FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And the bathos award goes to . . .

Author Topic: And the bathos award goes to . . .
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé

I have never watched more than five minutes of any reality show. Well, that's not true; I saw one episode of Last Comic Standing once, and I think I've seen parts of some episodes of the MTV reality shows, back when they were new. But I'm one of the many people who complain and say "this just isn't my thing."

But I was just getting ready to iron a shirt for tomorrow, and I turned on the TV to keep me entertained. The TV was set to FOX, and I caught about the last five minutes of this show.

Where's my gagging smilie?

This woman is tearfully going on about how important she discovered her family is to her, and she would never want to lie to them, and blah blah blah. If the people who create these shows want to appeal to the lowest common denominator of the population, heck, go for it (I guess). But go for it without any apologies. Don't try to wrap it all up with a tidy little moral apotheosis, Hallmark moment and everything.

Oh, wow. I guess this show had some redeeming social value after all.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I read this as:

And the Bathhouse award goes to...

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
If these shows truly represent reality, we are doomed as a species.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
I second that!
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
i agree.
lying on television... just for some stupid money
grrr

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.