FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » D&D game, anyone? (let's try again) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: D&D game, anyone? (let's try again)
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Saxon, I'll send you the first messages tonight. Could you post the link where the archives will be stored?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey eduardo, my girlfriend wants to lurk and read the game. If you could approve her to the list, I'd appreciate it. She tried to join today, and just needs your approval, her yahoo id is undercoverspeye, thanks a lot.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Too late, but you can lurk and learn the new rules, so next time you can play.

BTW, I remember that blue book....lol...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea = old [Wink]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! There's nothing wrong with being well-seasoned!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Paprika...I'm pretty saucy at times, for an old salt...

Kwea

[ September 15, 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

kwea, where are you, get in here....
Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
This is one awesome DnD group! Jeeze its good to be playing again! [Smile]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I agree, Alcon. This group is the real thing. [Hat]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Actually, it isn't....and that's the whole point!

But it seems to be a good group, and I am looking forward to more of the same!

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Maybe you're right, Kwea...old gamers are smart, after all [Wink]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, just because you are the DM doesn't mean that you aren't wet behind the ears a bit....

So wet I should be wearing a speedo....wait.....nevermind....

Kwea

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh gawd, now I will have nightmares tonight.

Someone stick Kwea with a +2 longsword. Repeatedly.

[Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to be a spectator. I played the original D&D and AD&D (is that version 2?) quite a bit and DMed it some. About a year ago I played Neverwinter Nights, and it is version 3, so I am at least a little familar with version 3.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Eduardo can include you on the lurk list, and you can check in on it if you want....he may even need some NPC's if you are willing...just let him know you are interested....

Kwea

human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I emailed Eduardo... I was deltaophir, btw.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

*sticks Kwea with a +5 vorpal longsword. Many, many times.

Oops, Kwea, that was your head rolling away?

[Evil Laugh]

[ September 16, 2004, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

To Alexa and everybody who wants to lurk: please, send me an e-mail asking to be added to the mailing list. My e-mail is listed in my profile.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Aw man, looks like I missed all the fun last night. But I read through it and I like what you guys did. I posted something about me during my watch just to make my character a little more accessible than just "that scary druid". lol. See you guys later!

--ApostleRadio

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::can't wait until this is archived::
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Sent it to Saxon this morning, Noemon.
Noemon
Member # 1115

The slacker must be *working* again!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Working is no good! [Mad]
Noemon
Member # 1115

I try to avoid it as much as possible myself. [Wink]
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, I apologize for the delay but I have been pretty busy at work. I have the day off tomorrow, though, so I will try to get the archive set up by then.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

posted September 16, 2004 07:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*sticks Kwea with a +5 vorpal longsword. Many, many times.

Oops, Kwea, that was your head rolling away?

No, even as a DM you can't rol a hit on this....

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

We are in Chat now....
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

O Human, where art thou? [Confused]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Eduardo, what happened? Did you lose you connection? We ae still there....but I can't stay much longer. I need to sleep a bit more tonight than I have been.

I'll be on until about 11, 11:30 at the latest.

Kwea

Alcon
Member # 6645

4 Kills, despite being the weakest in terms of stats here! (spell casting rocks!)

So 4 minus 1 for friendly fire, score of 3, tied for top!! [Razz]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Too bad Gunner won't let you celebrate.and he might think his cavaneer is more than a simple -1 for your kill list....

Besides, you have to divide it by 2, betwee you and your Owl familiar.

I, on the other hand, killed 3, and stopped the rain of arrows...and the fog machine.

[Big Grin]

Kwea

[ September 17, 2004, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Alcon
Member # 6645

I rescued the chest that was runnin off, and I do not have to devide it betweeen me and my owl: "the mage and his familiar are one being" [Razz] There's only one of us thank you very much [Big Grin]
prolixshore
Member # 4496

next time the rest of us should try to roll more initiative than 2, so kwea can't have all the fun before we have a turn.

