FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » D&D game, anyone? (let's try again) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: D&D game, anyone? (let's try again)
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I received your e-mail, Shan.

About the AIM thing: don't worry. We have no idea yet if the time schedule would work for us playing by chat. Play by e-mail games are easier because of this: people can play each in their own time table (although yes...it takes longer to solve stuff. Combat can be a little boggy).

Come over to the mailing list. As soon as everybody is out there, we can start discussing things like that.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Okey-dokey!

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Alcon, what do you say? Do you want in, or do you want to lurk?

They have some magic for back-up proposes, but they need a magic-user of some flavor.

I am willing to try it, but if you are comefortable with the magic system and playing a magic-user for them I would be cool with lurking...as long as I get dibs on playing in the next one.... [Big Grin]

But if I don't hear from you by tonight, I am assuming I am playing, and will roll a character up with Eduardo as soon as feasable.

I have an idea for a background too, but it is just an idea at this point.

Let me know ASAP please...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I think eduardo said he was gonna be around tonight to roll characters with people.

I'm about to finish up my character and send it to him. Woohoo!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I sent my character sheet to Eduardo just now.

Let's get moving!

Errrr....yeah

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on AIM right now.
My Screen Name is EduSauron

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love in Kwea, if you're really willing to give up your spot... my e-mail (the one I check most often) is gird_mumer@yahoo.com. I didn't get that invitation to join the mailling list Eduardo... and my aim is truealcon
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Okay, I just got a gander at what the characteristics sheet look like nowadays and I need to lurk and learn. I recognized the first 8 - and I don't want to slow folks down. I suppose that's what I get for dropping out of life in the late 80's . . . Alcon, unless Eduardo has other ideas, take my spot, and I am going to electronically hover over shoulders and try to get up to speed.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan, take a peek at the free SRD documents - most of it is intuitive and not really all that complicated.

Each attribute has a bonus calculated as (stat/2) -5. Round down to the nearest whole number.

19-18: +4
17-16: +3
15-14: +2
etc.

So, an 18 gets a +4 bonus. All melee attacks receive a +4 str bonus to damage.

Any skill based on Strength will also receive a +4 bonus in addition to any skill points you've already spent on that skill.

-Trevor

Edit: To include the examples

[ September 12, 2004, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, Shan dropped, bu will lurk, so Alcon adn I are both in.

Now, waht class to play....hmmmm...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

This piece of paper I have in front of me says that you already chose, Kwea (after a grueling decision-making process) [Wink]
Kwea
Member # 2199

I did take far too long at it, but I warned all of you....it wasn't the decisions that were hard, it was the fact that I don't know what half of this stuff is! It is a lot different than the 2 nd edition D&D that I played 20 years ago.

I found it very funny that I rememebered as much as I did. I could still list all the major attributes, and remembered most of the hit dice and damage dice for most weapons.

But I have never even seen a skill list, or had to worry about feats.

Sorry.

Playability is probably about the same as it was, so it won't take any longer than usual...at least I hope not. [Big Grin]

So I now have a Ranger, who MAY multiclass as a rogue later on. My stats are OK....not real good, but not the worse character I have ever played.

I will work on my background later tonight, once I get back to my house and my own computer.

Kwea

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, do you think that you'll be taking saxon75 up on his offer to host an archive of your game? I'd love to lurk, but I'm a little bit reluctant to join the necessary yahoo group. When you added me to the group last time, I got a pretty steady stream of spam as a result. I'd love to see your DM style.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I really don't know Noemon...maybe.

But the thing is...maybe we'll end up using chat together with e-mail.

I intend to copy chat logs and post them to the yahoo mailing list, so everybody would have it.

But how will I redirect to Saxon all e-mails sent to the mailing list? [Dont Know]

Saxon?

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you could put me on the list, but I'm not really in the mood for more spam than I already get. What would be better is if you could just gather each day's email traffic into a text file and send that to me, and I will post it.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Do I send it to the e-mail in your profile, Saxon?
saxon75
Member # 4589

Indeed.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Ok, than.

Noemon, It is set. I'll send the e-mails and chat logs to Saxon, and you (and everybody who wants to) may read.

Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to join in but I'm a 2nd edition player and haven't really even looked at 3rd edition. I usually (oh heck) always play thief characters and would enjoy that again. I also have never played email D&D.

Let me know if I'm eligible.

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

We are all full, but you can lurk and learn...

I have never played edition 3 either, and I haven't played any D&D since...well, so almost 20 years...lol...

Check out the link above, it is the whole new edition of rules, posted in open format for anyone interested. Also, we will be posting the game for people to watch.

We could use a Rogue for the next time, I am sure.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Jess N
Member # 6744

Thanks...I will probably lurk and learn! It's what I'm good at. [Big Grin]
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Kwea is right! [Hat]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Calling KoM....where are you, man...Eduardo is waiting on you, as we are pretty much done with character generation.

Is your AIM still down? Or did something come up?

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Human, already emailed your character sheet.
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
dammit... the curse of having to get offline at 5pm.... I SOOOOOOO wanted to be a wood elf... but NOOOO.. these people don't LIKE comedy relief.
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I'm in the process of brewing up a game of my own. The world creation is coming along more slowly than I'd like, but I hope to be ready to run a game by sometime in November. Assuming that I succeed in getting it ready, and that Mike is willing, I'll be running it via a sakeriver mailing list, with archives posted over there as well. It will be open to most character classes, although possibly not bards. I've never really cared for bards.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

hehehe

The Iron Kindoms' elves do not lent themselves easily to comedy relief.

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Noemon, save me a spot, will ya? [Big Grin]
Noemon
Member # 1115

By the way, Eduardo, thanks for having Sakeriver store the archives.

If you're interested, Mike has a pretty good online character sheet over there that does some of the calculations and such for you. He's working on some other tools as well.

The stuff is hidden though--he doesn't want the world to know that he's a geek. I'll dig around and find you a link if you're interested.

Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah but wood elves are so HILARIOUS!!!!

Dwarf: DEAR GOD, D'MITRY! DO NOT GO NEAR THAT! I SEE A TRAP!

Wood elf: What.. this? *poke* AAAAGH!

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Actually, Eduardo, I was hoping that you'd submit a character! Glad to hear that you will be.
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Thanks!
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ya know what an elf is, right?

An "Expendable Life Form."

The proverbial self-replenishing ten foot pole, which no adventurer should be without.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
Assuming that I succeed in getting it ready, and that Mike is willing, I'll be running it via a sakeriver mailing list, with archives posted over there as well.
Of course I'm willing, you big lug. [Razz]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

TMedina: I see some jokes know no national boudaries. [Wink]
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
This just had to happen during my away time due to Frances. Heh, I'm in if there ain't enough people or some drop, ES.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Rakeesh...if you (or anyone) want to enter our mailing list just to read the e-mails and wait for a spot, that's ok. Just send me your e-mail address (mine is in my profile).
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, I'd like to be a lurker. I just sent you an email. This sounds like it's going to be an interesting game.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Paging King of all Men....paiging....

[Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Eduardo, what is the deal tonight? Did you get in touch with KoM?

I will be on tonight starting about 9 pm, so I can spend asome time with my wife before she goes to bed.

Kwea

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I still exist, and my ISP seems to have much improved my connection after I spoke to them on the phone. I am now getting web pages nine out of ten, instead of one of five. I'm online right now.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Very cool....we were waiting for you, but we knew you were having problems with your connection.

Hope you get it up and running for tonight.

Kwea

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on AIM, but no-one else seems to be. Is there a chat room I should be going to? Or am I too early?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OMW....
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK guys, KoM and I are on AOL now....see you there!
Jess N
Member # 6744

Trevor! Expendible? I always thought dwarves were the expedible creatures...go figure...

[Smile]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Jess - it's in the name.

Expendable
Life
Form

Elf, for short. [Big Grin]

And, if Tolkien is to be believed, a handy source for peroxide.

-Trevor

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

[Roll Eyes]

Well...to tell you the truth...

[ROFL]

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
It's an election year, ES. Truth is so . . . gauche.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Sorry, but writting "To tell you what you want to listen so you'll vote for me" didn't have the same appeal, Scott. [Wink]

But I like gauche. I've been called worst. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.