FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Yay, I just started writing my first story (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yay, I just started writing my first story
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough* Of course not. (And yes, the coughing pun was intended)
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Noah, [ROFL]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell... I think it's fantastic that you are so excited about this story. I wish I had that much enthusiasm for my own work. Can't wait to read your stuff. Just send it to the e-mail address in my profile.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

larisse, I'd be happy to have you read my story. I'll get it to you As soon as possible. I'd like your input on plot development, character development, etc. You don't have to critique the grammar, unlees you really want to. I have someone helping my fix my grammatical errors.

Noah, I replied to your e-mail. I sent it at about 11:30 PM Mountain time. on the 14th. I add all this information because I don't know when you'll read this post. Don't worry about the grammar.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

larisse, I just sent you a copy of the story. I sent it not long after I sent Noah his e-mail. (about 11:50 PM)
Derrell
Member # 6062

Again, I would like to thank all those who have given me advice, shared stories, and expressed interest in my story. There are currently 3 Hatrackers who have copies of the story and have agreed to give me their feedback. If anyone else would like to read it, let me know.

The next part of this post is for that certain, special, Hatracker. Noah, i don't mean you. Sorry, but this person is far better looking and is my official proofreader. No, I'm not talking about Jon Boy. [Wink]

Thank you for being my friend and for helping me with the grammar in this, story and the previous piece of writing I sent you. I don't know if words can adequately describe what your friendship means to me. You are the one who inspired me to write the story that spawned this thread. You also inspired me to write the essay I sent you. I don't know if essay is the right word ofr it, but it's not a work of fiction. I suppose you could call it and ode. You have comforted me in times of sorrow and inspired me to take chances. You are my muse, and my friend. If this public praise embarrases you, I apologize, not for the praise, but for the embarrasment.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled post.

This is exciting for me and I'm happy to share the journey with my Hatrack family. I'm up to 3823 words and loving every minute of the time I spend writing.

I wonder if Orson ever visits this side of the river? I wonder what he'd think of the story I'm writing? I've read through the writing lessons, but would love to get personal feedback from OSC. I think I'd be a little nervous about him reading it, though.

Earlier I singled out one particular Hatracker for special thanks. Just in case anybody's wondering, this Hatracker is a Jatraquera. So it couldn't be Noah or Jon Boy.

Thank you all, and to that particular jatraquera, a very special thank you.

Derrell
Member # 6062

Larisse, I sent the story to you in rich text format. I'm sorry you weren't able to read it before. Thanks again, for the agreeing to read it.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
okay, okay. Mail it to me. Email in my profile. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Jamie, I just sent you an e-mail with the story attached. I hope you like it, but if you don't, please don't come to Arizona and kick my butt. [Wink]
Derrell
Member # 6062

Woo hoo! I'm up to 4166 words. For those who are reading the story, take your time. When you're done, I'd appreciate some feedback. You can post it here or send it by e-mail. If you're that certain, special Jatraquera, you can give me your feedback via AIM.
Derrell
Member # 6062

*bump*

Hey, it's my thread, I can bump it if I want to. I'm almost up to 4500 words. I need to share my excitement with somebody.

* Happy, happy Joy, joy Happy, happy Joy, joy* This concludes our Ren & Stimpy flashback for today.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just in case anybody's wondering, this Hatracker is a Jatraquera. So it couldn't be Noah or Jon Boy.
Ah. Pat?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

No. Sorry Papa Moose, it's not Pat. I don't know if this person would want her identity revealed. If she doesn't mind, I'll identify her in this thread, or she can identify herself. Thanks for playing, Papa Moose. Johnny, tell him what he's won. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.