FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » things to do during Lord of the Rings (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: things to do during Lord of the Rings
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*******WARNING*********

Might contain some spoilers for those who haven't read the books. Continue
at your own risk

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell
loudly, "Wait... where in the world is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming:
"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas
could have done it better."

3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone
says: "The Ring." (Heh, okay maybe this one isn't the best guys -
wcb)

4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went
to Hogwarts.

6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr.
Anderson."

7. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at
the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

8. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the
end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

9. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of
Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

10. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN
FOREST, RUN!"

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN
FOREST, RUN!"

Ok, I can't get over that. It's hilarious.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
If these were original, they were very creative and funny.

quote:

6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

That was good. [Smile]

12. Loudly proclaim while standing in line that you can not wait for Gollum to bite Frodos finger off and then fall into Mount Doom. It's always fun to spoil movies for people like that.

13. "Woot" loudly whenever Arwen or Eowyn appear on screen.

14. See the movie 12 times, memorize the lines with a friend, and then for the 13th time, say them out loud.

15. Critisize every little detail that is different from the books to the stranger sitting next to you.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
15b. If that's too much trouble, make some up. "I swear, in the book, Aragorn had six fingers on his left hand. At the end, some spaniard killed him."
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
16. Ask the person next to you where to plug in the catheter.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I love these, and I love Eruve.

Walk up to some random person, hand them a box, say "Take this, run!" Then hane a friend in a black cloak come and mug them while screaing incomprehensibly. We did that at TTT.

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

17. Whip out the home made lembas bread that you snuck in.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
heehee...I actually have made lembas before...

12. Wear armour and point a sword at anyone who comes near you...

[ December 01, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Bah, thats a line waiting thing, Evure. And don't forget to number your jokes. [Smile]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Why do you keep calling me "Evure"? [Confused]

mmmm...lembas...

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Screen name dyslexia.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I understand, Smith_T. [Wink]
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh.... T, you should probably put a spoiler warning on your spoiler joke. Many people have not read the book here.
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [Big Grin]
Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."
I do that in my head anyway. It's wicked annoying.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I know, ever since we watched FotR, we've been walking arouns saying "Welcome to Rivendell...Mr. Anderson." It gets quite annoying after a while. [Smile]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
While waiting in line for The Two Towers, I bought a giant plastic spider at one the store we were in line in front of. We then got seats in the balcony and just waited for Shelob to appear so we could throw it on someone below.

...no Shelob. Drat. The spider has now been waiting a year for its big debut. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

#18) 1 giant oversized can of Raid for Shelob's big scene.

(You don't even have to use it. Just prop it up next to you and watchas the seats in front of you clear out.)

#19) In you best "Gremlin" voice, yell "Bright Light. Bright Light" whenever Galadriel's vial is used.

#20) Turn to person next to you and giggle, "Crack of doom my #$@. Hey mack, wanna buy a ring?".

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

21) After the movie is over, call everyone back to explain the parts of the book that weren't in the movie.

22) Be overly dramatic. Laugh too loud at the jokes, scream too loud at the intense moments, and give a blood curling scream of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" when the moment arises.

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh god I'm going to do all of these.

[ December 01, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Rhaegar The Fool ]

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I a bad person for wanting to stand up and yell out Ustael Peter Jackson!!!! next week at the TTT-EE showing when Aragorn falls off the cliff?
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
This is unrelated, but I was going to phone the pay phones at the theatre when the second matrix came out. So they'd ring all by themselves...

I couldn't find the pay phone number though, so i couldn't do it. [Frown]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Your right, that is unrelated.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

#23) Bring a sign demanding "Best Supporting Actor" Oscar for the midget they put in the Gollum suit.

#24) As soon as the lights go out, start making the Gollum noise, followed occasionaly with "Quite my prescious."

#25) Stand outside the theater with a petition condemning this biased/racist view of a legitamate Orcish culture. Demand people sign.

