FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown X: Number my days (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown X: Number my days
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Numeric and measurement type puns.

I'm sure Elizabeth will provide the yardstick by which we are all measured.

However, as we inch our way into this topic, I would just like to say that this one is already turning out to be a tall order.

Oh, and remember, I am your ruler.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, it looks like increment weather!!!!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you responded fast to Elizabeth's prod. I've got to Hand it to you your reply was measured and quick. I'm sure I would have stuck my foot in my mouth if I'd tried to respond so quickly.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to put my foot in my mouth, but I understand we may be in for a mile evening.
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, we both posted the foot in mouth at the same time. As you were ahead, I'll give you credit.
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Way to Pound home the Foot in the mouth pun!
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I know it was probably just a matter of seconds. It was probably photo type finish.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Nah, J-Man, he just missed it by a nose.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

I gave you credit...it doesn't meter to me!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

We had some lizards, but their scales shrivelled up from too much heat. They had a scale factor of 0.
punwit
Member # 6388

Be furlong we'll be seeing multiple posters here addding their two cents.

[ July 06, 2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

I can't fathom the possibilities!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I have such bad back pain. It is a real acre. I wish he would survey drink, but quick!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

This really is a new angle you have, Bob.
punwit
Member # 6388

This is the perfect time to advocate a new society, The League of Extrodinary Punsters. I considered the League of Cunning Linguists but I felt that this had already been given much too much lip service.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

J-Man,
Your last post displays such a-plumb.

punwit
Member # 6388

double post.. sorry

[ July 06, 2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone here read Mark Twain? He was head and shoulder above the rest of his contemporaries.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

No, sadly, I never the twain shall meet.
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and remember, I am your ruler.
Well, Bob, I think of you as our "fearless litre."
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
These smackdowns get going so smoothly it almost seems like music. Maybe we could somehow log a rhythm to keep it going.
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

And we are his sycophantic quart?
sndrake
Member # 4941

Elizabeth seems to be out ahead of the pack right now. But not furlong...
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

naw quart jesters
punwit
Member # 6388

Okay, Who has the Stones to tell Bob that this topic lacks weight?
sndrake
Member # 4941

punwit, that was just plain mean. I think you're developing a bad altitude.
punwit
Member # 6388

That's knot true.
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
I height these petty arguments.
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

While the beleaguered fat lady was fitted for a dress, she sang an area to help with the work. Her volume was incredible. They could hear her out in the yard.

Edit to add: When she sang the musical scales, she shattered the windows.

[ July 06, 2004, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

punwit
Member # 6388

I remember playing basketball against my sister. She was a couple of years younger than me. Back in 1972 I was a lot taller than her. I was 11 and she was 9. I guess you could say we weren't Fahrenheit 9/11.
punwit
Member # 6388

I'll bet there are many punaphobiacs that find threads like this gross. If they only knew that to us this indicated 12 12's as opposed to disgusting.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Now wait just a tic! I don't mind a little small-minded humor at my expense, as long as it's measured and has a bit of poetry to it. I prefer a nice steady meter, you know.

But I must be missing the mark. I'm off on some tangent, I fear. Litreally. The puns are coming down by the bushelsful. I sure hope things peck up around here. Or we could play a nice game of dozens. We certain have a base twelve or so who'd be willing to weigh in.

I'd like to level the playing field, though. I think I would like to find someone who could help make these threads run better. Make him or her my coefficient.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
My aunt refuses to make pastry in round pans. Whenever pressed, she gets mad and yells, "Pie are square!"

The famous Admiral instituted his own version of the metric system, but it was rejected. Sadly, the Perry meter isn't around much any more.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I'd volunteer for the position but unfortunately my baker's dozen an I have to keep an eye on things for him while he catches forty winks.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The young gentleman was ignoring his sword lessons and doing his geometry homework. Finally the master yelled, "Sir! Come fence!"
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Dag... Hee, heee, hee. The perry meter isn't around anymore... I love it.
punwit
Member # 6388

You may ask, "Watt's goin on?" My reply may re volt you but juice asked for it. This topic needs some light shed on it.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

My favorite cartoon is Kelvin and Hogshead. It's the absolute best.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Ouch, punwit. That hertz!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I wonder if any new advancements in lighting technology are lumen on the horizon?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The cockney electrician to his boss: "I'm goin' ohm now."
punwit
Member # 6388

Did his boss offer any resistance to this declaration?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

He knew he had to leave before the boss could resist, so he just volted.
punwit
Member # 6388

Ohm, I'm tellin.
punwit
Member # 6388

Well I think I'm gonna call it a night. As my Gram useta say, "Balance in everything, Pun."
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ordinally I would avoid these threads, but I was wonderin' where the hectare all the puns?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

You wouldn't know a pun if it bit you in the compass.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I take it from your protracted silence you recognize our mass pun superiority.
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

Acute girl asked me out the other night, but with my wife Poly gon I didn't feel like cheating on her.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Alright, off to bed. Just want to tell about the fisherman who was studying up on his trigonometry. He was an angler, after all.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.