FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack broke my thinking cap (or How I learned to stop worrying and love the Chad) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack broke my thinking cap (or How I learned to stop worrying and love the Chad)
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright...nuke him!

(this was suppose to land directly below Chad's last post)

Fire away!

[ October 12, 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that mean you've had a "change of heart" Tammy?
[Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Chad, your "change the channel if you don't like the tune" analogy doesn't work. I can avoid Howard Stern quite easily by changing the station. But given your prolific participation in all political threads, I would have to do a lot of scrolling to avoid your posts.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
It's because I am all powerful! I can make them read! I can make them post! They can't help themselves. I really shouldn't flex my all powerful self at them as much as I do, but if you read my threads, you know who my victims are!

They truly, and honestly can't NOT post. They have to. Don't blame them. I force them with my powers!

See I made the people in this thread call me names!

Behold the Power of Chad!

MWWwwwhaahahahahaha

Yes...Banna I do believe I get it now!

Chad [No No]

You need to at least seriously reply. It would be the respectful thing to do.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

((Tammy))
((Anna))
((Tom))
((Kat))
((Celia))
((Opehlia))
((Ben))

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, man. I feel all left out now. [Frown]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

How about a firm handshake Dag? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee, sorry I didn't spell it out for you because I didn't think anyone would start "jumping to assumptions".

Do you want me to make that directed at you? It seems like you do. Your follow up post to that as well seems to indicate you wanted some "direct" response.

Well, suprise, suprise, the thread was only one thing that helped me change my mind. The stupid people were everyone in general who would abuse the legal system to force their beliefs on the Majority?

Are you one of those?

Maybe you are, but I didn't get the feeling in the thread that people in the thread were going to abuse the legal system to push their agendas.

And dagonee, there are about a thousand unanswered questions out there I have asked, but I don't press them.

If this is so important to you, please let me know how I can help you.

You are obviously very distraught because you think I was perhaps targetting you directly or indirectly.

Be at ease, for that is not the case. As stated above, it was directed at those who abuse the legal system, and which person in the thread fit that description?

Please don't be distraught and put your heart at ease. Let not your feelings be hurt for it was not to you that the post was intended.

Your replies in that thread only showed that the reason for "compromise" wouldn't be valid.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

((Dagonee))
((vwiggin))
((pooka))
((dkw))
((Megan))

CStroman
Member # 6872

Um I did reply to Ben, who asked the same questions as the others.

I think they are fishing for something because they don't like the replies I'm giving.

Again, If you could just tell me the reply your fishing for, maybe I could help out or explain a bit.

As far as I'm concerned, I answered those with unique questions.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Pft. I don't need your pity hugs.

OK I do. ((Banna))

Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Hey...I'll take all the hugs and kisses and whatevers I can get!

[Smile]

CStroman
Member # 6872

Well, I'd like to stay and continue forcing people to post and reply, but I must go home to my family.

G'night all!

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the topic/person of discussion in this thread is why I haven't been willing to spend much of my time on Hatrack lately. [Frown] The posts can't be ignored because they're everywhere, so that makes me want to go somewhere else.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*sigh* you've issued apologies before Chad. But even the apology is arrogant,

For example:
quote:
Please don't be distraught and put your heart at ease. Let not your feelings be hurt for it was not to you that the post was intended.

I have no real hope you will change at this point.

quote:
As stated above, it was directed at those who abuse the legal system, and which person in the thread fit that description?

If no one in the thread fit that description what was the worth in posting it. Posting something IN a thread implies it is relevant to the discussion somehow. If it wasn't intended directly at anybody why bother? You didn't make it clear at the time that it was "only to those who abuse the legal system". You posted it on a thread giving the appearance that it was generally aimed at everyone who had posted on it prior to your sweeping generality. And as you can see that is how we took it! Unless you begin to demonstrate a willingness to avoid sweeping generalizations there will be problems.

AJ

[ October 12, 2004, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

((Space opera))
Dagonee
Member # 5818

AJ, I think the mistake we're making is in assuming Chad fully comprehends the English language. Apparantly "The comments on this thread have changed my mind" includes a silent "and other things too bothersome to mention" after the fifth word in Chad-speak.

Dagonee

[ October 12, 2004, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
eeeee! Banna hugged me!

*does the happy dance*

((Banna))

Alright, off to take my French exam. Whee!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

quote:
Now what we have here is a failure to communicate.
Dagabbit, what did that come from? A Mel Brooks film? I'm hearing it in a western drawl.

AJ

vwiggin
Member # 926

Good night Chad. Have a safe drive home. [Smile]

Now that he's gone, I guess we have to pick on someone else.

