((((Stryker))))) I hope things get better for you dude.
(((((Austin)))))
((((((Rhaegar)))))
(((((Farmgirl)))))
(((((Alt)))))
(((((Tammy)))))
(((((Wonko)))))
(((((Narnia)))))
(((((Goat)))))
(((((Nickita)))))
(((((nixy)))))
(((((David)))))
(((((Marek)))))

(((((Jeremy))))) [Razz]

(((((everyone who wants)))))

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin
Member # 6042

- posted      Profile for Pippin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((Pippin))))) Awww. "There's someone for everyone..." [Smile] It will be okay, you'll see. (((((Pippin)))))
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((Stryker))))))))) I hugged you in the other thread, and read my post too...

(((((((Pippin))))))))

(((((((Kylie)))))))) [Wave]

(((((((breyerchic))))))))

(((((((((((((((Everyone else))))))))))))))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
*peep
Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Stryker)))
(((kyrie)))
(((raia)))

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Everybody))))

[Frown]

I found out today that I'll have to go to my internship on Monday too; and Monday evening I'm suppose to leave for Canada... Like I couldn't have a calm day... And it's because of an error in a part of a program that was written by the other intern, who has left last week. She didn't have the time to fully test her program and now I'm paying the bills. Not having enough time sucks...

And to top that, my brother just e-mailed me to tell me that my grandma fell and broke her leg. My parents went to see her at the hospital and they're staying with her until Monday. (they have to be back to school Monday morning) Apparently she'll be opperated on Tuesday.

Life does suck sometimes... [Frown]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((Corwin))))) [Frown] (((((Corwin)))))

(((((breyer))))) [Smile]
(((((kyrie))))) [Wave]
(((((Raia))))) [Big Grin]
(((((rivka))))) [Wink]

(((((Jeremy))))) [Taunt]

(((((everyone who wants)))))

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] Hugs, please?

((everyone))

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
(((MaydayDesiax)))
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Blacwolve))))) don't you worry about a thing, in a week I'm coming to liberate you from Purdue, we'll have a grand old time, and maybe a few drinks [Monkeys]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Mayday)))) What's wrong?

((((Stryker)))) I can't wait!!!

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Just... Generally...

Yeah.

[Cry]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

((((((((mayday)))))))))
(((((((stryker))))))))))...*burp
(((((brierchild))))))
((((((((raia))))))

i could use a hug. nothing particuler... just... [Frown]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((kyrie))))

((((Mayday)))) I'm sort of feeling the same way myself so I sympathize. hope things get better.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

(((((to those who know to ask for hugs)))))
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Corwin)))
(((Mayday)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))
(((imogen)))
(((Tammy)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

I could use some hugs, myself. I'm stressed out about my mom getting hit by that stupid, ignorant, drunk driver. [Mad] [Grumble] [Mad]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

((((Derrell)))) SPeaking as a lucky victiim of a drunk driver (ran a stop light and T-boned my passenger side), they are some of the stupidest people in the world. I hope your mom is ok.

(((Blacwolve))) only 6 days till purdues mighty walls fall before me [Taunt] [Evil] [Taunt]

kyrie
Member # 6415

((((hugs for every one!!!))))

I got The Iliad, the Odyssey and Plato's The Symposium for $19 at the student run used book sail!!!!
[ROFL]

[The Wave]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((breyer))))))))))
((((((((((blacwolve))))))))))
(((((Raia))))) [Big Grin]
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
((((((((((AoD))))))))))
(((((Tammy)))))
((((((((((Corwin))))))))))
(((((Wonko)))))
(((((tt&t)))))
((((((((((Pippin))))))))))
(((((kyrie)))))
((((((((((Mayday))))))))))
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Ic)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))

(((((all of y'all))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Mayday))))) What's wrong??? [Frown] (((Mayday)))
(((((breyerchic))))) You never forget me. [Smile]
(((((Derrell))))) Neither do you!
(((((rivka))))) You just never forget ANYONE!
(((((Stryker)))))
(((((Corwin))))) [Frown] Chin up, pal... I'm sorry to hear things are rough for you!! (((Corwin)))
(((((tt&t))))) [Big Grin]
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((((((Alcon))))))))))
(((((Everyone else)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Thanks, everyone for the hugs. I was just having a blah kind of day, and was feeling really lonely.

An update on how I'm doing:

I forgot to update since my terrible post last semester, but I'm doing much better now--the therapist I had over the summer put me on anti-depressants, and I'm doing wonderfully better now.

