FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » fictional crushes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: fictional crushes
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is about fictional crushes and I certainly know what onanistic means, but all these references to an attraction to
that version of Zan is starting to make me feel a bit unappreciated.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
*Waits for someone to mention Lara Croft*
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I think ALL my crushes have been fictional. [Roll Eyes]

Though this list is far from complete, here are the biggies:

Book is totally right, Death is one of my top crushes.

Luet from Homecoming, DeAnne from Lost Boys, Katerina from Enchantment, and Peggy from Alvin Maker, all by our beloved host.

Jenny, from Scott McCloud's comic Zot! (where I got my screenname, incidentally)

Raina from Jeff Thompson's comic Blankets.

Lucy and Jill from The Chronicles of Narnia.

Thorn from Jeff Smith's comic Bone.

Hmm...I'm sure there's more. Do people like Jane from Disney's Tarzan count? [Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Definately Pat from Saturday Night Live.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Beverly -- nobody can have a crush on somebody without a personality. Lots of boys have lusted after Lara Croft, but sorry, no crushes.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Numero Uno: Phineas- "A Seperate Peace"
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, no doubt!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Sirius Black.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Billy the Kid in Young Guns II.

I was dizzy for almost two months.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Oh, so Cate Archer has a personality and Lara Croft doesn't?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I come home late at night
On the floor to turn you on
I check for tint and Technicolor
After you there is no other
Your brown hair is my connection
Connects my resurrection
And everyone else is just a harlot
A Star Search spokes model starlet
Miss Emma Peal
Black boots kick high at his face
One last look at the grace of
Miss Emma Peel
Catch the curve of your leather heel
Before he blacks out
That's another one down for
Miss Emma Peel

Okay, so I never watched The Avengers. I just like the Dishwalla song.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops. I had skipped over Analog's post. I was wondering why you were waiting for somebody to mention Lara Croft.

But still, Lara was so obviously marketed as a sex thing that it's hard to get past that.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Cate Archer has *more* of a personality than Lara Croft... I am not inclined to comment on how much either of them (fictionally) has, but I find Ms. Archer's back story much more fascinating, and she looks better, too.
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

My point was, as I look over the list, it is pretty obvious that for the guys a heavy factor in crushes is T&A. I'm not saying that's all of it, but it's pretty darn important. Now, Zotto! has a list I can truly respect. [Hat]
Mockingbird
Member # 5640

- posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Email Mockingbird         Edit/Delete Post 
Tor, from Robin McKinley's "The Hero and the Crown". I always have held it against Aerin for falling for Luthe as well.

Darcy, from "Pride and Prejudice".

And Speed Racer. Of course, I was 10 years old at the time. [Big Grin]

Mockingbird (long lost poster dipping her toes in the water again)

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Decided to stick with just literary crushes:

For me, there's only one real winner in this category.

Anita Blake

(Maybe "crush" isn't exactly the right word)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Thirds on Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables series. *sigh* [Smile]

Lars from Anne McCaffery's Crystal Singer series.

Sonny from Connie Willis's Promised Land.

and
Jon Snow from the Fire and Ice series.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

OK, I'll not debate that T&A use useful in getting a guy's attention. But Lara Croft is nothing but T&A, and that's just not interesting.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Lupin
Kabuki
Akemi
Vandel
Squall
Seifer
Quistis
Edea
Vincent
Setzer
Lord Asriel
Dicken
ect

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
MPH...I took a chance and pronounced your name out loud yesterday. I was amazed how close it really came to the word potato.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I have used the name Porteiro for years. A friend started calling me potato, mostly because he was bugged at me trying to get him to say a non-english word.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Anya from the Buffyverse.

Arya from Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series...

And no, it wasn't just women with four letter names that began and ended with 'a' and had a 'y' as the third letter.

Ooh, and somebody mentioned Beverly Crusher! She was hawt! But they never really developed her sexuality the way they did Counselor Troi's. sigh.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Most recently, Captain Liberty in the live action Tick series. She has this no-nonsense attitude that I really dig. [Smile]

Edit: And Inara from Firefly. She exudes this aura of sensuality that I can't escape.

[ March 29, 2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Severus Snape (though that might be because of Alan Rickman, hard to say)
The Hound (I think it's more "I want good things for him")
Miro (oh, let me heal your angst and kiss your boo boos)
F'nor from the Pern books (I think I liked him because his ego wasn't the size of his dragon like most of the men in those books, but he was still smart and strong.)
Remus Lupin (Hey, once a month I'm a monster too. Smart, sweet, and let's face it, he needs a woman's touch)
Aragorn (I don't think I need to explain this one)
Jesse from Bridge to Terebithia (think this was my first fiction crush. He's gentle and sweetly oblivious.)
Nick from The Stand (Why did no one snag this guy up? I could never understand why practically everyone in the book was pairing up and he never did find a nice lady [Frown] .)

