FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun smackdown (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pun smackdown
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know I'm not twinned, mutated or otherwise associated with Bob. I just felt that perhaps I had overstepped the bounds of decorum for this site although it wasn't below me to place a pun in my apology. I'd like to be found fit to survive here.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
That was pretty descent. I'd also like to point out that we're now crossed over to the next page. I expect a lot of fertile discussion from here on in.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Perhaps my lack of breeding lead to my poor post.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
One more like that, and we'll have to put you in a cell.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Or perhaps flogged with di staff.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I don't know whether to question punwit or try to outdo him. It's the classic dilemma: polymerase.
punwit
Member # 6388

What's your question? I know I'm not strictly adhering to the evolution theme, sorta sideways to it, but fire away.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Gah!!! I was setting up the last pun!!!!

Poll him or race...

Gah!

punwit
Member # 6388

Bob, I'm new so forgive me if I messed things up. I'm not sure what poll him or race means. Once again sorry.
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Down to two participants only? Looks like the herd has thinned out quite a bit.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
No,no, the thread is not endangered, not to worry. I was just eating dinner. Unfortunately, I burned the sauce, and extinct.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Pow, hand to forehead, duh. Poll him or race polymerace. Jeesh I'm slow.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

punwit...I was going "GAH" because my pun failed, not because you didn't get it.

Polymerase -- poll him or race... Weak, I know.

It's anaphase I'm going through...
Can't we just mend-el our division?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I not going to actually compete, but polymerase is probably in the lead for the biggest stretch of a pun...

I'm not announcing the winners yet, but we're running out of time if someone truly wants to beat some of the earlier entries. I'm still laughing over some of them...

[Big Grin]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, crap! I hope you are not going to charge a taxonomy for being a contestant! That would be bloomin' predatory!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Elizabeth, I just read your last post. I just finished dinner and I'm stuffed so my laughter is muted
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to join this common descent into chaos.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm beginning to suspect I haven't mounted a sufficient opposition
punwit
Member # 6388

There is a tax Oh dear me!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Our cousin Jen is very rude. We are trying to teach our Jen etiquette, but she is such a parasite!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

You all just flora me. I'm fauna all over you. Eukaryon much more like this and I'll know we're just going to helix in a handbasket.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The boss says to his new secretary, “Take these papers and phylum.” As she leaves he Scopes her out. Meanwhile, the mail boy from Port-Au-Prince can’t say anything – he’s a mutation. But he’s polite and helps the secretary put her codon before she goes outside in the cold.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag,
It has been eons since we've heard from you!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I am going dormant for the night. I can't wait to see what dna says about this thread, Bob. You should make sure to please your mate.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel we've hit a lull. Can someone please punctuate this equilibrium?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honk if you.........
Member # 6412

- posted      Profile for Honk if you.........           Edit/Delete Post 
are going for the obscure-

Day One
Bang – Asteroid
Bad Day For Big Lizards
Mammals rule the Earth
Adam shares the apple
Eve screams like a banshee in birth

Scopes vs Newdow
Monkey vs Earth

A Blink

Mitosis, mitosis, where for art thou mitosis

*Hiyagfto*

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Uh, Bob? It is way past midnight. The contestants are waiting...
My sister is so clumsy. She stepped on my toe, and I yelled: "That was my toe, Sis!!!"

vwiggin
Member # 926

[Laugh] Liz
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Just fyi, the judges are locked in deliberations and cannot be disturbed.

Look for final tallies sometime later this evening.

jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
(you probably set this up on purpose, but here goes)

This evening! I can't wait that long to find out who's gone Dar-win!

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No! Don't reward his procrastination with more puns!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
@#$@#$$ JEff, I wanted to be Darwin-er, but you stole the pun out from under me. Mytosis going to be lodged upside your head for that theft.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

people are coming and going into this thread like crazy. It's like there's an evolving door or something.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Evolving door? Did it start as a window and evolve into a door? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

If Bob erases the title of this thread, that will be the ultimate pun without words.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Or the punultimate one.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

You can't get away with delaying the results with impunity.
vwiggin
Member # 926

Yeah! Denying us the fruits of our labor flies in the face of the competition.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The genesis of this decision takes some time to evolve, about 6 days, and one to rest, but it seems to go on for eons.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Or it could be completely spontaneous.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, maybe Bob is just too domesticated now to handle all this.
vwiggin
Member # 926

Woo... that's worth TWO smackdown points in my book. [Smile]

Domesticated, like doing husbandry duties?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, perhaps, but I hope Dana doesn't select his tasks artificially.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Hmmm, makes you wonder what "locked in deliberations" actually means, doesn't it?
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has evolved nicely since its creation. [Smile]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Actually, I think there are some on this thread who have shown poor breeding.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I guarantee this one will make you laugh jurassic off.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, AfR, get a half-life!
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't pick on AFR. He has a radium personality.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, his behavior adapts well to many situations. I think he will survive the fit test.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.