FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Angel-- Last 6 Episodes! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Angel-- Last 6 Episodes!
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck happened to Fred?

Why is everyone so down on themselves?

????

The last episode I saw was the one where Cordelia came back to life, and at the end of the episode, died. And we discover that she'd never been really 'alive' the whole time.

I come back last night, there's a chic with blue hair hanging around, Fred's gone, Gunn's in the hospital with. . . guilt about something to do with Fred, and Angel and Spike are all chummy.

Che?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
in short gun acidentally let an ancient spirit enter fred's body and the spirit thing ate fred's soul and took over her body(ie. the purple smurf thing). angel and spike found a way to save her but they didn't because it would kill thousands of people. Weasly had fallen in love with fred before she died.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
To flesh that out a bit:

1. Gunn signed an order to bring the relic that caused Fred's transformation in to the country [and thus Wolfram & Hart]. He did this because he wanted to make his brain permanently juiced up.

2. Westley stabbed Gunn.

3. Angel and Spike are all chummy because, well, they've been fighting together a lot and that makes Spike happy and Spike discovered he likes everybody [esp. Fred] more than he thought and wants to be a hero. Angel tolerates him because his ranks are getting thin and it turns out the whatever-it's-called prophecy probably is about him and not Spike -- his doubts about it were caused by Lindsey's machinations.

4. There's a big {supposedly THE big] apocalypse coming.

But mainly everybody is really depressed about Fred.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and the new liasion dresses really well.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
And Adam baldwin is on the show, which makes me happy.
And connor's back, which is weird.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Adam baldwin is on the show, which makes me happy.
I knew I had seen that new liason somewhere.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I was wondering, why did the liason kill a security gaurd of his new employer for no apparant reason? I mean if he now works there he should just show the security gaurd his papers, why the f*** did he punch him through the chest?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I never did see a shelf down in the cellar that had light bulbs on it.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Q guys, what ever happend to that blond guy who was going out with Cordelia? The one with the pure black eyes who talked kindof like Teal'c on Stargate, he was around for the Conor thing, I loved him! What happened to him?
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Gru? The dude from Pylea who was half demon? Yeah, he was cool, but he was there just for Cordelia, when he realized she didn't have feelings for him, he just went home.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
because no one else did...*****SPOILERS*****

Actually, Groo (a.k.a. the Groosalag) just left. The story didn't say he went home to Pylea. The story seemed a bit more concerned with Cordelia finding out she was in love with Angel, and then deciding to tell him, then getting told by Skip that she could become a higher being so she gets taken up before she can tell Angel, and then Connor locks Angel in a box and drops him in the ocean for 3 months as the season finale.

Here's the part I missed and I need to find. I'm guessing Cordy got kicked off the higher plane and given amnesia 'cuz she caused the jackpot that freed Angel when he was in Vegas. But I think I've missed the part where Cordy became taken over by evil and then plots to give birth to Jasmine and steal Angel's soul, etc. My question is when did she become possessed by evil? Was it before she slept with Connor? So then did she get possessed by evil when the huge demon unstoppable horned thing came out of the ground where Connor was born and grabbed her by the throat? Maybe I need to find an online episode guide...

[ April 24, 2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like the weirdest show.

And not necessarily in a good way.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
***SPOILERS (kind of)***

I think the poccession was while she was a higher power, but I have no idea how I came up with that thought.

[ April 16, 2004, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

So does Connor know. . . or not?

I vote that he does.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I think he does too.

So does anyone know why the new liason killed the security gaurd?

MEC [Sleep]

[ April 24, 2004, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote "he knows" too.

He'd have to, since it was obvious he was close enough to the shattered thingie that gave access to memories of the unaltered reality. That explains why he was suddenly able to dispatch the demon who was wiping the floor with him.

I think we were supposed to think that Connor made a choice at the end to embrace the gift of the new reality that Angel had given him. And his one oblique comment about "taking care of family" as something his father taught him was a way of letting Angel know.

