FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » fictional crushes (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: fictional crushes
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Bizarrely enough, I had a crush on Joni Harper, the villain of a Christopher Pike horror novel, back in high school. (Not even human, mentally and spiritually, and a dangerous murderer.)
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Zotto
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
ShadowKitty from X-Men.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
Clint Eastwood, Patrick Swayze, Johnny Depp, the character of Aragorn. Now you all know how old I am. [Blushing]
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

From my remembrance, you're 110 years old, UTAH.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Teshi,

Prince Caspian is SO hot!!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
What a great thread! [Big Grin]

My biggest fictional crushes:

Ender (what can I say?)
Harry Potter (yeah, pretty silly, but true)
Sirius Black
Gilbert Blythe
Captain Jack Sparrow [Evil]
Johnny Depp in most of his other roles [Wink] (though not in real life...he smokes)
Shane West in A Walk to Remember
Pete in Win a Date with Tad Hamilton (way to mention him, kidyanna!)
Prince Jonathan from Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce (I totally agree, Teshi!)
Mr. Knightley(!) from Emma

This is so fun... [Blushing]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
George so beat Jonathan, it was so obvious Jonathan and Alanna could never end up together, I didn't get how anyone thought that would work. I did have a crush on Liam for a while though.

Juror #8 is the cool one. I have a whole 'nother list of disturbing fictional characters I've had crushes on. To give you an idea: Bill from "Oliver!" is fairly near the top.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Johnny Depp in most of his other roles (though not in real life...he smokes)
So I'm guessing his role as Raoul Duke is right out.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Spike from Cowboy Bebop
Doc Holiday from Tombstone
Martin Blank from Gross Pointe Blank
Really all John Cusack characters I think [Blushing]

Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

I knew George would beat Jonathan, but it was Jonathan I was more attracted to. [Smile]

AND, I can't believe I forgot to mention Tom Welling as Clark Kent in Smallville! *swoons* He's got the best smile!

Frisco, I actually haven't seen that many Johnny Depp movies because so many are rated-R. (I'm just assuming that role is from an R-rated movie because I haven't heard of it.) But really, it's just the fact that he smokes in real life. Fictional characters might be ok. [Wink]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I knew George would beat Jonathan, but it was Jonathan I was more attracted to.
Aged eight, when I first read the third book and it became clear that Jonathan and Alanna weren't going to get along, I was devastated. Aged about fourteen, when I finally pulled myself together and read the third and forth books, it was perfectly clear. I guess it's the sort of thing that comes with age.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see, in no particular order:

Ariel and Belle from disney (of course).
Valentine, Katerina, Luet from Card's books.
Lyanna, Dany and Sansa in Martin's books
(Sansa cause of the end of book three, the scene of her in the snow broke my heart a bit)
Kitty and Jubilee from the X-Men
Lacy Chabert's character on Party of Five
(Yes she was young, but so was I!)
Kelly from Saved By the Bell
The female character in Legend (the movie with Tom Cruise)
Princess Zelda
Bastilla from KOTOR
Rikku from Final Fantasy X
Aerie the winged elf from Baldur's Gate II
(she was annoying a little, but I loved her voice, and ended up sleeping with her in the game [Wink] )
Eowyn from LOTR

Okay, I can stop now. The list is nowhere near finished, as I am listing both current and past crushes. This is a decent sampling anyway [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Most Winona Ryder characters.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Alain from "The One Kingdom."

(shivers)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess movies count, too?

I usually get so swept up in books, that I fall in love with so many characters...
Archie (Eight Cousins)
Bean
Merlin (mostly from The Pendragon Cycle)
Cai (The Pendragon Cycle)
Mr Knightley (actually, most of the guys from Jane Austen...)
Luthe (The Hero and the Crown)
Corlath (The Blue Sword)
the-blacksmith-guy from Spindle's End
Obi-Wan Kenobi (don't laugh, I meant the young one from the books)
the-dolphin-guy from A ring of Endless Light (why can't I remember the names?!)
Freckles
Little John (The Outlaws of Sherwood)

And from movies:
Jack Sparrow
Wolverine (yum!)
Pippin [Smile]
Legolas
Seamus Harper (Andromeda)
Jonas Quinn (SG:1)
Obi-Wan (episode 1)
Wesley
Han Solo
Indiano Jones
Spiderman

I'll probably think of more later...

[ March 30, 2004, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Corwin (The Blue Sword)

You mean Corlath...?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Paraphase from The Simpsons last night:

Lisa to J. K. Rowling: What happens at the end of the last book?

J. K. Rowling [disgustedly]: Harry Potter grows up and marries you. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Lisa [dreamily]: Yes!

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

[ROFL] That's great, Jon Boy!

quote:
what's-his-name that Emma Woodhouse married
That would be Mr. Knightley. [Big Grin]

[ March 29, 2004, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: hansenj ]

MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wilma Flintstone.

Simply the hottest cartoon babe ever.

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
karen allen's character in "Raiders".

sprung at 12, still searching at 34.

