FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » fictional crushes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: fictional crushes
gwan
Member # 6194

- posted      Profile for gwan   Email gwan         Edit/Delete Post 
While on the other side, I realized I have many ficitonal crushes.... Some more disturbing than others. So Spill it everyone, who are your fictional crushes?

Personaally Bean is on the top of my list. Achilles [Dont Know] ( Thats the disturbing one.)
Verily Cooper.
Ta-kumsaw.
Kevin the bard(Mist of Avalon)(another disturbing one)
John Coffey (the green mile..... disturbing also)
[Blushing]

I think that is it.... But now its your turn.

Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Juror #8, from Twelve Angry Men

Aragorn, before the movie (I mean, his incredible hotness in the movie didn't hurt, but I thought he was the perfect guy when I read the book)

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Adult Ender - first and major

Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

[ROFL] Gilbert [ROFL]
I'm sorry... i won't laugh from now on... maybe.

Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*sigh* You moron. You don't ask people for things and then make fun of their responses.

Very unHatrackian.

[ March 29, 2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Kat... Gilbert mmmmm...
Reuven Malter (The Chosen) - tho he'd never have dated me.

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Miss Buxley (Beetle Bailey)
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Min Farshaw
Angua
Anne Shirley (whom I picked even before I saw that anyone had mentioned Gilbert Blythe)
Kitty Wheelwright (from A Prayer for Owen Meany)
katharina

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

ooooo, I forgot Vanya!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ivanhoe
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*grins at LawGuy*

I'm fictional? [Blushing]

[ March 29, 2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Achilles is a disturbing one. [Angst]

May I ask why?

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Lúthien Tinúviel, but *not* Arwen. I loved that Lúthien had the will to go against her father to follow her love. (Yes, I realize that this goes completely against what I said in Calvin's thread. So be it). I never cared for Arwen. All she ever did was be pretty and sew.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Since when is greeting an insult with an insult Hatrackian?

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Verily Cooper.

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

I can't really tell you.... There is just something really attractive about him. He's semi brilliant. Maybe he manuevered me, through the book. OH IS NO ONE SAFE.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
kat, are you implying that you actually exist ? Oh, my stars.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Oh, and the Zan from the Romance Writers thread was HOT. [Wink]
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
belle from Disney's beauty and the beast... I mean, she was smart, liked to read, had a great singing voice, and was pretty hot... whats not to like?? [Embarrassed]
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, you asked. I've got some bizarre ones.

Puddleglum, the Marshwiggle in "The Silver Chair"
Sherlock Holmes
Data (STNG)

By no means all of them, but these are some of my most unusual.

Edit: I am surprised that no one yet has listed Frodo.

[ March 29, 2004, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Jane

Edited to add: Ariel, the litte mermaid. I have a serious mermaid fetish. [Wink] With the name Peter, I love the part in Disney's Peter Pan when he takes Wendy to visit the mermaids. "Peter, Peter, Oh Peter" [Evil]

[ March 29, 2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: peterh ]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
lovelock

Does that make me wierd? I just love monkeys so much. My students call me the monkey man because I have stuffed monkeys all over my desk.

edit to add: My crush is in a very non romantic way. I realize lovelock is a boy. I just would love to hang out in the Arc and throw turds together or something. [Big Grin]

[ March 29, 2004, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: beatnix19 ]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Smile] Let me check in the mirror... hmm, inconclusive.

----

That Data comment reminded me. Geordi, the Next Generation. He was just so sweet and smart and handsome, and he was so crazy about that one engineer lady he met through the Holowhatever.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and the Zan from the Romance Writers thread was HOT.
If you hadn't put that "the" in there, I would have blushed. As it is... [Grumble]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

hey, kat, love the selective reading. or is it selective responding?

Zan, [Evil] that was a bit of an onanism response on my part, wasn't it?

katharina
Member # 827

Selective responding.

[ March 29, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I don't think I've ever told my wife this, but I always had a crush on Beverly Crusher. If I thought too much about that, I would get weirded out, because I always related to Westley. So I choose to not think about it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband had a crush on my "name-sake" and I didn't even know! That is my funniest moment for today.

[ROFL]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Just making sure it's the passive aggressive thing and not the lack of attention to detail thing. Is 'honey' more or less condescending than 'moron,' or did I get a free pass on the disdain because I've been around more than a month?
katharina
Member # 827

I just didn't want to say it anymore. It had nothing to do with you. It's not passive aggressive. I didn't want to respond to it, and so ignored it. No hidden agenda.

[ March 29, 2004, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

gwan
Member # 6194

I also forgot, Lord Henry from THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GREY.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Yet you edited the response to my question to fix exactly the type of problem my post was addressing without editing the original post. I guess that's also selective responding. Here's a gold star for being so clever.
katharina
Member # 827

I have answered in every case exactly the way I want.
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Death from the Sandman comics. Of course, Gaiman created her to be the most compassionate (and, in my book, attractive) person possible; someone who you could tell anything and would still love you. Pretty much every guy in the series seemed to fall in love with her at some point in time.

[ March 29, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

*takes notes on how to not be passive aggressive*

*amends kat's file to include acceptableness of use of derogatory, non-profane, terms in etiquette commentary*

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Are the sandman comics worth reading? How dark are they?
katharina
Member # 827

peter the bookie = pooka, right?
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
It varies. While Gaiman certainly does have a tendancy for the darker stuff, the Sandman comics are not without their lighter moments. It's essentially a tragic character study with numerous original and creative sidestories. The real trouble with the series is that Gaiman doesn't hit his stride for a little while, but the first few books are intrinsic to the story.

Overall, although sad, the Sandman is definitely worth reading if only for its extreme ingenuity.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Captain Picard

...bald is beautiful... on some people.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

no. i'll give you a hint: who would i have to be to consider an attraction to that version of zan onanistic?
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, that does make the world make more sense. I couldn't figure out what had gotten into pooka.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

But it's ok coming from me?

*takes more notes*

katharina
Member # 827

Well, no, but at this point I just figure you're having a bad day.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Strider

*waits for Kira to beat her up*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

I'm actually having a pretty good day. Learning all sorts of new things!
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. Emma Peel Rowr!.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*googles Mrs. Emma Peel*
quote:
With an IQ of 152, Mrs. Peel was a mental match (as well as a physical match) for any opponent. Her beauty, prowess, wit, and charm made her one of the most desirable and formidable women of the 60's and early 70's. Few women since have had such a long lasting impact.
http://calwestray.tripod.com/emma_peel.htm

[ March 29, 2004, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I second the crush on Aragorn...

Also, the Weasley twins *dreamy expression*

I KNOW there are more, I just have to think of them.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Having met her, I have to (sadly) confirm that Kat is, indeed fictional... [Razz]
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a girl it was Legolas (big shocker there, eh?)and Calvin from A Wrinkle in Time. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, and the Emma Peel thing reminded me of my one real fictional crush-- Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever.

edit: "one real fictional crush"?
I've got something wrong with my turn-of-phrase sporcket today...

[ March 29, 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.