I'll bet if there had been another season of Angel that wouldn't have been the end of it, though. Joss Wheedon hates to have people stay happy for very long (how long did Wesley and Fred get?). Probably by next season, we would have seen a tormented and torn Connor coming back, trying to come to grips with his two incompatible realities - since the changes wrought were far greater on him than anyone else.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Connor and Buffy hook up. . . at the end of last season, Connor's adopted family said that he was going to spend some time in Russia, and Buffy is over in Europe, so . ..

That'd be too cheesy.

Connor steals TWO girls from Papa Vamp.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well THAT was interesting. (note timestamp)
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack!

Um.

ACK!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaargh! Next week! Oh lord! I can't take this anymore.

I am really going to miss this show.

*heavy sigh*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Well THAT was interesting. (note timestamp)
(9:33 pm) - yep. Remember it well. This is how the conversation went at my house at the commercial break:

Me: Well, I guess it's all over now.
Diane: How are they going to do 4 more episodes?
Me: Well, I'm wondering how they're going to fill up 25 minutes more of showtime.

[Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think the poccession was while she was a higher power, but I have no idea how I came up with that thought.

Yeah, it was. They said it at some point. I think that was the reason the demons wanted her to became a higher power. Some grandoise demon plan or something. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I'd have a lot of respect for him if he ended like that, halfway through the 4th to last episode. Teach WB to cancel him!

Dagonee

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
poor joss. he just can't win with anything lately. I wish ONE of his shows was going to stay on tv.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Did more happen? I changed channels after all that happened.
Scott R
Member # 567

In my understanding, WB didn't notify Joss & Co. that they were cancelling Angel until after this season's episodes had all been filmed.

So, while we'll get a season finale, it probably won't be on the scale of Buffy's series finale.

MEC
Member # 2968

I was wondering why they didn't free that one guy buy putting the necklace on the torturer, I just assumed they didn't because it was against the rules or something.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I assumed it wouldn't work because he's already in the dimension. But if he was entering before and exiting after each session, it makes sense.

Dagonee

sndrake
Member # 4941

Well, maybe the explanation for their failure to try that out boils down to something Cordelia said two seasons ago when arguing that they really needed to consult with Angelus:

"Evil is smarter"

The irony, of course, is that Cordelia was clandestinely evil at the time she said that.

And they bought it. [Wink]

[ April 29, 2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Illyria, someone who thought of herself as the source of all rules and power, would've thought of that. I mean, it is an elegant idea that comes from thinkin' outside the box.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I prefer Mel Brooks's way of putting it. "Evil will triumph because good is dumb."
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
It's really annoying that they've cancelled it. I caught an episode of one of the previous seasons the other day and it's not bad, actually really funny in places, dramatic in others. Everyone always told me it was just Buffy's lame twin.

Plus, who doesn't want to see more of Spike?

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Frankly, I think Spike might be the best example of character development in TV. He goes from being pretty much the most evil villain to being a hero, and every step is believable. No magic wand waving, no sudden revelation. Actual growth, with a few kicks along the way from U.S. Army technology.

Dagonee

zgator
Member # 3833

If only they could have skipped the part where he was always so whiny about Buffy.
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Only six more episodes?
[The Wave]
YES!!!

[Taunt]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Zgator: True, that was the only time his character seemed less than genuine.

Nick: That's a hangin' offense in some states!

Dagonee

sndrake
Member # 4941

Zgator,

maybe we're getting a peek into Wheedon's own personality - since all of Buffy's suitors turned whiny at some point or other.

Definitely prefer Spike in non-whiny mode.

