FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If we are all gods children... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: If we are all gods children...
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Many gay bars were owned by the Mafia, and operated by a form of payola called gayola, paying off the police to look the other way.
gayola [ROFL]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Blacwolve -- silly me -- I thought your "question about naming" was going to be a complaint about people who use more than one name on the forum [Smile] But that's fine -- I will answer you privately. Thanks, Kristine
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
kacard- Are you implying that some dastardly ne'er do-well is using more than one screen name, in this very thread?

The fiend!

[ October 13, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
::looks innocent::
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, sorry, I'll go back and get rid of it. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishRage
Member # 5792

- posted      Profile for IrishRage   Email IrishRage         Edit/Delete Post 
bism allaah irrahmaan irrahiim = traditional islamic greeting, meaning may god be with you.

shout out to my muslim brother.
allah hu acbar allah

Posts: 47 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishRage
Member # 5792

Oh and Blacwolve
I am muslim. Though Mary may not be doesnt mean that I am not.

Posts: 47 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, IR. I'm usually pretty good at getting a certain vibe from other Muslims and former Muslims, and you don't give off that vibe at all; my Islamadar isn't pinging even a little bit.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Islamadar!
[ROFL]

[ October 13, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishRage
Member # 5792

That was a stupid and unintelligent use of the name of our religion. I find islamadar to be totaly and utterly revolting.
IrishRage
Member # 5792

I admit that my comment about jesus may have been out of line, but i would like people to stop giving me grief about being a muslim. If i have offended anybody, my apologies.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, don't get me wrong. I, of all people, will give you no grief about being Muslim. I'll give you a heck of a lot of grief about pretending to be Muslim, though.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishRage
Member # 5792

Im not pretending to be a muslim, and if you continue to push this you may find oyurself at the end of a very long string of angry posts. I am a muslim and I dont see why people doen believe it.
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Becuase you act like a troll, that's why.

I doubt making threats is going to do anything but make most of us laugh.If you want to have a serious discussion about religion, I suggest you do a little research. Go back and look at the old religion threads, and see how we do things around here.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
a n g r y p o s t s [ayelar]
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

- posted      Profile for Rasputin   Email Rasputin         Edit/Delete Post 
All right, IrishRageinthemachine, I have 2 quick questions that will establish if you are truly muslim. Are you ready?
Posts: 53 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishRage
Member # 5792

shoot
Rasputin
Member # 5409

You have to answer quickly, so you cannot google. Less than 2 minutes to answer.

IrishRage
Member # 5792--posted October 13, 2003 04:15 PM ----shoot

[ October 13, 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Rasputin ]

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

Bad spelling is fine, speed is what will convince me.

What are the 5 pillars of Islam?
post the first 2 as soon as you type them.

Rasputin
Member # 5409

Cat got your tongue? Any Muslim would know that, IrishConfused.

[ October 13, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Rasputin ]

Rasputin
Member # 5409

Jeeez, I'm not even Muslim, never read the Q'uran and I know all 5 pillars.
Rasputin
Member # 5409

Important acting advice, Anastasia or her sisters: do your homework before you go on stage. By then it's too late.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect IrishRage's ISP is acting up.

Or there was a sudden RL emergency.

Or his fingers just locked up and WOULDN'T TYPE! [Angst]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

I doubt it, rivka. He or she said "shoot," indicating readiness to answer a question. I think its either Anastasia or someone else from that forum a few weeks ago that had fun with us, and now he's blown the gaff and is too chicken to just admit "ok, busted."
IrishRage
Member # 5792

to bear witness that their is no other god than allah. la illlah hi in lallah muhhamedan rasullulah - there is no god but god and muhhamed is his prophet.

to observe prayer, salat

to pay alm, zakat

the pilgrimage

the fasting, ramadan

i was out of the house.

Rasputin
Member # 5409

Sorry, I don't buy it.
Rasputin
Member # 5409

Ready for round two?
IrishRage
Member # 5792

Im gunna be at the gym for the next hour. I will post as soon as i am back. then i will be ready.
rivka
Member # 4859

Time from IrishRage's "shoot" to Rasputin's question: 3 minutes.

Time from the question to IrishRage's answer: 67 minutes.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

ok, you go study your lines

[ October 13, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Rasputin ]

Rasputin
Member # 5409

*bok bok bok* [Taunt]
Rasputin
Member # 5409

*looks at watch, taps feet*
IrishRage
Member # 5792

Im here rasputin tell me what u got.
IrishRage
Member # 5792

Nope
dinner
back later i guess

Rasputin
Member # 5409

bok bok
Rasputin
Member # 5409

Quit stalling. You already choked on the 5 Pillars, why don't you just throw in the towel?
Nick
Member # 4311

I'm not sure, but I think IrishRage might be:
[ROFL] BUSTED! [ROFL]
[ROFL] BUSTED! [ROFL]
[ROFL] BUSTED! [ROFL]
[ROFL] BUSTED! [ROFL]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I'm actually curious as to what question Rasputin has come up with.
Nick
Member # 4311

Me too, but I'm not sure whether IrishRage isn't Muslim yet.

Who knows? [Dont Know]

I just just joking around.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Oh, I'm pretty sure IrishRage is not a practicing Muslim. There isn't an American Muslim I know who'd describe the second pillar as "to pay alm," for one thing.
rivka
Member # 4859

True. Who is this "alm" fellow? [Wink]
IrishRage
Member # 5792

hit me rasputin
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget, Tom—IrishRage is an Irish Muslim.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

If IrishRage is Irish or Muslim, I sincerely apologize, and welcome him to the forum. Someone (was it you, Nick?) said they had chatted with IR and that he/she was definately not Muslim. He/she had also never heard of "a Prayer for the dying", an Irish book and movie.

Let me just say, I have no idea who IR is. You all know I'm fond of practical jokes, but not this one, I swear.

I just decided to throw down with IR and see if he/she is really Muslim. Slightly rude, but I think I'm right and it's a put-on.

Rasputin
Member # 5409

Ready, IR?
IrishRage
Member # 5792

just ask it
Rasputin
Member # 5409

The Sh'iia and Sunni sects have been at each others throats for a long time. How long, approximately? What is the origin of their long blood feud?
A short answer that contains any particulars may be acceptable. Bonus points for more detail.

IrishRage
Member # 5792

arnt u gunna ask it putin?
Rasputin
Member # 5409

already did--clocks ticking
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.