#26) In TTT, during the Treant attack on Isengard, run up to the screen and thow green globs of stuff at it. Say its Sap. Say your with PETTS (People for the Ethical Treatment of Trees and Shrubbery.) Scream about this being the worst botanical misrepresentation since the Knights Who Said Ni sent Arthur in search of a Shrubbery. Then claim that 42 trees were killed in the making of this scene.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:waiting for Papa Moose to be relieved at the nature of this thread:

Go into the LOTR thread and complain loudly that you haven't read the books "THanks for spoiling it for me" and huff away.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Uh.... T, you should probably put a spoiler warning on your spoiler joke. Many people have not read the book here.
There's a spoiler warning at the top of the thread. You'd think if people hadn't read the book and they saw the first warning they wouldn't read the rest of the thread since it's pretty much all spoilers.

27)Every time Frodo is in danger yell (in your best Sam impression) things like, "Mr. Frodo sir, are you all right?" and, "Gandalf said Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I won't."

Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats on the 666th, Julie.
[Evil] [Evil Laugh] [Evil] [Evil Laugh] [Evil] [Evil Laugh] [Evil] [Evil Laugh]

[ December 01, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I meant to number mine but I was too lazy. It is a "thing to do" and not "I am doing this" thing. I'm always hassling spoiler babies.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

Thanks! Didn't even notice it til it was gone. [Frown] [Evil Laugh] [Evil] [Evil Laugh] [Evil] [Evil Laugh] [Evil] [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
#25) Stand outside the theater with a petition condemning this biased/racist view of a legitamate Orcish culture. Demand people sign.
*laugh* I want to do this!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Insist loudly that Frodo's name in the books was Bilbo and he was from someplace called "Middle Earth" not "the Shire!". Refuse to be corrected.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

Add to previous post:
When Gandalf becomes White, insist loudly that he was grey in the book and that you are appalled at PJ's lack of sensitivity to the readers.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Um...

29?

29)Pass out copies of the book of mormon and Doctorine and Covanents and inform people that LotR was actually stolen from the Mormon Culture.

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
30) Launch into a long discussion of Elvish genealogy. Include an explanation of the different types of elves and their histories.

31) Form all plurals using -ses: ticketses, chairses, and usherses.

32) Bring Brillo pads to protest the lack of Scouring in this movie.

[ December 01, 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[ROFL]
Shigosei, I liked number 32!
[ROFL]

Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
7. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at
the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

I so am doing that!

33. Bring a group of girls with you and giggle loudly at every single time Legolas appears on screen and speaks Elvish. (fan banners and billboards optional)

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

34. Exclaim loudly that something PJ did differently is just "a glitch in the matrix". [Wink]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

36. Shout "NO PIPPIN! DON"T TOUCH THAT!"
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
37: Root for the bad guys, laughing whenever one of the fellowship gets hurt, and sobbing hysterically when Sauron is defeated.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
38. After the show as you leave your seat, wonder loudly why Frodo didn't just Fed Ex the ring and have done with it.

39. Say "I don't get it. Why would a ring be able to do that? It doesn't make any sense. Oh wait! It's a MAGIC ring. That's what it was! Wow! Cool!."

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
40. After the show you ask out loud why Gandalf didn't just have one of the Eagles take Frodo to Mount Doom in the first place.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
41. Keep calling your brother on your cell phone to dictate key plot points (in a very loud voice) as they happen. "Oh my gosh, you won't BELIEVE this....."
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
42. Complain at every plot twist that the movie obviously stole its storyline from Led Zeppelin and Rush lyrics.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

43. Sing the Tom Bombadil song and remark to your friends that you wish that segment had been left in.

Oh wait, you all probably WILL do that. Me too.

I think Phil Collins would've made the perfect Tom Bombadil

Speed
Member # 5162

44. Whenever Arwen appears, yell, "SING WALK THIS WAY!!!"

[ December 02, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Speed. Well not this time! Your's is #44.

HA!

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
That is hilarious, Speed.

Ha ha ha.

Ha ha.

Phil Collins as Tom Bombadill? Yes. Definutely.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

45. Whenever anyone dies in the presence of Gimli, wonder aloud if it had anything to do with "bad dates."

[ December 02, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Speed
Member # 5162

46. If anyone seems disappointed at the parts they left out, reply, "hey, at least it's better than that last Dungeons and Dragons movie."
Speed
Member # 5162

47. Every time a new character manifests himself, whisper loudly to your friends, "okay, is he the Lord of the Rings?"

[ December 02, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Speed ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.