[Razz]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Indiana Jones
Gil Grissom (from CSI), but also, strangely, Warwick Brown (also from CSI)
Aragorn (even though I hate being one of the crowd, just can't help it)
Wolverine (movie version of X-Men)

I know I'll think of another one or two as soon as I post this, but oh, well.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello...the TMNT.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Vash the Stampede
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin
Member # 6042

- posted      Profile for Pippin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] Most of the ladies of Hatrack [Blushing] (since i have never met any of you, you are all fictional)
Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

I gotta crush on one TT&T (sp?).
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Prince Myshkin (from The Idiot),
Aloysha Karamazov (from The Brothers Karamazov),
Rodion and also his best friend who loved Dunia from Crime and Punishment,
Vanya from The Insulted and the Humiliated
The guy in White Nights
The title character from The Little Hero
(all of the above by Dostoyevsky)
Connie Shaklin from Nevil Shute's "Round the Bend",
Ged from Ursula K. LeGuin's Earthsea books

[ March 30, 2004, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: aka ]

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Ged?

Yer such a sap, AKA.

aka
Member # 139

Yes, Ged. He's awesome! <laughs> [Smile]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*whispers* "ged's a character in a fictional novel* He's not here.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, Ged is totally sexy, you are right, aka.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Shadowkitty? Do you mean Shadow Cat/Kitty Pryde or Shadowkitty, her clone from X-Babies?

(And did you know I once entered a costume contest at a comic shop dressed as old school Shadow Cat?)

[ March 30, 2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Trinity. Classiest. Ever.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Ged kicks. I was going to put him down before but Phineas needed his own post.

Although, I'm growing more in love with Harry Potter everyday. [Blushing] I'm not attracted to him in the movie, though. I'd pick Wood over Harry anyday.

And don't be shy about Don, fiazko. I didn't like him, but a ton of my girlfriends did. (I liked Leo.) One still does. [Wink]

And...Haruka. That's a tough one to admit for me, Syn. She's the only female character/person I've ever been attracted to. But look how manly she is, anyway! Or, maybe androgynous is a better term.

But my very first fictional crush ever? Get ready for this.

Burt Ward as Robin. I was three. [Big Grin] I also used to like Charlie from Mighty Ducks.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Ivan's mother in Enchantment. (I cannot remember her name. Baba Mama?)
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Verily Cooper, Ramses Emerson, Mr. de Winter (everyone laughs at me over this), and Remus Lupin. Would marry any of them in a heartbeat.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls, and Charlotte from Lost In Translation.

I dig brainy, clever chicks. That are hot.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm I would say Polgera from the belgariad series by david eddings.

I could die a happy man if i could see her do a nadrak dance. hehe [Big Grin]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I was in the other thread, and I was trying to figure out why anybody would hate Polgara. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

quote:

(And did you know I once entered a costume contest at a comic shop dressed as old school Shadow Cat?)

Holy cool!

And yes, you're right. Shadow Cat.
[Grumble]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Another really sexy fictional character was Alessandro Giuliani in "A Soldier of the Great War."
Geomancer
Member # 6299

- posted      Profile for Geomancer   Email Geomancer         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right...Juror 8 was the one that Henry Fonda played in the original screenplay...the one in the white suit! Aha, I can see why you had a crush on him, Blackwolve. But it's too bad I'm a dude and I don't have crushes on other dudes. [Wink]
Posts: 40 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*grin*

Okay, I forgot Ninjara from the Archie TMNT comics.

And the Rose from The Little Prince.

And Kitty Pryde.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geomancer
Member # 6299

- posted      Profile for Geomancer   Email Geomancer         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a few more...Jean Grey, Rogue, Rachel Keller from The Ring (she's way witty), Mary Jane Watson, Felicia Hardy, and Rei Ayanami.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is really starting to irritate me. When I was 14-15 used to have the biggest fictional crush on a book character. I used to dream about the character!

But can I remember who it was now?

[Grumble]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, another Helprin fan. [Smile]

Literary crushes:

Saltheart Foamfollower (Thomas Covenant series)
Harlequin (Chase the Moon)
Miles Vorkosigan (Loiuse McMaster Bujold series)
Jack (Playing the Jack)

Jean Valjean (Les Miserables)
Bann (Thomas Covenant series)
Bard of Dale (The Hobbit)
Aragorn (LOTR)

Looks like I'm pretty evenly distributed between "laughing in the face of despair" and "grim-faced with moral steadfastness." Hey, the combination would be a pretty good description of my husband. Nice. [Smile]

[ March 30, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

Oh CT, I love Foamfollower too! The pure one. I love Pitchwife even more, I think. Thanks for reminding me of them.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The 2nd Romana

10 Geek points to whoever first admits knowing who I mean.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Aragorn
Eomer
Samwise Gamgee
Pippin
Merry
Bard of Dale
Calvin O'Keefe
Meg Murray
Vicki Austin
Zachary Grey
Gilbert Blythe
Anne Shirley
Jo March
Laurie
Rhett Butler
Captain Nemo!
Alain from Kidnapped

I really got hot for guys who were close -
Frodo and Sam
Alain and the kid from Kidnapped
Professor Aronnax and his servant in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

What does this say about me?

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
My first crush, EVER, was on Speed Racer. [Blushing] Always gone for the pretty cartoon boys, I guess.

Then... Frodo. I guess I wanted to kiss it make it better. *shrug*

Then, hmmm. The Antichrist in the second and third Omen movies. [Big Grin]

Then... Prince Caspian and a character in a Christian comic book who was really cute and brave and, yeah, tortured.

So, basically, I have always, even as a very young girl, had a thing for pretty animated or drawn boys, and male characters who were tortured in some way. Eye Candy and Suffering... s it still a kink if it started when you were six? [Evil]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.