(((J T Stryker)))
(((blacwolve))) Hope you're feeling better too
(((Kyrie))) Congrats on the great finds!
(((Derrell))) I hope your mother's doing ok still
(((Rivka))) Having fun at work and such?
(((Corwin))) Good luck with everything.
(((Raia))) Just a little relapse, dear, nothing to worry about.

(((everyone else)))

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

I just finnished the invisible man, i read it in two days for a class, i'm so proud.
Raia
Member # 4700

I could really use a hug.

Last night, I got the closest I've ever come to a nervous collapse. I scared the crap out of my roommate (as well as myself), just by how I was acting... and now this morning I woke up sick. Sore throat, the whole bit. Thinking back, I must have had a really high fever last night, I was shivering inside and burning up outside (where it was cold, with the wind), and I was delirious. This has never happened to me before... I've been sick before, of course, but never to a point where I'm not fully sure of what I'm doing at all times. I was in one of those moods where I didn't know what I was going to do next... I could have either gone to bed or jumped out of a window, and either way, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself. I was petting a stray cat when I sat outside, and I stopped, afraid, not that it would attack me, but that I would attack it... that's how unsure I was of myself. I found myself chewing on earrings, hair things, and various other objects around my dorm room without noticing.

I couldn't concentrate on one thing for more than a few seconds, which meant that although I wanted to cry and scream and shout and jump up and run and sit and sleep and goodness knows what else all at the same time, I couldn't do any of it... though I finally managed to cry. I was talking to Alcon on the phone, and I at least managed to calm down enough to get a consistent stream of tears coming down my face. But it really really scared me, and I'm crying now just thinking about it. I don't feel that way anymore, but I am sick now, and still miserable, not to mention really homesick.

I meant just to ask for a hug, without going into detail, but I was so shaken that that didn't happen... sorry everyone. But I'd still appreciate a hug. [Cry]

(((((((((((((((Alcon)))))))))))))))) For keeping me moderately sane during a phase of insanity... thank you.

rivka
Member # 4859

(((((((((((((((Raia))))))))))))))) You take care of yourself! There will be NO exiting through windows! [No No] You sound like you could use a trip to the doctor. Does the U have a clinic? Or are you signed up for a kupat cholim? (((((Raia))))) Stay well!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

(((((((((((((Little Sis)))))))))))))) Yes, listen to Rivka, go to the doctor!
Raia
Member # 4700

((((((riv and big sis)))))) I would have gone last night, except it was after midnight, and they certainly would have been closed... Hadassah hospital is a five minute walk from my dorm, but if I'd have gone there, I'd have payed an arm and a leg, since that's not where my sudent benefits are. And I don't even know where the student health office is, since I haven't been sick yet. So I gave up on that one last night. But thanks for the hugs.
rivka
Member # 4859

Find out where the student health office is NOW. I can understand not wanting to go to the ER (although I'm not sure I agree with the choice, I can totally understand it), but you need to get thee to Student Health ASAP, do not pass go, do not collect 200 shekalim! (((((Raia))))) Please?
rivka
Member # 4859

(and yes, I realize it's 10 pm there. But if you find out where it is now, you can go first thing in the morning, neh?)
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia sweetie)))) I have felt very similarly to the way you did several times. Let me know if you wanna talk.

(((stryker))) good job on finishing invisible man

(((mayday)))

(((blacwolve)))

(((hatrack)))

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia))) Take care of yourself.
(((rivka)))
(((Kylie)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Stryker)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

(((Raia)))

Could use some huggs, school blows, life sucks, and I may not have to worry about SOS, the choir asked Miss Whitten to ask me to leave, good thing Miss Whittin knows she cant find anyone else with a clue. I'd probbably sabatoge their musical if she did ask me to leave, but just the fact that they'd ask her makes me want to do that. [Grumble]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

(((((stryker))))) Don't sabatoge Oklahoma on your own, call a friend! I really don't know what to say about this stupid high school drama.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((stryker)))) ok, that really pisses me off, how unproffessional can you be?
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia get your rear end down to the health clinic in the school soon! Did I not say it sounded like you had a fever the other night? ((((((((((Raia))))))))) And no jumping through windows, you need to be in one, piece, whole, complete when you come back to visit. And I fully expect you to be. No getting deathly sick, no getting major injuries! Take care of yourself, and go to the nurse/doctor/whatever they call it over there!
(((((Raia)))))) Get better soon!