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

I admit, Lara Croft was an exaggeration to make a snarky jab. But at the same time, I would not at all be surprised if plenty of guys had crushes on her, at least when the game first came out. Now with the movies, she has become more of a joke than ever.
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Johnny, you have a crush on an 11-year-old girl?

Actually, I have a crush on Margaery Tyrell...but at least she's 15.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geomancer
Member # 6299

- posted      Profile for Geomancer   Email Geomancer         Edit/Delete Post 
"Juror #8, from Twelve Angry Men"...(Blackwolve) Wasn't he the foreign one that, like, made the best points out of them all? Anyways, I had a huge crush on Daphne from Scooby-Doo, Sailor Moon, and the original pink Ranger Kimberly...I even saw the very first episode of Power Rangers when I was in 1st Grade. Ah, the memories...but then they ruined it with all sorts of new Ranger's series [Roll Eyes] ...so I stopped [Wall Bash] ...then grew up... [Cool]
Posts: 40 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I just thought of a new one -- Min in Rand Land. That is, during the part of the series that I like (first 4 books). I dislike her in the later books as much as I dislike everything else in the latter books (except for Matt, who became cooler in the later books).

You know if they *had* explored Beverly Crusher's sexuality, my interest in her probably would have evaporated.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

No, wasn't Juror #8 piglet?
Geomancer
Member # 6299

And Tifa Lockheard from Final Fantasy VII...and Selphie from FF8...and Quistis from FF8...and Garnet from FF9...and Rikku from FF10...and Lulu from FF10... [Big Grin] Thank god for Tetsuya Nomura (he's the character designer for all the FF games.)
Posts: 40 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geomancer
Member # 6299

No, piglet was #2.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Haruka in Sailor Moon
Hotohori in Fushigi Yugi
both Daxes
Riker in STNG
Odo
Kes

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geomancer
Member # 6299

The foreign dude was #8, im sure of it. and #3 was the pessimist, and #4 was...well, I watched and read it last year, but there's a good chance I'm wrong.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Which one was Piglet, then?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Haplo from the Deathgate series!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geomancer
Member # 6299

Bah, my English teacher just walked out of the library, I could have asked her...
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Eolair from Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geomancer
Member # 6299

Piglet was #2!
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
i love my books/ movies so here's my list...

Gilbert (anne of green gables)
Laurie ( little women)
jack (newsies)
jordan catalano (my so called life)
pete (win a date with tad hamilton)
prince phillip (sleeping beauty)
will turner ( pirates of the carribean)
Sam (benny and joon)
Harry (when harry met sally)
Lupin (harry potter)
sirius (harry potter)
oliver wood (harry potter)
bill (harry potter)
well that's about it for me

~*~*~Kidyanna~*~*~

[ March 29, 2004, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: kidyanna ]

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geomancer
Member # 6299

Wow, you didn't have a crush on Jack Sparrow like most chicks did?
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
no see i just love johnny depp
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Dexter's Mom is strangely attractive
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in love with a lOT of characters. ken doesn't seem to mind.
Captain Jack sparrow
Remus lupin
sirius black
Cuthbert (Dark tower)
Roland (dark tower)
Hiro protagonist( just finished snow crash... cant' stop thinking about it.)
Samwise gamgee
Pippin
Aragorn
BOromir
Obi Wan
John chrighton(farscape)
Ivan(enchantment)
Westley(princess bride)
Ben (eyes of the dragon)
Malcolm reynolds(firefly)
Hamlet
Puck
Spike(buffy)
Westley(angel)

I think that's most of them.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

Oh my freaking goodness, how could I forget Buttercup from The Princess Bride? [Blushing]

Thanks for mentioning Westley and reminding me, Ni!

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
In order from then to now...

Prince Jonathan from the Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce, and George from the same series although he came later. [Smile]
Dickon from The Secret Garden.
Prince Caspian from the Chronicals of Narnia

quote:
Tor, from Robin McKinley's "The Hero and the Crown".
Him too, but mostly Corlath from The Blue Sword by the same author.
Linus from the remake of the movie Ocean's Eleven. He's just so talented and cool.

There are deinfinately others but I can'r remember them off the top of my head.

Pippin. How could I forget!

[ March 29, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan Idaho (the first ghola version)
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Easter from American Gods.

Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond. (Unsurprisingly, I pictured Patricia Heaton as Easter.)

[ March 29, 2004, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie Fraser from "Cross Stitch" - Diana Gabaldon. ::dies:: (One of the best books in the world).

Homer from "Tomorrow When the War Began" - John Marsden (Arguably an even better book than Cross Stitch).

Ooh, and Heath Ledger in "Ten Things I Hate About You".

Ummmm... I'll probably be back when I think of more. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Aragorn, before the movie (I mean, his incredible hotness in the movie didn't hurt, but I thought he was the perfect guy when I read the book)
Ooh me too!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

*smacks head* Dragon, I always confuse your name with Dagonee's.

I was therefore very confused a second ago. [Smile]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.