FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » things to do during Lord of the Rings (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: things to do during Lord of the Rings
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
63) During the big battle scenes, jump up, point, and yell, "I found Waldo."
I think I might have awakened the people next door laughing at that one.

90. Cut off one of your fingers. Extra points if you get someone to bite it off.

91. Tell everyone that this is Lord of the Rings III: The Search for Saruman.

92. Bring marshmellows to roast over Denethor's pyre.

93. Look hungrily at the person sitting next to you and say, "What about them? They're fresh."

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
ow...ow...can't...breathe...
[ROFL]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Run into the theatre during pellenor fields, yell loudly, "Hey, everybody, is this the Last Samurai?"

[ December 09, 2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Rhaegar The Fool ]

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Whistle every time Pippin comes on screen.
[Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] ((((((((((this thread)))))))))) [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
115) When Aragorn and Arwen kiss passionately, say "Wait, I thought she was his twin sister. Or is he the Han Solo mythical archetype?"

116) Refer to Legolas as "Leg 3PO" and Gimli as "R2 Dwarf 2"

[ December 13, 2003, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
And when the orcs march to Minas Tirith and they cut scene to Gandalf, shout "Begun, the Clone War has."

Then again, if you can see it a few times and get Gandalf's lines memorized, it'd piss a whole lotta people off if you Yoda-ized everything he says.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

118) At the appropriate moment say "What? Eowyn is a chic? Next your going to tell me Legolas is a dude."
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Heh...that's kinda what I did at FotR. Every time Legolas appeared on screen, I'd say, "Man, that is one ugly chick!"

[ December 13, 2003, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
A) During the walk through the Paths of the Dead, start singing "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" in your best Munchkin Voice.

B) Everytime Gimli is shown, yell "Toss him!"

C) Thow bottles of Visine at the screen every time "The One Eye" is shown.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[ROFL]
*dies laughing*
Dan, that was great!
[ROFL]

Shepard
Member # 5613

- posted      Profile for Shepard   Email Shepard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2003/04/22fellowship.html

For during the FOTR.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a funny one, I'm glad to see it again [Smile]
123) sit at your computer obsessing about how much fun everyone who got advanced tickets is probably having right now.

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
124) Sit at your computer because the one responsible for getting you advanced tickets forgot about you. [Frown]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

125) Sit at your computeur with a smug, utterly satisfied look on your face because, even though you've been sitting in a theater for 14+ hours, you feel great. [Razz]
pooka
Member # 5003

126) When it's over, say "That was pretty good. But I don't understand how melting the ring in a volcano destroyed the earth-crossing meteor Sauron. I don't think comet tails are typically that red. And I thought it was imperative that Elijah Wood go with the people to the underground dwelling. And wasn't Liv Tyler's boyfriend supposed to get blown up saving the world in the end?"
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
How did the Shelob spider throwing thing go for whoever was going to do that? Or has it been implemented yet?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

# whatever: When Aragorn rides back and forth in front of the troops talking to them shout "For Freedom!"
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
#??? As Gollum lingers for just a moment floating on the surface of the lava, just before he actually sinks down, jump up and yell, "Look! He did a thumb's up!"
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I did convince my gang to dress up. We had lots of fun. We were the only dressed-up goons for the 3:50 showing in Kokomo, Indiana!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

129) Litter Hatrack with separate threads for each of the 129 great "Things to do (tm) during LOTR"
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

#130) When Smeagol goes through his transformation to Gollom say "Hey, I didn't know Micheal Jackson was in this movie!"

(my friend actually did this one)

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
...and there's a place called Kokomo, and that's where you wanna go to get away from it all...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
41. Keep calling your brother on your cell phone to dictate key plot points (in a very loud voice) as they happen. "Oh my gosh, you won't BELIEVE this.....
[ROFL]

But these are ALL hysterical!! These are so funny! I should have done some when I went to see RotK on tuesday, but I didn't...

[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
50. Whenever someone on screen says "The Ring of Power," yell out "HEY! That was Wagner's idea first!! Cheaters!!"

Yeah, only dorky music people will get that. Really really dorky music people.

Yep! *points at self* that would be THIS girl right here! [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Raia. [Smile]

You're up later than I am!! *high fives Raia*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*high fives, sort of* Actually, I'm jetlagged, so I woke up about 2 hours ago! [Wink] But thanks, anyway! [Razz]
Raia
Member # 4700

I didn't realize this thing had three pages when I posted my two replies, so after those I went and read the rest... these are some that had me rolling on the floor!

quote:
58. Any time elves appear, say "Which one's Will Ferrell?"
quote:
63) During the big battle scenes, jump up, point, and yell, "I found Waldo."
quote:
77. Wait until the end and yell "It turned into a fluff thread about 3/4 of the way through."
quote:
Every time Legolas appears on-screen, let out a hearty "ARRRRR!"
quote:
116) Refer to Legolas as "Leg 3PO" and Gimli as "R2 Dwarf 2"
quote:
118) At the appropriate moment say "What? Eowyn is a chic? Next your going to tell me Legolas is a dude."
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
#131(or whatever number it is at). Everytime Sauron's eye is on screen ask people why no one is cooking over the fire pit at the top of that tower?
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Notorious Shira
Member # 6089

- posted      Profile for Notorious Shira   Email Notorious Shira         Edit/Delete Post 
#132 whenever sauron comes on screen ask everyone around u why they casted a flaming vagina for the role?
Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.