FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Baleeted! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Baleeted!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, am I missing something, or isn't that exactly what happened?

edit: referring to Verbatim's last post

[ March 23, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
kat, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop randomly deleting threads.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Starla, Kat couldn't delete someone else's thread. Only the thread starter and the moderator have that power. Verbatim's just covering his lies with more lies.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee, one of the things I like about Hatrack is that if I realize after I post something dumb that I have, I can go back and delete it. (Especially accidental duplicate posts.) I don't want it to be like my other UBB forum, where I have to ask a mod to delete my (edited to blank) posts.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be happy to provide mustard.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Verbatim, no one can delete a post except the author and the administrators. And to prove it, here I have copied the entire thread that you deleted for everyone's reading pleasure. You won't be able to delete it because I posted it. Only the administrators could delete it.

Verbatim, you have lied again and again, just as OSC-fan saying things that anyone who has been here even a little while would know for a fact are false. If you want to be respected here, don't delete your posts, stand by what you say, and for goodness sake, QUIT LYING!!!!

Author Topic: Forgive and Forget.
Verbatim
Member # 6319

posted March 23, 2004 03:15 PM Kat, sweetie, it's ok to let go.

I am just a participant in different threads, as you are.
You already stated what you think, ok, we get the idea, you think I am OSC fan, ok, you posted your idea and you converted a few others to your idea, good, now...child, show what you learned from our Lord's teachings and let go.
Don't need to boycott every thread just because I posted my opinions in it, it seems like you're being obsessed by it.

I just want to be free to post my opinions like you are. Posts: 53 | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged |
Boon
Member # 4646

posted March 23, 2004 03:15 PM Posts: 331 | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged |
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

posted March 23, 2004 03:18 PM Funny that you want to post your opinions, but then you immediately delete all of them. Yeah, that's not trolling. Posts: 5019 | Registered: Sep 2002 | IP: Logged |
rivka
Member # 4859

posted March 23, 2004 03:18 PM *sets up concession stand*

*sells refillable popcorn and drinks (sharing ok) at ridiculous prices*

*puts out selection of tasteful souvenirs* Posts: 5823 | Registered: Mar 2003 | IP: Logged |
Derrell
Member # 6062

posted March 23, 2004 03:20 PM rivka, are you selling coke or pepsi products? Posts: 642 | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged |
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

posted March 23, 2004 03:20 PM *lays out a blanket, sits down to watch*

*checks out the concession stand, is outraged by the prices, wishes he had brought his own snacks* Posts: 515 | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged |
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

posted March 23, 2004 03:20 PM "tasteful souveniers" is an oxymoron Posts: 5897 | Registered: Apr 2002 | IP: Logged |
rivka
Member # 4859

posted March 23, 2004 03:20 PM Both. This is a non-discriminatory concession stand. Posts: 5823 | Registered: Mar 2003 | IP: Logged |
Starla*
Member # 5835

posted March 23, 2004 03:21 PM That's why I carry a messenger bag, mr_porterio_head. Posts: 359 | Registered: Oct 2003 | IP: Logged |
Verbatim
Member # 6319

posted March 23, 2004 03:21 PM Jon Boy, why giving good ideas to people like that?

I deleted them because every time I posted something concerning that thread, they pop up accusing me of being osc fan, I don't care what that guy has done to them (he was on the list together with them) but I don't like it when immature people disrupt threads like that.

[ March 23, 2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Verbatim ] Posts: 53 | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged |
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

posted March 23, 2004 03:22 PM *buys a refillable mondo-sized Pepsi*

*goes thread-hopping* Posts: 5019 | Registered: Sep 2002 | IP: Logged |
Derrell
Member # 6062

posted March 23, 2004 03:22 PM Cool. I'll have a large coke and a bag of peanut butter m&ms. Posts: 642 | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged |
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

posted March 23, 2004 03:23 PM Verbatim, why writing incomplete sentences? Posts: 5019 | Registered: Sep 2002 | IP: Logged |
katharina
Member # 827

posted March 23, 2004 03:23 PM People like what?

Lay it out, honey. Say EXACTLY what you think of me. Every word. I want to hear it. Be specific, and be colorful. Do it now, or forever hold your peace. Posts: 11293 | Registered: Mar 2000 | IP: Logged |
rivka
Member # 4859

posted March 23, 2004 03:24 PM *rakes in cash*

*serves customers* Posts: 5823 | Registered: Mar 2003 | IP: Logged |
Frisco
Member # 3765

posted March 23, 2004 03:25 PM *streaks into thread*

*steals Derrell's M&Ms*

*streaks out of thread* Posts: 3872 | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged |
Boon
Member # 4646

posted March 23, 2004 03:26 PM Wait! I'm selling tickets on eBay! Posts: 331 | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged |
peterh
Member # 5208

posted March 23, 2004 03:26 PM Go Kat.

It appears someone has picked up the gauntlet that Jeniwren threw at my feet last week, and thrown it back down.

Poor Gauntlet... Posts: 284 | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged |
Derrell
Member # 6062

posted March 23, 2004 03:26 PM rivka, if you need help running the concession stand, I have expereience. Posts: 642 | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged |
Verbatim
Member # 6319

posted March 23, 2004 03:26 PM kat, I don't need to, we all know you're a fake, and then you accuse others of being fakes. Posts: 53 | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged |
Verbatim
Member # 6319

posted March 23, 2004 03:27 PM Yeah, Peter, I got the gauntlet Posts: 53 | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged |
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

posted March 23, 2004 03:27 PM Verbatim, I'm going to say this very clearly and slowly, with big letters so there's no mistake about what I mean:

GO

TROLL

SOMEWHERE

ELSE Posts: 5019 | Registered: Sep 2002 | IP: Logged |
katharina
Member # 827

posted March 23, 2004 03:28 PM Oh honey, that was your chance! Try again. You get a second try.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure she could. She has the power to shape the UBB as she sees fit. She is... The One

As are Tom and BannaOJ.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Who has moderator powers around here anyway? I always wondered about that.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Starla.

rivka, we need more peanut butter M&Ms.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Bob, that was awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, where is Kat??
*suspicious look*

Yes...where is kat?