--ApostleRadio

Kwea
Member # 2199

No, they aren't..just one initiave roll.....you still divide by two, of maybe 1 1/2.

Yeah, any rol higher than a 2 would be good in combat...

Next feat...Cleave! (as soon as I can get it)

Kwea

Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the unwanted comments from the peanut gallery. If you gave the original warning here, I stopped following the thread. [Embarrassed]

[ September 17, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Maccabeus ]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have no idea what you mean.....

What warning?

Nevermind, I just saw it on Yahoo....don't worry about it...

It's all good!

[ September 17, 2004, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

Eduardo, I have posted all of the stuff you sent me to http://www.sakeriver.com/ironkingdom/. I'll try to be timely with posting whatever you send me but I should mention a few things. First, my Internet time is pretty limited on the weekends and holidays, so most likely you'll have to wait until a workday for me to post anything you send me on a weekend. Also, while I will try to make everything as nice as possible, if you could help me out by lumping everything for each entry into a single file that would help me out a lot.

Thanks!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Thanks, Saxon! I'll try to do as you say, you may be sure!

[Wave]

prolixshore
Member # 4496

Hey Saxon, have I mentioned how awesome you are lately? Because if not, you are completely awesome! Thanks for posting all that for us.

--ApostleRadio

saxon75
Member # 4589

You're welcome, guys. Glad to be of service.
Kwea
Member # 2199

[The Wave]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Kwea, we'll be online again tomorrow (sunday) at 21:00 (Central time - is it right?)
Kwea
Member # 2199

No, I live in the EastCoast area.

Hmmm, Sunday....

I can't play Sundays, ever. Except for this Sunday...

[Big Grin]

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

I thought we were going to play tonight? I came home ready to play, and here I sit, DnD-less...

[Cry]

Kwea

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Hey, I said Sunday. [Wink]
Just came from my cousin's graduation from law school (Yay him!). Now...off to bed.

Tomorrow...game!
(I'm glad you can, Kwea(
21h. Central, everyone.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Is that 10 in the EST?
Kwea
Member # 2199

We MAY need someone to fill in for the paladin tonight....talk to Eduardo if interested.

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, role playing defiantly takes a bit longer on-line than IRL, but it has been cool so far.

In case anyone wants to play the next time, I think Teamspeak might be a way to speed things up...perfect for a small group, 4-5 people. Any more than that gets tough, as we all talk all over each other.

But everyone who is playing needs it, of it isn't a good alternative.

I would say chat is a must though.

And Eduardo is a fair DM, which is good to know. I like to play, and attention to detail is a must, but when I say " Rathen puts his money away", I don't need a DM to say later on " Oh, you didn't say where, so you left it there".

Some DM's are that picky, and while I know that it is important to be specific, you can go too far with that. If I say that I never leave my room without my weapons, should I have to say that I take them every time?

Not unless something out of the ordinary is happening...like a night attack, or if I run after someone without my bow....

Eduardo is fair, and doesn't go for the cheap shot like that. If I say I want to carry something in my pack, he lets me know if I don't have the room for it...and tells me my options.

I respect that a lot more than the alternative...and anyone who has gamed knows what I mean, I think.

So thanks, Eduardo, for being fair....as a first time on-line gamer, it matters more than you could know to me.

And trust me, the gamers notice these things...which is probably why you will have to beat off people next time you want to run another game... [Big Grin]

Kwea

[ September 20, 2004, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

About the "Teamspeak" thing. How does it work?
ICQ also have a nice, real-time chat feature. Does any of you use it?

About being fair: Awww, you big lug... [Wink]
Seriously...I try to be fair, but if you keep rolling as high as you do, well..."accidents" might happend [Evil Laugh]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Hi. I sent yesterday's chatlog to the mailing list (and to Saxon, to be put in the archives), already. Read it and enjoy yourselves [Smile]

Bye!

[ September 20, 2004, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.