FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » D&D game, anyone? (let's try again) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: D&D game, anyone? (let's try again)
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Paladin.
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
The 10/1 update is now up. Sorry for the delay.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again, saxon75..

Now eveyone can see me almost die... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Guys, if you have any role-playing to finish up with Ed, please do so...

Rath can't wake up until the current conversations are completed, and I wanted to role-paly a bit to get it out of the way on Yahoo.

That way we don't have to waste any more time than necessary in Chart this week. A lot od the set-up can be done on Yahoo, if things can be set up that way...

See you all on Tuesday night!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, good going,Tec...way to stir things up a bit...

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Game today (tuesday) at 9:00 PM (CST).

Be there, guys.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah...I get to DO something....finally!

Kwea

prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Tec's blowout has now been erased from the events.

I guess I have to go back to being silent. ::sigh::

[Big Grin]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I'll be there about 10:10...I have to make my wife dinner...

She just got home from working two jobs today, and her back hurts.

See you all in a bit..

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't he sweet, people? [Evil]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Come on Ed...we are the only ones who read this...aren't we?

[Eek!]

OK, now I am a level two....talker!

Cause with Ed DMing, that is all I got to do tonight.... [Evil]

It has been a pretty good campaign, although a lot has changed since i gamed last...I like the new d20 rules, though. Once I get use to the feats and all, it seems pretty cool...

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Man, you'll have so much hack n' slash that you will remember the "talking sessions" as the "good ol' days". [Evil Laugh]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Last night chat log was posted to the e-mail list, guys.

[ October 06, 2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Promises, promises....

I want to be AT LEAST level 6 by the end of this adventure.... [Taunt]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Don't hope too much, will ya?

The first adventure is designed to bring characters from 1st to 3rd level.

The second, from 3rd to 5th.

The third, from 5th to 7th.

After that, IF we're still playing, I'll probably use my own plot devices.

By the way. People! Game today, 9:00 PM (CST).

Kwea
Member # 2199

I was kidding, Ed...although I am disapointed to hear that I have already progressed one third of my total projected levels already....lol...

Actually, half...we start at level one...haha.

See you tonight.

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Come on Gird! We are all here!

Kwea

Wait...Riia is here still...

nevermind.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

[ October 07, 2004, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Last night's chat is already online, folks!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Game today, guys. 21:00 (CST)

I'll be waiting! [Wave]

Kwea
Member # 2199

I'll be there!
Kwea
Member # 2199

Ed...where are you?
Kwea
Member # 2199

Ed, we waited around until alost 11 pm EST, but you weren't here....so we decided on Thursday night again.

I Guess I won't be going to that tournament any thime soon, huh?

I hope all is well with you...let us know, OK?

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

As I explained in my e-mail to the yahoo list, I had some...problems tonight and couldn't even warn you that I wouldn't be able to play. Sorry, sorry, sorry. [Frown]
Hope you're not too mad at me. Thursday is fine. I'll be there.

[ October 13, 2004, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

More worried than mad.

We knew that you weren't just blowing us off, there had to be something going on.

Glad to hear you are OK...see you on Thursday!

Kwea

prolixshore
Member # 4496

I wasn't mad, just worried. I hope things are going ok there. We will see you on Thursday then. Have a good day ed.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Ed, I never got the e-mail, and I don't think anyone else got it either, as we were waiting for you in chat.

We were disapointed that we didn't get to play, but no one was mad.

I hope you are OK, and everything worked out for you....even if I don't know what the reason was...lol....

See you tomorrow!

[ October 13, 2004, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Guys, I will be a little late tonight, as I am working until 9:30 pm, and we start at 10 pm EST.

By the time I close my register and all I am not home until 10-10:15, and then i have to change....as much as i liek you all, I am NOY playing DnD in a suit!

See you tonight!

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

See ya. You won't miss much, I guess.

And I'm sooo hurt...you mean we don't deserve you dressing your suit... [Cry]

I mean...you use it to work...maybe to church...but not to play D&D with your friends...I'm deeply hurt. [Frown]

Now, seriously: At least, post an e-mail with your reaction to that symbol Rathen recognized, and your intentions (entering, not entering...)

[ October 14, 2004, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

People, next game will be tonight, 10/19 - 9 PM (CST).

I'll bring the pizza. [Wink]

Kwea
Member # 2199

That will be one hell of a delivery bill, Ed... [Big Grin]

See you tonight!