Everybody! Search the place!

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I thought, Jon Boy.

Why do people do things like that?

Nevermind, just b/c they can be someone else for a little while and rile people up, and upset them. Leave and come back as someone else.

Really, it's cowardly. It's a shame that someone dislikes themselves so much that they have to be someone else rather then change themselves or learn to love themselves.

Can I have more M&M's?

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I think my head's gonna explode.

Kat, please quit antagonizing Verb-Fan for no reason. You really shouldn't delete his posts without his permission. [Evil Laugh]

Verb, you must think we're all idiots. Once again, please quit trolling here. We don't welcome it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka, I think it's good to be able to delete the content. But if you can edit posts, you could delete the content to hide misposts.

I don't mind if people delete their own posts. I was just proposing a solution within the limitations of UBB.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

*hands Starla more M&Ms*
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Verbatim started his thread - number 022722

After some exciting activity there, the thread was deleted. The only people with the power to do this are the mods and the person who started the thread.

Frisco immediately started this thread to comment on the now-gone thread. It was also given thread number 022722, since the previous 022722 was gone, it was the next sequential number.

The page Yogi linked to records posters' activity by thread number, but displays them by thread title. Since the thread number currently references this thread title, it means the Recent Posts page for each poster is not always correct.

The real issue is being obscured: Out of 22,722 threads, how many do you think were about Hatrack?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*opens up new crate of M&Ms*

Who wanted what flavor?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I'm really glad that I put down a blanket to watch this. It's better than a monster truck ralley!
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I now know that the list I received concerning this forum's trolls is true.

Now that I'm thoroughly confused, I think I'll just get back to work....
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

I just read that whole deleted post.

What an jerk. How can a fake call anyone fake?

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

[Wave]

Bye, Verbatim. Good luck finding a forum where your lies and trolling are acceptable.

Eslaine, Verbatim claimed to receive a "black list" of known trolls on Hatrack. The list included TomDavidson, BannaOJ, and katharina. He claimed that this list was being sent by a veteran member to all newbies (funny, considering Verbatim's email address isn't visible).

[ March 23, 2004, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Derrell
Member # 6062

I want peanut butter M&Ms please.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
I now know that the list I received concerning this forum's trolls is true.
I really want to see this list. And to know how I get on it if I'm not. [Smile]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just waiting for Faithful_Mormon to show up and talk about his multiple wives. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*tosses Derrell a package*

*throws like a girl*

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Has there been some sort of massive amount of trolling other than these threads from Verbatim I haven't noticed?
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
For Boon:
You're head a 'splode

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

I think this is all very sad and pathetic, though. I mean, really...

katharina
Member # 827

Seriously, 23,000 threads! That's huge! No wonder there are periodic cleanings!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Please, beverly, can you explain how frisco's thread appears in my post count when I didn't start it??
This has been explained several times.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yes, Jeni, but Verbatim then deletes his posts afterward.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Verbatim -- as has been explained before, after your thread was deleted, Frisco's thread was given the next available number, which happened to be the number that you thread had been.
Derrell
Member # 6062

*buys whole case of M&Ms from rivka* The M&Ms are my treat. Who wants some?
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo-hoo! M&Ms and a show!

I'll take some crispy M&Ms, please.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Verbatim, please email me. Maybe we can talk this out. All you have to do is click on my name and you will see the address.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*looks around*

Gee, where's Kat? I haven't seen her in ages . . .

Verbatim, let me say it again:

GO

TROLL

SOMEWHERE

ELSE

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
The Almighty katharina.

Hee.

Just sayin'. Um. Hee.

I am starting a list again, only it can't be a green list because St. Patrick's Day is over...I'm going to make it a skyblue/lavender list, for Spring (it will be here, eventually, right?).

Who's on my new list now?

*licks pen nib and gets sparkly blue ink on tongue*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

New rule - first person to reply to V's threads makes a response thread quoting his post so he can't delete the responses.
Professor Tor Coolguy
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Professor Tor Coolguy   Email Professor Tor Coolguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I know cool guys, and let me just say, this verbatim, he's not one.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

peterh--- [ROFL]
katharina
Member # 827

[Wave] I'm right here, Jon Boy. Actually working, plus my mouth is full of peanut butter M&Ms from Rivka. [Smile]

Everything's been said for me, I think. I was sort of hoping to get a scathing post of Verbatim so this could be over once and for all.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Verbatim, this is the kind of blind belief we needed in the Atheism thread!
Derrell
Member # 6062

*hands Vana a bag of crispy M&Ms*

Anyone else want some?

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
More and more often, I find myself unable to decide whether certain posters honestly believe what they're saying or if they're pulling my leg.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No thanks, I'm all filled up on Halvah.
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
someone told me it's the new sport in this forum and it was launched by some people who have nothing else to do all day.
Who told you this? [Smile]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't hit the door on your way out.

Actually, I really don't care either way. Just don't let the door stop you.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nick Diamos

Derrell
Member # 6062

Dagonee, how is the Halvah? I might just have to try some.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.