You know Dag, you've been really annoying lately...

edited to add: Only the greatest movie of all time -- Cool Hand Luke!

[ October 12, 2004, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
cool hand luke.

and vwiggin's feet stink. VW how come whenever i bring up your stinky feet you just keep repeating that the feet-aware are a bunch of losers?

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" is from Cool Hand Luke, starring Paul Newman.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061512/

vwiggin
Member # 926

My feet stinks because I'm a flip flopper. [Embarrassed]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
You know Dag, you've been really annoying lately...
Oh, sure. When I do it, it's annoying. When a LIBERAL does it it's OK.
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
home to my family
I've had to come to grips lately with the mistaken idea that having a home and family seemed to validate some of the jerky stuff I did and said around others, when in reality I was just ticking people off. I'd say something in a conversation as a gambit into iffy territory and then look to my wife to see if I had crossed the line, and when she didn't react I'd keep going.

I go through phases like that, in which I think that having accomplished certain milestones affords me the liberty of getting loose with my tongue.

Yeah, the spouse and kids may want to cuddle and play when we get home. Does that mean we weren't jerks today?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Dag, I totally expect that kind of irrational response from a girl.

[ October 12, 2004, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

skillery, that was profound.

AJ

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Huh. If you hadn't been dumb enough to stick a glowing jewel in the face of a raving werewolf you'd have both your hands.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

it was a Werewolf?

(dag you know you'd better back up your facts and reference your Tolkien chapter and page on this forum [Taunt] )

AJ

vwiggin
Member # 926

[Roll Eyes]

You're just bigoted against man-elf relationships. Especially when that man is a hot chunk of manly love.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yes. Yes it was a werewolf. [Smile]

[ October 12, 2004, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Everyone knows God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Legolas.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

wow, didn't know that. you learn something new every day!
[Wink]
AJ

vwiggin
Member # 926

[ROFL]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I win!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Yup and you even slayed two foes at once... or were we having a threesome?

AJ

vwiggin
Member # 926

Is anyone else mesmerized by that dancing wolf? It's so peaceful.

skillery, I always have a soft spot for people with spouse and children to go home to. Part of it is because I'm single, and I'm jealous!

Another part is because when a man says he is going home to his family, I'm reminded that no matter what I think of the guy, someone, somewhere loved him enough to marry him. So they can't be all bad. [Smile]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Ya big softy!
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
wow. NOW the thread is relieving my broken and painful brain VW.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

"or were we having a threesome?"

Again, I only offer my firm handshake.

Don't worry Dag. That rule doesn't apply to you. I know you're an evil law student.

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I have a relatively simple question (really, set of questions) for Chad.

How many forums have you found that don't consider your argumentative style abusive and insulting? How many have you tried? Do you think this suggests anything? If so, what?

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Sorry for derailing your thread in the first place Ben. [Wink]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Are you sure we shouldn't read some subconsious anti-liberal bias into your "firm" handshake?
[Wink]

AJ

vwiggin
Member # 926

No. But feel free to read a healthy dose of homophobic "stop touching me unless you mean it" bias into it.

[Wink]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

One day I'll have minions.

Then you'll all pay.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

but... but... I'm really a girl!!!
[Razz]
AJ

vwiggin
Member # 926

Then I take everything back, you fruity goodness. [Smile]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

You mean fruity goddess!

AJ

(hey I didn't say I was a Nice goddess. Maybe I'm related to Kali)

[ October 12, 2004, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But if I make a certain viewpoint look stupid. It's not my fault that it's one you hold. It's yours.

I would encourage anyone to look up my threads to see if I attacked anyone personally.

You will find that it is others like Tom or Ben or Kwea who have nothing other than "name calling" to depend on.

They can do it all they want. It reflects on THEM, not me.

But if you are looking for someone who will abandon their viewpoints because it gets attacked, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Chad...that does it.....you are a complete waste of skin.

You have never successfully refuted a single point on this board, and I could post more than a dozen examples of you calling someone names without provocation.

The only time you have ever made me feel stupid is right now....because I can't figure out why I have bothered replying to your posts at all.

I have argued with 4 year olds who use better rhetoric, and 10 year olds with a better grasp of international politics. Your "facts" are, at best, overly simplistic, and at worse complete fabrications.

You are rude, ignorant, and arrogant...and I can't for see why you have such a high opinion of yourself...

Because no one else here shares it with you.

Feel free to continue as you have, as you make a better argument against yourself with every post than I ever could alone.

One question....

If you don't care so much, why bother coming here and posting?

Once again...if you are going to lie, please put some effort into it, and be a little less transparent.

Kwea

[ October 12, 2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.