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Although I have enjoyed Spike's development, I have recently come to the realization [after watching some of the earlier seasons] that the development of Gunn as a character has been quite remarkable. The way he has grown, made mistakes. And the way the mistakes of his past always haunt and impinge upon his present.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I agree, Zalmoxis. And Gunn's failures and redemptions have been much more human and murky. With Spike, it was pretty straightforward. Soul removed, gets muzzled, falls in love, decides to make with the moral opposite day [Wink]

With Gunn, though, he was always rationalizing things. Spike never had that problem, really. More shades of grey with Gunn.

zgator
Member # 3833

Anybody else remember Wesley Windham Price - Rogue Demon Hunter? I believe you could say Wesley was a study in character growth as well.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yeah, but Wesley went from buffoon (remember the scene where Giles is fencing with him while reading a book, and having no problem keeping Wesley at bay) to fairly bad-ass, with no stops along the way.

Dagonee

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Warning: This post has spoilers.

Most definitely. And I like Wes a lot.

But you know, his character development hasn't been as interesting to me because you kind of knew that he was going to become a bitter, brooding fellow. What's funny [and this is true of all the characters] is that he really hasn't changed all that much. Everything is still always about him and his sense of idealism as well as his own personal obsessions.

I don't know. On the one hand, I like the drama of Wes being put through the ringer. The whole kidnap Connor thing. The rescue Angel thing. And I thought the whole storyline with his relationship with Laila (splg?) was quite compelling. On the other hand, I think that the whole Wes transforms thing was a little overdramatized. Just a touch. And I'm not talking about *what* happens. I'm talking more about how the *what* was totally telegraphed and was brooded and lingered upon a little too much for my tastes.

One more thing about Gunn: I admit I was surprised by the whole lawyer thing. It made total sense afterwards -- he's always had concerns about being "only the muscle" -- something put in high relief by his relationship with Fred, etc. At first it was just kind of cool. Gunn in Armani, you know. But to see what they've done with it lately with the whole Ilyria storyline. Awesome. Him putting on that necklace had reverberations not just back to him signing those papers but all the way back through him doing the killing of the dude that sent Fred to the hell dimension and ultimately him having to kill his sister.

Wes is acting all moody and depressed at the loss of Fred. But Gunn has given up a lot more over the years. He had made some poor decisions. But he has also always paid for those decisions with full knowledge of the price of the payment.

EDIT: Just saw Dag's post. Yep, I agree, and you said it in a much more succint way.

[ April 29, 2004, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Zalmoxis ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Gotta admit though, I identify with the Wesley/Giles characters, since if I ever get to be a super hero it will be a brainy one, not a muscly one.

Dagonee

zgator
Member # 3833

As brainy as Giles is, he has his dark side.

I agree that Wes went to a serious character from a buffoon quickly, but it took a while for him to become the brooding guy that has no qualms about murder and torture.

MEC
Member # 2968

so was Illyria's line in the begining about the plants a reference to the alvin maker series?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Last night's episode was unneeded proof that Spike has the best dialog of any television character.

"You didn't save the world from Ecathala - Buffy killed you. And I helped her, so that one's mine, too."

But Angel has some good lines when he's not moping, too.

"Why's she attracted to some immortal shadowey figure who's half good, half evil anyway?"

Dagonee

MEC
Member # 2968

I thought it was something like "why is she attracted to a centeries old guy with an evil history and may or may not be on the side of evil?"?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Probably - it was last night. But it was still funny.

Dagonee

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

How much of a time gap was there between BtVS when Wesley left, and Angel when Wesley appeared? I think that the experiences and humiliation Wesley endured tend to make one crack or grow up real fast.

Still, he's not my favorite character, and Zalmoxis and Dagonee are right-his changes were largely predictable. And I think Gunn is more compelling, too-just much murkier and more human. Also, he didn't start out as a buffoon.

Last night's was funny, and I thought the Illyria / Fred switchoff was done pretty well on the part of the actress. Quite creepy.

And the convertible / moped chase scene was great. And has anyone ever seen the Immortal (Ricardo)? Or is he just always the better-at-everything nemesis?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Haven't even heard of him before. Did we get to see who played him?

Dagonee

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.