FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Angel-- Last 6 Episodes! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Angel-- Last 6 Episodes!
Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And yet the Shanshu prophecy was never what it was *really* all about. Sure, Angel would have liked to be fully human again. But his core motivation has always been redemption -- atoning for Angelus's bloody deeds.
I think, by then last episode, Angel's fight is no longer about redemption. He's moved past all selfish motives, and is fighting the good fight because it's the right thing to do.
Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Javert and Lupus:

Thanks, I forgot about that. I've only seen that episode once. Now things make more sense about how dark his and Fred's relationship became.

Jill:

Sure.

But to tease this out a little more -- I would argue that what brought him to this point was his need for redemption. And I don't see that need as a selfish thing. In fact, he's made it clear that doing good doesn't erase all the blood. Every good doesn't somehow make him incrementally a 'better' person or cancel out one of his murders. What it does do, however, is make a person's life better.

My point is that the prophecy gave him a selfish motive [and notice that it's origin is the vaults of Wolfram and Hart -- as dubious a source as there ever was] to be the champion. And it was an incentive that he had no problem signing away.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw the last episode of Angel again, and it really was very good. If they ever do a movie or miniseries, I hope they start it right where this left off.

Maybe have the slayers show up. Cheesy, but it'd be Buffy cheesy. [Smile]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I still wish that Wes had not died. I really liked that character
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Me too. And we don't know if Gunn will die or not.

I'd like to see a Watcher turned into a Vampire - he could really wreak havoc. Wesley would have been perfect. Now it will have to be Giles.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather see a Slayer turned Vampire....

I really don't know why they never did that on Buffy. It would be a horrible and terrifying fun-house mirror for Buffy to look into.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

If the slayer got vampire strength on top of slayer strength, that would be frightening.

But I've always liked vampires as controlling super villians, not just fighters. And either Giles or Wesley would be frighteningly good at that.

Or Witch Willow Vampire, but I don't see how they would beat her. [Smile]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Or the way she looked in that red leather! MeeeOW!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. My analysis rocks. Somebody should pay me for this stuff. [Big Grin] .
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished the last episode of Angel... I know, I know I am behind the times [Big Grin] . I would love to see a Spike/Illyria spin-off.
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, we have seen a...well, um, a Slayer Vampire--once. First season Buffy, in the episode where the little kid is causing nightmares to become real. Finding out that one of Buffy's nightmares is being buried alive, and that another is of being turned, gives new meaning to the events of season six. (First she wakes up in a grave; then she fears that she has come back "wrong"--and what, exactly, is the most common form of that in the Buffyverse?)
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee - you should go rewatch the series where Welsey has Justine locked up (series 3? 4? ).

It contains one of Wesley's meanest and greatest lines. Makes you shiver because he's being so crazy-evil.

"I'll take away your bucket"...

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I haven't seen that arc at all. I need to watch my DVDs sometime.
imogen
Member # 5485

Go! Watch! Relive the glorious days when Welsey was still alive!

(I cried in the last episode. Stupid tear-jerking misery-causing Joss. [Frown] )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the Wesley alienation story arc is probably my favorite part of Angel. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I've only caught the part where he actually takes Connor - nothing leading up to it - through Angel trying to smother him.
imogen
Member # 5485

This bit is after he takes Connor - I can't really tell you any more because of spoilerage.

You really really should watch it.

Just sayin'.

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought that Giles and Wes would make kick-ass vampires. They're both dangerous in that lure you in and make you trust them sort of way.

maybe that's what being a watcher is all about.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Mabus: What I meant was a season Big Bad being a former slayer now Vampire. And the fact that Buffy had dreamed it would make the situation all the more powerful.

Plus you could have the "You think you know what a slayer is.... You have no idea..." speech.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.