FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown X: Number my days (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown X: Number my days
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
You're awfully combative, Dag. Parsecutorial, almost. Perhaps you were thinking, "Ah, Moose, I think cubit off more than you can chew." Well, it's been a light year for my puns, so I guess you clocked me, and I'm down for the count.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Jalapenoman, that was the right thing to do.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he was being kind of obtuse....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

But that was just a reflex response.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Papa, the magnetude of your puns gauss ever higher. That was a faraday's work. I hope I didn't cause you to feel angstrom.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I'm going back to playing my video game. It's the 5th level of the arborist mode Yes, I'm up to the Sim E Tree.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Just for-t'night. By tomorrow I'll feel tons better.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The man surveying the field had to swerve to avoid hitting a kid who got in his ATV's way. This messed up his measurement; he had to spoil the rod to spare the child.

Edit: that would have worked a lot better with a horse-racing theme, wouldn't it. I hate a spoiled pun!

[ July 06, 2004, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I once herd that "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him [sic]"

- Johnson

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is getting a little slow, so I think I'll log off and turn on my radius. Maybe they'll play a song Nine Inch Nails or The Rolling Stones. If they do, I'll be sure to turn up the volume. I'd jam out with my air guitar, but I can't find my guitar pica.
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Nano, this thread needs a little sum-thing.

I have a friend named Millie. You should meter.

*psiiigh* The pressure is really getting to me.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here like pi? My favorite is key lime. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am feeling all godly inside. I think it is my interior angels.

Man, I have these leftover sweets I need to get rid of. Pie, Dag? Or Ian? Theo or Em might like some, too.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been trying to break down this thread to it's seperate components but parse/sec computations are way beyond me. It is also confusing because I have two timepieces here, one on the left and one on the right. They are showing wildly conflicting times and I'm not sure which sidereal time is on.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ordinally I would avoid these threads, but I was wonderin' where the hectare all the puns?
I have to agree. Most of these have only been 2/3 of a pun (P-U), at best. Sumone should really audit this thread to make sure the puns are up to snuff.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Watt is so bad about this thread? I am embracing it, while you are keeping it at arm's length.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I must be getting slow in my old age. I can't quart understand most of these puns.

But that's okay. I'm still happy because last week I had a gallon my knee.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob, it does appear that your potential energy is decreasing. Maybe it is time for you to move north to Kineticut.
punwit
Member # 6388

Puns are fun and silly, a way to relieve tension and exercise your mind in a relaxed manor. I would like to posit that puns can also be serious. In much the same way that comedians highlight contemporary issues. I think some of you dismiss the specific gravity of many puns.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Punwit, I cannot believe how many Boy Scout groups there are in Milwaukee! I hear they call it Den City. They can only handle them one at atom.
rivka
Member # 4859

punwit, would that be the intensity of the density?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Eek!]

[Angst]

[Blushing]

I'm a pun-killer!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Not by a long shot.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Rivka, I can't accept the notion of you as a killer of anything and besides aren't you from the state that is known for it's liberals and tree huggers and so forth, Calipernia?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

That was a stretch. Almost out of reach... I guess he taut you a lesson.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Actually rivka, I think you've just become another statistic.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I love Rivka. I can't wait to meter.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I hear she ranks right up there.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am planning on going to the driving range with her, but only after I get the lawn mode. We will be median for the first time. But Bob, do you 'ave 'er age?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well...I don't, but Dana sized her up. I couldn't make it so Dana was centimeter.

I've heard that rivka is quite popular. In fact people would kilometer.

[ July 08, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Eeek, if they killed to meet her, they might be arrested. If I have to go to quartile be really upset!
rivka
Member # 4859

[Eek!]

Elizabeth wants to take a long stick to me, and Bob thinks I smell?!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I know. It is not a full life at all, but more like a half-life.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Bah! This is getting two parseinal. It's the standard deviation we go through in these threads.

I'm going to go play my percussion instrument. It's made out of a felled tree. Yea, I really like my log o' rhythm.

[ July 09, 2004, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe sum day I'll sine up for music lessons.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Maybe I'll cosine with you, to make sure you don't go off on a tangent.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I don't know. Sounds like a slippery slope to me. Why-intercept him, Dag? I think he is is a best fit for this line of work.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was at the Ak-ADD-amy, I went to a Poli-Sci/Math Deptarment Dance. We all had that terrible Al Gore Rhythm. I Inched up to this cute woman, hoping to Meter, since I was Foot-loose and fancy free. She cut me down to size, left me ego-less. She added I was short, heavy, and incalcuably wrong.

I left, running into the night. That got me into long distance running. I enjoyed it far more than the young lady at the dance. I have often been quoted as saying, "A Mile is as good as a Ms."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

Hmmm. Trading a femme for a furlong? Doesn't seem to measure up two me. One any marathons lately as a result of your newfound passion?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

When Noah's wife asked him how he wanted his cheese, he said, "Just cubit."
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Are you kidding? What woman measures up?

Women--Oh. What are they good 4?

Absolutely 0

1 asks 1's self, "What are they 4?". 2 be sure there are some uses.

We couldn't multipy without them, and that is a plus. 6 i7. (Have fun translating that).

W8, i5 insulted any member of the fairer 6, I in-10d 2 apoligize.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hmm. Come on, gals, it is time to divide and conquer!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

We could hang the Drakester on a grid, and draw and quarter him.
punwit
Member # 6388

Elizabeth, Dan Raven is the numerologist you are wishing to divide up. Steverino aka Drakester alias sndrake has been wholey inno cent of any Ms counting of the fairer sex.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Punwit--Shhhh.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ahhh!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hey, he was close. But close only counts in horseshoes and perimarital sex.

[Razz]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ok, let's not quarrel here. We do not want anyone murdered. So, brace yourselves for a pack of fun times. People are going to be flocking to this thread. It might end up to be a whole new colony. I just hope Bob will knot bale out this time. We need his good yokes.
punwit
Member # 6388

I herd that!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

We could use a tree to string him up, but I think a bush'l do. We can keep the birds from pecking out his i's. If that doesn't work, we'll put him in a guage. There is a degree of risk, Drakester, but I think joule be fine.

[ July 11, 2004, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.