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH RAIA!!!! I JUST GOT YOUR POSTCARD! It made my MONTH! [Party] Dear, dear, I haven't heard from you in forever (that's most likely my fault)....at any rate, you're lucky to be in such a beautiful place, and if anyone mistreats you I'll go over there and beat them up!

((((((((((((Raia))))))))))))

[The Wave]

(edit: AND GET BETTER! NOW! I don't want to worry! [No No] ) [Wink]

[ August 30, 2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: drumsntolkein ]

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

(((((((((((((raia))))))))))))))Oh raia, raia, raia dear!!! Take care of your self!!! I know you know this, but GO TO THE HEALTH CENTER!!!! Eat well, and don't exert your self too much. Write to people, and give people your address so people can write to you. I have some digital pictures of graduation if you want them.
(((((((((((((raia))))))))))))))

((((((((Stryker))))))))) as you know, I say go for it... BUT DONT freaking brag about it!!!! And that was totaly what you were doing. Now if anything big does happen, people might start to suspect you.

kyrie
Member # 6415

quote:
I really don't know what to say about this stupid high school drama.
-breyerchic04

Right, like we are so far away from all that [Roll Eyes] .

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((rivka)))))
(((((breyerchic))))) Your e-mail doesn't work... I tried to reply, and it bounced back.
(((((Derrell))))) I'm trying.
(((((Stryker))))) That really sucks... I'm so disgusted with all of SOS, you have no idea... don't sabotage the show (yeah, maybe I'm biased having been in the group, but that's a really BAD idea)... but my sympathies anyway. I really wish I could do something to help, but unfortunately I'm a little far away for that.
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Alcon))))) Yes, you did say I had a fever, and I should listen to you next time instead of furiously denying it. Anyone whwo rocks violently back and forth and can't stop trembling, as well as the hot/cold thing, probably has a fever. (((((Alcon))))) Thank you for always being there, I honestly don't know where I'd be without you!
(((((drums))))) You dear sweet boy, hehe, you always know what to say to make me smile! I'm glad you got my postcard, and I'm glad it was a nice surprise! It was my pleasure.
(((((kyrie))))) I can't stay now, I'm just on the computer really quickly while my dad is on the phone (I'm at my parents' apartment right now), but as soon as I get a moment I'll e-mail you, and just fill you in! (As well as giving you my address, of course)... give me yours, too!

Somebody, please please tell me what's wrong with me. It's about 12:30 pm here, and I haven't stopped crying yet. I've been sitting on my parents' couch, crying since 9:15 this morning. And I'm not anywhere near stopping yet.

I have a good life, I'm in Israel like I've wanted for a really long time, my studies are going well, I'm meeting people, I'm seeing my parents just enough without it being too much, we're getting along... why the hell am I so depressed???

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

*quiet tears turn into sobs again*

tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((Raia)))))(((((Raia)))))

It'll be okay in a day or so, dearie. [Smile]

[ August 31, 2004, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: tt&t ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Raia, short answer: you're tired and sick. Long answer: in the past month you: dealt with the stress of moving; took midterms; adjusted to various apartment-mates and roommates; moved half-way around the world; no longer live with your parents . . . and I'm sure I'm leaving out a bunch of stuff. No wonder you're emotionally exhausted! ((((((((((((((Raia)))))))))))))))
blacwolve
Member # 2972

What rivka said.

Trust me, kyrie and me are going through the same things, we just don't have it as bad because we haven't had as large a change. You've finally been given a chance to succumb to your emotions and your body has taken advantage of it. *hugs*

It will probably amuse everyone, including Robert, that I had a dream that I married him last night. I then woke up in panic because I married Robert and was still in love with Mike. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

(((((raia)))))) Stupid stupid email. I'll delete some, try again soon.
(((blacwolve)))
(((Kyrie))) I pretend I'm a long way from it, not that I am, but ugh yucky high school.
(((stryker))) stay sane

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia))) At least you didn't discriminate against chewing not-so-tasty-metal. [Wink]

[ August 31, 2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

Rivka and blakwolve basically said what I was going to say. [Wink]

((((((((raia))))))))

Let as much of "it" out now as you can, and it will start to get better soon. [Kiss]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

(((Breyerchic))) I'm not insane, I'm just a little unwell.

(((Blackwolve))) Now, can i have an estimate of how many females will be in your dorm this weekend?

(((Kyrie))) *puts kick me sign on Kyrie's back*

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

((stryker)) I didn't say you weren't sane, I said to stay there.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

(((Blacwolve)))
kyrie
Member # 6415

*kicks Stryker
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.