FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 129)

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
Selene
Member # 14471

- posted      Profile for Selene           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have wondered how someone could say something so silly and yet you might still remember and laugh about it.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Scott!

ETA: I am not against the proposal to bar new members, since most of them seem to be spambots. I guess it all comes down to how much time it takes JanitorBlade to deal with each instance and weighed against the accessibility of the forum.

Posts: 1040 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truth be told, I couldn't tell you when the last time a real new member has shown up. Looking at the other side, the only one I see is a 2019 account that made a single post and hasn't been back since (but it does very much appear a legitimate post).

Overall doesn't seem worth it, but I'm on the side of whichever action is least likely to actually kill the forum.

Posts: 2421 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed.
Posts: 1040 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Granted, this forum is basically just us being stubborn about this thread, so it's mostly nostalgia being lost.
Posts: 2421 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Sounds like a good title for a book: Nostalgia Lost.
ricree101
Member # 7749

Well, there's also "The Mirror is the Fall", but I never know what's going on with that thing anyway.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Yeah, it tends to be rather inscrutable at times.
ricree101
Member # 7749

Still. Content is content.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

I am pretty content. How about you?
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Monkeys]
Posts: 4548 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

It's just hearsay that I can't see anything.
ricree101
Member # 7749

but is it hearsee if you can't say anything?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

**mumble mumble** [thinks to himself: 'I would like to confirm, but I can't say anything']
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Hat]
Posts: 4548 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Samtsirhc Yrrem.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Feliz Navidad
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

negadtsreK enjiF
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry everything & happy always.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Merry Brandybuck & Happy Gilmore
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glešileg jól
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Oh wow. Welcome back you.

Hope all has been well.

Derrell
Member # 6062

[Hail] Welcome back.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Welcome back. [The Wave]
ricree101
Member # 7749

Insert expected political venting here
Derrell
Member # 6062

Can't we all just get along?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Things might have to get worse, but they will get better eventually.
Unmaker
Member # 1641

- posted      Profile for Unmaker   Email Unmaker         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just poking my head in to see what's up on this site.
Posts: 1144 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same! I check in every couple of years
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bunch of us are still around, in "other places". Nice to see a little bit of activity here recently though.
Posts: 7006 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Is 'Rice Wine River' still active?
ricree101
Member # 7749

No, but the site was migrated elsewhere.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, hit me up if you'd like directions to the new place.
Posts: 37434 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Also, that other site has directions to the new place provided you can still log in.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Actually, I was never a member of that other site. Just curious.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.