FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Question to the women, about musical men. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Question to the women, about musical men.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remembered this thread and was wondering what women thought about drummers?
Do you know how you can tell the stage is level? Drool is coming out of both sides of the drummer's mouth. [Big Grin]

Kidding! Sorry! I couldn't resist!

Seriously, as long as you're passionate about it for itself (and not for the chicks it might attract), then it's probably at least a mildly attractive trait.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I personally have no opinion on drummers, but my friend has this theory that fits in with the rest of the thread. She said that if someone is really into the music, they can project their liking of the music onto the artist themselves.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I think I'm attracted to musicians because they have good rhythm which means they can likely dance (at least mostly) on the beat. Being a dancer and musician myself, it drives me *crazy* dancing with unrhythmical people at ceilidhs or dances or wherever. Drummers would logically seem to be my first choice musicians then, although thinking about it and trying to choose, I think jazz musicians are really the most attractive. Something about that whole improv business, y'know. Hmmmm. So a jazz drummer then, is what I need...
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that a lot of these things reinforce each other. ElJay mentioned the physical reaction (or at least alluded to it) that happens sometimes, but she also referred to the musicians she saw as holding the audience in their hands....which is a confidence thing as well. Showmanship and confidence play a part as well, I think.

In order to be a good musician, good rhythm is key...and rhythm is important to MANY things, dontcha think? [Evil]

On a less physical plane, there are a lot of things that seem to either be true about most people who play, or appear to be true to most people . Musicians seem to be more in touch with the "touchy feely" side of things, and are confident enough to play in public...even if it happens most in large groups.

Ans a lot of women are interested in music, so that gives the men something to talk about that the women actually like to hear about. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.