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Do you think so (about the delivery bill)? [Wink]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Kwea, we're already there! Hope you can make it!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Game tonight (9 PM CST), nice people! I'll be waiting for you
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Alcon, we already begun!
Kwea
Member # 2199

Ed, sorry to blow you off at the end there. I was on Hatrack reading a really good thread, adn didn't see your message.

Do me a favor, ols...when asking me to roll for something, please tell me how many to roll...it will avoind mess ups like that again.

I still think the first roll should have counted, as it was an honest mistake, and it is easy to tell which number was rolled first...

IRL, you would have seen me prep the dice, and told me I only had one attack, probably. On-line it is tough enough because we can't see each other... [Big Grin]

I know you weren't being Unfair, it just sucked a bit....but you are a very good DM so i know I am probably off base here...lol.

That is what I get for rolling too well on rolls that don't count... [Taunt]

Kwea

[ October 22, 2004, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ed, really sorry I missed tonights games. When I originally put up that away message I thought I was just going over to a friends house to help her install AIM and maybe to talk and catch up for a bit, but during the Aim set up another of our friends IMed us, and really needed us to be there for her. So there we were. The three of us ended up talking until about 10 minutes ago. I'm really sorry [Frown] I've missed way too many games [Frown]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

We've noticed.

That is why you are now a NPC.

Just Kidding! [Taunt]
Kwea

[ October 22, 2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Game today, guys. 9 PM (CST).
Hope everyone can make it, this time. [Wave]

Oh, and Kwea is an evil old man, isn't he?

Kwea
Member # 2199

[Wink]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Alcon, O almost invisible sorcerer, will you be able to play tonight? We're already there, you know... [Wave]
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, I was only half there... it was moving night tonight. I have to switch every week from one parents house to the other. Tonight was going the direction (from moms to dads) that I really don't like going. My dad... has problems. I'll just leave it at that. So I was only half there cause I had to pack, and I was in a really really bad mood because I hate moving night, and I hate it especially when it means going to my dads house. [Frown] Thanks for not killing me (Metaphorically and actually in the game).
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

No, no, you got it all wrong....

Ed said he was going to kill ME...

And has done so, twice, despite great rolls from me (he just makes me roll again) and from me rolling for you (he rolls for you AFTER I have, and somehow always gets a 2... [Dont Know] )

Nice DMing, Ed...as usual.. [Roll Eyes]

***disclaimer***...I am just kidding, sort of, as Ed is really one of the better DM's I have played with in 15 years.

Wait...I haven't PLAYED in 15 years....that explains it... [Evil]

[ October 27, 2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

prolixshore
Member # 4496

Just be glad you gave me that healing potion Kwea. Otherwise I would have died in the first round of attacks. And that could be bad since I slaughtered one bat on my own and finished off the one everyone else had hit. Might have been a difficult trek back to town with two or three of us dying.

Evil, evil dm's.

[Big Grin]

--ApostleRadio

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

You know...I really contemplated having the swamp shamblers reach you...but I thought it would be really sad making 5 grown-up males screaming like little girls into the night... [Evil]

Hey, wait! You did scream like little girls during the razorbats encounter! [Evil Laugh]

Hehehe... just kidding, folks. You played really well, as usual. And Kwea, I'll really try to state when and what you have to roll, before you do, so we can avoid most "roll again" situations, ok? [Smile]

And remember, guys...the enemy gate is down! [Wave]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Game today 9 PM (CST). Be there, folks! [Wave]

I'm looking foward to it. [Evil Laugh]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Ed, I am really just messing with you. We should decide if one of us is going to roll for any absent players though, as that did happen last time, for real.

I rolled a 17 for Alcon, you rolled a miss.

[Big Grin]

I have been catching on to what to roll though, but it is a bit different compared to what i use d to do. A lot of the structure is the same, enough that I feel comfortable with events...and then something like that comes up and suprises me.

It has still been a lot of fun though, and i enjoy playing with you as a DM.

Even if you do cheat. [No No]

See you all tonight.

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Ed, are we playing Tuesday night? It is election day here in the US, but I still wnat to play. The election sites close before we play here, so we should be fine!

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

November 2 would be a fitting day. It's "finados" day here in Brazil. A Holiday to honor the dead. So...I think we should play, if everyone is ok with it. [Evil]

I'll provide nice RIP messages for you all [Evil Laugh]

Kwea
Member # 2199

[ROFL]
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I would like to request that we don't play on election day, actually. We are having a large party that night, so I would miss the game. And I'd rather not miss two games in a row when things are just starting to get going. So, if possible, could we postpone the next game a day or two? or have it monday night? I'd appreciate it. Plus, what good is a game without Tec? [Cool]

--ApostleRadio

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.