FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 0)

This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  129  130  131   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
mine
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Thine
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I think a bot might win this thread.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Monkeys]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

quote:
Originally posted by docmagik:
I think a bot might win this thread.

Not on my watch!
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Wouldn't a bot have to be pretty small to fit on your watch? [Wink]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Yes, that's why it's in my top hat.
When it's needed, it rises up like Airwolf out of the secret cave. I even modified it to include the appropriate sound effects.
My watch is actually just a communicator. While it can fly around on its own and, of course, make snarky comments, it is useful to be able to give it direct orders every once in a while.

Derrell
Member # 6062

[Hail]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Last post is mine
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Last post is mine
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

'Fraid not
Derrell
Member # 6062

[Wave]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

>:U
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Fûke
sarangpaul9
Member # 14721

- posted      Profile for sarangpaul9   Email sarangpaul9         Edit/Delete Post 
how did Bob's post count go from 15,996 to...some number a lot lower than that? teatv e sadhana

[ July 30, 2021, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: sarangpaul9 ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

[Dont Know]
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Maybe some threads have been deleted and the posts in those threads are subtracted from the total?
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Or skynet went back and retroactively erased them.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Must have been some pretty important posts to take the risk of messing with the time stream.
Derrell
Member # 6062

What year is it? [Dont Know]
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

MMXXI
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
The final countdown
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Derrell
Member # 6062

I'll miss this place. [Frown]
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Same. [Frown]
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
Make a joke then.
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk.2
Member # 14746

- posted      Profile for vonk.2   Email vonk.2         Edit/Delete Post 
Who will be the winner? Who will have the actual very last post? Only time will tell. Stay tuned to find out!

(I'm very glad this thread is still here over 15 years later. Makes my withered heart smile.)

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

quote:
Originally posted by hawser:
Make a joke then.

Why doesn't a chicken wear pants? Because its pecker is on its head.
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by vonk.2:
Who will be the winner? Who will have the actual very last post? Only time will tell. Stay tuned to find out!

(I'm very glad this thread is still here over 15 years later. Makes my withered heart smile.)

I think at this point Mr Y has an uncatchable lead. I haven't counted since earlier this year, but even at that point I think he had enough of a lead that Derrell couldn't have caught up even if he had the last post every seconds since then.

Assuming there aren't any bugs. This script is pretty old and I haven't really looked at it in years.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk.2
Member # 14746

- posted      Profile for vonk.2   Email vonk.2         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, I don't understand. How can one have a lead in the last post thread? The only way to win is to be the one that makes the last post, neh? This thread is paradoxical in nature.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

quote:
Originally posted by vonk.2:
I'm sorry, I don't understand. How can one have a lead in the last post thread? The only way to win is to be the one that makes the last post, neh? This thread is paradoxical in nature.

Another way of looking at it is who has had the last post in this thread for the longest period of time. That said, I am going to try to have the actual last post.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Good luck.
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Another way of looking at it is who has had the last post in this thread for the longest period of time. That said, I am going to try to have the actual last post.
A perspective I hadn't considered. Always welcome! Good luck to all!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Odds? What about the evens?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

You'll have to ask steven.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
may the evens be ever with the stevens?
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

I've fallen out of favor with steven.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Sorry to hear that.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

With time and effort, I'm sure the situation can be changed for the better.
Jarhead
Member # 11631

- posted      Profile for Jarhead           Edit/Delete Post 
Mine, for the first, and possibly last time.
Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

What does the seagull say?
Marek
Member # 5404

this fish is under cooked?
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

For probably the last time ever, here is the mostly final leaderboard.

Mr Y won handily with just under four and a half years, while Derrell's two and a half gave him a solid second.

Stone Wolf took third, followed by me in the closest span of the leaderboard, separated by only 29 days. After that Marek rounds off fifth place with just over a year.

It's been fun playing with you all. Thank you everyone for giving me a reason to keep coming back to a mostly dead forum that was always a fond memory.

For what may well be the last time ever... I now have the last post.

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Thank you for the update. [Smile]
Derrell
Member # 6062

two and a half years? [Eek!]
Marek
Member # 5404

[Blushing] I can't believe i made the chart at all [Hat]
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Well done, everybody. [Smile]
ricree101
Member # 7749

It was a fun contest.
  This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  129  130  131   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.